Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - OOC: Discussions

Krul

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note: If anyone wants to do anything cross time or time travel-ish, just like with Warp, feel free to consider Warren a plot device (well, within limits). That's the big reason I'm bringing it up IC.

This includes mundane uses like getting tomorrow's newspaper on a regular basis.

So, whoever it was that offered that awesome sketch collection way back in the begining of the game, I'd like to put in an official request for moar of that with more recent events and renderings as we meander towards godhead and whatever Plot Krul has waiting for us. I still got that first sheet in my RP binder, and it would be awesome if you have the time.

Cool - thanks. I've been having fun commissioning her - I don't do it for many characters because most look basically human and stuff can be found - I enjoy getting art of the unique looking characters. And I'm lucky enough to know some amazing artists.

My vote's for Rainbow Room happening just before Finding a Way. The first post in Finding a Way says several days after the launch, so I think that leaves us some room for Rainbow Room in between. Maybe it could happen the first or second night on the sub. Plus, I think there's a chance that some of us might hit Apotheosis in Finding a Way, and who knows how that'll change us. It might change us to the point where we might not want to be cavorting around the Rainbow Room at the next level.

But that's just my two cents. Thoughts?

I'll drop by and add xp for it shortly, Courier..

envoy, Coraline has Reduced Quantum Cost x 2 for both flight and hypermovement, it doesn't cost her any quantum to use either of them, she could move at full speed constaintly without spending quantum, unless she wants to max them in some way or another. However, activating bodymorph: Light will cost you 2 quantum, and make you less likely to be detected, sense sensors are rarely designed to look for light wave anomolies.. at least standard sensors, it would take someone like Alex to make something designed to detect you moving at full speed as a light wave.

I know. I'm counting her activations of Copycat and Ms. Nobody earlier in the thread against her clock for the coming fight though. As for Bodymorph (Light), she doesn't quite consciously understand she has that gift yet. And, OOC, can't hit people physically while in that form which wouldn't help her shred baselines. :D

Thank you QF.

We've got like an hour or two left IC before combat I think (or at least that email said 3 hours), it might be a hair early to turn on powers.

So then, just so everyone is on the same page:

The plan is: Two Teams. Stealth and Strike.

Stealth Team: Sneak in with combo of Density Decrease and Teleport.

Strike Team: Hard and fast...

Stealth Team is... who again? :)

Pip requested Warren instead of Darrik because he had been to the moon base and knows how to get back to it.

Well, if we really do have an hour or two to kill before the attack, we certainly have the time to show Darrik how to get there if his powers allow that kind of range. Second, given the 90% chance team stealth will be under fire when they find the kids and breeders, or what's left of them anyway, no one's going to the moon in one go thanks to the combat teleport range rules of 100 meters per success. so, Butch to heal and think, Darrik to tell the captives to 'not panic' and general offense, and Pip to poke her mind's eye around, while the rest of the sibs try and tear proteus a new one outside. *shrug* That's assuming Krul isn't chuckling at us behind his hand at how clever and unexpectedly amusing his plan truly is. :D

Pip requested Warren instead of Darrik because he had been to the moon base and knows how to get back to it.
That. What do you think, send a clone in with the Stealth Team?

EDIT: This would give the Stealth Team HyperTime (:tempt: :tempt: :tempt:)

Send in the clone!
Thank you.

I covered some of this in the combat thread but it's worth repeating (and giving the ST a chance to overrule)

Hypertime gives EACH PC +12 additional actions every round, they can't be split, this adds (not multiplies) with Quick. However the extra actions are normal so you're not limited to physical actions. So you could fire Q-Bolt lots of times or whatever.

Warren didn't get the Duration aspect of Mastery so this will only last the first 14 rounds, but the range is crazy so you can move basically anywhere.

And basically that's it as far as great tricks from Warren. He's got 8 dice of aggravated damage but there's going to be first gens (some probably here) who can just ignore him.

And it's late so I'll post tomorrow.

Well, I don't want to ask krul to open another thread with this huge fight about to go down, but there is something we might want to tackle IC after that: Cora's part of the modeling contract with DeVries. Fortunately her Blank largely masks how much power she's packing, but there's nothing she can do about the ap and mega ap increases. And aparently we're booked for two to three shoots a week by word of krul. Oh, and Norman says he's a Second Generation Nova familar with Apothesis or something like it. So, family meeting/debriefing thread to go over that and the problems kicked up from this attempted rescue?

Archived