• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Originally posted by Revenant:
Quote:
Originally posted by Satyr:
When in Rome, Mate. When in Rome...
My respect for you just went up a point.
Satyr, this is not a character reference you want. Trust me. Having Revenant like you is not a point in your favor.

If this is the same randy faun who caused so much trouble at the Pow Wow last month, I have a more apt question. It won't even require an alteration of the acronym.

What Wouldn't Satyr Do?

Judging by the faces on some of those women, he's capable of quite a lot.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Wakinyan:
Take advantage of a host and his people.
When in Rome, Mate. When in Rome...
So you're still sleeping around? Our conversation didn't change your mind?

Quote:
Originally posted by Carver:
Quote:
My respect for you just went up a point.
Satyr, this is not a character reference you want. Trust me. Having Revenant like you is not a point in your favor.
If you think this, you don't know the first thing about Revenant. He's a mean person, but he's not all bad. Just get to know him, and you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
Originally posted by Carver:
If you think this, you don't know the first thing about Revenant. He's a mean person, but he's not all bad. Just get to know him, and you'll see what I mean.
I do know him, Sylvan. I know him quite well. Well enough to know that he's a slimy jackass, completely unredeemable. He has no heart, no soul and no great desire for either.

You seem like a nice person, Sylvan. Wise up, and stay away from Revenant.

Quote:
Originally posted by Velvet:
If this is the same randy faun who caused so much trouble at the Pow Wow last month, I have a more apt question. It won't even require an alteration of the acronym.

What Wouldn't Satyr Do?

Judging by the faces on some of those women, he's capable of quite a lot.
Thank you for the compliment.

If you're available sometime, I'd love to... compare notes.

You might as well translate the acronym as What Would Satan Do. You are ridden by a demon, Satyr, a servant of the Great Betrayer, and your path ends in an eternity of torment and damnation. Know this, and repent. Seek out the aid of the Church of Michael Archangel, that they may help in driving out the demon. Beg the forgiveness of our Lord Jesus Christ that he may drive the demon from you and you may be forgiven.

Well well, we have a god fearing CoMa nut here, telling one of our own to find "Jesus" in order for him to drive out the demon inside of him. What a load of shit!!

I believe that you should walk lightly around her Bro. Jacob, if you want demons I'll glady show you one, and your fellow church members what a real demon looks like.

Oh and no amount of faith will spare you my wrath should harm come to one of my fellow Nova's here!!!

Ugh, who let this fecal-matter throwing primate in here? Don't you have some tics to pluck out of the Grand Kleegle's fur or something?

Humanity is not the dominant life on the evolutionary ladder anymore, Jim-Bob. YOUR slice of it least of all. You're a blight upon your species. If there weren't any novas, you'd be ragging on homosexuals, blacks, foreigners, or Christians of any other denomination. Once all of those heathens are dealt with, you and all the other naked apes can start organising witch-trials and burning each other alive to your heart's content.

Rage if you wish. But I offer my own testament of the healing power of Christ Almighty. For you see, I was once like you. I was possessed by a demon, and was called a "nova".

But that demon has been driven from me now. Because of the efforts of my brothers in the Church and the grace of God, I have been cleansed of this evil, and the Beast has power over me no longer.

It is a difficult thing for a man to set aside pride and power, and the demons that are the truth behind "novas" provide both in abundance. But it can be done, and you can save your immortal souls in the process.

You would do this regardless of whether or not I speak the Truth here; you have done so throughout the ages, and this most flagrant form is merely your latest. You are a latter-day Jezebel, and when you receive your just reward for your wicked ways, succubus, you will suffer her fate, as your fetid flesh is devoured for all eternity by dogs on the streets of hell.

Quote:
Sylvan,

I do not 'kiss and tell' but, if you wish to speak further on the subject, I can pick you up this evening.. say 8pm your time. Pack an overnight bag, I'll make breakfast.
Satyr, obviously I didn't make our appointment. I was on a plane to St. Louis for a conference for work. However, thanks for the lovely thought, and I would like to discuss things with you sometime. But we'll do it over lunch, ok?

Quote:
Originally posted by Brother Jacob:
Rage if you wish. But I offer my own testament of the healing power of Christ Almighty. For you see, I was once like you. I was possessed by a demon, and was called a "nova".

But that demon has been driven from me now. Because of the efforts of my brothers in the Church and the grace of God, I have been cleansed of this evil, and the Beast has power over me no longer.

It is a difficult thing for a man to set aside pride and power, and the demons that are the truth behind "novas" provide both in abundance. But it can be done, and you can save your immortal souls in the process.
I had heard rumors of you; I'm surprised to actually find that they are true. May I ask how you were freed from your demon? Did they use home-made ECT, as I've heard in some cases? Or was it something else?

Chloe,

I have heard of you as well; you were so close to salvation, and your loss is a loss to the Church. Perhaps someday you will return to the fold to rid yourself of the demon "Sylvan" that controls you; know that you will be welcome when you do.

Yes, ECT was tried. Tried, and failed. While some congregations still try to use that method, I do not believe that it is appropriate. Grace does not come by way of an electric shock; it comes by opening your heart to God.

In the end, it was the perseverance of those who stood by my side over the weeks and months to not give up on me that turned the tide. The resistance that the demon had crafted from my own pride was strong, but in time it was worn away by the love of God that was delivered by my brothers and sisters in the Church. Once I was finally laid bare, I could feel God's warmth, still open to me if I would only accept it. And by His grace, I did so.

