[Fiction] Babylon Reborn: Arrivals

Velvet

He was gorgeous. That much was apparent. Not superhumanly so, but still, enough to turn most heads. He was enormously muscular, but in a compact way. As if his power was contained and waiting to burst free. His black shirt fit him like a second skin, sparkling slightly. Loose, immaculately-cut olive-green trousers with a razor sharp crease framed his lower body. He smiled with practiced precision. The life of an Elite called on one to perfect social niceties if at all possible and Trooper was no Tank Choulat. He'd been part of many a client face to face and he was known for having a nice personal charm when applicable.

He paused professionally for the photographers. American paparazzi were a bit more restrained than the Europeans, and it was a nice change. He took a quick pose and then spun away to enter Babylon.

"Nice place."

He nodded to the hottie at the door, "Hey, I'm Trooper. So, is there a test? Do I need to do something to prove I'm a nova?"

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bacchus sat stunned. This was it, the elixir, aqua vitae…the drink of life.

It was almost like it had been in the old days, the world swaying around him slightly. He squinted for a moment, then grinned. He had it now, the secrets of the Ampwell. He’d never be sober again!

He glared at his cup for a moment. It wasn’t nearly big enough. He concentrated, and a moment later his cup grew fifty percent larger. The glass was now the size of a cantaloupe, but it was still empty.

“Can you fill this up with water?” He asked the bartender. A moment later he concentrated and sipped.

It tasted like battery acid.

“Dammit!” he murmured to himself. He tried again, and sipped, and this time he grinned. Perfect.

He drank for a moment, then turned to face the rest of the room. His eyes widened.

Whoa. He’d been so intent on the bar before that he’d barely noticed his surroundings, but this….

These were novas, and he was here among the elite.

He sipped at his drink and grinned, barely noticing the streamers of light that were circling his head.

Oh... I dunno... cuz I assumed you were... not hot. Look. At. Those. Hips. Revenant quickly composed himself and with movement forged from quantum fires not only produced a lighter, but had it lit and awaiting the lovely lady's cigarillo.

"Well, I suppose it was because I expected someone... less pleasant." He said as she leaned forward accepting his offer. Moments later the scent of peach smoke filled the air.

He placed his fingers to his ear and listened. "Um, Ms. Noir, if you'll excuse me, there is a matter that demands my attention. You you'll just follow this hallway down you'll find yourself in the dining area where other are congregating t the moment. Please, enjoy your night here at Babylon."

Rather abruptly Revenant headed off.

"Actually, I've seen some of your posts on the OpNet forums," she grinned in response, more than a little amused at the aura of self-importance that seemed to surround him. "As I recall, you've got quite the interesting persona there."

And easy on the eyes, as well. Something about a pair of well-pressed slacks...

"I'm Velvet, if you hadn't already guessed. Welcome to Club Babylon, Trooper. I hope you enjoy your evening," she offered, inclining her head in a bemused, but regal approximation of a bow as the gold bands around her arms jingled softly.

Slowly, Bloodspirit approaches the front of the club, hoping that his blood-red tuxedo will not be completely out of place in the club's interior. His nervousness is apparent to anyone with a whit of perceptiveness. He looks up and down the crowd of baselines watching the entrances of the various high profile novas. He finally gets to the door, only to be stopped by security. He turns to the closest security guard and says, "Excuse me, but I heard there was a nova-only club opening. I would like to be admitted... but i can understand if you doubt me. What should I do to prove myself a nova?" He sighs. "Maybe you have someone who can tell if I'm a nova? I don't really feel like getting fined for defacement of public property." Bloodspirit stands by patiently as he waits for security to decide what to do next. When he hears the security guard speak into his walkie-talkie, and ask for Revenant to approach the entrance, Bloodspirit blanches. Oh, no.... not HIM, he thinks. He fidgets with his cufflinks as he waits for Revenant to arrive.

[ Mega appearance, Mega charisma, Mega Manip, all at 1. No enhancements active. Mega perception 1 w/ That Creepy Feeling(No quantum spent)]

Within seconds Revenant walks into the foyer, looking at the security staff member, Jeff, and not yet noticing Bloodspirit. "I just was called away from a great pair of hips, Jeff, this better be good."

"Sorry." Jeff replies. "But this guy, he uhh, wants to know if there is a nova test or soemthing... do I just let him in?"

With a sudden snap Bloodspirit finds Revenant's eerie xanthic hued eyes barreling down at him. His expression is an irritated one (when isn't it?) and his words are sharp, and tactless. "A nova test? No," He glances at Bloodspirit, his eyes still attund to the patterns of the soul. "No... he's okay. Welcome to Club Babylon. Please enjoy your time here."

