Backing Up Your Own Characters With Alts

Ghostwriter

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomas of Minneapolis:
Agreed, but that doesn't mean that Char1 and Char2 won't bump into each other and have opinions like everyone else.
It someone can't conceive of Alt A disliking or disagreeing with Alt B then they should probably consider there's no value is playing both characters at the same time as they're too similar.

Hmm. You have a point. Luckily Digieist and Endeavor don't exactly see eye to eye on numbers of issues. (Not to mention Sakurako despises his smoking habit).

I always have a few things rolling around in my head that either character would be involved in, but only one or the other would be interested.

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomas of Minneapolis:
Luckily Digieist and Endeavor don't exactly see eye to eye on numbers of issues.
Something to consider would be to ask why there need be a personal relationship between two alts at all. There are around 10-15 thousand novas by 2013.

If the only relationship is the player then its often easier to simply stipulate they have no reason to pursue a common ground. To each alt, the other is simply another face in the crowd.

I've found it easiest to run alts that are of strongly enough different character types that they'd never think of speaking, even on the forums.

Vile Bill was a brutish killer and totally below Prodigy's notice.

Lemmy Chillmeister is a hedonistic party fiend and someone who Prodigy has absolutely nothing in common.

Makes it easier on me.

My two PCs here are utterly different.

Codex is an ascetic, intelligent bookworm who really needs to get a life.

Rashima 'Veil' al-Hariti is one of Turkey's best belly-dancers, a woman with traditional Muslim beliefs who just happens to be a walking male sex fantasy.

I have no problem with a person's PCs meeting casually. It's when they start supporting each other that I start having one.

Judgemental? Yeah, perhaps. But I'm going to be honest about what I think and post. I was just trying to alert the person without being rude or insulting. No offence was meant, as I actually think they're a nice person OOC.

Codex

Archived