Brother Jacob,

My loss is indeed a loss to the church, but not in the way that you think. Gone is my charity and kindness, my willingness to serve and my love for my brothers and sister. Gone also are the gifts I have now, gifts that the church will never know in full because of their fear.

My heart is open to God, as was yours when you erupted. Why you were unable to feel God's love is between you and Him; I only know that I walk in His Grace every day.

When you are ready to let go of your fear and self-righteous pride, let me know, and I will be ready to welcome you into a new world of wonder and joy, where God's love is all the more wonderous for the gifts He gives us.

No, what is sad is someone so sure that they were right before their eruption, that they deny the gifts God gave them just to prove themselves right. You are the one mislead, but not by a demon; it your own fear that keeps you bound in ignorance.

I have read the Christian Bible, and some of it is admirable, but much of it is not.

To encourage men in genocide, rapine and rape is not the mark of a moral higher being.

To exemplify two of the greatest kings as men who lusted after other men's wives and ordered the death of a baby to prove which woman was the true mother is not the mark of a religion interested in ethical behaviour.

To incite rebellion against the authorities, to encourage impropriety, to urge men to believe them entirely superior to everyone else is not the mark of a community that seeks to promote social order.

But I suppose as a slanty-eyed female demon, my words would be like the wind rattling empty gourds in your ears, Brother Jacob.

Brother Jacob, I don't think there is a cure for being a nova. Its not a possession, infestation, or disease. It is an evolutionary change. If you have such a method, please post it on the Opnet so that other scholars can add it to the collective knowledge of the World.

Ms. Rais, as I recall, those adulterous kings suffered divine punishment for their indiscretions. They are moral parables.

Christianity also espouses that the individual should seek out the morally right thing to do, even if it requires them to oppose authority. It encourages the entire community to work for the moral good of all. It exalts the primacy of Free Will in the individual.

Beyond that, it talks about 'Just War' vs. Wars of Aggression. It also talks about the history of the Israelite people, and I agree it is very bloody and savage at times. I can't say I approve of that part of the Bible, but I acknowledge it as the oral tradition of the Children of Abraham.

Maybe the lesson there is that having taken the land of Palestine by force, the Israelites have known little peace since then.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sylvan:
Quote:
Sylvan,

I do not 'kiss and tell' but, if you wish to speak further on the subject, I can pick you up this evening.. say 8pm your time. Pack an overnight bag, I'll make breakfast.
Satyr, obviously I didn't make our appointment. I was on a plane to St. Louis for a conference for work. However, thanks for the lovely thought, and I would like to discuss things with you sometime. But we'll do it over lunch, ok?
Well, out of morbid curiousity... how many men do you plan on juggling Sylvan?

As for Brother Jacob.

Why do you guys even bother? Seriously, you people do this every time this guy pops in here.

He digs into our shit, and rustles our feathers with his religious preaching.

You guys all rush in to state your two cents, which usually falls into line with trying to prove him wrong, or hurt his feelings.

He replies to you with just as much vigor as he did before.

Wash, repeat.

For an enlightened race and a bunch of mega minds, you all are pretty fuckin' dumb. He's not going to change his point of view just because you toss a nasty OpNet net post his way, or try to convince him in the error of his ways.

Trying to best this guy over the OpNet is like winning the Special Olympics, you can win, but you're still retarded.

Get rid of his ass in person, or just shut the fuck up and quit provoking him.

Quote:
Well, out of morbid curiousity... how many men do you plan on juggling Sylvan?
As I am married, none. It's Satyr who is persuing me; I am willing to be his friend, which is why I said lunch.

Of course, if this is some more of your joking, then my joking answer would have to be as many as I can get away with. wink

Quote:
Why do you guys even bother?
Words spoken can change a man. Death is no of purpose in to change man. Better to make effort and fail perhaps than do nothing of worth.

The dog that is barking is not the dog that is biting.

Quote:
Originally posted by Emerald:
Quote:
Why do you guys even bother?
Words spoken can change a man. Death is no of purpose in to change man. Better to make effort and fail perhaps than do nothing of worth.

The dog that is barking is not the dog that is biting.
To argue faith with reason, or reason with faith, is pointless. One requires proof, and the other belief. I could stand for hours in a museum with someone and debate the emotional impact of a painting with someone who wanted only to discuss its technical merits and flaws. Same painting, different "languages," one big waste of time. Not the best analogy, but you get my point.

No matter what you throw at each other, you're only adding fuel to the fire.

Oh, and Procyon? Please, knock it off with the "simian" references. It's old, and it's unappreciated, at least by me. If you were as enlightened and fabulous as you try to be, you wouldn't need to resort to insults. You're better than that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brother Jacob:
You might as well translate the acronym as What Would Satan Do. You are ridden by a demon, Satyr, a servant of the Great Betrayer, and your path ends in an eternity of torment and damnation. Know this, and repent. Seek out the aid of the Church of Michael Archangel, that they may help in driving out the demon. Beg the forgiveness of our Lord Jesus Christ that he may drive the demon from you and you may be forgiven.
Your ignorance astounds me, not only your ignorance of me personally, but of your own religion.

Now, Piss. Off.

Quote:
Originally posted by Emerald:
Quote:
Originally posted by Velvet:
Same painting, different "languages," one big waste of time.
Not enough waste to kill as mssr Revenant would have of me. The point is plain oui?
I don't recall him asking anyone to kill anyone else... At least not in the context of this thread.

And yes, the point is plain. "Put up, or shut up." It's a simple philosophy learned through practical experience. You won't get anywhere arguing about this, for the reasons I've already stated. Still, if you want to waste your time, be my guest.

Archived