Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - Finding a Way [5.1]

Quantum Fire

Time Period: A few days after launching the Primus

Several days into the launch, as folks get used to the moving ship and a routine was developed, allow folks to find their way into the workings of the ship. Alexandra was the ship's creator and captain, which traditionally meant that she was in charge, or at least the final authority while aboard her ship.

It was however, at this point, when the ship next surfaced to connect to the surface and find out what was going on, when Sophia Rouseau sent a message of sorts, though several cutouts, and carefully encrypted though Traveler knew the key and was able to unencrypted it and play it back for everyone aboard.

Hello, I hesitated a moment to contact you folks about this, but a problem of sorts has developed, and I am hoping that you folks may be able to step in. In what appears to be a change of tactics, a group of mother hunters have taken to capturing several breeders and their children, It is a a rather sudden change, and I have reasons to suspect why it's happening. I think some sort of brainwashing and genetic alteration is what is going on, and after asking one of the clairvoyants I know about it, he confirmed that's some of what's going on. If they can't eliminate the 2nd generation, recruiting and sterilizing them may be the next choice, with a telepath it may even be something they can do quickly.. I am moving on this almost immediately, but I have three locations that need to be hit.. and I can only hit 2 of them with enough capabilities to be sure we can stop this.. here are the locations, I am hitting these two in exactly 12 hours from this time stamp.. if you want to help, please hit the other one.. if you can't.. let me know... and I'll try another tactic.....

Thank you.. Sophia Rousseau..

P.S. This could be a trap to try and bring us out into open confrontation, or to catch folks like you working in the shadows, so I won't blame you at all if you don't want to get involved.

The time stamp on it reads 9 hours ago, and the location she indicated she wanted you folks to strike is on the northern edge of India leaving you folks 3 hours to decide to act.. or not.

"Of course it's a trap."

Maia shook her head. "Doesn't mean we shouldn't help."

She looked around, knowing there would likely be a menagerie of opinions on this, but at least one of her siblings was likely to agree.

"Damn straight, we help," Butch said. "We just need to make sure we don't get got."

He paused for a moment. Neurons in his brain started firing. All his studies for the past few weeks left him feeling well-prepared for an eventuality like this. Sun Tzu was speaking in the background. Patton stepped forward in his mind with Rommel right next to him. Che Guevara made his voice heard. Pursuer's take on Sub Saharan Brushfire Nova Wars flashed across a screen in his brain...

Now he'd need everyone's help.

"We're a pretty sharp group here, so I'm sure we can come up with a solution. First, we need as much intel on this site as we can muster in a short time to help us decide if and when we strike. Alex, what can you find out for us. Any intel we can beg, borrow, or steal is helpful. Can you tap some satellites to get us real time data? Maybe even scan footage from the area for the past 24 hours and get an idea of what's been moving in and out of the area. If you can't do it from the sub, maybe we get somewhere else to tap in maybe even just for safety reasons. Warren, maybe you can sneak a peak into the past for this stuff, too, but I'm not too sure still on what you can and can't pull off.

"On that note, Warren, Pip, what's the verdict on Moonbase-Whatever-we're-gonna-call-it. Is it viable? If there are folks that need extraction, we need somewhere safe to store them. And we need to make sure that they ain't any kind of threat. If there are telepaths messing with their minds and gene-freaks freaking with their DNA, we probably don't want them in Primus or the Island. Worst comes to worst we send them to the moon and then let Rousseau sort it out if this is her op.

"I think we're gonna need as many Nodes as we can spare out there in the field. Y'all know I'm in, but we need to figure on who we have to work with out there. Pip, I know action ain't your thang, but it might be damn useful to have a telepath of our own out there in the field. If not, maybe you hang on the moon and wait for a drop off, get yourself psyched or whatever and be ready to act quick. As many as we can is for the best. We can trust Aunt Serenity to keep an eye on the kids and Primus if we need to."

