Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Chapter 7: End of Term [complete]

Justin OOC

Katrina was the last it seemed to get the book... and she did not hesitate. A fully loaded meat-lover's pizza WITH anchovies. She had a sudden craving for fish, and this... was the best way she thought to satiate it.

She touched the picture as asked, then smiled as she sat. "Alright... what I need... is a full stomach."

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I came here for Gintaro Abi." Aki looked at him. Lady Aoi and the Headmaster sealed him some time ago." She looked Confused. "Noriega has been sealed, but not here."

"How do you even know that name?"

The food arrived within five minutes of the last persons order, the cart stacked up deliciously, and Ruby quickly brought it inside. "Okay, food's here everyone, come and get it." She sat back down with her food next to Shizuka. "I'll make sure we get some fish for you later, once everyone's gone to sleep, if it takes that long." The huge tigress growled, or rather her stomach did, and she would have blushed if she could. "Okay."

------------------

In the Headmaster's office, a Figure clad in black robes emerged from the Shadows. a White mantle was upon his shoulders, and he carried a walking stick that radiated power and menace. Where his face would normally be, A mask of white, with thin lines of argent silver formed into the symbol of wisdom around the eyes and mouth rest. Brightly glowing silver eyes beheld the young Juraigumo.

"I am Shigeru Yammamoto, as you have long probably suspected, I am a Shinigami." He did not touch anything, and gloves adorned his hands. Chains rest on the floor, glowing with faint holy light.

He gave her a moment to assimilate this, as there was no escape from the room, or him, should he choose. "I have discovered the source of the malady afflicting us." His voice was calming, as always unless he was angry.

"There is an underground lake, made when we first created the school that is magically replenished by the mana from the school. The water, and the central control circuit have been tampered with, and tainted. Someone acquired this strain of virus and introduced it to sow panic and confusion here on campus. My faculty is largely too busy keeping the students from eating each other, and the few I have that could go down and fix this problem, are indisposed due to other concerns. I dare not leave this office, as I will not panic the students with information about my kind."

He nodded, setting five small blue stones on the desk. "Do not ask what these are, know only that when added to the resivoir, they will cure the plague, and render the water safe and pure. Only add them once you find the main mana circuit, and repair it."

"Your friends will be useful here, as they have the knowledge to get there and accomplish this task."

He drew a symbol of silver light. "Once you have them, draw this symbol on the door, you are nearest, and open it. It will become an elevator to the underground lake." He looked at her. You can pack them in web, if it makes them easier to carry, I reccomend it, in fact." Each stone was roughly the size of a child's fist.

"You will need at least five people, as the stones must be placed at the five smaller mana circuit panels simultaneously, when the master circuit is reactivated." He smiled behind the mask.

"I hate to ask this of you, but this is the only way we can get on with our lives. I am already looking into who did this in the first place, and they will be dealt with when I find them."

Aria was quiet as the revelations hit from left and right, like punches from an experienced boxer.

Finally she said, "I'll try..."

Even so she crept forward and with a quick weave, made a little silk bag to sweep the stones into. Something she could then carry in her chillaepeds.

"How will I know what the mana circuit looks like? And how to repair it?" she asked. Then she added, "And do you know who or what did this? It seems like a very specific and hard to accomplish act, using knowledge of the school and its secrets that very few would have. Given that my friends and I will probably be encountering whatever guards were left to stop someone from doing this, we should have some idea of what we'll face."

Finally able to enter with both verbal permission and without an aura barrier threating to reduce her into nothingness, the pink haired girl had strode into the room and felt stupid apon seeing other foods here, but felt a lot better knowing the Norman Tart she brought and Chocolate Mousse was more decadent and a more qaulity treat then whatever else they had there.

Setting the food down on the coffee table near Kyohei, she looked toward the others. "Can he eat on his own?" The shapechanger asked not knowing if she or someone else should feed the human, or if he could do it himself.

Katrina started eating, almost upon receiving her meal. She then stops after the first slice. Realizing Shizuka was hungry she changed her seating position a little more away from Shizuka than before. She felt like the submissive member of the pride, and Shizuka was the matriarch. At any moment she felt she would take Katrina's meal. So she once again started eating quickly. Her Cheetah side was only pushing her to her expedient meal.

"I'm just hoping we figure out something soon..."

"Oh, I think he can manage. And if he can't, I don't mind feeding him," Delilah said with a naughty grin and a saucy as she propped up Kyohei with some pillows behind his back and unfolded the legs of the bed-tray Rubi had brought and set it across his lap. "Thanks for bringing the deserts, Mystel. A treat before I give Kyohei his real desert."

Delilah arranged Kyohei's and her food on the tray, teasingly feeding him a bite or two or chewing sensually on red, juicy morsels of her filet mignon. Amazingly, the blanket she had wrapped around her stayed in place, barely, but flatteringly, preserving a remnant of modesty, despite her extensive curves and beautiful wings. She snuggled up to Kyohei's side, flashing Mystel a compassionate and sultry smile.

"Sorry that your short time has been so crazy already, honey, but it'll get better. Maybe not less crazy, but y'know, like less potentially life-threatening. Sometimes."

The headmaster nodded. "Darrik or Rubi will be more than competent to identify the circuits, and though they likely have no magic, they can walk Skye or Delilah through manipulating the mana circuits with their own mana and abilities. You will want some who can either swim well, or fly., to reach all of them.

"I worry most that whoever is down there remains. I can see the chamber, but not all of it, some of my surveilance glyphs are disrupted."

He looked down. "The guardian golems are disabled, the entire security system is right now. Once i found that I severed the tie to the lake to the school, thus no water. Thankfully we have several yokai who can create storms, for any other water we need."

---------------------

In the room, as the food came and was passed out, Aki and Rubi sat together. Aki looked at him. "Well I will look into that, to see what I can do to ensure it doesn't happen again." She looked at him squarely. "Though no longer who I was, I did enjoy my time here, and attacks against the school are something I take personally."

Shizuka grunted. "I have faith in you all to find a resolution for this, I know I can count on my students."

---------------------

In the bedroom, Kyohei largely let delilah do as she would. Though healed, he was not as strong as she was, especially without mana as he was now. He looked to Mystel and motioned for her to sit and eat as well.. "Enjoy yourself while we can Mystel. Once we find the cure, well, we will spring into action to apply it."

He seemed to look better as he ate, and nodded. "We'll throw you a real welcome party once this is all over. In a few months, we'll look back on all this and laugh."

Even as these thoughts passed though her mind, the dryad within her protective embrace began to stir in distress and that drew a response from Kyra, as she nuzzled the smaller girl like she might another dragon in distress. The air around them got a bit warmer as she attempted to wake the dryad out of her nightmare.

And that didn't help at all, Yuuki's struggles growing only more disturbed as her inner dreamscape changed to reflect the arid heat of Kyra's magic, the grove drying and begining to char, acidic mist bubbling and popping with low-key volcanism, adding involuntary gasps of pain to her litany of determination as it scoured away skin and muscle from her dream self, a chorus of fear and pain pouring from her lips like the whispers of the damned and the desperate.

The magic binding the young Dryad into slumber pulsed softly under pressure of the nightmare, nearly breaking.

[envoy] 8:35 pm: mind test for MA.

envoy *rolls* 2d6: 3+4+5: 12

[envoy] 8:35 pm: sooooo close.

The young dragon was somewhat concerned when her attempt to make things better turned out to make the dryad struggle even more and seem more distressed and she racked her brain for something to make it better. Yuuki was a dryad, dryads were a kind of plant elemental, plants liked water, so water should make everything better.. perhaps, if she wasn't so far into the dragon thoughts and instincts, she might had asked for help, but Yuuki was her friend, a friend as a was treasure and a treasure was part of her horde.

Picking up the girl by the back of her school uniform, she moved her into the bathroom and paused a moment, she wasn't entirely sure here, clothing wasn't for bathing, it was wearing or for decoration.. she really needed to get Yuuki to wear clothing that set off her colors better, something that showed off her beauty better then the school uniform. A nice deep green colored kimono with a golden tree on it, she was picturing it when the moan of distress pulled her back to the moment.

It was hard to get a dryad out of her clothing when you only had teeth and claws, most of her body blocked a view into the bathroom, she struggled with the unconscious dryad a moment, to get her out of her school uniform, a few seeds falling to the floor of the bathroom as she struggled with her. It was a bit of a struggled, but soon enough as she managed to get the dryad undressed, without damaging the uniform too much, she then put Yuuki under the shower and turned on the water, to try and waked her from the nightmare and maybe help the plant side of her with the water.

Aria tucked the little webbing bundle under her abdomen and bobbed up and down a bit...the best she could do to approximate a nod.

"I'll get as many as I can find to help then. Wish us luck."

The wish of a Shinigami had to be worth -something-, right?

He nodded gravely and said, "I believe they were last in Ms. Nekomone's rooms, in the faculty dormitory. Try there first."

She scuttled out of the headmaster's office, and out of the admin building. Darted across the quad. There were other students here and there...the normal looking school was the home of monsters now. Disguises off. Something about that tickled in her head a little, but she had more important things to do now than ruminate.

Rather than navigate the haunted halls of the faculty dormitory, Aria chose to simply climb up the wall. She counted up to the right floor, then over to the right general area, then peeked in each window one by one until she saw people she recognized.

Those people heard the sound of tapping on the window from the outside.

"Is anyone there?" came Aria's muffled voice. "I need your help."

Once inside she set the webbed package down and said, "I've been given a task for us all by the headmaster. We need to get as many students as we can find, and trust, together. If it works, it could save the school and cure the plague."

(OOC - Each group of PC's is welcome to react to this sequence of events according to a timeline that suits them...once we're all aligned and on the same page, we can continue. :))

Feeling a warm fluttering in her stomach, Mystel smiled genuinely once again, since it had been a long time since anyone outside her family had given her any reconition, however she would keep that to herself. "Real desert, eh?" She aske

d thinking what the succubus was reffering to sex as a more sweet treat. Being told to sit down and mske herself feel a little more comfertable, the shapechanger turned toward the hukan and rose an eyebrow. "A party? Do you really think I'm worth the effort?" She asked before sitting her head back against the wall, this difficult event was more mentally stressing than phsically.

The young dragon was somewhat concerned when her attempt to make things better turned out to make the dryad struggle even more and seem more distressed and she racked her brain for something to make it better. Yuuki was a dryad, dryads were a kind of plant elemental, plants liked water, so water should make everything better.. perhaps, if she wasn't so far into the dragon thoughts and instincts, she might had asked for help, but Yuuki was her friend, a friend as a was treasure and a treasure was part of her horde.

Picking up the girl by the back of her school uniform, she moved her into the bathroom and paused a moment, she wasn't entirely sure here, clothing wasn't for bathing, it was wearing or for decoration.. she really needed to get Yuuki to wear clothing that set off her colors better, something that showed off her beauty better then the school uniform. A nice deep green colored kimono with a golden tree on it, she was picturing it when the moan of distress pulled her back to the moment.

It was hard to get a dryad out of her clothing when you only had teeth and claws, most of her body blocked a view into the bathroom, she struggled with the unconscious dryad a moment, to get her out of her school uniform, a few seeds falling to the floor of the bathroom as she struggled with her. It was a bit of a struggled, but soon enough as she managed to get the dryad undressed, without damaging the uniform too much, she then put Yuuki under the shower and turned on the water, to try and waked her from the nightmare and maybe help the plant side of her with the water.

Kyra's manhandling accomplished one thing: it got Yuuki out of her nightmare and into the waking world.

"Nooooo! It's Mine! Give it back! Give it.. back?!" she exclaimed as the water got her awake with a yell, sopping and breathing heavy, green hair slicked to her skull and eyes wide open with terror. Her gaze darted around the bathroom as the water continued to soak her, not daring to rise imediately.

The twin lanterns that locked on the dragoness bubbled with maniac determination, voice ragged with raw emotion heartbeats from action, "What happened? Where's Shizuka-Sensi? Is the barrier down yet?"

Her nakedness was a far, far lower priority at the moment, right hand squeezing the shower bar with white-knuckled intensity.

About to respond to Yuuki's questions, Kyra's extremely sharp senses allowed her to pick up on Aria's arrival and her quick words about getting folks together sharpened Kyra's interest almost immediately. "To answer your questions.. I woke you from your nightmares, Sensai is in the other room, the barrier is not down. However, Aria has a way to fix the problem, needs everyone to help, we must see to her as soon as possible, get what you need, she is with Kyohei and Deliliah.." With that, the dragon pulled her head out of the doorway, cracking the edges of the door and ripping what was left of the actual door to the room from it's frame, but then the dragon waited in the hall for the dryad to join her to guard while they join the rest of the crowd.

Even *if* Aria has an effective plan, they'll never have the conviction to follow through on it. None of them do. None of them have anything of value at stake in getting out of here. They'll find some objection to the idea and go back to finding a nonexistent 'perfect plan'. Keep us all here forever while my Tree withers and rots and they laugh.

Yuuki's expression mirrored her thoughts, angry and suspious with the fires of her determination burning hotter than ever on the tangle of fear kicked up by the nightmare. She let the water wash over her, glowing eyes, narrowed as she thought. No. It wasn't going to happen that way. She was done being distracted.

Step one of the New Plan was getting out of here and finding her fellow Hina so they could find out if the barrier was as 'unbreakable' as claimed.

Step two was... No. Wait. Step one of the New Plan was getting dry and dressed so she didn't freeze to death outside.

Step two of the New Plan was getting out of here and finding her fellow Hina so they could find out if the barrier was as 'unbreakable' as claimed.

Step three depended on whether or not the barrier was unbreakable by any means at their disposal.

Yes. She should have decided this earlier. Her Tree needed her and everything, everyone, not directly contributing to her getting back to it as soon as possible was a threat to be destroyed or avoided if too powerful to confront.

A smile of grim satisfaction danced on her face, an old Hina warsong escaping her lips as she dried herself off and dressed for the trials ahead.

Katrina saw the dire spider and heard her message clear as day.

"Well... I'd better get ready for a mission... can't go about saving the school getting my uniform dirty."

She finishes off the last of her meal, then grabs a backpack from her closet as well as a couple plastic bottles of milk from a small fridge she keeps for her milk and energy drink supply.

"Back out in a couple, I gotta change."

As Aria clues the others in, Katrina steps out with the order she picked up from online before the craziness started. She figured something that was form fitting and allowed her to be stealthy would be a nice addition to the wardrobe... particularly if she had to start operating covertly. So with her backpack on, and the black form-fitting drysuit she picked, and the new goggles on her head, she looked the part of being a covert sneak-thief. That and on a pouch on the bottom of her backpack her staff was neatly collapsed and stored.

"Aright..." Katrina said, her voice sounding a bit gruff from her current form, and her being a bit like "Solid Snake". "...when do we begin?"

Her twin tails moved back in forth, showing her anticipation.

Aria's arrival, and subsequent announcement was met eagerly by most everyone there. Shizuka sighed, she'd be unable to go, but still everyone else would be able to go. Soon everyone was gathered together, to listen to her recount what she was told by the headmaster. At the end, Ruby smiled. "I knew he'd come through for us. So we have to get down to the lake, fix the circuits and then time it so we drop the stones in at the secondary circuits together, and then we wait a few minutes, and can drink, then we should be cured." She seemed very excited, it would be good to have her powers back she knew.

"You'll need Darrik and I because we know what circuits look like, and how to fix them." She looked around and nodded. "Delilah and Kyra can both fly, so we'll take them." She looked to Skye, "How about you?"

Kyohei nodded. "I'm good to go too." Katrina was obviously in,.Mystel, Yuuki, and Aki were up in the air. "How about it you all good to go as well? We don't know what we'll find down there, maybe the person who did this. We could use the extra help in case things get dicey."

He looked to Delilah, who he'd managed to have get dressed, and smiled. "You will help too, I hope."

The young Dryad looked unimpressed, glowing green eyes and damp, disheveled hair giving the impression of a sprig of crabgrass only nominally under the control of the local gardener. She visibly pondered her response, arms crossed, "...And they'll bring down the barrier if we do this? Do we have a way of comunicating our success to the outside world at all?"

She was very carefully keeping out of eyeshot of the felionid instructor, putting the bulk of Kyra between her and a another visit to dreamland, wary and tense.

"A party? Do you really think I'm worth the effort?"

"Of course you are, cutie!" Delilah cooed, slipping back into her dress and strappy heels. "Every deserves one party, just for them." Her lush lips curved into a teasing grin as she beeped Mystel on the nose. "It's whether they deserve that takes time to tell."

After hearing Aria's surprising news and joining the others in the main room, Delilah flared her gorgeous, night-feathered wings, feigning an expression of condescending boredom. Her sigh threatened the durability of her dress, the light playing wildly across the glistening sheen of the silky white fabric.

"I suppose I can offer some assistance. Lucifer knows some people have gone angelshit crazy and you guys can use the help," she said in an affected, tired tone, checking her nails, carefully avoiding looking at the manic dryad. Then she smirked, and eager light in her luminous eyes. "Let's get this done! It's been fun, but not everyone can handle this much fun all the time. Am I right?"

Rather than looking like a professional infiltration expert, the teen succubus looked ready to clubbing, perched in a pair of stilettos and barely decent in an overburdened, white party dress. But she was still riding high on sips of souls she drank in the girls dormitory and her stance conveyed a roiling confidence and determination beneath her habitual sex appeal.

Mystel laughed as she was now surprised at the whole affection thing from the succubus girl. Having her nose booped like she was a child, made a blush spread across her features and look away. "I hope I dont screw this up." She whispered before hearing the announcment of a cure in progress, knowing that her mind would no longer be free to the enslavement of the virus and she would once again hide her smiles and her hate behind a false smile. Despite how her disposition so far has been pleasnt from lack of negative thinking.

"Ruby, what sort of traps can we expect to find down there? Anything you know of that we should be aware of? If anyone is down there they'll probably have added traps of their own as well. Those we cannot prepare for, but the ones already there we can take care of."

"Also, do you have any sort of map of the sewer system we can borrow until this endeavor is concluded?"

Katrina stretched. She was as tactical as one could expect for a member of beastkind. Although the hybrid showed a deeper anticipation. This was her first test. Her first chance to prove herself as still someone of worth. To Skye, to her classmates... The school itself was on the line and she wasn't going to be found wanting tonight.

"A simultaneous gate? Hmm... that could be tough... No matter, I'm in. Anything to save our school."

"Although now... I'm... going to regret not keeping this state..."

She lithely does a back-flip over near Skye. "I've never felt so..."

Katrina couldn't express it. It was words that she has never had to know. She treasured her human side and now... now the beast that was her birthright was there... and... it seemed as much a part of her as her tails or hands or even nose. This was just as true of her as when she was in her human guise.

Aki elected to remain behind, with Shizuka, and kurosoroshiimaru and Skye. Everyone else went along, as Aria made the symbol on the door and it opened to an elevator, one surprising large enough to fit everyone, including Kyra's draconic bulk.

The ride down was over a minute. The door opened into a massive cavern three miles across, and over a mile high. A faint blue light came from a sphere above the lake, suspended from the roof of the cavern.

Rubi smiled. "I hope you realize the trust being shown us. This place is off limits to just about everyone. Now we need to find the mana circuts, as well as the master control Circuit. The defense systems are offline, so be on your guard. There's no telling what else may be here."

Kyohei stepped off first, and Rubi followed him. "Delilah, Mystel you two come with us. Kyra, you go with Yuuki, Aria, and Darrik." once the 5 stones were passed out he nodded. "Remember not to drop them in until we can synch up. Let's focus on finding everything first." He looked to Kyra and Delilah. "Help us find the ones on this side, then we'll get you two to carry some of us to the other side so we can do this quickly."

He looked at Katrina."I know you're fast, I want you to scout out and see what may be out there to the left of the entrance, and head around to the far side." He pressed a small disc into her hands. "If you get into trouble, crush this, it will bring you to where I am." It was an Ally Talisman, not something commonly seen or ever used by yokai.

"Yes, sir." Katrina nodded and began sneaking down the hallway. It was odd to see a creature of her size be so skilled at not being heard or seen as it was somewhat dim. But she was Nekojin... the shadows weren't her enemy, they were her ally."

Stealth(Camoflauge) Roll
[Kamiko] 11:04 pm: I'll roll with body then with stealth(camoflauge)

[Long6] 11:05 pm: tag

Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 3+2+11: 16

[Long6] 11:06 pm: that'll do for now

[Kamiko] 11:06 pm: ok

Katrina examines the area, her keen eyesight was without fail (Night Vision with Enhanced Vision) as the predator in her would show pride in. It was time to start taking the long road to the left of the entrance.

Skye sighed in annoyance. She really didn’t want to give up her warm seat with Kuromaru. The half-angel also knew that she wouldn’t be allowed to just sit here though. She didn’t care about most of the demons at the school; 80% of them would be delighted to torture her and kill Kuromaru for nothing more than their own hellish pleasure. With a soft murmur to him, she rose and straightened her clothing, following the others as they went to join Aria in her mission. She prepared as the others did, waiting on her chance to be helpful.

The young Dryad had held her silence since her question was ignored back in the apartment, nodding agreement to go and following strictly as a means to get in a smaller group and escape in the confusion of potential battle. This... ploy didn't matter. A feint, a trick, to distract them all from their imprisonment. Yuuki wasn't going to be fooled or lead astray again.

She had her Plan, after all, and the comfort of it warmed her against the terror of what could be happening to her Tree even as they stood here, strengthening her against the impulse to sprint away from the group *right now*. Still...

"Allow me to go in your stead if possible, Kyohei-Kun," she offered after some thought, glowing eyes giving nothing way behind a mask of cold focus, "My aura can act as a beacon to draw in the rest of you if she gets in trouble. You've been through too much battle today anyway."

Kyohei shook his head. "That isn't possible. The talisman was made by me, it won't work for someone else. Besides, Delilah's care, some rest, and good food has helped immensely." He nodded. "Thanks though."

He looked to the others and nodded. "let's get moving. Kyra, I'm counting on your hunting instincts to warn of any impending danger."

He set off along the wide shore, as Ruby walked with him, searching for a magic circuit sigil.

Katrina moved silently and unseen, not able to move too swiftly, but still covering much more ground than in a group.

Katrina arrives to a rocky outcropping and gets behind it. She pulls out her staff, deploying it, and examines the area on her path. She had been wreckless even when careful. She's played D&D enough to know that she should be checking for traps.

But then again, this place was a death trap in of itself, probably to prevent the very thing that is happening to the school.

She looks down her path, going from barrier to barrier to reduce her profile, using careful steps to reduce sound. She cursed herself for wearing boots, but what better way to protect her feet if some suprise happened.

This... was too fun to just skip out on. The thrill of the hunt was in her. Anything hostile was down here, and she will return with murder presents... wait... her orders was to report back... right... damn.

She continued on her duty.

Aria accepted her stone, weaving a little silk sock for it that she could carry fairly easily. She scuttled up next to Darrik, about as high as his waist, like a big dog would be. She wasn't talking much...being stuck in spider form with all her classmates was kind of mortifying...she didn't want to call attention to herself.

"Lets go," she said quietly to the warlock. "I want to get this over with."

Aria and Darrik soon found the first sigil, While he couldn't use magic, he did know the signs. On the other side, Rubi found one too Skye remained there with a stone, as Kyohei had Kyra stay with her. "We're going to find the others, stay near Skye just in case."

Using her great speed and steath Katrina moved through the shadows at the lake's edge, where she did hear something faint, the sound of something dripping into the lake, and she could smell blood.

Katrina was not going to reveal herself, but there was a balance between getting proper intel for a successful mission and not going the distance for your friends. Both to her was perfect reason to push on, to examine more closely. But she wasn't going to be reckless.

Scent roll and Stealth Roll, 2 Divine Relationships used
[Kamiko] 5:36 pm: Scent Check

Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 1+2+8: 11

[salmonMax] 5:36 pm: You smell fail

*uses Divine Relationship*

Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 3+6+8: 17

[Long6] 5:36 pm: lol

[Kamiko] 5:36 pm: Now for stealth

Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 2+2+11: 15

*uses Divine Relationship again*

Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 5+4+11: 20

[Kamiko] 5:37 pm: better.

[Kamiko] 5:37 pm: down two divine relationship but...

[Kamiko] 5:37 pm: witnesses?

[Long6] 5:38 pm: hallelujah!

She thinks of Skye, wanting to be strong for her. She has to succeed.

Divine Relationship uses remaining for now: 3

Aria and Darrik soon found the first sigil, While he couldn't use magic, he did know the signs.

"So this is what we're after?" Yuuki inquired over their shoulders, eyes scanning the darkness around them and having not paid very much attention to the description of what they were supposed to be after. No, she was more concerned with the fact the walls were totally clean of moss and algae. Nowhere was that clean without artifical control.

What the young Dyrad needed to know was if that artficial control would try and kill them without warning.

Giving the Dryad a suspicious, narrow-eyed glance, Delilah followed at Kyohei's side along the eerily still lake, the soft blue light tinting the hue of her burgundy hair, coppery skin, and sable wings. Despite the rough, natural state of the cavern floor, the succubus had no problem navigating it in her high heels, occasionally flapping her wings to maintain her balance.

Despite the sensual sway of her hips and tail and her sexy strut making seem she was taking a mere walk with her lover, Kyohei could feel a poised readiness in Delilah. She was flighty and seductive temptress true, but she was far more physically adept than most succubi as well, and very passionate in all she did.

So, if she didn't really know anything about these magical sigil thingies, she could still help those who did reach them. And if anyone threatened her Mate of Fate or her friends, she'd claw them, incinerate them, and/or eat their souls

They are kinda tasty... Delilah mused amusingly, her tremendous and enticing presence still heightened from the souls she had sipped on earlier in the girls dorms, as she licked her lips, tasting for the emotions of anyone else down here.

Tasting Emotions
Using Sixth Sense (Emotions) and Heightened Senses - Sixth Sense (Emotions), looking for emotions that seem hostile or dangerous to her and her friends

2d6 + Soul + Heightened Sense = 2d6+15

Sixth Sense (Emotions) + Heightened Sense - Sixth Sense: 2d6+15 = 22

The scent of blood grew stronger as she moved further away from the group, towards the other side of the lake, and carefully katrina remained unseen.

For Delilah, She could feel anticipation from everyone, and something more. There was an insatiable hunger, several instances on the other side of the lake, and as yet they'd not given off anything else.

There was definitely something else within the cavern...

"Yes," Darrik confirmed, "this is one."

"Good. Then the rest of you get going towards the next one. I'll wait here for the signal to act," Yuuki offered with a nod of her head along the shoreline and a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes, "Something's keeping the walls unaturally clean down here, and I'd rather not find out what that is."

"No dice." Darrik reproved, closing his eyes for a moment, as he could still feel ambient mana of another sigil. Beyond the lake, unfortunately, but he knew the 'layout' and direction of the magic. "If there's something down there, we can have a better chance dealing with it as a group. Besides, we have another sigil on our side out there."

"You're forgetting we have five of these stones to trigger similtaneusly. We're going to have to split up eventually, and it makes more sense than most for me to be one of the people left alone. *My* magic is unweakened, and even if I get dropped, this body should last long enough to make it obvious I was taken out. Go. Finish setting up the job. I can take care of myself," Yuuki countered firmly, making shooing gestures with one hand, a genuine smile breaking the surface of her self-controled mania.

Tree, it didn't take a genius to see that finishing the mission was more important than any one member of the group. It was even in Yuuki's interests to play her part in this shell game for a few more minutes to prevent a pursuit by the group. Hopefully her tree would be okay that much longer.

"She's right," Aria said to Darrik. "Someone has to stay behind. You're the one who can find these, so you can't. It could be either Yuuki or me, but since she's volunteering..."

A spider couldn't shrug, but she made a passable attempt, sort of jerking the first joint of all her legs upwards at once.

"No time to argue anyway. Lets find the last one quickly."

She scuttles ahead a little, then looks back, knowing she needs Darrik to have any chance at this.

Archived