"Say, maybe your group should take a few days of vacation in Vegas. I'll get you free tickets to my show, maybe I can talk the manager into comping you guys suites for publicity."

Jager looks intrigued.

"To hear you sing and tear the place down?" he muses. "I'd like that. I imagine Cade, Clark, Vali, and Amped would be there in an instant too. I'm not sure how long we could stay ... as a group. The city keeps us pretty busy, but maybe we could make special guest appearances, or something like that."

Jager's face turns serious,

"But what does all of that do for you? Is Vegas what you want to be doing? You're pretty new, right? Have you taken a little time for yourself, who you are, and what you are becoming?"

[Persuader: Jager wants Simone to think about herself and her own personal wants and desires]

"You're hot," Jager adds, looking into her eyes, "and you've got a beautiful voice, and you are fooling yourself if you don't think you are something truly spectacular.

Jager looks very intense, and behind his eyes, an aura of barely contained power flares. It is almost like Jager's flesh is only a shell that struggles to constrain a much more powerful, and free, being.

Simone meets his gaze, glazes a little, and looks for a chair. "Well, it's only a one year contract. For a new nova, it's a pretty sweet deal, and it'll give me a chance to get set up somewhere if I change my mind about performing. At least, that's what my agent says, and he hasn't been wrong - so far," she adds wryly. "The best part is that it's far away from my parents. I dunno about you, but my mom has been positively stifling since I erupted." Her face falls a little bit as she reflects upon that day.

As Jager compliments her, Simone blushes and glances away, looking around the room. With a coy glance back at him, she winks, and asks, "It's ok if I tell my fan club that I got to share drinks with a famous city defender, right?"

Bloodspirit lets out a breath he hadn't known he was holding as Revenant's eyes bore into him. He finally regains some color as he hears Revenant welcome him. He sighs, and nods to Revenant and the security guard, as he walks past them, and into the club. His eyes widen as he takes in the majesty of the decor, and the size of the club. After standing still for almost a minute, he makes his way to the closest end of the bar, and flags down a bartender. When the bartender approaches he orders a drambuie and peppermint schnapps on the rocks. As the drink is delivered, he sips the drink, and hands the bartender a five dollar tip. He leans up against the bar, drink in hand, and gazes around the room, looking for anyone he knows.

From his position at the door Revenant stared at the glamourous nova goddess he had come to call his best friend. Velvet stood just outside te door speaking with the nova called 'Trooper'.

Everything about her this evening certified her perfection in his eyes. She was an absolute vision of beauty and radiance. He had never really seen Velvet go out of her way to dress up for any sort of event, and tonight had literally taken Warren by suprise. His eyes followed every suble curve of her body and her gown left little to his imagination.

Ever and always, with out a doubt, your smile is your finest accessory. Good luck tonight Violet. I'll be right here. he thought to himself as he looked off at her still lost his own little world.

As if on cue from across the way the amethyst goddess turned to notice him and with a subtle grin and pleasent wink, let him know she knew he was watching her.

Moments like this one always left him wondering if she was reading his thoughts.

“Peppermint schnapps?” Bacchus shook his head, then grinned. “I’m not sure what the point is.”

The man who’d sat beside him was huge, eight inches taller than Bacchus had ever considered being. The red tuxedo he was wearing made Bacchus suddenly conscious of his own retro-grunge look.

“Nice Tux.” Bacchus continued. “Try the Ampwells. They’re bitchin…”

The other man didn’t say anything, and Bacchus felt his smile slipping slightly.

To say that Flicker was surprised to see Selena at Club Babylon would be an epic understatement. The day before, she and Neil had agreed to take care of her child Winter for a few days.

And now here she is, partying it up, she thought. And who is that she's with?

Flicker strode across the club to join them, ignoring the effect she might have on others as she slinked in her 4" heels, wearing Meghan Cutter as a second skin.

"Selena, good to see you again," Flicker said pleasantly. She turned to Preston. "I cannot shake the impression that I know you from somewhere, there's a familiarity to you that I just cannot shake. Have we been introduced?"

That she was talking to her fiance's father, she had no idea.

Jager's eyes narrow conspiritorally.

"Sure. No problem about you, me and the drinks ... but you've got something else singing in your heart and your soul. I can hear it. Whatever it is, lets do it. How many nights are going to be like this one. You're in a club full of novas and you want to shine. I've got your back. Let's go."

Though Jager has no clue what he's buying into, there are times when you've just got to live life beyond the boundries and confines of the expected and accepted.