He worked hard to keep the drawl his dad left him with under wraps, but the more excited he got, the more it came out. He continued:

"Cora, you're probably best as our scout on the ground and I'm sure you'll be with us. Eyes and ears first then you lay an unholy smackdown like you did last time out. Me and Maia are probably best as in-fighters, but I'm versatile when I need to be. I can toss some Bioheat or throw up a shield or even just sap some strength from enemies from a distance or Rot their asses if it comes to it. Maia can crack some skulls and look good doing it. Marina, your water control will work real well from a distance from what I know. Water shields, water blasts, sucking the H2O out of a fool when need be. Definitely want your blue eyes with us. Alex, given what I saw of you're new abilities, you're one deadly lil' thang, whether from a distance or up close and personal. I'd love to have you with us. Darrik, you're shadows and dark matter or whatever you call it is good from a distance, yeah? I think you can probably form some shields if need be, or you could work in the dark and cause some havoc on the flanks or in the enemy's backfield. Plus, I think you can extract some of us as necessary. Warren, you too, buddy. And I know you've been itching to cause a ruckus. I'll bet your sun dive left you with some neat tricks. Your our warp-wheels, doors in-and-out, moon-and-back, Primus-to-wherever, when we need ya.

"And Maia, Cora, Marina...y'all are known faces out there thanks to your modeling. As cheesy as it might sound, we need ourselves some masks. Keep our enemies in the dark on us as much as possible. I'm planning something simple. Even just a black ninja-esque ol' thang with eye holes.

"Hellfire," Butch said, rubbing the back of his head and took a breath. "Sorry about all that, but I'm a bit amped up, y'all. Start shooting me down or changing my ideas as necessary."

"Your basics are sound," Alex hmphed as she lolled in the captain's chair. "Hacking sat data's iffy, since it'll depend what was overhead, and what it was looking at. I can do us one better though. I'll whip up a recon drone and have it loiter overhead relaying telemetry to the sub. We won't have to surface, but we'll have to come shallow so the comm buoy can be deployed."

"As for the region...north India borders Nepal, so depending on exact coordinates we're looking at high altitude, cold, and remote. Ideal conditions for an ambush, sadly. We'll have to fly in or warp in. I think our best bet is to warp in to high ground nearby the target, get eyes on the ground assess the situation, then work out an extraction plan from there. I'll hit the maps and find a good target site."

Darrik rubbed his chin speculatively before deciding to offer something. "I do have something currently unrevealed that I should offer. Quantum signatures... they're like a nova's shadow. Quantum shadows at that, but I can manipulate them." The words would be unsettling of course, but he added breezily, "the effects I have in mind last only several hours, but I can provide Pip with her own personal defensive capabilities and grant other advantages we might need for certain roles. Oh, and I think I can ensure that the protection of identities... does it's job."

"Sounds good, Cap'n," he said, nodding at Alex. "Get a drone going the sooner the better. I think that'll be a huge help. Only reason I suggested the satellites was to see if there was footage we could get from the past day or so to see what's been moving into and out of the area. If you have any other suggestions to get us that intel, drop some mega knowledge on us."

He looked over at Darrik, stopping for a moment to consider the ramifications of this new power of his. "How can you keep our identities under wraps? I'm interested. And any advantages you can give any of us are welcome."

Warren said, "The Moon is set up well enough for the short term. There's air, we can move food up there after the fact. I can hop around in time to scout things out a few hours ago, but if I do that, then I was there. I suggest hopping forward in time, say twenty minutes before we attack and then I'll stay there for fifteen. Then I'll come back and let us know what will be there."

Epiphany bites her lower lip as she listens before taking a deep breath, "I'll be there. You're right, with a possible enemy telepath, I'll need to be there. We won't have tons of time with the full network. When we go in I'll have both the thought and emotion shield up. I'll drop the emotion shield after things get started unless we get hit by an empath. Then I can put up the mental intuition. Basically, it stretches my passive scanning through everyone and lets us anticipate threats from other thinking beings. Won't help against automated gun turrets, but it would give us a warning about guards. If we need to I can put up the skill share. We havn't used that one much at all, but it lets any of us borrow skill knowledge from anyone else, like Alex's knowledge of computers, Butch's tactics, anything like that. But keeping those up will be a drain. If I end up having to do much else in the mental lifting department I might have to drop everything but the shield. There's no way I'm dropping the telepathic shield, there's too much potential for nastiness there. I still don't really understand all the changes that came with apotheosis, but I can still use my holograms to keep myself obscured so that will at least help. Remember folks, if anyone drops the network for any reason, it shatters for everyone, so we need to try and avoid that. Even if you feel yourself being mentally assaulted, keep the network up, I'll work defenses through it, if it goes down, we all are so very much more vulnerable. The moon will work for the moment, though I think the oxygen generator will need more fuel pretty quickly. I . . . I'm rambling again. I don't love the idea of charging in, but I think we need to do it." Taking another deep breath, Pip falls silent, having said what she felt needed saying and more. She just hoped they would all come out of this in one piece.

