Aberrant: Phoenix Rising - Table Talk: Phoenix Rising

jameson (ST)

OK I'll NPC Buzz for now, I just wanted to check with you all first.

Jimmy according to the sheet you sent me you have the EM Scan enhancement which basically allows for tuning up and down the EM Spectrum around the Visible light range. There is a separate power which allows for Microwave, X-ray, gamma ray and so on (which are at the extreme ends of the EM Spectrum)

If your sheet is wrong as to which power you have I apologize. I'm 99% certain that I have the powers correct in my head as well but there is margin for error laugh I'll also double check when I get home tonight.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys, I really don't know what happened. I've been checking the website every day (multiple times actually) but there was no updates. I had no idea that the website had changed. My latest post took advantage of a flaw that Buzz has, Flashbacks, hopefully that will make up for lost time. When did the website change?

Originally Posted By: Buzzkill
Um...yeah you just basically created the classic sitcom 'awkward moment'. I'll start calling you Kramer from now on I think. On that note I'll see what the Canucks say before I do anything else.
You can, all it will do is confuse Adam, since he won't have a clue what you're talking about. smile

Updated for Buzz and Adam, Unless the rest of you decide to do somethign different or are interrupted by Buzz and Adam I will leave it to you for the time being. There's not much need of me to detail sleeping and detailed engineeing work.

Jimmy are you out there? Just say somethign so that I know you are still playing.

Don't worry about it, it hasn;t been much of an issue yet.

Moving forward if you think you won't be able to keep up with the post-a-day pace try to include in your posts what Jimmy will do next/moving forward a bit more. It will help me to keep Jimmy in the action on those days that you are unable to post.

As for weekends don't worry about that at all, I'm starting a house hunt soon so my weekend time will be reduced, add to that the holidays, and my other gaming and social commitments and weekend will continue to "down time", the best I can hope for it to post on Sunday evenings if the need is there.

Just so you all know I will be out of town and away from my PC for the whole week of Thanksgiving (Nov 18-25/26) with limited internet access, I will post when I can that week but don't be suprised if it is a quiet week, I'll be back in full force the following week however.

Just to be clear (for myself as much as for you guys)

Raider - dismantling the engine, I'm assuming you are basically "taking 20" i.e. being careful and methodical so as not to require a roll, if you are doing a full on rush job let me know and I will make a roll

Jimmy - Helping Raider???

Courier - hanging out at the garage - sleeping?

Gregory - taking a nap at the garage

Adam - ruining Buzz's day (j/k), at the Council Building

Buzz - lamenting the sudden turn of events at the diplomatic table

Jimmy and Raider can expect to take pretty much the rest of the afternoon/evening with the engine if they take their time.

Courier and Gregory, let me know if you want to do anything in the mean time otherwise I will consider you at full rest (either asleep of just hanging out).

Buzz and Adam, once you guys are set I will fast forward to the evening and get the group back together.

Not much for Buzz to do. As far as he knew, whatever they did take out of that cockpit he pretty much convinced himself it was a recording, not any actual equipment. Obviously he didn't know about the engine until this little present he just got. So once the council starts demanding answers he'll go from there.

not really, I'm trying to keep the two groups of PCs running at the same rate of time to avoid problems with Courier's link. As a result while I could easily skip past the stuff in the garage and sum it up you guys have to wait while Buzz and the others RP their interactions with the frenchies. Sorry.

Edit:

IN regards to the engine dissassembly you did state that you were taking detailed measurements and creating part drawings and assmeblies so that you could replicate it when/if you got the chance. This is part of my RL job so believe me even a nova level intellect will take many hours to complete this task, especially on an object so complex.

Would it be hlepful to the group if I post a "virtual timestamp" on my posts so that when the group is apart you know what kind of time passage there is?

OK, Buzz is one to negotiate, hopefully we'll be able to. We need some give and take here though. Buzz is using Natural Agitator now with a Willpower point to try and get them to listen to reason and come back to the negotiation table.

My goals:

1. Prevent a war

2. Get some cooperation so we can find out what happened and who that squidy Nova was

3. Give back the engine, but maybe get some future cooperation between us regarding the craft and future projects maybe

Can you use the link to show what we saw at the crash site?

Simple answer: yes you can send images, sounds, smells etc through a mental/telepathic link.

More complex: Just like with Telepathy you can commmunicate any number of senses across the mental link but much like telepathy (or speech) you can transmit false sensory data as well.

Basically you can lie with telepathy smile

Looks like I better stop using the aberrant dice I have.

I broke Buzz's speach into two rolls, one for the apology and one for the plea to remain rational and work with you guys.

He nearly botched the first, netting 0 successes but proceeded to pull a Perry Mason and score a total of 10 successes (gross not net) on his subsequent speech.

I'll try and locate my Trinity and Vampire dice maybe they will hate you guys less laugh

Archived