[OpNet] Was it hard?

Loge

A degree? You mean Diploma. I'm still in highschool.

How can your powers get the better of you? I mean, the guys at my Rashoud clinic are always talking about being in control and practicing so I don't loose control and accidentally electrocute someone and stuff. Is that what you mean or were you talking about something else?

Yes a diploma, my mistake.

To answer your question, There are some novas out there who allow themselves to be ruled by the very nature of their abilities. They think that because they look like a monster they must act like one, that because they can kill with a dozen means that they should.

The other part, keeping your abilities under control so that you don't accidentally harm someone is also very important. Do you naturally produce uncontrolled excess quantities of electricity, or is that the controlled manifestation of one of your abilities?

Originally Posted By: Timeslip
Quote:
Timeslip, please stop showing off your hypocries.
Oh please, do tell about my "hypocries", Signy Malory. I'm right on the edge of my seat, quivering with anticipation for your gifted insight with regard to my "hypocries". Pins would sound like meteors crashing to earth in the silence that fills the room whilst I wait for this truly rare and precious experience of hearing you explore my "hypocries".

You live a lie, and you embrace it. You tell the world they can't judge you and that all novas have to find their own truth..That is until a nova finds truth in away you do not like. Or rather that is until a nova says they no longer wish to wear their name tags in the nonconformist movement, and thus no they no longer conform to your ideal mold.

Originally Posted By: Sylvan
Originally Posted By: Revenant
Originally Posted By: Moronic Malory
What is the hardest thing I have done?I died.

Dying is easy you pathetic waste of a node.

Try to live sometime.

Signy, I have to agree with Revenant. There were lots of times I wished I had died instead of erupting. My life before eruption was downright heavenly compared to the pain that has come after.

Dying would have been, and still is, the easy way out. Living hurts; it's pain and effort for what seems to be very little reward. So I guess, the hardest thing for me, is to get up every morning, and go to work, and just keep doing what I'm doing.

Cliche of the year awards for two? Really, get over it. You were nto there, and you did not feel it. I have lived a longer time than either of you. Life is easy for me. Death is hard. I love life, I do not hae anything to fear in life. Death is something completly diffrent.

So, Sylvan you have hard life? Should I feel for you? Maybe, but that is not me.

Revenant, you do not know me. You are you. Things you find hard are not hard for me.

Originally Posted By: Signy Malory
You live a lie, and you embrace it. You tell the world they can't judge you and that all novas have to find their own truth..That is until a nova finds truth in away you do not like. Or rather that is until a nova says they no longer wish to wear their name tags in the nonconformist movement, and thus no they no longer conform to your ideal mold.
If that's what you truly believe, you know far, far less of me than I expected. And all things considered, I think that is a factor worthy of celebration on my part, you odious little half-wit. I'll thank you to never waste a moment of my time - regardless how fluid such an asset may be for me - again.

Cliche of the year awards for two? Really, get over it. You were nto there, and you did not feel it. I have lived a longer time than either of you. Life is easy for me. Death is hard. I love life, I do not hae anything to fear in life. Death is something completly diffrent.

So, Sylvan you have hard life? Should I feel for you? Maybe, but that is not me.

And you do not feel my life; you don't know how hard it is. Take your own advice; don't judge me just because I disagree with your opinion. You do remember what that is, don't you? Where you have a thought that is yours and that others are not required to share with you.

All you do is come here and mock others, and then you get upset when no one empathizes with you?

Go away and pester another message board, Ms. Malory.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Uh, what do you mean?
You're in high school. If you're in your senior year, junior year in some schools, you took some personality and work preference apptitude test. Essentially those apptitude tests told you what kind of work you like to do, how you like to do it, and how people fall into doing that. Still with me so far? Good.

You erupted. How you changed in eruption may have changed some of your preferences, it sure as hell opened a lot of doors to you, but being a nova by itself doesn't change those things just because you are one. If you liked working with people and hate working alone that hasn't changed. If you liked hanging out and socializing with people that's still true. So just like they were trying to tell you when you took the tests, you choose your work and don't let your work choose you.

And personal advice from me is not to sign anything. Not until you've heard at least three totally different people from three totally different organization give you a pitch and then thought about it hard.

Originally Posted By: Girl Made of Titaniu
I'll go back to high school when they fill one with novas. Until then, I'm a student of the world.

Now a school like that would be cool. The closest thing I've ever heard about like that is that stupid Teen2Morrow. I was asked to join you know. I laught for about 20 minutes before I realized they were serious.

Originally Posted By: Sylvan

And you do not feel my life; you don't know how hard it is. Take your own advice; don't judge me just because I disagree with your opinion. You do remember what that is, don't you? Where you have a thought that is yours and that others are not required to share with you.

All you do is come here and mock others, and then you get upset when no one empathizes with you?

Go away and pester another message board, Ms. Malory.