The grin Jager gives Simone tells he they can do anything tonight, even be like the Gods in the ancient streets of Babylon.

“Call me Bacchus.” Bacchus took the large man’s hand and shook it. “Mike, if you want to get personal.”

“I haven’t been at this very long, and this is the first real buzz I’ve had in three months. Hell, you’re the first nova I’ve ever met.”

Grinning, he said, “This nova thing has been kind of a buzz kill for me. Well…except for the whole Burning man thing…and New Orleans…and Key West…and Mexico.”

He stared out toward the stage and said, “I’ve never done this much partying and been this sober in my life. Have you enjoyed being a nova?”

Okay. If I don't go inside right now my nipples are going to cut holes in my dress.

"Excuse me doll," she said to Trooper and the few other novas awaiting entrance, lowering her voice as she leaned in conspiratorially, "but I'm freezing my ass off out here." She waved, flashing a mega-watt smile at the crowd, and strolled inside with a definite sway in her hips.

As she passed through the foyer, the weight of a familiar gaze sent a tingle down the back of her neck, and she looked across the way to meet Revenant's sulphurous yellow gaze. Her smile broadened; he cleaned up nicely, and so far his professionalism had left her thoroughly impressed. The aura of warmth and cordiality that followed her only intensified, and if it could be said to have been possible, for a brief moment she looked more radiant, more luminous as she entered the main room of the club.

Keep up the good work, Sunshine, and thanks. Couldn't have done this without you.

"Selena, good to see you again," to which Selena nods politely, with her own sly smile playing across her lips.

"I cannot shake the impression that I know you from somewhere, there's a familiarity to you that I just cannot shake. Have we been introduced?"

"Not yet, Nova and Meghan. I'm Craig Preston, Neil's father, though I'm better known on the Opnet as Preston," Preston says without batting one aberrated eye, nor showing any sign of displeasure ... or surprise. In fact, he seems generally pleased to meet the two young female novas and might even hug them if given the chance.

Originally Posted By: Jager
Though Jager has no clue what he's buying into, there are times when you've just got to live life beyond the boundries and confines of the expected and accepted.
The grin Jager gives Simone tells he they can do anything tonight, even be like the Gods in the ancient streets of Babylon.
Simone blushes more, easily visible on her pale Nordic features. "Well then, let's explore the club. Upstairs first?" Since Jager seems rather eager to follow her lead, she'll take his hand and lead him up the spiral stairway to the top floor. Upon reaching the dance floor, she gapes at the stage, then abandons Jager to run, and leap onto the stage. In moments, an electric guitar is in her hands, plugged in, and a chord rips out across the dance floor.

"Hey Jager! You do know how to mosh, right?" With a devious grin, Simone starts laying into the guitar, blasting out the lead guitar from an old Metallica song to warm up with.

[Activating Center of Attention, and Awe Inspiring still on. Only people on the second floor are affected.]

"I found it to be a boon, in my line of work. But other than that, I have found that it opens few doors without a spectacular power. I seem to be too underpowered to attract much attention. It has been fun, though. You should walk around, and meet the other people here. Very few of them will bite your head off... for no good reason. "

He thinks for a moment. "You were a major partier, I take it. I never got much into that. But I have always wanted to make it to Burning Man. How was it?"

He grins, "So, what do you think of your first nova met?"

There are witnesses who will swear that Flicker was so surprised that she stopped flickering for a full ten seconds. These reports are not to be trusted.

"Craig. . . Preston," Flicker said slowly, recovering her wits.

Oh, how awkward, she thought. Inside her skin made of Meghan Cutter, she felt her cheeks burning in embarassment.

"You're Neil's father," she said, stating the obvious and gushing, "Oh, this is absolutely not how I had intended to meet you for the first time!" She stepped forward to embrace the senior Preston, hoping to drive the conversation past her embarassment and on to some other-- any other-- topic.

"Hi Mister Preston!" Meghan shouted cheerfully from a nonspecific point on her body.

Preston warmly hugs the taller (two)novas to him and his smile widens.

"You can call me Craig, or, like most people, Preston, Meghan. You're almost family anyway."

To Flicker,

"Its okay, Nova, though I would suggest on general principle you wear a little something underneath on the off chance something happens to your Megh-fiber suit."

The look Preston holds in his softly glowing eyes for Nova is one of love and affection. To help ease her discomfort somewhat, Preston adds,

"Nova, you can't appreciate how much the joy you bring to my son means to me. He loves you, and you are someone truly worthy of that love and devotion. I can think of no one else I would rather see my son with and I mean that from the bottom of my heart."