Darrik smiled lightly to Butch. "Just make the masks first. And nobody take them off during the mission. It's hard to explain, and we are better off planning the overall mission. I can do the infiltration and chaos part very well. There's always creating an army of my constructs and using them as a numbers booster too. We'll take Pip's words into account, thank you. When we almost ready to go and have the masks on, I'll do the identity shield and boosting Pip's natural damage resistance. If anyone else has some requests for boosted powers or new ones, tell me now, and I'll do those at the same time."

Cora didn't say anything as Butch and the other siblings unwrapped the plan. It sounded like a good plan, and she was fine with the role proposed for her, but... "If you need me as eyes on the ground, blending in is better than an Elite's disguise," she offered before her post-apothesis good looks softening first into a mirror of Marina's and then further into an anonymous 17-year old girl from any crowd on the european continent, complete with lack of the young metamorph's distinctive Tells of voice and black schlera, "And I can manage that I think. Among other things when the fighting brakes out."

The stranger with their sister's mannerisms chuckled grimly into one hand, the first such sign of happiness since one of them had managed to persuade her out of her room in the wake of her Apothesis, "Honestly? If these Mother Hunters use the same or even triple the level of force as the last kill team we fought, the hardest part might be getting the children out okay without getting ourselves plastered all over the Opnet. If we can do a teleport and grab quickly off the bat, we should. Less chance for them to pull any tricks that can turn the tide."

Copycat and then Ms. Nobody. Chee. Edit: Modded for Rainbow Room aftershocks.

If anyone else has some requests for boosted powers or new ones, tell me now, and I'll do those at the same time."
Warren shook his head, he was barely in control of his powers as it was.

"If you need me as eyes on the ground, blending in is better than an Elite's disguise," she offered before her post-apothesis good looks softening first into a mirror of Marina's and then further into an anonymous 17-year old girl from any crowd on the european continent, complete with lack of the young metamorph's distinctive Tells of voice and black schlera, "And I can manage that I think. Among other things when the fighting brakes out."

"Honestly? If these Mother Hunters use the same or even triple the level of force as the last kill team we fought, the hardest part might be getting the children out okay without getting ourselves plastered all over the Opnet. If we can do a teleport and grab quickly off the bat, we should. Less chance for them to pull any tricks that can turn the tide."

Warren commented, "That reminds me, we should take any bodies and Warp them 40 light years away. Post-cognition will be a problem... I wonder... I'd think that a strong enough temporal manip could deliberately screw around with time just to make it harder to see there. Oh, and we should do the same at the site of the last mother hunter team. I go there a few moments after you left, take the bodies, and try to screw around with time so pre and post cognition can't be used."

Warren shifted his eufiber jet black and ninja-like, summoned a flight-surfboard, then set up a group of gates to shunt away any light (Invisibility On). He commented, "Cue the stealthy music", opened a gate past the moon and flew through.

(Over the family link) Let's just see what's there right now. And someone reply to Sophia that we're on the case.

Warren, Butch said, somewhat loudly across the link to make sure he had his attention. He had been massaging his temples as he listened to Warren go off on a tangent. You need to focus on now. Don't worry about the last time we went out. There wasn't much left body-wise anyway. And let's not mess around with time travel too much. The important thing right now is this op. We worry about bodies later. If we create any.

Warren had always been one with trouble focusing, and Butch had seen a slight improvement since the warper's Apotheosis. Still, there were times when he needed a little help focusing, and this was one of those times. Frustration welled just below Butch's surface. He swallowed hard and buried it deep.