Ha, I love your tactits. Bash somone with mud slinging and then shout out it was not who started the faul play when they do the same. I stated the hardest thing I had to do was to die, and you stated that I should try living. You pointed out how dying would be easy for you, cause you think you have a hard life. I stated it wasn't for me. So miss Pot, I think you should really see what color you are.

Ha, I love your tactits. Bash somone with mud slinging and then shout out it was not who started the faul play when they do the same. I stated the hardest thing I had to do was to die, and you stated that I should try living. You pointed out how dying would be easy for you, cause you think you have a hard life. I stated it wasn't for me. So miss Pot, I think you should really see what color you are.

Signy, I suggest you reread our interaction. I was polite to you until you derided my opinion. Revenant was his usual charming self; if you are angry, you should be angry at him.

And note: I have not attacked your opinion, only the way in which you have treated mine.

Originally Posted By: Loge
You're in high school. If you're in your senior year, junior year in some schools, you took some personality and work preference apptitude test. Essentially those apptitude tests told you what kind of work you like to do, how you like to do it, and how people fall into doing that. Still with me so far? Good.

You erupted. How you changed in eruption may have changed some of your preferences, it sure as hell opened a lot of doors to you, but being a nova by itself doesn't change those things just because you are one. If you liked working with people and hate working alone that hasn't changed. If you liked hanging out and socializing with people that's still true. So just like they were trying to tell you when you took the tests, you choose your work and don't let your work choose you.

And personal advice from me is not to sign anything. Not until you've heard at least three totally different people from three totally different organization give you a pitch and then thought about it hard.

Sorry I didn't answer you before.

I kinda get what you are saying here. I mean I still like playing football (even if they won't let me play on the school team anymore). That hasn't changed, but it's not like I could've ever made a career out of it.

Oh and I've had dozens of offers already. A bunch of universities want to give me scholarships, and Utopia offered me a place with Tn2M like I said. Plus a bunch of other offers. The 'rents are being strict though. I can't sign nothing until high school is over. I think they want me to be as normal as possible.

I walked away form my life. SUre my life sucked and was depressing but it was all I knew. Sometimes the unknown, no mater how good it will be is a scary thing. I feared that it would be worse, I am nova.I know that should be good, right? The little lump in my head is good for me, right? THat is what people told me, but I still don't have any powers. I am still just human. I am no goddess, no post-human here.I am just me. I don't know why people think I am anything more than anyone else.

I am just a young woman in a strange wrold, trying to be.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Sorry I didn't answer you before.
Nothing to be sorry about. This is just an op site. Actually its several opsites if you count the mirrors. But still its just a place where we go once in a while to chat. If someone doesn't answer me.... Well, its never been life of death before and won't stop the other 2 - 4 thousand opmails most novas get in a day.

Good luck with school.

Hardest thing ever done by me.....

Probably investigate the depth of my capacity?

I got no actual powers, but as the doctors who checked me up when I erupted by in 99, I'm past human pinnacle in most areas...which, is scary when you start to think of it.

I mean, I can sidestep bullets, I can lift cars, I can take the brunt of a golden gloves boxer hits, I can hear the snowflakes fall and see their shapes, I can make some people do as I want, I can make myself the life of any party or turn myself into anyone I want, my reaction times are non-clock able and my I.Q. seems to be on the high 200's...Its just wrong.

There comes a point where you got to ask yourself if you fit among the humans anymore. I mean, I don't grow spines, or shoots rays of death, or move things with my mind. But when I'm so over the average person, how do you fit? what do you talk about? "Oh yeah, I was lifting a fire truck the other day and started thinking that I probably can knit a sweater with my feet. How was your day honey?"

So the hardest thing I ever did was accept I simply will never fit in, and just adjust. Feels horrible walking through the street and feeling alone all the time. I guess that if I didn't had my sister (who is also a Nova) and other Novas, I might as well just go insane and go on a easily stopped rampage every now and then.

I call bullshit, Scraping-the-Bottom-of-the-Barrel-o-Names Lad. You erupted in '99 and nobody seems to have heard of you. You claim to have an IQ over 200 but apparently don't know how to spell properly or use proper punctuation. Fuck, you apparently can't even be bothered to use a spellchecker!

As for your lame-fuck crisis of personal identity, you know, I've changed my mind, maybe you are from 1999, because it's the only reason I could think of that you'd be dusting off chestnuts like the old "I just don't feel human anymore" faux tragedy this late in the game.

I'm not buying what you're selling, and Hume and Occam are on my side. Rope it in before someone takes you seriously.

Well, when you do absolutely nothing to stand out, its hard to get a big reputation. You know?

As I said, I don't throw lightning bolts, I don't fly, I don't create vaccines for every disease in the world or build the next wonder of the world.

