Mutants & Masterminds: Struggles of Iannin - SOI Chat

Forge

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Reaction move is curse the traitorous Takroks with a Berserker’s Rage; when driven to great anger, they fall into a blinding rage, which lasts until they have destroyed what they perceived has hurt them.

Dawn, does this rage give them any enhanced traits while they are under its grip? Or is it purely a mental loss of control?

If its the first I'll work up a power build for it since in 3e there isn't the convenient rage feat that 2e had. If its the second its easy enough to call it a complication and have the GM run it during play.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Ouroboros
Dawn, does this rage give them any enhanced traits while they are under its grip? Or is it purely a mental loss of control?

If its the first I'll work up a power build for it since in 3e there isn't the convenient rage feat that 2e had. If its the second its easy enough to call it a complication and have the GM run it during play.

I was thinking the former, something on par with the Barbarian Rage in 3e D&D (which was d20). That was +2 to Str and Stm, -2 to defense, lasting for a certain number of rounds, and then you were fatigued after it was done. I figured it'd be fairly easy in 3e to do, without or without the pre-made guide.

OK, I'll give it some thought. The hard part is maintaining PL which means that the damage and toughness gains for boosted STR and STA should be coupled to reductions in attack and defense (basically power gained over finesse). I just need to break the numbers which I might be able to think on during lunchtime.

Originally Posted By: jameson (ST)
Odd that I can't see the picture for the Takrok Dawn, but I can for the other two.

Damon, the "curse" that Kaer laid upon the Thayim, will that effect the Anupu or were Siponak's ministrations enough to make them a separate "race"?

*discussed in chat, posted for informational*

The Marghuls got 'bizzaaah' with the Anupu as well as the Anupu are still 'Thayim' and mostly a cultural difference. They will still get affected separately by Chaos and can diverge more later, but right now are the same.

Also, all these 2nd Epoch moves are happening (in the god's eyes) at the same time, so the Anupu might not yet be differentiated in Kaer's eyes and he would have sent his Imps down on all the human-looking people, whether or not they were necros.

Originally Posted By: Damon OOC
Tick tock, tick tock, please get your Second Epoch posts in.
Already have their sketch done (wasn't sure what they'd be until I was finished so I drew them first). I'll have the write up tonight. laugh

I think i'm going to stick to making magical items next round!

Put up a new map with a grid and I redid the archipelago.

The grid lines are one inch apart. Each square would be 100x100 kilometers roughly, if I have my math right. (It's very late and I am tired.)

Technically, using the image as a guide, Iannin is 9722 kilometers(97.22in) wide (not even going into the whole spherical skewed math crap) but I used the rounded 10k for ease of calculation.

Folks, I know its premature given that we haven't finished the races, nor worked up our kingdoms and the like but I was figuring to get a little "high level" discussion about PCs started. Basically there are 5 of us, which means 4 or 5 PCs (depending on if the GM runs his character).

I'd like to start by asking what kinds of roles are people leaning toward? For instance I am thinking I'd like to play a thief/assassin type character. Relying on skill and any racial traits that may apply. I could also do a warrior, probably an archer type with backup skill in melee. I'm rather not interested in a Wizard.

What about you folks?

I've pretty much wanted to play a wizard of some type since I started discussing this game. wink If the concept bleeds a little into cleric, that would be fine too.

IMO, there's no reason we have to stick to the standard character 'types' with the way M&M 3rd is set up.

I agree completely, but for the sake of discussion archetypes put us all on a common ground. Likewise I did say that this is meant to be fairly high level, things may work out that I create a thief who uses magick, or an assassin shapeshifter.

Forge, in case I don't get to ask you in chat can I get a clarification on just what "*Fox - Immunity to aging (effects)" means? Do the Foxes still have thier natural ~10 year life span or do they live until killed now that they are immune to aging?

kthxbai wink

OK. I spoke with Forge in chat and we decided that barring any major complaints against we're going to do a 4th and 5th epoch and then close up shop on this part of the game. Pursuant to that we'd also like to try and get this pushed out in a timely fashion, lets say by next Tuesday the 5th Epoch will be closed and we'll move on.

All in Favor?

Aye!

Much in favor. Aye!

If you have tons of stuff that would not get in with this amount of time, let me know what you are planning and either I or Jim can just Fiat it in when we are GMing...or you, if you decide to run an adventure.

Originally Posted By: Joani
Ankassar would've wanted to grant the Balor very long lives - would that be doable? (not talking immortality but something like 1000 years life expectancies...)

Yar, that's no problem, the Fen were similarly long-lived. The Balor can have always been long-lived.

AFA resurrecting the Murg/Fen, I say Nay.

There are always the Muthay, there will be partial blood lines from them to play with.

I'll throw my vote behind Forge: nay. Why? Because they're his races and he said no. smile It sucks to lose both of them at once, but that is a tremendous backstory that will shape the psyche of the people in our game. The Knight and his Army of the Dead can become horror stories whispered around fires to frighten children (and secretly the adults, too) while the curse, "By the Knight!" can be used in the face of something terrible.

I also think it would be interesting if those Muthay with strong Fen or Murg traits try to rebuild the Fen or Murg on their own. Recreate a lost people and culture, never admitting it's just not possible.

Archived