Long finally spies Preston, accomanied by Selena, his partner and the mother of Neil's daughter. Flicker is also there, wearing what looks like Meghan Cutter. He covers the distance to them easily enough and greets them all with a warm smile. "Preston, I didn't know you would be here. It is good to see you again."

He turns to Selena and bows his head. Ms Ramirez, it's a pleasure to meet you as well." Her feline features weren't lost on him, but he quieted his baser instincts.

To Flicker his eyes widen a bit and he chuckles. "It's nice to see you Flicker, and Meghan. "That's certainly an innovative way to get inside. You look good." He's all smiles and his eyes radiate mischief. "I take it Neil didn't come? That's a pity, he'd have had fun here tonight."

Bacchus grinned. “Burning man was the bomb! It’s a great place to be a nova too…everybody’s there to have a good time. Helps if you can turn water into premium liquor and can make fun illusions, but you’d do ok. “

“Of course, the women there couldn’t compare to….is that Flicker?”

Bacchus stared in the distance. He’d been waiting for Flicker to show up on the night he’d erupted on a bathroom floor.

“I hear what you say about making money,” he said distractedly. “Pretty lights and non-permanent beer aren’t huge money makers.”

He turned to Blood Spirit and said “I’m really glad to have met you. Nice threads, man.”

He hesitated, looking back toward Flicker. “You don’t mind if I copy them for a bit, do you?”

Blood Spirit shrugged, watching him quietly.

Bacchus concentrated, and his jeans and T-shirt shimmered, turning into a finer quality silk. Their form did not change.

“Crap. I don’t do this a lot with solids…” Bacchus muttered. He grimaced again. His shirt and pants began to lengthen, and suddenly he was swimming in them.

“Dammit!”

The last try was the final one. The material shimmered one final time, and Bacchus was in a black tuxedo, one that was slightly less complex than Blood Spirit’s but cut from similar cloth.

“You could make some money doing that.” Blood Spirit pointed out.

“It only lasts a couple of hours." Bacchus coughed for a moment, then said "Do you know Flicker?”

Flicker returned Preston's warm hug, but before she could say anything more, Long had joined their growing circle.

"Hello again Long," Flicker said warmly, "The environmental suit is still working out really well. I can't ever thank you enough for that. Neil will be here in a bit, actually. I need to pick him up in a few minutes' time."

"Hi Long!" Meghan said into the momentary silence which followed. In a more conspiratorial tone she continued softly: "Um, could you keep quiet about me being here? In this country, I'm too young to be in nightclubs."

Outside of the club, off in the distance the squealing of tires could be heard as the weak grumble of the rental 2015 Ford Mustang rounded the corner leading up to the club. The fog lights came in to sight, but they were travelling all over the road staying in no particular lane. Frankly, Edison had given up on driving anything that wasn't Sheila. When you were invulnerable, you didn't care about dying, and if he got in any trouble he would just pull some 'I'm part of the one race, your laws don't pertain to me' shit.

Edison passed the club traveling at a healthy 117mph and smashed the brake to the floor, locking up the under performing, and now broken Anti-Lock brakes. The rear of the car swung around to the side and the car then went into a side over side roll down the road, succesfully avoiding the sidewalks and buildings around, but still managing to hit a couple of the cars belonging to reporters outside. Eventually the destroyed Mustang settled to a halt and Edison crawled out through the shattered remains of the windshield. He stood up, brushed off his knees and his coat then turned to look at the wreckage. That's gotta be the last time they offer me renter's insurance/

Edison walked towards the bar as if nothing had happened, and made his way towards the door, he just assumed that his show of a flawless existance after a car rolling 7 times would be enough proof that he was a Nova.

"So what does a guy gotta do to get in dis place? If ya let me in, I'll get you front row seats to when I get blown up by Machina's whatever the hell it was."

"Of course my friend." He looks to the two officers of the law and smiles. "Besides it isn't my place."

To Flicker he smiles. "You and Neil have helped me alot it was the least I could do. Besides, I love looking at the Earth from space.. it helps put things in perspective at times."

He grins and looks at Bacchus's efforts, then reaches over and straightens his bow tie."I am sure that there are people who would pay for your talents... if you were able to do original fashions. Does the change in shape last longer than the change in material?"

He turns and looks over where Bacchus is looking.

"Never had the pleasure. Maybe we should go and introduce ourselves once she's done with her current conversation. I would not want to interrupt her."

"Have you tried making something without seeing it in front of you?"

