Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - [CN] Atlantic Nights

Mech

Mel had found himself eventually glowering out on the railing. He just didn't feel in place. For so long, his world had been blood, death, battle, and general dour-ness. The fellowship here was not the kind he knew. Why was he here? Was it serious to expect him to make bonds? You haven't begun to try yet. The self-admonition had its mark, and Mel got around back to the gathering knot and mentions of Cheeze-Whiz. A 'kids these days' comment he didn't make, seeing as that would have stirred up painful memories.

Instead, Mel raised a hand for Karrie's attention. "You know, enough talk about the Hair of the Coyote. Put your beer where your mouth is. And I mean it literally. You wouldn't serve something you wouldn't drink yourself, eh?"

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coyote’s eyes narrowed at Mel, hearing the implicit challenge in his voice. “Oh no. That’s a really bad idea.” Rob looked more serious now; unfortunately, because he was a jester, it wasn’t clear if he was actually concerned or still joking. “Karrie, it’s a really bad idea.”

His words did no good; Karrie tipped the bottle to her lips and took a long pull from the bottle. “There.” Brown eyes glared victoriously at the Irish nova. “I drank it.” She thrust the flask into his battle-calloused hands, along with the wooden cup. “Your turn.”

“And… five, four, three, two…” Rob muttered as he moved to stand behind her.

Karrie blinked once, then again. As Rob finished with, “one” she collapsed into his readied arms. As he picked her up, she mumbled into his shoulder, “Don’t let me miss the Nerd-off.” Then her eyes rolled back in her head and she passed out.

Mech asked me to help move things along a couple of hours so we can get to International Waters. Thankfully, Mel provided me with the perfect opportunity. Have fun with Karrie not being able to hold her Hair!

Kei walks up to Karrie and checks her pulse as a matter of training.

"Well she's alive, but out cold... we really need to formulate a antidote for this..."

She scratches her head. "I'll help get her to a chair, Rob, if you wish."

Jedi frowned at the turn of events. He amused by the happenings and wondering what would be next, when the challenge had been accepted and ended just as abruptly. Wow, I knew it was rough even with my metabolism, but I didn't realize it was that rough.

He moved to Mel's side casually. He didn't think a warning would be taken well, so he just stood by and waited to see if he needed to catch the bottle. He didn't think it would be that bad, the man looked like he could take some punishment, but with nova's you never could tell. Kitty for all her delicate beauty and might be tougher than a battle tank, or Mel as tough as he looked might have a glass jaw. So Nate stood ready.

He did call over to Kei as he waited for Mel to take a drink, "I'd love to fly with you, but I don't think I could keep up. I'm not a fast flyer."

"Oh that wasn't to fly side by side, I was going to actually carry you. As far as I know, you don't fly Mach 12... thought I'd give you a taste of my world. And don't worry I'll attune to you. The usually negative effects of flying at that speed won't be an issue. I generally carry some gear for this, in case I ever get called up for a rescue, so it should fit you just as good for just making sure you're safe... just a modified harness with a parachute, with some extra strapping to make sure you stay with me. And by regulation, I gotta make sure you got a life jacket on since we will be flying over water... at least it's like one airliners have... nothing bulky."

She smiles. "I usually don't get to share the skies... May doesn't like flying at that speed unless she's in our F-35X... and I have to slow down since it's only designed for Mach 1.1... well now she doesn't fly at all since they've took the "Dragon" in for refitting into the new F-35N, specifically customized for our DSA use..."

May sighed. "Is it so wrong not liking to fly faster than I have the ability to survive if I ever fell? Besides... a Parachute would do no good at the speeds you fly anyways."

"I know... but regs are regs... I'll be holding on to him when we go "Mach - Ridiculous" anyways..."

"Sorry for all the extra stuff if you say yes... but there are liability things to consider too." She says, but then she smiles. "But yeah... outside of that wanna come along?"

