Atlanta Renato: OWOD

Nyghtshade

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, pretty much after the week of nightmares all but a hand full of Ravnos are dead. Before the week of nightmares people might not have liked the Ravnos coming to town, but they were wary of how they treated them for fear of reprisals from clan members. With no clan to back them up Ravnos have only their own strength to protect them now. It's almost like being a Catiff, but by being an elder he would be strong enough that people would think twice before doing something foolish. It would be challenging but could be fun.

My thought was to play him as being in town to pay off a debt he owes, which means he's probably there at the invitation of one of the local elders, possibly one of the other players in the game if anyone is interested.

To get the game started I would prefer to have the players play protagonists, in addition I have none of the resources on hunters. Do any of the listed venues interest you? I believe I can offer a better game with that limited pool of options until I players get posted and self-sustaining the storyline.

Originally Posted By: Nyghtshade
To get the game started I would prefer to have the players play protagonists, in addition I have none of the resources on hunters. Do any of the listed venues interest you? I believe I can offer a better game with that limited pool of options until I players get posted and self-sustaining the storyline.

When I said hunter, I meant a mortal hunter, not a Hunter: the Reckoning (or Hunter: the Wrecking as my gaming group called it) type. So I would be in one of the listed venues: Mortal.

I am willing to arrange for her to be caught up with the other PCs and made to work with them. That I don't mind as I have no wish to create strife in a game. I'm more than willing to work with the other PCs and you, Nyghtshade, to create a PC I would enjoy that adds to the game and story rather than detracts.

My current thought is probably not as much an active hunter as someone who is a survivor, who has had her life touched by the darkness and thus restructured her life to protect herself as much as possible. She's very paranoid and seems insane to the normals because she believes in weird stuff. I put the label of hunter on her because she does watch for those things and proactively moves to defend herself.

Is that a PC you'd be willing to entertain? If not, no hard feelings - you are the boss. wink

So you would be making an aware human? which tier would you create it with and which of the venues touched her?

I am fine with that concept just would keep track of were she says what cause "everyone" would not think she is crazy...kinda like what the bubasti say about celican...they are said to be extinct but being extinct myself...

So you would be making an aware human? which tier would you create it with and which of the venues touched her?

I am fine with that concept just would keep track of were she says what cause "everyone" would not think she is crazy...kinda like what the bubasti say about celican...they are said to be extinct but being extinct myself...

If by 'aware' you mean is she aware of the dark things in the shadows? Yes, that's where her scar comes from. wink I'm thinking werewolf was the venue that touched her at the moment, but am open to changes. I was thinking the 'go-getta' teir but I have to play with numbers before I confirm that.

And yes, some people would be all too aware that she is not insane. wink

Originally Posted By: LydaLynn
I do rather enjoy the Ryo character but . . . are you sure batsibf? He's rather . . . antisocial.

Hee, in my games, this was code for 'murdering sociopath'. Is that the case here? :P

Originally Posted By: Galiana Sands
I do rather enjoy the Ryo character but . . . are you sure batsibf? He's rather . . . antisocial.

Hee, in my games, this was code for 'murdering sociopath'. Is that the case here? :P

He's not a sociopath . . .

that is very possible there was a blight that was just destroyed in the city along with 80% of the then garou of the city. Australia repeated itself...just to point out with the me allowing the tier 4 supernaturals it will difficult for her to stand alone against some of the other pc's...but mortals power does come in "numbers".

Were-Kangaroo! Just because they are extinct doesn't mean nobody should play one. smile

Sorry, still haven't come up with a good concept, and until I do the field is pretty wide open for what I might play. I enjoy variety in my characters.

that is very possible there was a blight that was just destroyed in the city along with 80% of the then garou of the city. Australia repeated itself...just to point out with the me allowing the tier 4 supernaturals it will difficult for her to stand alone against some of the other pc's...but mortals power does come in "numbers".

I don't play mortals because I want to be a bad ass. I never expect them to go toe-to-toe with the upper-tier supernaturals, or even the base supernaturals. The game isn't in their favor. I play them because they generally have the more interesting stories. It's their world and yet the monsters run it from the shadows. It creates an interesting dynamic with the rest of the unaware world (who have no idea why the mortal pc is a paranoid mess) and the magical world (who considers the mortal beneath them and to be a tool to use, not a being worthy of notice).

No worries, I got over my "mortal must be bad-ass" days in my early twenties. The last ST I tried to do that to turned the PC into a mage, which pissed her right the hell off. Don't ask, insane game.