Now, he added, slightly more seriously, an edge creeping into his mental voice. Chill. Out. We get actionable intel first then we see about sending you beforehand. I'd rather not run the risk of someone finding out you're there. Visible or not.

Quickly, Butch sat down at a workstation and accessed navigation since no one else was on it. He began the process of bringing Primus to a shallower depth to deploy the comm buoy and to allow for Alex to create and release her drone.

"I'm bringing Primus up to comm buoy depth, Alex," Butch said. "That should allow you to release your drone too if that helps. Or, we have Warren open a warp and send it through. Either way, we're going up. And we should send a brief message to Rousseau. I'm pulling up a recording program now."

He pulled up the program and began the recording. Butch swiveled his chair back around to face the group, his face bearing a quiet, serious expression.

"Madame Rousseau. Message received. Number 3 is ours. Rendezvous at previous meeting point 12 hours from operation jump off for post-op briefing."

He turned around and stopped the recording.

"Anybody have a problem with that message? The less info the better. Warren, we'll send you to Thurso to pick up Madame Rousseau and give her a lift to a safe location for our meet. If we like the message, we encrypt and send it."

Slowly, Butch rubbed each cheek. He looked at each of his siblings for a moment. This felt right. All of his preparation was leading to a moment like this, and he was thrilled the others trusted his judgment on something as big as this. Inside, he felt innerButch indicating an increase in heart rate and oxygen intake. Circulation accelerated and non-essential body functions were ignored. Neural connections in his brain were functioning at maximum efficiency.

As best he could, Butch kept under control outwardly. The last thing he wanted anyone to know was just how excited he was inside. Silently, he hoped he wouldn't burst. No, best to keep things moving, keep everyone focused.

"While we wait for the drone, I want y'all to consider something," he said, pausing for a moment. "We save those who need saving and we snag a bad guy or two. Now, Pip, I know you ain't too keen on pulling info from minds, but in this case I want you to seriously consider it. If not you, then we have to rely on manipulation for some potentially valuable info. At worst, we sit on a fool and turn them over to Rousseau, but then we get second hand goods in return most likely. So, how do y'all feel about interrogation? I've got a pretty good idea already, but I want to hear it from y'all first."

"Harsh interrogation or simple questioning?" Darrik posed to Butch, though it was clear what he meant. "Honestly, I could trip prisoners into spilling their guts out with much less fuss and effort. And less invasive." Given the young man's draw and persuasiveness that naturally swarmed about even when held to more manageable levels, he could probably do it.

"Well," Butch said. "I'd prefer it to be as easy as possible. The important thing is the information we can get. If you can get it smooth as silk, I think that'd be great. I'd rather not have us walk down a dark road, but I just wanted to know how far we're all willing to go. Where do we draw the line before we take a step up to it and have to choose to stand or jump."

Powers in action, the probe was sent out as the sub came up as close as it safely could without being detected near the northeastern side of india and the probe was sent out over the location that they would be acting at soon. It was possible to see something of a complex, newly built around what appeared to be a cave system, with what seemed to be about a dozen nova's, and another two dozen baselines, based on the quantum signatures that the probe was picking up. Overall, this looked like it was going to be a much tougher prospect then the rescue of Zia and Eric..

Alex brought the images from the recon drone up on the big screen in the bridge. A still image of the area appeared, with several darker blotches making regular shapes clustered around the middle.

"Here's what we've got," she said. "The larger rectangles here...and here..." she used a laser pointer to circle the artifacts she was talking about. "Are buildings, probably semi-temporary. At a guess I'd say they're serving as barracks. There's what looks like lookpoint posts on the high ground here...here...and there. Each point has a crew of two. It's likely one's an observer and one's a sniper in each."

"Ground forces are significant. IR showed between thirty-five and forty distinct, human-sized blips. Of those, ten showed up as hotter, implying a faster and more efficient metabolism. Two were colder, which could mean their life processes are running on something other than chemistry. The experimental quantum resonator I included did pick up quantum signatures, confirming that novas are present among the ground forces. Because novas and baselines appear to be working cooperatively, I place a high probability that this is a Proteus site."