"The fabled Edison. You're even more pathetic in person. I'll vouch for you, get in there it's an open bar." Revenant shot a thumb in the direction of 'inside' while his security assistnat Jeff continued to look on in abject disbelief. "For what it's worth... enjoy yourself and I expect my front row seats." Grinning slightly he made no attempt to bar Edison's entrance, nodding to him slightly as he moved past the two men.

Jeff looked on, his jaw still hanging limp. "Did...he just..."

"Yes Jeff." Revenant put simply. "He did Jeff. Watch the door Jeff."

Flicker nodded thoughtfully to Long.

"That it does," she said.

Behind Long, Flicker noticed two young novas at the bar looking back at her, each dressed in a tuxedo, one red and one black. Beyond them, a third nova* in slacks and a dress shirt continued to steal glances as well. Without making any outward show that she'd noticed, she turned to Preston, Selena, and Long.

"Do we know those three guys at the bar?" she asked.

(*: Flea)

“If it’s something I’ve seen before I can do it…assuming I can remember what it looked like, which is always a chancy thing. Now that I’ve analyzed the Ampwells, I’m set for life.”

Bacchus frowned. “But if you mean, could I make a new drink up in my head and change it….or design a car engine block…I don’t know. I’m still getting the hang of all this.”

“It’s like Cinderella…it all goes away at the same time. Great for parties…everybody drunk as skunks, and when it’s time to go home they all turn sober at the same time…but I don’t know if I could do costume design or something like that.”

“Maybe I could do something with the illusions.” Bacchus waved his hand, and a misshapen and lop sided dog appeared in the air before them. “I haven’t quite got the hang of it yet though.”

He let the dog disappear into a trail of shimmering lights.

[ Bacchus has Holo 1 and Manipulation 5]

"You must be that walking corpse Revenant then. You'll have your seats. Hell, if Machina down't object maybe he'll let you push the button, but ya gotta run it by him. It's his toy after all."

Edison approached the bar as quicker than a Uwe Boll movie left theatres. Just his luck one of the male bartenders approach him first. "What can I ge..." Cutting him off mid sentence, Edison give a simple reply. "Ampwell, three of them, in a dirty glass."

Edison scanned the room, extending no courtesies in hiding his gaze. Man this place is nice, guess it has to be to hold all the egos in here. He inventoried the Novas present, and mentally assigned each of them a percent chance of being able to cause his actual death. He might have wanted to die, but there was a small part of him that liked being who he was.

I decided to drive. Sure, Chicago's a pretty good haul, but like any red-blooded guy, I love a road trip every now and again. The open road, brother, where real men do their best thinking. My '67 Shelby roars like a drunken beast of war beneath me as I haul my carcass 'cross I-80 on my way to Jugs' little grand re-opening at Babylon, chain-smoking unfiltered Lucky's and blasting Nick Cave and Motorhead the five hours the drive takes me. Shoulda been about thirteen, but me an' my modified Shelby can break more traffic laws than a cab driving street racer on amphetamines, and there ain't much the local beat can do about it. I outrun 'em every damn time.

Caesar'd given me a full ration of shit for leaving him at the lab alone. He wanted to come, I guess, mostly just to get out for something other than a game of frisbee. Killed me to let him down, but I didn't figure Jugs'd want the fur on her carpet. Besides, I get the feeling that this kinda social event might not be the best place to introduce folks to the likes of Caesar. Still, he made one hell of a persuasive argument. Shouldn'ta made him so damn smart.

Besides, I noted, consulting my watch, in just under two hours I've got to pick up Stellar out in Cali, and I doubt she'd much care to find the shotgun smelling like Alpo and flea dip. I put the modified engine into sixth and revved up to around 600kph, having a good, long think. I ground my teeth into a smile and breathed nothing but smoke. It was going to be a good night. Get hammered with Eddy, get to see some of the local color, and hey, I got a date with Erin. Hot damn. My lips curled into a growl when I thought about her. I was feeling like a fuckin' animal, my blood running hot and my nostrils flared, ready for the hunt. I threw on Lemmy's 'In the Year of the Wolf' and kept the hammer down. I'd hit Chi-town soon enough.

The lights told me where I was first. You see the Chicago skyline enough times, you'll never mistake it for any other. Don't get me wrong, I love New York (fuck, I've got a tee shirt to prove it), but Chicago's my kinda town, too. I hear Club Babylon is a classy joint, and I hope the rumors're true. The Phoenix Room was impressive for its artifice and excess, but nothing speaks to me like a smokey little lounge with a little class. I'm hoping that the Shelby'll impress my date, and since I can't use it to pick her up, I figure I park somewhere just outside of town that's far enough to get in a nice little drive but not so far that it's a fuckin' chore. I pick a Flying J off the interstate, park, buy a fresh pack of smokes, and take a piss. The clerk inside is some mid-twenties nowhere man with bad tattoos and a goatee. He eyes me like his old man come to chaperone his prom. "Where y'headed, there, boss?"

