Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 15: Last Dance [Complete]

Justin OOC

Sakura's father Answered, has golden wings and Armor easily marking him as the Surviving High elder. He looked from His daughter, and her young man to Skye and Lily, and the Lost Egg behind them.

"Perhaps there is yet still hope. We have watched from our last Sanctum as all the worlds were erased, save ours and The Prime world."

He smiled. "You speak to what remains of the High Council, the six of us here. Many of the others are the young, only those we could get within. Many of us fell before Bazaroth's invaders." He gestured, and suddenly everyone was no longer at the core of the world but it's lush verdant surface. There was no trace of Bazaroth's influence, and what few remaining Aradians rushed to meet them. Behind them all was Valerie, Still in her Witchblade form.

"I see that not all Darkness is gone from this world." He looked to Kai. "I can read the mark clearly enough, and rest easy her deeds are known to me. I will not stretch forth my power against any this day."

He raised his hands and clapped, and a grand hall raised and formed around them. "Each of you should rest, and take stock of yourselves, before we continue our discussion. Many of you have depleted your powers, and have others who wait to hear of your fates, though I'm sure they can guess."

I need to discuss with my people what is to happen first, before I can speak with you, and send you on your way."

He spared a look for Sakura and nodded approvingly. "at Sunset, we'll meet here."

With that he turned, leaving those not from Aradia to themselves, taking all the survivors deeper within the hall to a grand room, which was barred and shut fast.

Kai looked to the others. "So, world saved, nobody else died, and all the demons are gone. I guess that's a win, right?"

His tone seemed

Lily nodded tiredly. The victory should feel more like a victory. What they'd done was nothing short of miraculous...but she just felt weary. The real battle was still looming ahead. A battle they didn't even understand the scope of, let alone have a plan for winning.

"Yeah. A win. I need to go freshen up. Get some air. Something."

She turned and started walking away, though she had no idea where she was going, or what she'd do when she got there.

The group was left to their own devices. No one stayed together, each needing to consider what it meant to them that had just happened, what they'd done, and witnessed.

Kyohei summoned Klan who gave him an update on the fleet's readiness report. It seemed that Ruri ha worked her own miracle, repairing all the ships, and reports coming in showed no demonic presence upon the world, save Valerie. The world was clean, and The dimensional readings were holding steady. Whatever had happened had locked Aradia's stability as an anchor point for reality.

More personal of course was that all his Captain-Servants were well, and relieved that he too lived. They had, through the bonds of Master and Servant, experienced what he did, the very rebirth of the world, and all the pain he took upon himself.

The men and Gai were stoic and quiet, proud of their young Master. Klan, in her micronized form, just hugged him, asking him to not be so reckless agian.

After speaking with his men, He spoke with Senbonzakura, who had been pushed to her limits completely by the entire ordeal. Still the two halves of the whole of his soul were swiftly reconciled, and With a lighter heart, he returned to the grand doorway, just as everyone else did. SOme looked more rested than others, some had only questions to be answered.

The doors swung open at the appointed time, and All were admitted. What they saw were the assembled three hundred adult Asrai, the children being tended elsewhere.

Once the door was closed, Sakura's father spoke. "Thank you, brave friends, for what you have done, saving Aradia from destruction. You have questions from us, and by will of this council, I or any one here who knows it , has been given leave to answer your questions. Be aware that within these walls Time has ceased to flow as outside. We could stay here a century, and but a moment would pass outside."

His glittering yellow eyes shone with a holy light. "Ask, and Know, if we can tell."

"Ok, the obvious." Francis said, still tired-looking, and wearing somewhat damaged clothing as his armor was slowly slowly pulling itself back together in a laborious process. He looked like he was inside a scrapheap. "Do you know what's causing dimensions to just disappear?"

He looked around. "Restoring what was, may prove impossible, Princess. However, There might be a way to make things anew. There would be incredible risk involved however, and no guarantee at all of success."

He looked down, "More than that, it may cause you, all of you more suffering."

At this Lily had to chuckle and shake her head ruefully.

"Speaking for myself, I haven't come this far to turn back because things might get worse. I couldn't take the throne of Dalaraan, knowing I'd backed down that easy."

"What do you mean 'make things anew?' And how do we do it?"

"The people with you, and even many of you, come from other worlds, realities that are gone. Triggering a massive warp wave, into to the consolidation cascade, could literally cause it to reverse."

He looked down. "It could serve as a "Big Bang" and restart the multiverse, using all of you as the template. This of course has a 99.999 percent fatality chance for you all though."