She circled a small area of the map. "This small building in the mountainside has a sizable thermal plume. It could be a power source...but I believe it's the entrance and exit to a bunker or fortress cut into the mountainside and probably down. They could have used an old exhausted mining system as the foundation, then just shored it up and added on."

Alex turned off the laser pointer and planted her fists on her hips. "So. Sneaking in the front door is pretty much out. The way I see it, we can either look for another way in, or we can fight."

Warren: we're waiting for the drone and arrival. Don't go off half-cocked and ignoring the plan already. Darrik put out irritatedly.
Warren aborted the moon Warp. He did however add, "And we should watch Sophia in action on her ends... both to see if she fails and what her crew looks like if she succeeds. She may not always be with us."

Warren surveyed Alex's intel and commented, "This is a significant amount of resources for the Project, including a telepath. We definitely want to fight. But we have to get the kids out first, they'll be killed the moment they start lose the base. We need someone to sneak in through the mountain, and we really should find the kids first."

Warren thought a moment then said uncertainly, "I'm not sure... finding a nova kid shielded by a mountain, I haven't tried to push my senses that hard but it might be possible."

"Warren, Darrik," Butch said. "Can either of you get us inside without more intel? I say we insert three of us to get to the captives: Warren or Darrik, Me, and Pip. I can heal the captives, Pip deals with psych and Warren or Darrik are stealth support. The rest will strike the outside. Take out the snipers and then cause a ruckus. This should be smash and grab as much as possible. Thoughts?"

Darrik considered the nature of the intelligence. Could he get inside and handle himself? Yes. Without much attention? Most likely, if the others pulled it off. And Pip? He could definitely help here along. "Keep Warren with the main group if anything goes wrong." He recommended. "Pip I would still take with me. You can learn what it's like to go through walls like I can. And I'll give you more armor so we don't have anything like the Danger Room issue."

"I can disrupt their commuication and any radar they may have," Alex said, "But they will know they're being jammed, so it's best used simultaneously with the assault. It also won't have much effect on non-radio communication. That, I leave to Cora. You sure you don't want me in the base? If they're using computers, I could take control, turn security on the guards and let the kids out all in the same breath."

"Don't forget Marina," Cora commented, "A solid fog bank like last time could do wonders while I start buzzing around chopping up isolated Baselines and the rest of you deal with the Novas."

She paused before finishing, "We need them thinking that the outside group is enough of a threat to focus their defences on, Alex. Besides, if we are talking up to twelve Proteus Mother Hunter Novas and all that back up, we shouldn't underestimate what tricks they can pull too much. Eight to one odds is steep as I'd like to go starting off with, especially considering we can bleed any one of us off to help Darrik's team at any time long as Warren stays out of trouble. They find a computer panel and the outside battle is being won, then you go, but until then I'd feel better with you out there with us. I'm still only somewhat sure how much better I am in direct combat after what happened in the Rainbow Room with Norman and Harmonic."

There was an apoligy in those last words, a quiet sincere one for unintentionally almost ruining things. She, out of all of them. But it was only part of it under the practicality of the situation as the young metamorph saw it.

Warren said, "They will be using computers and we will want them. Having Alex along could mean the guards don't get ordered to kill the kids. That's time you'll need. Speaking of extra time, the stealth team should take a clone along to shift everyone into hyper-time. I'll do the same for the strike team."

Warren pointed a finger at Darrik, then Butch, then Alex and said, "Zap, zap, zap. Say hello to hyper-time."

{Temporal Acceleration activated on those three and himself}

Butch considered what everyone said as quickly as possible. Neurons fired in nanoseconds and the plan continued to develop.

"Alex," Butch said, calmly. "The more people we have outside the better. Hopefully it distracts and leads them to think we're only aware of and interested in the surface. If possible access what you can from outside. If you can cut the power from out there, do it. If we need you inside we'll holler. Sound good?

