Aberrant: Phoenix Rising - Table Talk: Phoenix Rising

jameson (ST)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, computer has been down for the last couple days getting rebuilt. I'm back at work, so I should be getting caught up today and tomorrow.

Also, they've shifted my schedule around and are making me come into work at 4:30 am every morning. It's really hard to go to bed at 7:00pm when it's still light outside... consequently I've been awfully tired the last few days and not so much in a posting mood. Sorry. Will be getting caught up asap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

birthday

Phoenix Rising Turns 3 years old today. The opening post of Chapter 1: The Delicate Sound of Thunder went up on Oct 1, 2006.

It's not in my usual character to give out awards for OOC achievements but in this case I'd like to as this is the oldest continually running campaign game on the site.

Take 30 Exp (yes I'm serious) AND you may each PM me a question about the plot which I will answer truthfully with the understanding that you keep it secret.

birthday

Yes indeed, and thank you all for allowing this story to unfold. I can see the finish line but I still don't know where you all are going to steer the story so the end could be near or quite a ways away.

Fox, I wouldn't try to out-think this too much, I've intentionally left a lot unexplained (to give you all room to explore), so I doubt that there is a "perfect question", but, from an OOC standpoint, I'm sure that there is some mystery bugging each of you, and this will allow you to get that answer (OOCly at any rate).

Originally Posted By: Courier
Personally I don't want to know now. I'm happy with knowing what Doug knows, even if what he knows is wrong.

Well since I plan to have a sort of reveal all Q&A after the fact you really need not save your question, once all is said and done I'll have no reason to hide things. If you really don't want to ask of course I cannot make you ...

that is correct:

Also, his aberrations are:

Unearly Beauty (not that he is particularly handsome, he is just very obviously healthy, even healthier looking than your average nova), Aberrant Eyes (His eyes are a very pale grey), Aberrant hair (His hair has turned completely white, and is long and flowing)

His eyes and hair are made more obvious by their contrast with the very healthy looking tan that he always has.

Anima banner attached to healing (green glow)

I've been pretty relaxed regarding people depicting thier aberrations as well and in dealing with mostly other novas it minimizes their impact.

As an aside and a note. On Oct 29 I go under the knife for what is supposed to be a minor surgery. I'll be scrambling at work the rest of this month to wrap things up prior to that so while I will always give this game 1st priority my posting may still not be spot on for timing. I'm honestly not sure how long I will be out between recovery and then trying to get back to work afterwards so I just ask that you all bear with me until I am back.

Btw the way, Joani, hope you know there was nothing personal in Raider's recent speech. The character was just being less than compassionate to Anna's feelings, just trying to represent his impatience to 'accomplish' something. He's feeling frustrated by lack of info and doesn't know where to find what he needs.

Hey guys.

I considered forcing this scene forward without Joani, but I don;t think that would be a good idea, especially since the current scene has potential for serious payoff depending on how things work out between you all. Further note being that starting next week I'll be away as I mentioned. When I return in mid Nov I'll definitely push to get things moving again, even if it requires pushing past this scene.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mew...had a real dry spot for the past week, creatively.

At this point, Ash still wants to investigate the 'taint bomb,' but OOC I'm starting to question the motives. At this point it's starting to matter less why it happened. It seems more important to focus on what to do now.

The only important issue to investigate really is 'was this done as an act of aggression.' Once we can verify that it was, or wasn't, the result of a weapon, then the next course of action becomes clearer.

I'm just not sure where to go from here in the investigation. Ideas?

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
At this point, Ash still wants to investigate the 'taint bomb,' but OOC I'm starting to question the motives. At this point it's starting to matter less why it happened. It seems more important to focus on what to do now.

The only important issue to investigate really is 'was this done as an act of aggression.' Once we can verify that it was, or wasn't, the result of a weapon, then the next course of action becomes clearer.

Max hit the nail on the head here, or at least as I had intended it originally. In my head the "taint bomb" was intended to spur you into action. T.B.H. you all have gone further in trying to find out what happened than I anticipated, as a result I feel that I need to provide that to you guys, somehow, so that the characters can move beyond it.

Originally Posted By: Courier
I'm hoping the artist did some looking into this.

Yeah, not sure how much use a painter will be but I have an idea or two that might point you guys in the direction I need you to go.

Apologies for the slight derailment, when I came up with this plot point I hadn't intended it to take on as much focus as it has, however I've been doing my best to "course correct" since then. I count this as an advantage to having a lot of built in freedom in the overall plot of this game.

I will try to update tonight and likely Anna and Gregory will be left behind (as they both seem to be AKF due to RL issues).

Archived