Aberrant: Nova Reality - Any Novas in the Midwest?

Interceptor

Jag, I am doing that because the work here at this moment is a bit scarce. And I think it´s a job that meets my standards about helping other people.

I am a professional, I am not joking here. Or applying to get kicks out of this.

Excuse me, Totem, but thinks before putting all your future in jeopardy. I know you have problems controlling your emotions. But that´s a sure way to get you killed really fast against an experienced nova like Ronin.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Originally posted by Totem:
Alright then if you want to take it to that level then fine. It will be either you or I then.
No, it won't. I'm not "coming for you", Totem. I don't want to kill you, any more than I want you to kill me, I promise.
I am trying to work things out with you. Nothing says we have to like each other, but I think we owe to all of the people who care about us to try and find a way to peaceably coexist.

Quote:
Originally posted by Codex:
Why can't you let well enough alone?
For reasons I'm not willing at this time to divulge. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
If you oppose Interceptor's plan, give some concrete reasons for why it is a bad idea.
I think it's a bad idea on Interceptor's part to openly recruit wanted felons, Teragen spokespeople and nova supremacists. I think that it's begging for trouble on bended knee.
I also oppose the overall agenda of nova servitude, and I see a plan like this as furthering dominion of or dominion over novas, neither of which is desireable.

Alright, Jager, I've been curious, anyway. Why you?

Quote:
Originally posted by Interceptor:
I'm trying to put together a group of Novas who want to help people when they can, not become slaves or lords for that matter.
The problem I see, Interceptor, is that might not be in your hands.

Nova servitude?

See Ronin this is why I sure would like you to shut the hell up. Even if C.G. and Mafdet are serious about their recent public service this is something they CHOSE to do. They aren't slaves, no one came to them and told them they had to join. (Well maybe Troll did in secret) They are choosing to be a hero and you are choosing to oppose them. Most likely once again to stroke that massive Ego of yours no doubt. Just leave them alone and forget your brotherhood of evil assholes okay?

"The problem I see, Interceptor, is that might not be in your hands."

Does that mean it's in your hands? Are you then the savior of the world, preventing Novas from enslaving the world or becoming enslaved by it? You're going to singlehandedly make sure Novas and Baselines interact as you see fit? And if they do and you disapprove, then you step in, is that it?

Who appointed you the keeper of my conscience? Bottom line is Ronin, I'm not here to meet your approval, nor are the things I do geared toward meeting them. If you feel the need to try and thwart Novas who have chosen to help people that can use their help, then yes Ronin, you are a villain, or will be. If you set yourself up to stop us, assuming we get this together, then consider yourself a problem that needs to be solved.

I don't want that to happen. I don't want to fight. In all honesty, I'm probably not too good at it. I want to help people, I believe it is why I have the powers and gifts that I do. If helping others though must bring me into conflict...so be it.

I'll post the responses I have so far in a little bit.

Quote:
Originally posted by Interceptor:
Does that mean it's in your hands?
Way to put words in my mouth, Interceptor.

No, I do not think that the matter is necessarily in my hands, either. I'm potentially in a better position to influence the issue, but that's a matter of experience, not power.

What I meant, Interceptor, is that what you are proposing and the way in with you and your benefactors are going about this, there exists the potential for catastrophe on an epic scale, in a dozen different ways. Your execution is so ill that the odds are stacked tremendously against you that if you manage to complete this project without some horrible consequence, I will be thoroughly surprised.

You're courting danger, Interceptor. I'd rather not see anybody hurt.

"Way to put words in my mouth, Interceptor."

Not at all. You may have decided to play the adversary to our little venture here, meaning you might be determined to do something about us. You seem to want to make it an issue, to put it in your hands. If you didn't you'd simply voice your disaproval. As it is, you've determined to start an opposing team it seems, as well as talk others like Endevaor out of this.

As to the second half of what you said, I appreciate it and welcome it. I've said it more than a few times Ronin, I respect your experience and wisdom. And I have thought about the potential consequences, God knows I have. But that doesn't mean I'm content to sit back and do nothing. I can't, I won't. You see a potential for disaster, I see a potential for spectacular success also. I'm willing to take that chance, and it seems others are too.

A wanted felon, Teragen spokesperson, or Nova supremacist, I am not. None of these fit my description. Nor am I in servitude, the first instance that shows, I'm out of there, it's not like they're going to be able to stop me from leaving. The first time good intentions turn "bad" as well I'm out of there. I'm wise enough to know good intentions gone bad. The backlash hasn't gotten to me that badly yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin:
I think it's a bad idea on Interceptor's part to openly recruit wanted felons, Teragen spokespeople and nova supremacists. I think that it's begging for trouble on bended knee.
I also oppose the overall agenda of nova servitude, and I see a plan like this as furthering dominion of or dominion over novas, neither of which is desireable.

Alright, Jager, I've been curious, anyway. Why you?
Why did I help Wizard when she asked, ronin?
Sometimes something needs to be done, someone asks for it to be done, and I think I can help do it.
Hell, I have never even met Interceptor.

Also, do you really think I am letting anyone put a yoke on me? Or, for that matter, I am stepping up to put the yoke on anyone else?

Interceptor, there is a difference betwen wanting to do good because you can and you're at the right place and at the right time, than doing it for publicity or worse yet, some sort of agenda.

Not to say you have an agenda or not, I'm just saying there are just things about this now that didn't look as good as they did when you first proposed this idea to me.

There is too much potential for a Utopia v2.0 here. Or a major disaster that Utopia v1.0 would have to clean up.

Either way, Baselines or Novas get the black eye. Perhaps even both.

Ever figured what would happen if this went wrong?