"Marina, we need you to roll in a shit ton of fog. Pick your targets before hand and open up on them when the weather drops on 'em. Keep moving. Sew as much chaos as possible. Alex jam the bastards as soon as we strike. Hit 'em hard and ugly. Make it loud. Maia, knockover buildings, toss tanks, whatever. Alex, drop some science on these fools. Cora, Marina, Warren, bring the pain. Scare seven shades of shit outta them. If we can scatter the baselines and any weaker novas, we're better off."

He looked at Pip and Darrik. "We beeline as best we can for the captives. Shitfire, Alex if we can't pinpoint the captives then we might need your help sooner rather than later. I'd still like you to be part of the initial strike first though. Just know you're on deck. Darrik, if you can whip up a shadow army inside, do it, but you stick with us. When we find the captives we ship 'em to the moon and deal with 'em later."

He paused again, considering other important details, then continued:

"We're facing multiple hostile novas. No holding back. Anyone left alive comes with us and Darrik gives them a talking to. Thoughts?"

Epiphany watched, listened, thought for a long time. Finally, she spoke. "I'll read someone as soon as we get there. Either get the base layout and location of the kids from that person or get an idea of who I need to read next. It will be the quickest way to get the information we need. Once I have the base layout and location, we should be able to go straight to the kids from where ever we are. Given that Warren's been to the moon base and Darrik hasn't, should Warren be with the extraction team? I don't know how much it matters, but having the experience going there seems like it might be good in the press."

"I'm not thrilled about delving these folks, but it's our best bet to get the information we need as quickly as we can. If I see enough in their minds to be sure the truly are evil, I'm not presuming anything but . . . if they're evil, I might try and dominate whoever I'm reading into turning on whoever they're with. No promises though. I . . . we'll see how things go."

With a heartfelt sigh, "There so many maybes here. The more flexible we plan to be the better. I anticipate all kinds of nastiness. Here's the thing we have to ask ourselves though, what if we're too late? What if the other second gens have already been turned? Then what? Do we take them out or just retreat? Because in circumstances like that, I can't reverse whatever might have been done in the middle of combat. I mean, if we can knock them out and get them someplace secure where I have time to work on undoing what ever was done, maybe they can be saved, but . . . how much do we risk ourselves at that point?"

Pip seems solemn. "I don't want to leave them to a horrible fate, but I'd rather abandon them than risk any of us dying needlessly."

"Scan a nova," Alex suggested. "Proteus will be well aware of telepaths. It's likely none of the baseline soldiers have ever been below ground. Novas will be more likely to have the run of the place. As for what to do if we're too late? Lets cross that bridge if we come to it."

"We're facing multiple hostile novas. No holding back. Anyone left alive comes with us and Darrik gives them a talking to. Thoughts?"
Point made, Warren let hyper-time drop and said, "Yeah, the stealth team could be made before we go in. We're only one team of three, one of Sophia's groups could jump the gun. Or... there could be nothing inside the mountain but a way to catch us. They need to be ready for a serious fight, the inside of the mountain could be larger than the outside."

The look Epiphany directed at Alex was one of exasperated understatement, "Yes, obviously, scan a nova. Presuming there's a nova at hand when we pop in and that he or she isn't shielded. Strangely, I don't manage to register on your scale, but I can think." She sighs, "Sorry, I'm a bit wound up just now with the idea of scanning anyone. I shouldn't take my pique out on you. But I do think we need to discuss the possibility more than putting it off. Something like that could be the difference in us all getting out alive."

Cora chuckled at the exchange and offered Pip a warm look and a grim smile, "Honestly, what can we really plan to do if we're too late to save these people before the Motherhunters... hurt them besides knock them out if they're hostile or heal them if they're hurt? We can't really know until we get someone in there to find them."

"So we go and make the best of it. Catch one another if one of us falls. Run if it turns out to be as bad a trap as it could be. And keep each other updated on the link or by some kind of instant super radio Alex cooks up before team rescue and team violent distraction warp out to their targets," Coraline offered softly as the plan seemed to be jelling into place, looking between her siblings as she lifted off the ground in a buzz of amping quantum and nervous excitement.