"Umm... No thanks. To the gear that is. I don't need a life jacket since I don't technically have to breath, and as for the parachute... well, I can fly when necessary, even if it is much, much, much slower than you." He grinned, "I wouldn't mind seeing what mach 12 is like though, but only without all the harness and stuff. That would ruin the experience."

Maybe it was the idea that she was a girl and he hadn't been even in the same room as a girl in the last five years until today, much less holding on to one while flying at mach 12, or maybe it was the challenge of the idea, but it was sounding more than a little interesting. He just hoped he didn't do something stupid and end up skipping over the surface of the ocean like a stone skipped over the surface of a lake. Remember go in feet first if it comes to that...

Kei walks up and pulls Nate gently down to her level and whispers. "I know May will be sleeping tonight... you and me... we're gonna toss the regs out the window." She winks and he could see a slight blush on the diminutive woman.

She releases Nate, then smiles. "That's okay... I can understand that having to gear up before a simple recreational flight can be intimidating... it's not for everyone I guess."

She looks back over to Karrie, still hoping she's okay.

Nate raised an eyebrow at the whisper and blushed rather more than Kei did judging by how warm his face felt. "Uh, yeah, sorry... I'm a little claustrophobic these days." He was anything but, if anything he was a touch acrophobia, he was still getting used to not being surrounded by walls.

What he said to Kei in a very quiet whisper before that parted had been, "Sounds fun." He needed to remember to ask later what he should wear. Jedi robes would not be the best thing for flying at high speeds even with her attuning him.

Mel let out a whistle as Karrie went down, causing Rob to actually throw a serious look at him. Mel, chastened, shrugged. "I'll remember not to ask next time." He plucked the bottle, glanced at it, then decided, hell to it. "Bottoms up." Before anyone could stop him, Mel uncorked the bottle and started swigging the drink down to shocked anticipatory stares. But decades of liquor drinking and nova-stamina told here, and the bottle was dry shortly thereafter. Mel wiped off his mouth.

"Nice stuff. I need to get the recipie when Karrie wakes up."

"You had to go and dare her." Rob grumbled, but without real rancor as he bent and hoisted the unconscious Coyote in a fireman's carry. "She never turns down a dare." he continued conversationally. "I once got her to give a S&T briefing to the Secretary of Defense while on helium, based on a dare. Funniest damn thing..." He grinned and headed downstairs. "I'm going to dump her on her bed. She'll be fine in an hour or two."

"Are you sure? I could take a look at her if you're worried." Doctor Esposita asked. Rob smiled at her.

"It's cool, Doc. She's crazy, but even Karrie wouldn't drink a cupful of something that could actually hurt her. If she was baseline, though, she'd be dead." he looked over at Mel. "You'll get your recipe, my little leprechaun. And thanks for drinking that crap up - with any luck we won't have a repeat. I'll be back up in a few... with cheez-whiz." He waggled his eyebrows and headed belowdecks.

Connor chuckled, and continued the trip. A couple hours later, He stopped the yacht's engines, and let them drift. He noted the current was taking them out further and nodded. With the gathered novas he wasn't worried about getting back. He could always get out and push if he needed to.

He came down from the bridge and smiled. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are now in International waters, you are free to enjoy yourselves as you like, I just ask you kindly respect the other guests, and have a good time."

"And don't sink the boat..." He looked at the others around him and added, "He didn't mention it explicitly, but I'm pretty sure that's one of the rules."

Now that they were here in the middle of the ocean, it occurred to Nate that not having anything more than the cloths on his back was perhaps not the best idea. He could always use his abilities to improvise some other stuff to wear, but it would take time and he'd have to either convert his own clothes, or 'borrow' some sheets or towels or something to use as his raw materials. He was having second thoughts now too about his flirting with Kei. He wasn't afraid of the flying, but without a harness that meant he was going to be clinging to her, or she to him, and he'd never even had a girlfriend... what if he... even worse, he'd read that Rob had once flown so fast he's ended up arriving somewhere with no clothes on, the wind and friction had been too much. His Jedi outfit was tough but it wouldn't stand up to Mach 12. Then he'd end up flying naked with the girl and her wearing a skin tight flight suit.

