Aberrant: 200X - Regarding an excersize routine...

Doryoku

I was thinking to keep the old muscles moving in off hours of taking up some sort of routine to keep the sound mind/sound body ratio balanced here.

I decided to start taking up Parkour to get my coordination levels up. Does anyone here do it, or have even mastered it and wouldn't mind giving some pointers once in a while?

I've seen your brother move, Sakurako. He should have the athleticism and agility to teach you, but if you like, I can see if I can get you some time at one of the XWF training centers. They can be set up for anything and I can show you some moves. With some of the Arena Set-ups (and the fact that I don't fly) I've practically had to learn to Parkour as a matter of course.

Truely?

Well... If Ryusei is going to get some time training before the charity event I'd love to get a crack at things.

Don't expect miracles, this is for my own benefit physically. I spend a little too much time at the terminals. Sometimes I'm afraid I'll vegetate and waste away.

Just one condition, no one is going to recruit me. The XWF isn't my world. I'm willing to pay for the training course, but beyond that... Well. Yeah. Thanks but no thanks.

After seeing the crush occur, It's my opinion the world needs more than Project Utopia. Nippontai stays close to the roost and I don't see anyone else stepping up and PU cannot be anywhere.

I should be prepared if the world does need me. I gotta be at my best.

Perhaps I should refresh my first aid training a bit. Got rusty from the classes I took in my first year at Jindai Academy. Earthquake, Tsunami, and Disaster preparedness and all that...

No, no, this isn't a trick to get you into the XWF, it was a genuine offer to use some top notch facilities, no charge.

Not to sound conceited, but I'm a pretty big draw for the prime XWF demographic and I'd like to think I have some pull. I was an athlete before I erupted, and I'm trying to stay one after - I'm all for someone staying in shape and doing what they can to improve themselves physically.

Oh, one thing, It's nice that you think so highly of Ryusei, but his isn't fighting in the ring at the Charity Event. Katya's decided that he should be put up on auction, to accompany the highest bidder in a Skybox for the Event. laugh

Yeah... thing is there's a reason why I'm helping behind the stage and what not. I'd probably steal the thunder all night!

But I am not comfortable with that sort of setting. Reminds me of buying and selling people to the highest bidder.

Charity or not, it's a hangup. At least for me.

Sakurako -

If you want some real crisis-handling skills/experience, sign on with Doctors Without Borders or the International Red Cross. A big brain like yours would be a blessing, and if you get some paramedic level training under your belt they'd snap you up. These men and women go to some of the worst places in the world, both disaster- and war-zones. Though when we're talking the modern battlefields with Elites, a war zone is pretty much a disaster zone too.

DWB usually hire a few baseline mercs to safeguard their operations. They have mixed feelings about Elites: we're good protection, but sometimes having an Elite is an invitation for trouble in a hotspot. A non-combat oriented nova might be a sufficient compromise.

Lots to consider. And lots of messages to sent once I'm set as to who I'll contact.

But you're right Ryusei, I got resources I can call on at home, what was I thinking! But I still will look around for other options too. My goals are long-term, trying to figure out my moves 20 turns out is probably gonna drive me nuts. Almost considered joining the Maritime Self Defense Force as well between posts here. Got the literature sitting next to my terminal right now.

So yeah, options, Novas have them. Perhaps too many. laugh

Should have seen the look of suprise on Dad's face when I brought the MSDF literature home with me... for a second it looked like he thought I actually enlisted!

Although it's a consideration right now... but nothing is set in stone yet. Gotta really think about that. Even more now after a chat session with others here.

You're a member of the Lifeboat service in the Isles? Facinating! I suppose though they make you wear the RNLI gear for visibility purposes I assume? What did you get when you erupted anyways, SuperCav?

I could design a suit that's more suitable for use if you require it. Perhaps even share with your organization.

I don't like bragging, but Information is far more important than modesty.

I can swim at 1000 kph. That's right, I can potentially break the sound barrier... swimming. that's why they call me SuperCav since I can form a super-cavitation effect around my body while diving or project that bubble around me when surface-swimming by warping the water around me.

I am also capable of withstanding the cold. I swim the English Channel on a lark.

I can stretch my limbs to retrive people in the water when I'm on a rescue via-boat, or if I just have to grab something.

Somehow my muscles since I'm flexible are more springier than normal so I have slightly more springier reflexes.

Strangely enough I can change my density to become way less dense than water, and even use my stretchyness to increase my size for others to hold on to. Although I can't use my maximum speed, I can move at a fair clip, then. The Nova lifeboat... that's me. And if you're curious, I sort of inflate too when I do that.

Yep, that's pretty much it.

• 2 months later...

Archived