"Babylon, kid". I take what looks like binaca out of my jacket pocket and place a fine mist over the cigarettes in the freshly-open pack, pull one out and light up in the store.

The kid's eyes get wide as quarters. "Shit, Babylon? Isn't it opening night, novas only?"

"You got that right", I told him, waiting for the slow-witted little alternatrash to give me my change.

"Daaaaaaaaamn", he whistled, handing me three bucks in quarters. "So, whoa, that means, you're like...um, hey, can I ask you something?"

I stuff the pack into my shirt pocket and heave, blowing smoke in his face. "Yeeeahhh..."

He loos around for a moment as if making sure nobody's in earshot, then leans in, barely above a whisper, and asks me "You, uh...can you...do stuff? For me, I mean? I was always wondering, if, y'know, I was a latent or something, and I hear that getting exposed to quantum powers issa good way to make it happen." After spitting it out, his face panics for a second, and he amends himself, "Just, uh...don't, like, kill me or anything, huh?"

"Sorry, kid", I tell him, shaking my head with disgust. "I ain't that kinda nova."

The little upper-middle class homo bastard sighs with exasperation. "Great. The one nova I get to meet close up, and he's useless. Thanks a lot, buddy."

"Y'r welcome, kid." I walk outside, and head back towards the Shelby. I spot a grey Lexus with a 'University of Chicago' decal in the back window next to it, definitely the kid's. Out of eyeshot, too. Not too smart. On a clerk's wage, it's either mom and dad's or it's a gift from mom and dad. Either way, I ain't heartbroken about it. I ain't about to hunker down in the parking lot and lift it up, even though I could. Gas sations these days are crawling with surveillance, and I don't need that kind of attention. It takes me five seconds to get the driver door open with a slimjim, though. I sit in the Lexus' driver seat and use a multitool to remove a few pieces from the console. Then I pop the hood, slip out and rearrange a few things in the engine block. Three minutes later I've got a handful of parts and a little grease on my hands, but at least the kid's expensive little toy won't be burdened by the parts my "useless" powers provided his hunk of shit toy, anymore. I gotta say, I don't mind not getting the recognition I'm due, but no spoon-fed little ivy league bastard calls me out without his uppance coming. The parts hit the trash and I step behind the building to a dark spot where I can activate the belt I made after studying footage of chicks like Slider, Flicker, and Blinker. And oh, did I study 'em good and hard. The coordinates to the address Stellar gave me are already in. I hit the buttons and fade away.

The place I land ain't half bad. Stellar told me about the place she told me to pick her up, mentioned something about it being a bolthole where she stayed while training. Nicer than any place I ever lived, though, but that ain't saying much. Three stories built into the side of a hill, well-lit, neighbors within earshot but not crowding, set into a nice little copse of evergreens. Not bad digs at all. I check my reflection in the window next to the front door before I ring the bell, making sure my hair hasn't gone to hell on me and making sure to smooth out my suit of any wrinkles. I practically had to resurrect this old thing form the dead, it's been so damn long since I went anywhere that'd require formal wear. Thankfully, some things never go out of style, and I gotta admit, I ain't looking half bad in my white button-down with dark brown slacks and trenchcoat, black tie and shoes. I crease my fedora to the right angle and smile hungrily as I push the doorbell. Hope I ain't late.

In record time the staff at the Saks 5th Avenue had the blond man fitted into a sleek form fitting Armani jacket that he chose not to button. Beneath was a buttoned up mettalic gray shirt of the same brand that offset the metallic gold of his irises. Black slacks and Tucso boots rounded out the hastily created ensemble. More than once Ben yelped as he found a pin that had been left in the shirt in the careless haste he had tossed it on with.

With one final look in the angled mirrors around him he nodded. "This will at least not make me look like a fool." He rolled his eyes at the thought of walking into the place so casually. Normally when he went to the Phoenix Room on the almost nightly basis he didn't even care what he looked like. But tonight was differnt tonight he felt like he owed himself to look as good as he could. Then again he also didn't want to look like a slobbish clown in front of one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen before.