He blushed again trying to think of a way to bring up the subject without totally embarrassing himself before the Japanese girl. Surely she didn't have to worry about that normally, but then maybe that's why they had the harness and special gear?!? Ah crap!

He took a deep breath and centered himself and tried to let his brain work instead of his hormones. Surely she wouldn't have agreed to fly him if he'd end up with his clothes shredded, would she?

Kei blinked when she got close to Nate. "You look nervous." She whispered. "If... you changed your mind and need the gear let me know... I can also let you borrow a spare drysuit I was carrying around, it's roughly your size since they are quite baggy. I was keeping it in storage in case you or one of the other folks here wanted to fly, but weren't as adaptable as I. You could use it to protect your clothes too. I can attune roughly 300 pounds of person and gear, so... besides withe the stuff on you'll feel like a pilot... well... more like me."

She smiled again, looking more forward to this than originally planned.

Nervous? He wasn't nervous! Then he caught himself starting to slide away from her and froze. Ok, so he was nervous, but not because of what she imagined.

He made himself relax and let his shoulder rest against hers and share the closeness, but his voice was quiet as he replied, "I'm not nervous about the flying part, like I said, I can fly on my own, even if it's pretty pathetic compared to you or Rob. It's enough to keep me from turning into a red smear on the surface of the ocean no matter how badly things might go with the flight." He hesitated before explaining and took a last deep breath before whispering, "I read about what happened to Rob that time he flew too fast before the flight suits... I just started thinking about these being the only clothes I have and was afraid they might be less than effective at mach 12."

He looked at her and raised an eyebrow pleading with her to understand his meaning without having to spell it out. He was doing his best to maintain his cool. He could face down entire gangs of hardcore murderers and rapists in the prison shower and not show the slightest fear, but dealing with a cute girl in a potentially intimate situation was entirely new.

"Don't worry about it. I've discovered actually that the gear makes me feel safe even though I don't need it... sort of a security blanket if you think of it. That... and high-altitude parachuting is ALWAYS fun. Particularly if you do it High Altitude - Low Open style. Nothing like the rush of falling from the edge of the atmosphere and seeing your chute opened at a mere 500 feet. It's so fun. It's like a roller coaster really."

She smiled, putting a hand on Nate's shoulder. For the first time, she was starting to like the guy. "Heck, if you're adaptive, we could partake in my new hobby! Ever tried weather balloon rides? FUNNEST TRIP EVER!"

She leans foreward. Grinning. "Ever."

"I mean floating upward until you see the curvature of the earth... looking up and seeing the balloon expand, hanging from the harness rig... then seeing the balloon pop and you start to fall. That moment when gravity wins... you forget you're a Nova and have that very human rush of adrenaline for a split moment... Of course for us... that would be less than a moment..."

"Best rush ever."

Nate smiled considering the idea. "You know that sounds interesting. I don't have to breath, but I've always wondered if I could leave atmosphere altogether." There was a twinkle in his eyes as he decided to risk it all and flirt some more, "It would be very cold that high up though, we might have to huddle together for warmth."

Not seeing an immediate negative reaction he added, "Maybe we should make the flight tonight a test run?" He wanted to say more, suggest more, but he was just too new at this sort of thing to go further. He waited to see how she would react.

Kei looks... suprised. Now she regrets not thinking of taking a couple helium tanks and some weather balloons and the rig she's set up that is compatible with her parachute rig. She could even adapt it for two... "Oh don't worry about the cold. You'd be suprised how a drysuit and some thermal underwear keeps you happy at that altitude. Since you don't have to worry about air pressure the adaptation is easy. You'll have to vent the suit once in a while since the trapped air in the suit expands like the air in the balloon."

She smiled. "We could consider it a dry run without the weather balloon and you and I could take a look at the Atlantic... then freefall back. I just hope you know how to control your fall so you keep at about terminal velocity. At least if your parachute failed you can simply take it off and fly back."

"So... ready for a dry run then?"

