Aberrant: The Long March - Table Talk: The Long March

Mr Fox

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omar just took 7 levels of bashing, and he has a 21 soak...what are you complaining about. wink

Multiple action, Omar will use Regeneration to heal 5 Bashing HL, then he will punch the injured one, spending a point of Willpower for an automatic success.

Ok, check out the rules on Elemental Mastery. Isabel can create one sphere of light per round. Which means you can hit two of the 4 bad guys before anyone else acts. That's not really a problem since one of the 4 will be dead as soon as Omar smashes the life out of him.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Carter - techie and goto info guy. (Some mega-int)

Marcus - Body morph (electricity), Elemental Mastry (Electricity), former pro-golfer.

Omar - Sizemorph, big former olympic wrestler.

Isabel - Invisibility, Elemental mastry (Light), artist supreme.

Morgan - (NPC) Warp, Healing, former military, retired.

Currently we have no one with mental powers at all. Pretty much, the only thing we don't need is a fighter oriented character. Anything else is welcome.
Sounds like what you need is a super normal, Investigative Prodigy. Assuming super normal is the way to go, then Taint 0, Q1 lets you pass for baseline at a glance, right? At least if you don't have Mega-App?

The combat was the end of Chapter 1. I will send each of you exp in PMs, and you can let me know what you want to spend it on.

Ok, Are you guys still planning to search out the moon next? If so do a search on Saturn's moons and let me know which one/ones you are going to go explore. It is defininitely one of the five largest. That's all you know for sure.

Almost forgot. Once everyone regroups back inside Morgan heals anyone injured of 4 lethal levels of damage. When he does this his hands begin to glow and don't stop. After a while he gets annoyed with it and goes to buy a pair of gloves. Anyone else that wants to go withdraw cash from the bank or do any shopping should do so when he goes.

Anything you want to pick up for your space exploration trip? etc...

Oh, given that its the weekend, I will wait till Monday before posting the beginning of Ch. 2.

What I would like from you guys first is a list of everything you want to take with you on your space exploration. Also, what order do you plan to explore the moons?

Hey Everyone!

So...um...Fox kinda sprung me in before I was totally ready...still some chargen bugs to work out and such, so please be patient with me!

Yay! Im excited!

PS...where can I get one of those nifty custom avatars? The choices in the generic generator dont leave me with much...

Forgot to mention...Cody appears a bit older than Courier, around 30, and where steve is handsome, Cody is exotic (App 4). Nothing in the range of Mega-App but good for a baseline. Also decided to change his hairstyle at the last minute...small details I know, but first impressions count!

Okay...that was crap-tacular...last night i had this great post, and then the whole NPrim was down.

Today when I get up to find the servers back, others had asked the same questions I had...DAMNIT!

*sigh*...

anyways...you will find Codys post up now, immediatly after the ship asks us for instructions...sorry for the overlap, but I really wa the first to start posting and then the whole crash happend...ARG!

funny though courier...you thought to ask the same thing I did...Courier and I seem to be afflicted with the great minds thing alike syndrome...trippy...

Hey guys, just so that all of you are aware. If you have spent points in background stuff like resources, contacts, etc that don't mean much when you suddenly lose the planet where those things existed... <lol>

The way I will work that is, things like resources will come very easily to you up to the point where you have dots in the background. It won't take much effort for you to re-accumulate that level. It's kinda like they way the game says that Novas can always make lots of money just by being a nova, but without the dots that money just slips through their fingers and they can never count on it being there when they need it. Well the opposite is true with the dots in this situation, if you have 5 dots in resources, you can always count on the money being there when you need it, even if the temporary situation is such that you don't actually have the money on hand. Something will happen that allows you to access the money, ie, an investment banker will step in and offer to float you a loan in return for public appearance with him at social gatherings, or Nike will ask you to be their new spokesman, or something like that. As for contacts and stuff, as long as you stay in the same time frame, those people will probably still exist though it may take a little effort to reaquaint yourselves to them, otherwise there will be someone out there equivalent to the contacts you lost, and they will come easily with a little rp.

BTW, I hope you guys like where this is going. Some players like really structured games where the plot pushes them along and forces them into different situations, but most of the players in the games I've run have always liked how open ended my games are. Unless there is a big plot device that needs to happen I generally let the players determine the direction of the game, and create stories and plotlines around that. With an overall metaplot going on of course; the mystery of the Watchers in this case. Otherwise, where you guys take the game is completley up to where you decide to go. I have different story ideas for several of the possible directions I can forsee you taking. On the other hand, you may decide to go somewhere I haven't imagined, in which case I'll come up with more stories. wink

I am now glad that I had Omar pick up all that cash at the beginning.

Carter, you have forgotten about The Aberrant War. It is probable, that Carter's assets would have been frozen/seized before 2125, which is the earliest we can go back to Alpha Earth. Sorry Carter, but it looks like you are most likely SOL.

1) That assumes that we come from the world where the abberant war takes place

2) Carter was not a public nova, in fact he did his best to keep to himself and stay out of the way of others novas in general. If the bank records survive (diversification is key) he'll still be rich.

3) That assumes we ever go back there anyways.

Meet the characters would be helpful. I was actually just about to ask myself if everyone would please describe themselves better...I felt the introductions were a little rushed for the sake of getting us noobs involved, and Id like to know who i am talking with, what they look like etc.

We usually just make it in Dossier format. Some of what gets posted will be known to the others. Some information will merely be background to entertain the players. I was requesting actual physical descriptions of what are characters look and act like, but I prefer actual getting to know you stuff to happen IC.

Powers etc, can be listed in the dossier though often players dont reveal everything. Mostly its a matter of preference. Some people actually list powers, while others like myself tend to speak in terms of game effects and abilities rather than break the fourth wall and say "quantum bolt" for example...

Steve doesn't actually have the Gamboling skill so he probably gets a +1 diff for it. But that doesn't really matter since can use Mega-Int to compensate, and Luck is just a blast of a power in this situation.

Since Luck is rolled per scene, if his luck is good (say +2 or +3 succ) then he can figure that out and then count on it for the scene, presumably making many many actions with it.

This is in addition to useing Lie Detector to see if someone is bluffing (brutal in many games), and possibly even the enhanced senses to see flaws in cards and learn what's coming (maybe Prodigy: Investigation would help there?)

Yikes. You'd be totally nasty in Vegas. There would be some people seriously in hurt in their back pockets.

Course it would take a day to scan the net for lotto numbers and then jump to just before the drawing, but that would get lots of money very quickly. It would also put the winner under a good deal of scrutiny, so don't have someone with visible aberrations win, or there might be government types looking for a disection candidate.

You could also go beat up on a drug lord in comlumbia and take his blood money away from him.

Mine an asteriod for platinum or other rare elements.

Use warp to hop inside the vault at fort knox, or the federal reserve grab and jump out.

The possiblilities are endless.

Archived