Aberrant: The Long March - Table Talk: The Long March

Mr Fox

Hey all...I see that I am due to post and have a PM from Fox about the situation...but...Thursdays is my day to work one job and then another and Im pretty booked up starting in 3.5 minutes! So please be patient if you will and dont NPC me...I will be getting to it tonight around 10 PM PST...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omar has Strength 5, Mega-Strength 1 when in his normal forms. He can lift 1000 Kg without rolling. He would probably need to make a Might roll. +20% for each success on a Might roll. Knocking it over is probably easier than lifting it...especially with Irresistable Force.

I don't remember what I-Force does inside combat, but out of combat it adds you Q to your Mega-Strength for things of brute force like walking through walls (and doesn't help for lifting it).

At a guess, Mega-Strength 2+ is enough to push around (i.e. knock over) a van.

Pg 101 in APG

Quote:
This enhancement doesn't make it harder for the nova to attack--instead, it makes it harder for others to stay standing if she hits them. Each point of Quantum spent adds +2 to the difficulty of any opponent's roll to resist knockback or knockdown when struck by the nova. This enhancement remains in effect for one scene. Outside combat, spend one quantum point to add the nova's Quantum rating to Mega-Strength for one scene for feats of sheer brute force: walking through walls, shoving tanks over and the like. The added Quantum rating also applies to efforts to resist Immobilize and other powers that try to physically fix the nova in place.

This is a combat situation, so it would be up to the ST on whether it applies. If the Quantum ratng is added to Omar's M-Str., his Mega-Str. is 2 for such feats.

it is an odd enhancement, with the vast differential in strength...I think it is supposed to simulate "the unstoppable jugernaut" effect. I actually kinda like how it makes a low mega-str character able to pull off some crazy stuff...

Oh and btw...sorry for inadvertantly bringing the house down around our heads...good thing weve got Morgan!

Unfortunately, the neighbors are going to see Omar bullrush the van, overturning it. He will then tear it open like a cardboard box removing the occupant, before there is time to retreat. It will make for some interestng headlines the next day. smile

Originally Posted By: Ziggurat
Unfortunately, the neighbors are going to see Omar bullrush the van, overturning it. He will then tear it open like a cardboard box removing the occupant, before there is time to retreat. It will make for some interestng headlines the next day. smile
Maybe. When people see something that's 'impossible', especially when there are other explainations, without pictures it's unclear what if anything gets reported.

Big explosion, over turned car. Obviously these are connected, and the witness is wrong, or drunk, or in shock and experiencing something odd. Or... the car was damaged during the explosion and tipped over later. Or... someone doesn't want to make everyone think that he's using drugs so he doesn't step forward.

Another consideration is what we should do with these guys. Courier's is probably mortally wounded, but he could live with some healing. I have no idea how close Cody's was to the explosion, but he might just be KO'ed. Omar is doing bashing damage.

Originally Posted By: SkyLion
Also, that was acool maneuver Courier...it played out in my mind in a very "anime" fashion...very cinematic!
Thank you... but I think you did a better job yourself there. Preventing ambush is *huge*, it would have been a real mess if we'd walked into that, and we did kind of leave ourself open to it.

Courier's is messily dead. The guy with the rocket launcher doesn't have a scratch on him, but his mind is fried. The driver is the only one that you have to worry about, but I think Omar is taking care of that unless he chooses to leave him alive.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Courier's is messily dead.
Always a risk when shooting someone in the head with a heavy handgun. wink

...OK, that narrows the options. Murders has been done the police are on their way, it'd be nice if they didn't know enough to connect the guys who won many millions to this.

Of course on the other hand, with our fake ids it might not matter if we leave the state.

The scene has moved on but I would say that it might be good for Cody to interrogate the guy he knocked out...If for no other reason than to determine who else knows about us or may be after us. Wiping his mind when we are done is a simple (albeit painful) procedure... >;o)

Well, the guy suffered some brain damage from the blast, plus some physical damage from the van getting overturned. He's not going to be able to answer many questions. Morgan can heal the physical and even brain damage, but the parts of his memory and personality that were lost from the damage are gone.

If you go beyond bashing damage it turns to lethal.

Hmm... I just looked at the numbers again and you were one shy of doing lethal damage so you just knocked him out.

You got 7 successes on 9 dice. 3 successes from rolling a 10 on your mega-die. It was a pretty impressive blast.

Ok, here is a list of stuff you could get with 165mil.

1 million silver eagle coins = 14.25 million dollars

200,000 gold eagle coins = 130 million dollars

1 million copper coins = 40,000 dollars (you'd have to buy old pennies from coin collectors or foreign coins since they haven't been made of copper in a while.

Entire chests full of Lab Created emeralds, rubies and sapphires which look better than the real thing but have identical physical properties.

And a few small bags of natural gems.

If you are going backwards in time the lab created stones would be ideal since no one there would be able to tell them from the real thing since they have the same properties.

If you are staying in modern times, I'd go with real gems or some Platinum instead.

What about purchasing gold bullion? A Swedish Riksbank comes in 12.5 kg bars. Also, the Swiss banks mint gold in weights of 1kg. Ther are also 10 Oz gold bars as well. Gold currently trades at $635.00/Oz. There are also 1 and 10 OZ palladium bars for purchase. The price for Palladium $345.00/Oz. Platinum, which can be purchased in 10 OZ bullion, runs $1,165.00/Oz. 1 Oz Platinum American Eagles are worth $100.00 each, unless melted down.

Current prices being offered for gold by buyers:

Gold bar - 32.15 Troy ounces {1 kilogram}/32.15 Oz = $19,700.70

One Swedish Riksbank would cost around $250,000.00

OK, so I'm bored

Ideally what we really need is a mix of stuff, including outfitting a machine shop (or getting materials for the one we have), weapons & ammo (including perhaps some heavy stuff), body armor, etc.

No, check that. What we really need is to figure out what we want to do. Without a plan, what we'll end up doing is converting it into gold and then have to convert it back into money. The money works pretty well as it is as long as we stay on this timeline or close to it.

Note also that for some of these plans, 165M isn't a big number... which is an argument for doing it again, although we might want to convert some of it first.

Let's devide the money in 3. Take 50 million and convert it into various other forms. Gold, Gems (artifical ones), Silver, Platinum, etc. I suspect this will mostly end up sitting there, but its cheap insurance.

Take another 50 million and outfit us as much as we can. Food, Hydroponics, Weapons, Armor, Machine Shop stuff, etc.

Take the other 65 Million and leave it as cash. Granted, if we need to spend it we have to come back here, but that's not a bad thing as we know this reality pretty well.

What about highly paid servants? Someone to work the hydroponics, cook the food, work the machine shops, etc.. I am sure we can find lots of people who would love to work for time-travelling gods, for gobs of money. Labor is something we can invest some of our money in as well.

Worrying about betrayal by employees is a concern. And we can always erase their memory when we are done. The "Where did I get all this money from?" kind of thing.

I think we need to find out what the ship can and can't do. In theory it could have a crew of zero... which implies a high level of automation. Further, we need to find out what the ship considers state of the art medical science, mechanical science, and history.

Does the ship have a cure for taint or know of one?

Does the ship have an idea for what will happen to humanity over the next 100K years?

Does the ship know of aliens and their level of hostility and technology if any.

What does the ship know of novas in general?

Does the ship know enough about it's own tech base to build another one like it?

Our goals (proposed).

1) Find a cure for taint.

2) Find the destiny for humanity and see if we should do anything about it.

3) Find out if any "sucker punches" are comming for humanity (invastion by aliens, technology that destroys us, etc).

The machine shop is an excellent suggestion. Being able to make things is almost as useful as nova powers. The proposal to split up the money in three also sounds good.

The questions are interesting, and the goals are very nice.

This should be very interesting indeed.

Just be sure that you actually post your characters asking the questions and state your intentions in the chapter thread so that I can update what occurs and answer them. wink

So the only person who could be awake... is asleep getting back juice. Time to set the clock forward I think.

Hmm... I'd like to have Steve prepare a big breakfast for everyone... but I'm not sure what the appropriate ability is. Well, he'll try his best anyway.

Actually, you guys never picked up any supplies. You only arranged for them to be ready for pickup. Only food you have on board would be the final dregs of what you had on you.

There are plenty of buffets open for breakfast in Vegas though. You have to pick up all the stuff you arranged to buy yesterday afternoon anyway.

Archived