"Uh, yeah. Ready as I'll ever be." He frowned, "I don't think I can bring myself to wear the dry suit though. I've kinda got a thing about wearing other peoples stuff." He couldn't really explain it, it wasn't a phobia, but he definitely had an aversion to wearing other people clothes.

"If we are just going up high and dropping, my stuff should easily survive speeds as slow as terminal velocity. Besides my cloak will billow impressively in the wind." He chuckled. "Mach 12 on the other hand might leave me clothing challenged. Not that that would be so bad, I won't suffer from the elements or anything."

He frowned for a second, "I do need to drop my gear somewhere though, I wouldn't want to risk losing my sabers and computer. Do you have space for me to drop my bag in your room?" He blushed just a touch as he asked that last.

"Actually the suit is a spare... no one owns it. Hell you can keep it after this if you'd like."

May walks up behind Kei... "I... couldn't help listening to your conversations... first shame on you for trying to go off on your own with Nate. But... I think I'm starting to be a good influence... check your room. I had some stuff delivered in care of Connor. I told him it was potentially for some project and since we were out on the atlantic..."

Kei brightens up. "Really? Oh sick deal!"

"Okay Nate, you can ditch your gear in My and May's room. I think we're going to actually do it!"

She grabs Nate's sleeve and guides him to the room. She hadn't paid attention to the large locker-like case, thinking it was a general storage locker, but when she opens it, it is indeed holding enough helium tanks and a large enough weather balloon for two.

"Well... okay, just leave your stuff next to the bed, Nate. The spare drysuit is in the red bag, the spare parachute is in there with a life vest. You can put the suit on over your robes easy."

"I so wanna show you this... I think we'll be able to see the lights of the east coast before our ride pops."

She smiles... the thought of floating up to 100,000 feet again exited her.

Kitty watched as Jedi and Kei raced off together. That seemed like a good idea to her, but Connor was into being a responsible host to everyone, and not just her. It was just like him to be that way, which reminded her of why they’d broken up in the first place. He sometimes seemed to put other people ahead of her, and though he did it for good reasons, it didn’t help her feel like she’d been second to him. Granted, that was second behind charities and saving people, but that hadn’t helped Kitty.

“Well, they may want to take to the air, but I’m going swimming.” Kitty rose from the deck chair she’d been lounging in, nodding to the others who had joined her. “Come on everyone, go get your swimsuits on – and Rob, take off that handcuff!”

The blonde bombshell glanced at her former beau, planting her hands on her hips. “You too, mister! Strip down and get in the water!” It was time for some fun!

"I love women who know how to take charge!" Rob declared extravagantly, clutching his hands to his heart and gazing moon-eyed in Kitty's direction. The utterly vapid look of adoration was enough to make Ming giggle behind her hand, and Rob shot her a wink. Kitty was trying to look stern in the face of Rob's assault of goofiness, though the others present were all in various states of open amusement. The cuff *clicked* and drifted up into the air, where he grabbed it and shoved it into one of his coat pockets.

"The firm hand approach seems to yield the best results." Mariposa noted, pretty lips quirking wryly.

"Definitely." Rob nodded, his expression sober. "A firm hand always gets good results. As long as they're not cold." He was so in apparent earnest that it took a split second for the others to realise the innuendo, by which time he was already bending down and tugging off his pirate boots. "Karrie will be waking up fairly soon, if past experiments with her foul muck are accurate references. No need for me to go and change though," he went on as he straightened, tearing off what transpired to be velcro-fastened breeches to reveal lime-green leopard-print swimming shorts. "Behold my pre-preparedness, ye mighty!" he went on as he shucked his coat and pulled off his t-shirt.

"Boooring!" Kitty said with a laugh. "No speedos!?"

"Modesty issues." Rob didn't miss a beat. "They're under these, but I need to be a whole lot more drunk."

"Why do you wear two swimming trunks?" Ming Xao asked curiously.

"Because I'm going swimming in the same grid reference as Karrie. Karrie-infested waters have a tendency to make men's swim-shorts disappear if she gets bored." Rob deadpanned. He glanced at Mech and Grimm, Nate having wandered off with Kei. "You've been warned, bros." With that, Rob gave a whoop and took a running dive off the side of the boat.

Connor nodded. "Then I'll be back momentarily." His clothes were in the master suite he'd given to the girls, With no one around he changed quickly, eschewing the shirt, and folding his clothes to put them back in the travel bag he'd brought. Once things settled down, he'd move his things to one of the footlockers so he wouldn't disturb the ladies later.

He smiled glad he'd thought to turn on his surprise, something he'd added for this trip. Industrial strength heaters, since the water was nominally very cool, would give them about fifty feet around the yacht to swim in. The seas for once wre very calm, so they wouldn't be moving, it wouldn't be real warm only about seventy four degrees at most, but it was better than risking hypothermia for those who couldn't handle it, and worth the not insignificant costs.

He stepped onto the back deck and nodded. "Does this meet with approval?" He was cleanshaven again, argueably the request of another movie producer, but still his body was perfectly toned and proportioned. He was the living epitome of an attractive man, and he smiled first to Kitty, then to Mariposa and Ming, his gigawatt smile giving just the right touch to how he currently looked.

"I have a little surprise for you all, The water would normally be cold, but I acquired some heaters before I had the Yacht brought up, and if everything's working as expected the water should at least be seventy degrees within fifty feet of the yacht."

When Connor returned, Mariposa collected Ming and went below to change. When they were out of earshot, Ming asked, “Is Mr. Telluris always like that?”

“I think so,” Mari said with a smile. She rather liked the young man; he was a pleasant change from the serious men she usually met with her charities. From what she knew of him, he was a giving man. He’d put his life on the line in the earthquake and she’d never heard anything negative about him. His reputation suggested that he was fairly immature but Mari could have tolerated that had he been Catholic. Like her position with Connor, it was a shame that he wasn’t of the faith. And of course, he was already taken. “And I think he wants you to call him Rob.”

“I know. I cannot. It is too familiar for such an esteemed man!” Ming seemed to realize that her stance was unwelcome because she giggled. Suddenly she paused. “Did you hear moaning?”

Mariposa frowned as she realized they were outside the room that Karrie and Rob had claimed. “I’ll just check on Karrie,” she said to Ming as she tapped on the door. Another moan was her answer and, truly concerned, the Mexican doctor opened the door. “Karrie?” she called in her lightly accented voice.

“I’m fine.” The groan from the huddled form on the bed made Mari smile ruefully.

“Hangover?”

“Yeah. I think the rocking is making it worse.” Karrie’s voice was rough; she’d already thrown up once right after waking up.

“May I?” At Karrie’s nod, Mari placed her cool hands on the native woman’s forehead. Watching from the door, Ming smiled, still amazed by her guardian’s power to heal.

A moment later, Karrie relaxed. “Thank you,” she said sincerely. “I owe you.”

“You owe me nothing,” Mari assured her. The beautiful woman’s smile was sincere. “All I ask of you is to pass on kindness.” Her somber smile deepened and became fun-filled. “And to come swimming with us.”

“Deal.” Karrie was already rising. “I’ve got a new bikini to show off anyway.”

Ten minutes later all three women were back on deck, dressed to go swimming. Ming was wearing a red one-piece suit, as chaste as modern suits could be. Mari was dressed similarly in a white while seemed dingy next to her snow-white wings. It was Karrie’s suit that stole the show. First, she was wearing a bikini, despite the fact that Rob had heard her dismissing them before. Second, it was a custom-made bikini, crafted to Karrie’s specifications using DSA equipment. Optimus Prime’s eyes looked out at the world from her chest; had there been more clothing, his entire face would have been displayed but Karrie was not that well endowed. Her bottoms were blue, with the Autobot logo blazoned across her ass. There was more than enough room across her backside for that. I hope Connor likes these, otherwise I have embarrassed myself and shaved some very tender parts of myself for no good reason.

Kei turns around expecting Nate to be there, but he slinked off.