Anywho, these days, the supernatural venues don't appeal to me that much. The story of the monstrous monster isn't as intersting as the story of the monstrous man.

Not so say she'll be a monster. But it's WoD - she's going to have some hard choices.

Originally Posted By: batsibf
He is not anti social or anything like that just difficult, I want to remake him in a better light smile

Sure - that's what you say - but I've tried to get him into parties. I'm not playing River, though - I need someone a lot less depressing.

Sure - that's what you say - but I've tried to get him into parties. I'm not playing River, though - I need someone a lot less depressing.

that is why I said make him in better light smile

no that is the base so every point you put in generation would lower that...11th with no points, 10th with one point, 9th with two points, 8th with three points, 7th with four points, and 6th with five points.

The actual base generation for an Elder PC, according to the RAW (Rules As Written) is 10th.

So, you are house ruling it at 11th. Thank you, that's all I needed to know.

One more question, are there any backgrounds we are not permitted to take?

Originally Posted By: Galiana Sands
Anywho, these days, the supernatural venues don't appeal to me that much. The story of the monstrous monster isn't as intersting as the story of the monstrous man.

Not so say she'll be a monster. But it's WoD - she's going to have some hard choices.

Actually, my PC, a vampire, may have a lot of uses for a mortal with this much character. She'll be part of a certain organization that needs all the help it can get.

Here's a quick summary of what I'm going for with Ravenna. In case some people are stuck with their concepts and still wondering if they'll step on toes with their ideas.

Name: Ravenna de Sombra

Player:

Chronicle: Nyght's Thing

Nature: Director

Demeanor: Celebrant

Clan: Lasombra-antitribu

Generation: 6th

Sire: No one remembers, even her.

Concept: Hunter of Darkness

Embrace: 556 A.D.

Apparent Age: Early twenties.

None may think it to look at her, but Ravenna is very serious. On the outside she seems like a fun vampire to be around. She's witty, quirky, smiles a lot and generally tends to give off the vibe that being a vampire isn't nearly as boring as people make it out to be. She can still be spotted in clubs, in various Elysiums across the world.

She is an independent Lasombra-antitribu, which doesn't put her very high on any of the guest lists within kindred society. It's her wealth, power, age and what she's done for kindred society as a whole that keeps even the most powerful princes off her back.

Despite her independent status Ravenna is regarded as respectful and helpful, two qualities not normally seen among elders of her age and status. She often offers large donations to other clans to help support them in new endeavors as well as offers to train younger vampires in the common physical disciplines (Celerity, Fortitude, Potence) to assist in their survival (with their Sire's approval, of course).

Ravenna is one of the oldest and most active elders in the modern day, mostly because she has a job that keeps her very busy: Ravenna belongs to a secret society known as "The Night."

The Night

Founded: 556 A.D.

"Del male non fare e paura non avere."

The Night is a secret society dedicated to a single purpose: keep the existence of supernaturals a secret from mortal society. Although not very 'secret' (nearly every sect of supernatural society has heard of them) they have dedicated the last 1,500 years of their existence to tracking down and destroying (or bringing to 'justice') those among supernatural society who violate the carefully written laws that exist among them.

In effect, they are supernatural bounty hunters called upon by Princes, Elder Garou, Grump Changelings and Master Mages alike to assist them in solving problems that, if they were made public, could jeopardize the secrecy of everyone's existence. Needless to say the Nephandi, Black Spiral Dancers and Sabbat garner them a lot business; they mainly deal with bane spirits, fomori and mortals who 'know too much'.

The Night is an independent organization that has ties with all the supernatural societies across the globe. While they respect all the supernaturals, they answer to none of them. Among their ranks are enlightened humans, garou, mages, and a handful of vampires.

The Night has very strict codes of honor, mostly involving the same laws that govern all the supernaturals: humans must not know we exist. Other rules are in place, such as vampires not being permitted to diablerize other vampire targets, as this is disrespectful to the Laws of Vampire society. Ravenna herself has put to the sword a few members of The Night for violating these ancient pacts. The Night is not a quick path to power; it is a very serious job and demands all its members be dedicated to the cause.

The Night has not always been successful; there are a few failures on its plate that remind all the supernaturals what can happen when laws are broken. The most recent among them would be the Spanish Inquisition and the Salem witch trials, but if one looked back far enough in history they would see that mankind cannot handle the existence of vampires, werewolves and other assorted boogie-men, and to preserve both mortalkind and supernaturals alike, they must remain ignorant.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived