[OpNet] The Rumor Thread

Vixen

Quote:
Originally posted by Access:
I've already constructed a computer the size of a credit card for the members of the Knights.
How do I get one of these besides becoming a Knight? For a really decent computer I'd even join the club but there's some history there. I kind of doubt they're looking for a artist anyway.

Tommy, it has a very small LCD on it. Not very convenient, but for what the Knights need it's the most practical. It can interface with a small microphone about the size of button on your shirt collar, and I have had some luck building a small speaker into an earring. The much simpler method is the Tech Cloth and a HUD on a pair of glasses or sunglasses. I'm still a bit too nervous to try the contact lense variant, something I don't like about surface electronics on my eye, plus I calculate some focusing issues.

It's no hulking powerhouse either, but it's more than what most people need for everyday usage. I'm still fighting heat issues to put a powerful graphics processor in it, though I'm experimenting with a heat conductive polymer and channeling it through clothing. It shows promise.

Tarot, I'm still building each of these by hand so it's a very time consuming effort to produce just one, and they are still in Alpha testing. When they reach a beta phase we can see about arranging something maybe.

• 6 months later...

Hey I know this is a long time ago but you promised me a new minimicrosupersmalltiny computer when you got them out to the Beta testing stage.

So?

Are we there yet? Huh? Come on Access. Help a brother out. I've been dying to try one of these nova computer things since you told me about it.

• 4 weeks later...

- Tarot is, in fact, 'huge.' But not in the way anyone thinks. No, not even you.

- Gerald Haney masturbates fifteen times a day to diminish his eyesight and prevent him from seeing so far into the universe that he winds up staring at the back of his own head.

- Velvet has followed in the footsteps of another purple-hued celebrity, and has changed her name to "§."

- Machina possesses the world's largest and most impressive collection of 'My Little Pony' merchandise and memorabilia.

- Trooper's collection is a close second.

- Pookums is the secret mastermind ruler of the world. Fortunately, he/she/it is a benevolent dictator as long as the Feeding Arm arrives with due speed.

- Revenant once put a sock over "the business" and fluttered around almost naked singing "Dance of the Sugar Plum Faries." Consequently, he is no longer allowed to do children's birthday parties.

- Or bar mitzvahs.

- The White Rat's fu manchu is where his auxiliary M-R node resides. No one can bear to cut it off.

- Preston's favorite pasttime is pointing at random people and announcing a date and a means of dying. No one has dared to get close enough to ask him why he does this.

- A parallel universe theoretically exists where a version of Edison is happy, loved, content, and rich. Our Edison would like to travel to this timeline, preferably with a nuclear bomb in tow.

Derived from the Nova Philes entry of known/suspected powers for Signy Mallory.

Publicly known powers.

Precogition.

She cogitates verbs [badly] before they're spoken.

Empathly controll.

She empathizes with OpNet Trolls

teloporting.

She reads the end of novels first and can move to the end of her life very quickly... sadly it looks like she can't get back from the end of her life.

Quantom awareness

Full Awareness of what Tom Cruise is doing today, the moment he does it.

privaite powers

She makes and animates Topiary on small shrubs (privet) or takes things away from people that need them (privation)

Sic obduco alica dictata

And this ... is why spell check is your friend.

~ The Gestalt is evolving into a hive-mind. It will soon rename itself "The Colony". After that it'll never cause earth any trouble ever.

~ HyperFocus only "acts that way to get chicks".

~ Pax is not a nova. He is, in fact, the worlds most powerful asshole.

- Shrapenel is a fire-crotch.

- The Church of Micheal Archangel is run by Ted Haggerd...who is also secretly a nova...and he still loves meth.

-Timeslip isn't going to give birth to children, she's going 'Big Bang' into several baby universes.

-Long isn't just his name it is also his 'attribute'

-Wakinyan isn't really a Native American, he's an Italian who's gone 'tribal'.

-Machina really is an asshole

-The Windy City Knights don't work for Chicago, Chicago works for them.

-Sandcaster left the Knights because she was pregnant with Jager's child.

Originally Posted By: The White Rat
-The Windy City Knights don't work for Chicago, Chicago works for them.

Correction. Chicago and the Knight's work for Me. Don't forget it Pale Rodent.

Quote:
-Sandcaster left the Knights because she was pregnant with Jager's child.

Just Jager's? Hell Sandy was passed around the office like a frat boys blunt.

Rumor has it McCline waxed her gritty britches on more than a few occations. Must be how he got his job.

Archived