So a Utopia based from Novas instead of Humans would be unacceptable? They wouldnt get it right any better than Utopia already has? I still see Utopia doing more harm than good and I don't hate them as some do. I just don't understand why a group of Novas shouldn't try it for themselves.

Sorry for the delay, here is the list of Novas so far that seem interested in this project, and have shown me so by responding to my PM.

Bandwidth

Black Star

Jager

If you're interested, and I've sent you a PM, please let me know. If you're interested and I haven't sent you a PM, also let me know.

For fuck's sake, people - this isn't anything special. It's a group of novas getting paid to help a human populace. That's all. We've been doing this on a smaller scale with civic defenders since day one and on a larger scale with national nova groups for nearly as long.

"Because I support nova independence and do not agree with the idea that novas are the caretakers and benefactors of humanity, something that such a group would seek to not just undermine, but drag forth to a whole new level."

Bullshit. 'Drag forth to a whole new level?' What exactly are you referring to? Is this a larger issue than, say, the Heavenly Mandate in China? Or maybe that one organization we've been hearing so much about - Team Tomorrow? If 'nova servitude' gives you such a problem, why don't you go and declare yourself the dramatic foil of T2M Central, instead of harassing Interceptor and company?

Nothing has really been set yet Epicenter. As far as a team uniform is concerned, it hasn't been mentioned by the potential backers (the city planners as well as some corporate sponsors). I would imagine a bit of sponsorship would be requested by the funders, but at the moment I can only speculate.

I was informed that what team does get formed will be able to negotiate such things as licensing and private control of your image, if that helps answer the question. I know I spent a decent amount of my small business loan on the Eufiber suit I wear, so if I had to change it significantly, I'd definitely want to be compensated. It's an important detail that I'm sure would have to be discussed once we start finalizing the deal. I would think that the main thing that might happen is we'd allow for a certain detail to be added to whatever we are wearing. If we're involved in emergency services, we would probably need something rather visible to display our credentials and status. It just helps things go smoother I imagine, like the way police officers, firemen, and paramedics are easily identified.

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackStar:
Interceptor, if you have an eufiber suit you would not need any other clothes. The only reservation I would have with uniforms is about the colors. I don´t like garish or gaudy ones.
Actually that's a common misconception. I thought the same thing when I contacted an image consultant for my suit. The Eufiber responds to specific programs and software that can be integrated into the suit, and when it bonds to a Nova, it also responds to the Nova's Quantum signature, so it doesn't get destroyed by the powers he might have. While the patterns and colors on a costume can change, possibly texture and cut also, they need to be programmed to change by a chip or something (which was a lot more expensive). Other than that, the idea of a Eufiber costume or clothing changing at the command of the Nova owner really has to do more with that Nova's powers, at least that's what the designer told me. A lot of people saw some fashion models changing their clothes, and doing weird things with their costumes (making tentacles and such) and everyone assumed that all Noavs can do it. I haven't been able to so far I know that much, and I wear it a lot.

As far as not needing other clothes, well even if it could do everything you said it could, I'd probably want to wear somehing else now and then, especially for laundering purposes. shocked

Interceptor I haven't heard back from you regarding the food. I will work cheap. If chicago can foot my dining and maybe a nice flat downtown I am good to go. I know I am not really "known" around here and don't have a agent to negotiate all this out with but I hope I can pull my weight. Let me know.

Considdering I'm a little short on direction at the moment, I think I will come by to see what this project is all about. Intercepter, perhaps you might explain things a little better here. Are you trying to make a new Utopia-style organization to better humanity, or are you putting together a government backed super-police unit?

Oh, and I wish Continuum Girl and Mafdet the absolute best of luck. I truly hope they're accepted so they can make their mark on the world of 'superheros'.

Epicenter, you can head over whenever you'd like, at the very least it'd be a nice drive, and a chance to check out the town. Another Nova could also help speed the deal along, get it it off the drawing board so to speak.

Tangent, I don't have a better answer for you unfortunately. The main things offered were high salaries, and control over your image and likeness. With that kind of deal you could probably pursue sponsorship from a restaurant chain. Also, since nothing has truly been negotiated yet, an arrangement like you're thinking of could be worked into the contract. Such as having a caterer or cook on staff. I do have an agent working for me, and that could possibly help out, she's trying to get the best deal possible.

Alchemist, great to hear from you. I'm actually not trying to do either, or at least I don't think they will as far as either suggestion. I was approached by the city planning staff of Chicago after I got licensed and endorsed by them to help out their emergency services teams. Mainly for rescues and such. Afterwards they told me thier idea of forming a Nova team that would help protect the city of Chicago, and the surrounding areas, but also into Indiana, Wisconsin, small parts of Michigan, and over Lake Michigan itself. A lot of space, and tough for one Nova to take care of.

Now would this be another T2M? I doubt it. T2M is a world spanning organization, and has far more funding and backing. T2M also doesn't get a lot of leeway in the US, especially the Midwest. The US doesn't appreciate them so much I suppose. But some of the things offered were R&D facilities and a budget, to accomidate the super genius Novas that might apply. Also, access to weapons and vehicles that are used in rescues and emergency situations.

Would we be 'super police'? Maybe. I had to get licensed and endorsed by the city and state in order to perform rescues and be reasonably secure from lawsuits. If we were to actually be involved in arresting and apprehending individuals (as well as providing emergency services) that their state and local law enforcement officers can't (ie Novas and Baselines with Novatech) then we'd need law enforcement powers, for our own legal safety. They did indicate that they'd want our help in securing peace if there were Nova 'troublemakers'. So would we be police? I'd say we'd be deputized.

Let me send you a PM and give you more of the details.

Archived