Once dressed Ben pulled a thick stack of money from the duffle bag laying on the table nearby. "This should cover it keep whatever is left I am in a hurry." With that he did not even bother leaving the store as a quantum powered wormhole blossomed in front of him. "I will pick my old clothes and the bags up later." He remarked to the gawking employees as he disappeared within the event horizon.

The alleyway was as he left it luckily it was not seeing a lot of use and it allowed him to slip out onto the street without notice. Getting to the club was another matter however. Sliding through the mass of humanity Ben looked toward the front door and could not help but feel disappointed, she was gone. He grimaced as he chastized himself for thinking she was going to stand there all night just waiting for him. So instead he made his way to the velvet rope, crossed it and was promptly intercepted by two large fellows as he made his way up the steps.

"I guess I need to?" They nodded. "You know if I was that tiger guy or made of lasers you wouldn't.." "But you aren't are ya?" One of the bouncers cut him off. Ben rolled his eyes as beside him a the blue flicker of spacetime folding to his will once again appeared. A pristine white mountaintop could be see on the other side. "Everest." The two bouncers nodded and looked as impressed as two baseline fellows who had brass balls large enough to claim they were bouncers at a all Nova event could be impressed, if of course you set aside their obvious insanity.

So with no further hassle Ben made his way inside. Sharp looking suit on his body. A duffle bag full of cash under his arm and trying for the world to look like he belonged there.

The smile blows him away and then when she turns he realizes that while maybe he'd never been an ass-man before he was right now.

Okay, don't stare too long. But damn, remember it.

Trooper chuckles slightly and makes his way into the club. The music is nice, infectious with great energy. He moves over to the bar and orders a double whiskey and is more than pleasently suprised to find out that they do in fact carry Johnny Walker Blue Label.

Okay now Troop, remember, these aren't professionals. Well, most of them aren't. Hence, they might mouth off without thinking things through. We don't make the lady with the angel ass mad.

As if on cue some douchebag with too many dollars and barely enough node to get in bumped into him and blew him a shitty look before Trooper could even get out an "excuse me".

Oh. Goody. Let's find us someplace to sit down, enjoy the drink and look at the sights.

A short trip finds him sitting down at a table, watching an enthusiastic and suprisingly talented young lady making Oathbreaker's "Hurricaine Aria" sexy.

Okay, it's not Prof. Psychlo's Bar and Grill, but boy, it's got charms all its own.

The doorbell rang and Stellar clicked off the fight films she had been watching. She rose from the couch and stretched with a small yawn as her causal flannel swirled around her, shifting color and shape until it left her in a elegant white gown, the material slightly shear to allow a teasing glimpse of her curvy, athletic figure and the fact she wore nothing beneath it.

With a quick glance in the mirror she walked over to the door and smiled, letting her sparking aura shimmer into existence as she, quite literally, turned on the charm.

The door’s deadbolt clicked and the door swung open, revealing Stellar standing there in her trademark white and gold, the sparkling aura adding a bit of backlight, enhancing the near transparency of the dress.

Her grin grew as she looked Machina over.

“Nice outfit. I feel honored.” Stellar said jokingly, giving him a wink.

StellarDress.gif

Goddamn.

I...whoa. Goddamn.

It takes me long enough to pick my goddamn jaw up off the floor that Erin knows she made the impression she was hoping for. I stand there deaf-mute for near a fuckin' minute, eyes like a deer in headlights and salivatin' like Pavlov's dog. She's downright fuckin' gorgeous, and the best part is that she knows it. I get a front row seat for inspecting the well-sculpted curves and edges that threaten me like dynamite beneath the sheer fabric of her dress, a studdy in classical Roman sculpture in tawny, lightly bronzed flesh. Strong and lean, the body of an athlete. And that dress teases me with just enough to make me hungry to fill in the gaps it leaves to my imagination.

Reiteration; goddamn.

Coming out of lust-induced fugue, I blink a couple times and smile. "Thanks, darlin'. You, uh..." I smile wolfishly, a small, urgent growl at the back of my throat, "You don't look so bad, youreself, beautiful." She shoots me back a look that tells me I'm in for quite a night, but I already knew that. You don't end up a the door of a woman who kicks men's asses for a living with her dressed like that and think for a goddamned second that you're going to be bored. I scan myself, arms crooked, and pat my chest as if scaring some dust out of it. "Figured this was a nicer breed'a joint, so I threw on my old detective's suit. S'the only thing I've got that comes close to 'formal wear'." I laugh a bit, mostly to myself, nostalgia overtaking me momentarily. "Me an' these clothes got a lot of history." My hand finds the pocket of my trenchcoat and grips something hard inside. I'd forgotten my badge was still in here. My smile fades for a moment, and I breathe slow and steady, my gaze lost.