Maybe you are too high on your own intelligence Machina, maybe I AM pretty outdated on my way to see myself, maybe I just don't think I'm the next god in the world or the prize in the happy meal. If I have trouble dealing with my own personal feelings, what do you have to say to that? Did your astounding intelligence gave you insight into every person's head? Didn't think so.

The topic asked for something and I gave it, its not your business to say if I'm right or wrong on my view of the world, so piss off.

PS: If one thing you had right, Its that I do indeed need the usage of the Spell check function. So here it is, maybe the edit will help your bleeding eyes hurt less?

Thank you Indigo, seems we could have something in common. My mechanics cant spell for shit either!

and one last jab at Machina, you take the Latin word for a Machine and I am the one scraping the bottom of the barrel for names? Give me a break, dont put your insecurities on me Mr. "I smoke the cure for lung cancer every now and then"

I was not aware of the second Machina, as I had only previously read posts by this nicotine addicted Machina. But if he gets to use a Latin word, I get to use a Latin word too. Don't you think its fair m'lady?

After all, Polymath its just a pretty way of saying "Jack of all trades, Master of none" which is very fitting to me.

Can't blame you, I did not know the word myself until after I erupted, I was on the old Internet looking for a nice name for myself, and I ended up liking this one.

You know how sometimes you just have a hunch and go with it? That's what I did. Hope it clears anything up?

For starters, Junket, I'm not calling to issue your reputation or lack thereof. What I'm trying to hammer out is how somebody who says he erupted over a fucking decade ago is a media ghost, and like I said, I'm not fucking buying it. Back in '99, you couldn't say the word "nova" without calling the local news pigs to trough, but you'd have us believe that your eruption was some quiet, civil affair that didn't draw any media attention? Sure. Pull the other one.

And better still, that'd make you active for about seventeen years. You know where the novas who've been active that long tend to congregate? NOT HERE. Most of them are dead, exploring the cosmos/alternatve universes/contemplating their navel or running organizational bodies with a higher GNP than Belgium. But no, not you, right? You erupted at the height of the nova inception and have been active for seventeen years, but have never been so much as a blip on the radar or even the most gentle force in nova politicking.

I am calling you a fucking liar.

When have I EVER said I was active Machina?

Like you can probably know from the little posts I have, I simply don't have powers.

So what if the people that erupted back in '98 with the Galatea explosion are now killing machines that are colonizing fucking Europa? What if they are in the deepest trench of the Marina Reef meditating on whether they should split the earth in half?

I'm not them. I don't like exercising my powers, I spend a lot of time Dormed down. Because, its the only way I fit in.

I don't know why you have such a bone with me, Why is it so hard for your so called 'astounding' mind to comprehend that not every Nova wants to be famous? Maybe I erupted in a non-public way and just decided to not share it? Why must I fit your standard? You already admitted you can't believe how I see myself, you say you can't believe my name wouldn't be know if I erupted so long ago, and you apparently know how my mind works without ever meeting me.

If all this dosen't fit, how hard is to assume the rest wont fit either?

Not everyone erupts to save the mayor, or because a building is going to fall on them, or because they have to save a school bus full of children. I don't feel like sharing why I erupted, but you can know for sure it wasen't a public event. Otherwise, as you said, I would be much more known.

So that's the truth, take it or leave it. I pretty much dont care for the opinion of an individual over the OpNet who thinks himself over everyone else because a lump of cells on his frontal lobe lets him know how to build machines out of science fiction. (Heh, how I miss the days of saying variations of that on the Internet)

Polymath, you won't fit in. For starters, odds are your 'dormed' form is damn near max-human potential. The Quantum scars you that way. For another, you can always change reality in ways normal folks can't. You can. You know you can. You get to choose, even if you don't recognize that faculty within yourself.

On the bright side, evolution has left you with more tools to make your own place in the world. Don't confuse it with normal, because it just isn't so.

I spend a lot of my time in "dormed" form. There are reasons for that but none you'd be interested in. Okay, I can see a point here. I am stronger and healthier than I was before eruption. Hand/eye coordination is good. Stamina is pretty good. Lots of little marks and scars disappeared at eruption. I don't suffer from the little things that were once just the price of being alive. No more flu or infected cuts. My bad shoulder is just my shoulder. I don't limp any more when the weather turns cold or damp.

On the other side of the coin there are lots of things I wasn't good at before and I still couldn't do well if my life depended on it. Yes I make a good living trading on the fascination with novas but that only opens the door. I'm making the same things I could have made before but just never had the time for. I'm not the ultimate guy in the furniture business but I'm good enough to get repeat business and nova enough to jack my prices up and still do a brisk business. So if the quantum scarred me I don't see it. I got back some things I had a long time ago. I got to keep my experience and what I've learned too. Together it makes a good living but not one that lets me buy palaces on petty cash or just pick and move because the wind takes me. Its not something that lets me rewrite reality either. Tricks and some flash sure but the life experience is worth more in the long run.

Archived