"Damn... maybe... maybe I was coming on too hard... Oh well, my stunt can happen later... maybe a sunrise flight..."

She digs around her bag until she finds a one-piece blue swimsuit. She puts it on and grabs the rescue swimmer life vest that originally she was going to have Nate wear and heads back out on the deck to join everyone else.

She was going to have fun no matter what this evening.

Connor was actuallystanding behind her when she emerged onto the deck her dark skin accented by what fabric there was of the bikini covering what it did. The Autobot insignia made him smile and sparked his interest, given what his big private project was at the moment. As she turned arouns he had to admit, Karrie wasn't unattractive, but she wasn't quite in the same league as Mari and Kitty. Still Prime's azure blue eyes looking at him from her bust, and he smiled his best most sun-rivalling smile. It is too bad she ss with Rob, he mused inwardly. Still we could be friends.

He nodded. "I love that suit on you Karrie, very daring and you really pull it off nicely. Optimus was always my favorite, like most people." His tone was warm and friendly, clearly she intrigued him.

He looked to Mariposa and smiled. "Your style has changed so little in the time I've known you. You make even the simplest onepiece look amazing Mari, I mean it." Looking to Ming he nodded. "Ming, that suit looks very good on you too. I'm glad Mariposa and you planned ahead." He didn't really know her, so he was trying to make her feel welcome as with any other guests. The Men aside from Connor and Rob, weren't coming it seemed. To connor that was their loss. he thought about Rob's warning and smiled as he looked at Kitty, It wouldn't be the first time someone had pantsed him in the water, Kitty did it using her tail at least twice.

Nate had taken the opportunity to slip off from Kei in order to find a cabin to put his bag in. What he found empty was a small cabin with a single twin bed mounted to the wall and built in cabinets all made from rich woods and designed with space issues and convenience in mind. He unslung the bag from over his shoulder and unclipped the pair of lightsabers from his belt and placed them in the bag. He wasn't likely to be needing them on the ship and he didn't want to go swimming with them which was surely going to happen sooner or later. They wouldn't be harmed by the salt water, but there was no sense in taking them and they would get in the way in free-fall or in the water afterwards. While he was at it he removed his cloak and hung it in the wardrobe.

He looked at his jedi cloths in the mirror that hung inside the door of the wardrobe. Not bad, he thought, For someone who doesn't know squat about making clothing. Still, he would need to get more stuff as soon as this little trip was over. He was still thinking about that and whether or not he should leave his boots in the cabin too when he heard the girls in the hallway talking about swimming. The cabins were fairly sound proofed, but he did have excellent hearing, better than a normal persons at least, and suddenly the idea of swimming sounded infinitely more interesting than free-falling from orbit.

He frowned as he started removing his brown and tan clothing. The flight had started out sounding so interesting... flying body to body with a girl with at 12 times the speed of sound. It couldn't help but be intimate, but then Kei had kept pushing the extra gear at him and then changed plan to the free fall thing where they would not only be wearing heavy gear, but wouldn't even be clinging to each other. He sighed, he had thought at first that she might have been interested in some fun, but she either wasn't, or she was so obsessed with the activity itself that she was completely failing to see the possibilities. Either way it didn't do much for his ego, but he reminded himself that he wasn't a skinny pimple-faced sci-fi geek anymore as she stripped down to his shorts. They were brown like his clothes and made of solid enough material that they would work as well as swim trunks as the real thing, and they were long, almost to his knees so except that they were brown no one would know they weren't actually trunks.

He looked in the mirror one last time and ran a nervous hand through his hair. It was a movie star's body he was looking at, and action hero's body at that, but compared to Conner and some of the others he was still outclassed, but he was who he was and there was nothing he could do about it. He closed the wardrobe and sighed, resigned to not be noticed by the girls with guys like Connor and that Aussie around.

After a deep breath he left the cabin and headed up to the deck, he'd have to apologize to Kei for abandoning the flight idea for now, but she obviously wasn't interested in him any way so he was sure she wouldn't take it too hard.