"Doing this would restore reality missing perhaps some parts not represented in your people, but far more than it is now. What's more it would show those responsible that the people of the Multiverse have chosen this for themselves."

The Heir of the Empire frowned, then said, "Then...why aren't we DOING that? Why is this even a question? Lets set it up!"

She looks at the others. "It's a risk, so I'll understand if anyone doesn't want to do this. I'm going to."

Then Lily glanced back around to the Elder Angel.

"But...there's more to it, isn't there? The thing that did this could do it again. And you'll understand if I don't think just knowing we don't want it to will stop it. I'm pretty sure no one wanted it to do what it already did. The fundamental forces of the cosmos are out of balance. How do we restore it?"

"Of course." He sighed, looking to one of the older Angels.

The elder, with his flowing white beard and only a single set of wings, nodded. "The Universe is not in balance at all. Order has nearly removed all Chaos from the cosmos, and soon things will be static, locked in a linear progression. It's nearly happened before, but never to such a degree. If not for your actions, and the early locking of Aradia, it would have already occurred."

He smiled. "Still there is hope. You bear her mark, and her power." He looked to Francis, Lily, and Kai. "You've been touched by her, and your souls carry her power. You could call her here if you had to, Chaos herself."

The old angel shrugged. "For whatever reason though, Chaos too has become trapped in the Cosmos, unable to move beyond." He nodded. "Taking her through the consolidation wave, that could be the answer."

If even one of them chose to do this, they would still all perish: the ones of them that were here. Would there be other ones like them? Skye didn’t know and didn’t care. Not existing, not being a whole complete being but instead being pieces of each person, should have scared her. It didn’t. The idea of being at rest appealed to her far more than it should have to a woman of her youth.

“Are the three of you willing to participate in summoning Chaos?” Skye spoke softly and solemnly, facing each person in turn. “I can help you, but the risk will be yours.”

Francis crossed his fingers and paused in thought. In truth, it was one thing to fight in battle, knowing the risks and willingly taking them on. But here, it was explicitly clear that he wouldn't be coming back from this. Aradia was safe though... but for how long?

A great cosmic reboot. That would be something for the memory books, though. "I can't say how I count as being touched... but... if this is the only way... I just hope it works... much less that we can meet again."

Lily hesitates, but only for a moment. The Empire was in good hands, and she wasn't the last of her line. Her little brother and sister, Sasami and Hayato, they would live to carry forward no matter her fate. And live or die, she couldn't live with herself if she walked away from this.

"I'll do it," she replies. "I've known all this could lead to my death all along. Nothing has changed for me."

Kai nodded. "No one will die through this."

Sakura's father shook his head. "You will. You do not have the reserves you need to cast the spell, The only way for you to even come close is to offer your life."

Kai smiled. "True, I have not recovered from that battle. But my Servants, which I am blessed to have many of, Have, and some where never a part of it, and command large reserves." Power seemed to flood into Kyohei, massive amounts of mana, as he called for it from his Servants, the other Satoshi Captains, and even some Lieutenants. "We fight as one, for All."Now let us begin this ritual."

Francis went first, told to Summon his Bankai. He did so and when he did, Nagareboshi took form before them, a Tall, slender woman with black hair and dark eyes. She held a large revolver style weapon, and The Aradian elder nodded. "Princess, the Spell please."

Lily Cast the Ragnablade, and It s power was siphoned into Nagareboshi. Her hair became a brilliant gold, as her eyes did as well, and a large sword was now held in her other hand. "Lord Morisato."

Kai using the reserves garnered from his people cast the Gigaslave again, and there was an explosion of brilliant light, and when they opened their eyes, Nagareboshi stood, now without weapons, but a Goddess of golden power now in their midst."

"I am the Lord of Nightmares." Her voice was deep and husky, a loving purr, and a menacing rumble."

"Finally, you have called me, in a form of Truth, and I answer. Are you all ready to take the step needed to heal everything?"

There was a nod from each of them, and Then they were on the ship.

"Take me, then, beyond all knowing."

the locks around Aradia were shattered as if cheap glass upon granite stones, and she Smiled. The Gaogaigar stood at the tip of the ships bow, Even as the massive Starflame Canon discharged. Absorbing the power, He compressed it, then, allowed it to explode and envelop the ship, and all others in the fleet.

Kai took Lily's hand, as Skye held Kazuo's. "Execute a WarpJump, directly into the Consolidation wave!" Ruri plot a course and in a brilliant flash, The most powerful ships in Satoshi's fleet surged forth as one, Into the wave, and the unknown.......

Archived