Stellar brings me back. "Hey! Hey! You in there?"

"Yeah...", I come back, snapping out of it. "Sorry", I grin at her. "Somethin' about that outfit, I don't know what it is, I just can't take my eyes off it."

Ptesan-Wi was missing Wakinyan.

Not that this was unusual, mind you. Hardly an hour had gone by in the past month during which Ptesan-Wi did not miss her husband in some way. The deep rumble of his voice that had sent shivers up her spine. The warmth of laying nestled against him on cool nights. The tenderness that belied the beastial form when his eyes looked deep into her own.

But right now, Ptesan-Wi was missing Wakinyan for something else.

Head winds… flying into Chicago from the west, and I hit head winds… if you had been here, mihinga ki, that wouldn’t have been an issue.

Knowing that she was late, the Lakota woman opted for a closer landing than she had hoped, only a few doors up Clark from the club itself. Crowds of paparazzi had encircled her even before bent wood and hide had touched the sizewalk.

Ptesan-Wi tryed her best to ignore the flashbulbs, the shouts of "Ptesan-Wi!", the microphones shoved at her – and the terrible din of clamoring minds – as she picked up the “snowshoe” and strapped it to her back, straightening her best homemade leather tunic and making certain that the feathers were straight in her braids. But as she bowed her head for a moment, one tactless vulture shouted, “Are you praying an Indian prayer?”

As her head came back up, so did a soft white aura, and glowing blue eyes locked with his wide and brown own. “I was praying that you would leave. Now move aside.” The dumbstruck news hound soundlessly stumbled out of her way, and a path cleared to the door; Ptesan-Wi, the White Buffalo Calf Woman, entered Club Babylon.

Unoticed in the sky Cosmic has been watching the Nova's who have entered Club Babylon. He reconized a few by sight and some others from his discussions on the Opnet. "Better not put this off any longer", he says to himself as he desends down to the street.

The press surronding the club is quick to focus their camera's on yet another Nova presence at the club. He waves to the crowd and smiles at al the camera's as he apporaches the enterance, nervous and anxious at being here.

He has no trouble with the security as his nebula colored body clearly defined his status as a Nova. Once inside he scans the room looking for Tessio whom he had seen come in earlier.

Stellar gave a almost shy smile as Machina looked her over, the blonde nova lifting an arm to grasp the top of the door as she lounged against it for a moment. Stellar had to admit that his reaction was flattering and it felt good to be found so beautiful from such an honest reaction. There were always the looks and calls and such from the fans, the drunk and half drunk men.. the adolescent boys who were not sure why they liked looking at her so much and so on, but this was more.. clean and honest.

She stepped through the doorway and closed it behind her with a soft –click- as the door locked.

“So.. How do we do this?” she asked as she stepped close. “You are a teleporter then?” she further inquired, stepping to his side just a bit and slipping her right hand into his coat and around the back of his waist as the left rested on his other hip, making sure to be close to minimize the effort to teleport them both.. and having a bit of fun with him at the same time.

“Shall we then?”

Theatrics were not needed for who appeared next out of the crowd. A midnight blue cheongsam with a golden phoenix and silver dragon circling one another hugged the ample curves of the newcomer. A high neck collar rose around her throat but opened in the center to dip dangerously into cleavage that would give the hostess herself a run for her money. Delicious light blue skin was revealed along slits of the formal Chinese dress showing just how long the legs were beneath. Black hair sticks held the long dark blue hair in place atop her head, but errant locks spilled haphazardly in cascade of luscious curls. Despite the beautiful hair one could not miss the obsidian black horns that rose just behind her hairline and she made no attempt at all to hide.

Eris had arrived and it was hard to resist not turning to give her the attention she seemed to subconsciously demand from all attending. She fell in line behind the little Indian girl with a happy smile that flashed perfect white teeth and gave some the distinct feeling they were about to be eaten but it was the absolutely best way to go out. Sauntering was not even the word that could define her ascent of the steps of Babylon. Every step and sway of the hips was a standing ovation performance a memory that man and woman alike who watched her backside would long remember. As she closed the remaining distance to the door one last step was all that remained of her breathtaking entry.

However as fate and high heels would have it (oddly enough) it was not meant to be. Forward she fell, crashing forward toward the deadman bouncer and the little Lakota beauty as she toppled. Her purse going one direction as she careened forward making a cute yet pathetic squawk as she went.

[Mega appearance 4, Mega charisma 3, Mega Manip 2, Enhancements active; First Impression, Center of Attention. Merit; Sexy]

Archived