Stepping out onto the deck he came to a dead stop for a second his eyes almost assaulted by the women in their bikinis. It was one thing to read about how incredible novas were in the looks department, it was entirely another thing to have them less than 20 feet from him in skin tight and skimpy bathing suits. He had to look away quickly lest he utterly embarrass himself. Looking to Conner and Rob but addressing everyone he asked, "You guys mind if I join you?"

Kei smiled, finally seeing Nate again. But she said nothing... if anything she made him nervous, and she thought for now to give him room to breathe.

She walked over to where the rails were open and hopped into the water warmed by the ship. It wasn't necessary, but she appreciated it.

"Hey, it's everyone's water, join in!" She shouts up to Nate.

She decides to tug on a lanyard and inflate her vest, and she leans back to lounge out. "I'm just relaxing. Nevermind me."

May had changed into a nicer number, she knew that the waters would be warmed, and she wasn't a adapter like Kei was. "Kei... just make sure you keep an eye on me in case I enter the colder water area."

"Oh... right... Just don't get too careless... surprised you're not pulling the drysuit out."

May sighed as she jumps in. "Says the Nova that doesn't have to worry about drowning wearing the life vest."

Kei sighs. "Please... I'm actually just trying to relax. It's been a hairy year for me."

Karrie practically glowed at Connor’s compliment. “Thanks!” she all-but squeaked. It was worth it. It was worth the hours of programming and planning; worth the hassle of shaving portions of her she’d never dreamed of bringing near a razor. It had even been worth the embarrassed fear of rejection when she’d walked on deck. “I made it myself.”

“Really?” Connor took another look, which was no hardship for him. “It looks professionally made.”

Karrie’s grin was threatening to crack her face. “Yeah. I can make you one. Will, not a bikini. Unless you want one for someone else. Or I guess you… but that’s weird.” You are babbling. You were doing well. Leave them wanting more! She turned and walked to the edge of the boat. Rob was cavorting in the water; he paused and looking up at her. “Nice, huh?” she asked, spreading her arms and posing.

Without letting him answer, she dove off the side. Under the warm, salty water, she turned about and came up, her dark hair breaking the ocean waves as she came up grinning. Rob was floating just in front of her, and Karrie whispered, “He likes it.” Over the sound of the water, Rob was the only one who could hear her. Pure delight shone in her dark eyes as she sought to share her joy with her friend.

"Of course he does." Rob whispered back with a smile. "You look great." Before Karrie could process that, he stage-leered in a typically Rob-like fashion. "It's made me look at Prime in a whole new way, I'll say that."

"Perv." Karrie splashed an armload of water into that grinning face so he wouldn't see her pleased blush. "I notice you got into the water real quick. Wearing the leopard-print Speedos?"

"Regular trunks." Rob declared as he wiped water from his eyes. "The Speedos are being held in reserve. But I might ask you to make a pair of Decepticon Speedos for me." As Karrie paused a microsecond to consider that, he splashed her in return and, ducking under the water, made a getaway while she sputtered.

Kitty waited quietly for the brown-skinned girl to quit flirting with Connor and go pay attention to her boyfriend. When the native woman darted off, Kitty slipped to Connor’s side. She didn’t miss the quick look that Mariposa gave them, the pretty Mexican’s face expressionless as she guided Ming over to the ladder. Kitty might have despaired that everyone wanted Connor, but if she lived with that mindset, she’d never feel anything other than despair.

“So, are we going to try this water, or are you going to watch other women’s bikinis?” she asked, her tone teasing. Men were men and would watch women. However, Kitty wasn’t going to just let it ride without some comment. She clasped his upper arm lightly with her hand, knowing just the right way to touch him.

He nodded to Nate. "Join in it should be good and warm." When Kitty moved to his sixe, her touch sent a nearl electric thrill through him, and he smiled. "Oh you know, we boys will be boys Kitty." He gave her an exaggerated leer. "You look stunning as always. I'm really glad you were able to come out with us tonight."

He smiled mischievously, and without further preamble jumped into the water, dragging Kitty along with him. There was a loud splash as the two of them hit the water followed by Connor's laughter.

