[OpNet] QNA

Sandcaster

Here is something I have to ask...Are you defined by your sexuality? I by no mean am someone to judge who you sleep with or why. It is not my place to say what you do in your bedroom is right or wrong... It comes down to this, if you put a big sign on your chest saying you this way, and then complain that people treat you that way, please do not bug me.

Before you get all up in arms about me being a bigot, I am not. i just think that the gender of who you wish to sleep with is about important to the public as if you like to pretend to be pilgrims and Indians in bed.Or in other words, have sex with whom ever you want, however you want, you just do not need to shove it down my throat.

I take it, Alice, that you failed to see the press release. If so, I'll quote the pertinent bit for you:

Quote:
I really don't have a great deal to say on this issue that my actions today do not state for me, other than that I hope to see the cause of LGBT rights continue to advance around the globe. In far too many places, people are openly and legally persecuted for their sexual orientation or gender identity; I sincerely hope that by continuing in my role as team leader of the Windy City Knights at the end of my current leave-of-absence, I can provide some small measure of hope for positive change.
I hope that explains my reasons to your satisfaction.

Alice Good, I need to explain something in the spirit of making the world a smarter place.

When gay people mention they're gay, they're cramming it down everyone's throat, right?

Then what is it when every single advertisement for perfume in every single magazine features erotic depictions of a woman and a man?

Trust me, the world crams its not-gayness down my throat 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I'm sorry, how many "diamond engagement ring" commercials do you see that feature one man popping the question to another? None. How many do you see that feature opposite-sex couples? All of them. This preference for opposite-sex as the only "normal" state of being pervades every corner of our culture. It is impossible to escape it. And it's not just advertising. It's in popular entertainment, the everyday assumptions that straight people make when they meet strangers, the wording of the laws on the books, the wording of the forms that companies use, and so on. At every turn, I don't have to look for evidence that the world is run by and for people who are not like me and don't want to think about me. It's so pervasive that it's impossible to avoid it.

If I dare to mention my own preference with my one voice against the global chorus of straightness, the least you can do is not make me out to be the one with an agenda.

Okay?

And the same could be said of bondage, chubby chasers, many of people who dream of me...That is not the point. In any culture, you will have minorities. These will be different from everyone else in some way, but staying that you are gay doesn't take dressing up like a school girl if you happen to be a 300 pound man.(I have seen it in a few of the pride parades.) I was simply asking this...Is your sexuality truly your one defining trait? Are you a lesbian and then a person or are you a person who happens to be lesbian? See the difference?

How could you have possibly read what I wrote and then gone on to post a reply which misses the point so badly?

I'm done talking to you. You're not going to get it. Enjoy your straight world, straight person. It's all yours, after all.

Hey Alice, I think you're missing a point. It ain't the individuals that define themselves by whom they fuck, it's the bigoted motherfuckers out there who define gays by who they fuck. They're the sumbitches that say "Oh, you like hammering other guys in the chocolate starfish? Well, then you're evil. You shouldn't be able to teach, marry, be a parent, serve your country, kiss in public, be acknowledged or go to heaven." It's the bigots who make it such a big fucking deal. Folks like Sandcaster and Girl are just trying to make it in the world.

Damn, it's not every day a teenager let's loose about feelin' persecuted in such a carefully thought out way.

Crying shame our own education system isn't kickin' out kids as smart as this one, American kids just keep on gettin' dumber and dumber...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam Grey:
Damn, it's not every day a teenager let's loose about feelin' persecuted in such a carefully thought out way.

Crying shame our own education system isn't kickin' out kids as smart as this one, American kids just keep on gettin' dumber and dumber...
Go Canada!

That wan't something I just thought up. It's taken from a persuasive speech assignment I did in my public speaking class last year. Thanks, though. smile

I dunno what exactly to say that'll sound supportive and heartfelt and not pig-ignorant, myself, so I'll just say that I think Sandcaster made the right choice, even if it must have been a tough one.

Also, Sandcaster: Mitch thinks you're cute.

He hastens to add that you're not as cute as me so HA HA HA!

I'M CUTER THAT YOU-OU!

NEENER NEENER NEENER!

Oh fuck me, why can't we all get alone. I'm not gay, I'm not shoving it down anybody throats.

Sandcaster likes to sleep with chicks...she's not shoving it down my throat.

Everbody with complaints about the situation, just shut the hell up. Stop shoving that shit down my throat.

Quote:
Originally posted by Girl Made of Titanium:
At every turn, I don't have to look for evidence that the world is run by and for people who are not like me and don't want to think about me. It's so pervasive that it's impossible to avoid it.
Join the club wink I'm not trying to be contentious, but that is one of the central tenets behind the origins of the Teragen. Forget all the media hype fed by pretentious would-be 'supervillains' that seem to be everywhere wearing a Teragen t-shirt these days. The origins of the movement can be found in that simple statement.

Preaching over.

Congratulations on a well-formulated response, GMoT.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go put on my nomex underroos in preparation for the inevitable flames.

Quote:
How could you have possibly read what I wrote and then gone on to post a reply which misses the point so badly?

I'm done talking to you. You're not going to get it. Enjoy your straight world, straight person. It's all yours, after all.
It is simple, I look at all the things I see. I never said I wasn't a lesbian or that I was straight. Most of my friends call me not picky. I did however note that you forgot to count the lack of Jewish, Muslim, Hindu etc.. characters and or moral code in adds, shows or movies.

That being said you wish to sleep with girls. Go for it. You wish to sleep with men go for it. You are lesbian, and I will not try to change that.I will not say it is evil or wrong.. I would suggest that you do not make the only trait in your character of note and not let that one part of your life take over the rest of your life. You are a person who shouldn't be able to fit into a simple cliche. Lesbian nova.

Quote:
Originally posted by Procyon:
Quote:
At every turn, I don't have to look for evidence that the world is run by and for people who are not like me and don't want to think about me. It's so pervasive that it's impossible to avoid it.
Join the club . (. . .) The origins of the movement can be found in that simple statement.
Sir:

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandcaster:
While straight allies can and do join LGBT organizations, I'm a lesbian, Edward. It took me a long time to admit that, even to myself, but that's who I am, and I'm not going to hide it any longer.
Congratulations Sandcaster. I'm glad to see anyone taking a positive step to live thier life openly and without recrimination.

Archived