Activating Flight and Hyperflight. 73 Quantum left

The look Epiphany directed at Alex was one of exasperated understatement, "Yes, obviously, scan a nova. Presuming there's a nova at hand when we pop in and that he or she isn't shielded. Strangely, I don't manage to register on your scale, but I can think." She sighs, "Sorry, I'm a bit wound up just now with the idea of scanning anyone. I shouldn't take my pique out on you. But I do think we need to discuss the possibility more than putting it off. Something like that could be the difference in us all getting out alive."
Warren asked, "Pip, if I were in orbit and focused on a specific face on the Earth, could you use the image in my mind to find and read theirs?"

Darrik sighed. "Pip, no way to know until we get there. The whole point of this mission is to rescue them before it's too late. Anyway, time for your tune-up, sister, before I forget." Darrik worked on Pip's quantum shadow, and their signatures mixed a little as Darrik boosted hers. "Now you'll be tougher and able to slip notice."

OOC
Quantum Intensification on Pip:

[Jeremy] 2:02 pm: ok.. megas first

Jeremy *rolls* 18d10: 7+8+5+1+2+6+1+10+4+8+10+3+1+3+3+1+3+8

10 sux = 20 conversion dots...

Pip gains: Armor 5 (Impervious), Invisibility 5, Density Decrease 5, 3 dots of Mega-Stamina (bringing her up to 4), Identity Shield enhancement

Butch was surprised at Pip's outburst, but stress could do funny things to a body.

"Pip," Butch said, seriously, "our safety is my prime concern. If we have to bail, well, we get payback the next time. If there's no quick fix on the spot, we shove them through one of Warren's warp doors and deal with them later.

"Warren, you're right about wondering about Rousseau, but we can't control any of that. She called us in and we're doing it our way.

"Darrik, if I can get some stealth abilities, I'd be much obliged.

"Now," he said, "Everyone cool? I need you cool. Y'all ready to bring the blood and thunder?"

He smiled, hoping he'd calm some frayed nerves. The confidence coming from the young nova was palpable...

Epiphany sighs and nods, "Yeah, okay. Off the cuff it is. We fly 'on a string and a prayer' or something." She turns to Warren, "I have no idea. I've never tried to read anyone I couldn't see directly and I have no idea what seeing someone through the network would do to the network or the person I was pulling the reading through. I don't think it's something we want to experiment with right now and if I ever was willing to try it I would want it to be with two willing people that I know well enough to put back together if something goes wrong."

Well done and nice plans folks..

2 Standard XP.. 1 Baseline XP and 1 Nova XP to everyone...

(This thread now shifts to the mountain rescue threads.. if folks want to make further last minute plans.. you'll need to make them there.. but plans made, this thread has served its purpose)

OOC
Quantum Intensification on Butch before we go:
Jeremy *rolls* 18d10: 4+9+6+10+7+1+6+8+10+5+2+9+9+5+2+2+6+8
13 sux = 26 converted dots
Butch gets Mega Appearance 1 (Identity Shield), +4 dots of Mega-Strength, +4 dots of Mega-Dexterity, +4 dots of Armor, +3 dots of Disintegration, and Invisibility 5 and Density Decrease 5.

To save time: Krul lets me give 12 sux on each roll. 24 dots per person. :D

Maia: Mega Wits 3 (Multitasking, Quickness), Durability Enhancement, Hardbody Enhancement, Resiliency Enhancement x1, Bruised Health Levels x16, Identity Shield Enhancement

Cora: Identity Shield Enhancement, Armor 5 (Impervious), Immobilize 10 (Intangible, Area), Invulnerability 4 (Broad- Energy Attacks)

Warren: Mega-Appearance 1 (Identity Shield), +4 dots of M-Strength, Armor 5 (Impervious), +2 Psychic Shield, Quantum Leech 5 (Siphon), Disrupt 5

Marina: Identity Shield Enhancement, Bodymorph +2 dots, Elemental Mastery +1 dot, Weather Control +3 dots, Mega-Stamina +2 dots, Mega-Wits 4 (Enhanced Initiative), Force Field 5 (Impervious), Quantum Vampire: Health Levels 4 (Ranged)

Alex: Disrupt 10 (Reduced Quantum Cost), Identity Shield Enhancement, Strobe 10 (Sensory Deprivation Wave)

Archived