"Seesh, with this much commotion, I bet people would think we were abandoning ship or something." Kei says, lazily floating about, looking at the stars from her reclined position. Something in her yearned to be up there. To her, the sky was not the limit, the limit was the very firmament of the heavens. She swims back into the colder water, not caring one iota as to it's temperature. She closed her eyes, thinking... clearing her mind.

She remembered the rescue mission on Christmas eve and all it brought. The understanding she had of the human condition and how fragile people were. Out in that storm, huddled with someone she barely knew. She opened her eyes and swam back into the warmth around Connor's ship.

"I'm... sorry I'm not much fun, Connor... perhaps I'm just stressed out lately. I've been working my afterburners off."

Karrie had just gotten the water out of her eyes when Connor and Kitty created a new splash, throwing water up and over her again. Coughing, Karrie squinted through salt water at the inhumanly attractive couple, feeling that sinking sensation that she was fighting a war she had no chance of winning. Kitty surfaced and tossed back her hair, which arched in the sunlight like a Disney mermaid's hair. Perfect. Divine. Painfully beautiful. There were a lot of other adjectives that Karrie could throw in there, but she was feeling bad enough already. She was here to have fun, not be depressed. Of course, she'd be having a lot more fun if Kitty weren't here.

Fuck it. I'll fucking make my own fun. "JEDI!" Karrie's voice carried over the water with surprising force when she cupped her hands around her mouth and bellowed. "Getcher ass in the water! We're about to start the Nerd-Off!" Removing her hands, she added to the group in the water, anyone can join in. Rules are easy. Someone poses a question to someone else. If they answer, they get to pose a question to someone else. If you miss three questions, you're out. Last man standing gets bragging rights. Or until we get bored and wander off to do something else. Whichever is first."

Kei swims over and hands a pair of swimming goggles to Karrie. "Here... I don't need them." She says as she bobs in the water. "Also... I'm in. Let's do this."

May smiled. "Good luck, Kei."

"Oh... I'm not just a short, ill-tempered combat Nova, May."

May giggled as Kei crossed her arms over her vest and attempted a "seated" position while floating. "Okay... who gets to start, or are we rolling initiative?"

“I’m actually good.” Karrie politely declined the goggles. The salt might sting her eyes, but she didn’t mind the feel of nature being… nature. Yes it was unpleasant, but that was the way saltwater was. It felt weird to be in the water wearing so little. She felt almost naked, just because so much of her was exposed.

“Rolling initiative is good, but given that we don’t have floating dice, I suggest we just start alphabetically. Connor, pick a question and a victim.” Karrie gave the handsome man a wide grin.

I suggest we gloss past the back and forth and just do one Int+Academics roll to see how well people do.

May swam over, with... Kei's d20?!

"May... I thought I left that at home..."

"No, thought since we'd be going to the party here I thought we'd need a beach-ball... this was all you had so..."

Kei happily grabbed it and leaned against it.

"Thanks, May. This helps me think..." She says, seemingly mindlessly bobbing there.

Kei starts using random subjects out of her head. Not of any one theme.

[Kamiko] 11:22 pm: [Kamiko] 12:10 am: last die mega 5 Int, 3 Aca, 1 MInt

Kamiko *rolls* 9d10: 9+4+2+7+9+5+2+1+8: 47

[Carver] 12:10 am: 5

[Kamiko] 12:10 am: 5 Sux.

Kitty tried. She really did. But most of the time, she had no idea what these people were talking about. Connor seemed to get a lot of it. Kitty was really lost most of the time; half the subjects seemed familiar but had different meanings; the rest were just incomprehensible.

Still, it was fun, in a way. Mostly it was fun because she was with Connor again, and he was having fun. There were all the women making eyes at him, but that was all right. She was pretty sure he was making eyes only at her. Of course, so were the rest of the men – and some of the women.

Kitty’s roll:

Roll: [2, 1, 5] + mega [2]. Total Successes: 0. :/

Archived