Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - 9.3a-1 Francis's training (How the holo's hurt..)

Justin OOC

His first Selection made, the room expanded, and then materialized first Klaus, then His Verde Buster Gundam around him.

The massive Gundam took to the skies before Francis even knew what was going on, and in a near fatal one-two punch, both Railguns on its hips fired, Striking Francis down before the Hologram derezzed, The Word "FAILURE" appeared in bright red letters in the middle of the room.

Francis gasped for breath as his nano-bots kicked in, slowly but surely re-knitting the broken and blazed flesh back up, and his pounded armor too. Next time, don't take on giant piloted mech by yourself.

"Ok," he raspingly announced once his body was whole, "I want to fight Takashi."

"Normal, released or bankai?" The computer asked in simple tones.

Easy mode seemed the best starting bet. "Normal, please." He responded.

The computer manifested Takashi, who wnt on the attack immediately, but missed his first 3 slashes. Francis returned fire and hit hard with one shot, but the others went wild. This seemed to enrage the holo-takashi, and his next three attacks hit, Resulting in yet another "FAILURE"

Francis went on the all-out method of battle, firing new overcharged bursts of shots like a massive red cone of laser bolts, but very few hit, as Takashi began using Flash Steps to dodge most of them. Regardless, he was taking the damage with ease, and Francis barely avoided all the attacks, except one which hurt like hell from the force.

The call to "Stop Simulation!" came not too soon.

Francis mopped his brow with a gloved hand, and sincerely wished that more people would show up for training.

Francis let out a short chuckle. "I figured that out already, but it wasn't like anyone else had come in. And I can deal relatively easily with Lieutenant level foes."

A sigh. "And I can deal with the physical pain, there aren't going to be failsafes when it comes down to the real fight. But you're most welcome to join in. You can pick the foe."

He nodded. "I know just the one, be ready."

He smiled. "Computer, Begin simulation, Unlimited Morisato, Kai; and Amaha, Masane."

He had already drawn Senbonzakura, and smiled to Francis. "I find fighting yourself reveals all the strengths and flaws of your abilities."

"Begin."

Francis muttered a scant unpleasant word at Kai's choice, but moved rapidly, catching the computerized Masanse with a scattering of basic shots. She deflected all but one, though the lone hit seemed to be no more than a gnat to her.

The shield of Emergency code Ares interposed between her fast slashes of the Witchblade, but minor cuts and lashes appeared upon his flesh.

Francis re-focused to Emergency Code Mercury, flashing like a blur, but after Masane's sword strikes went nowhere, spines and her hair lashed out like radial weapons, and Francis was in the zone of impact.

Injured badly, Francis let the Ares shield return and he poured on the Overcharging inferno. She dodged most of the shots.

Dodge and shot, slash and evade, Masane was going to win, it was more than clear. She blocked his final fusillade, and slashed through his armor, taking him out of the fight.

Kai and his copy exchanged blows, staying even for awhile but a lucky hit opened his guard, and at the end, the simulation triumphed over him as well."

"I haven't actually won that one, but it's damn good practice, seeing moves you'd normally not think of."

"Next you want to do that, you can do it on your own."

Francis had a bit of an annoyed look on his face. "I was basically solo fighting a captain-level enemy, effectively, despite your fine warning. Then again, I guess Masane dying and Lily being snatched aggravates the tension level, so I can't blame you for cranking the notch up this much."

"Computer learns you know, and went very agressive. Omoikane learns how we fight, and so the AI's do too. She's always watching us Francis, and learning."

he nodded. "That's what makes the victories so much sweeter. She doesn't allow for time for transformations, or powerboosts. In combat we may have others with us we may not. We need to be good enough to stand regardless."

Coming inside the room Valerie interjected. "But transformations and power boosts are such an integral part of this fights we like so much, at least we have yet to be able to stop a Shikai or Bankai from going through." Valerie looked over Francis and Kai.

"You two look like somebody ran you over with a gundam, you sure you should be up to this this close to a major mission? I didn`t say anything back on the planning stages but with every available captain and ship on combat, we will be extremely exposed. A single misstep is certain death awaiting for us and the prisoners. You shouldn`t be forcing yourself for now." Valerie looked more at Kai than Francis when talking, but it was pretty obvious that it was directed at both.

"Or at this pace, you will end up running over to the enemy base on a limp." Valerie`s face was different that earlier, a soft and warm expression that betrayed nothing of the Witchblade she carried within her.

"Oh, I learned how that feels, literally." Francis' grin was mildly amused, but after this sentence, his words became more serious and a little concerned. "I'm used to punishing myself like this, Valerie. But you bring up an important point." He looked carefully at Valerie and Kai. "These Shikai, Bankai and other special power-ups do seem to be a major part of these battles. I've only heard a little about them since I've been here, but it's clear that I don't have any of those. Nor for that matter the power level that the rest of you have. I need others with me when the big time really starts, otherwise I'm toast. It's a simple fact, I'm afraid."

"Don`t worry about it Francis, to be honest I don`t have a Shikai either, unless you count the witchblade itself, and my Bankai was lost when I died earlier today." such a cruel statemet was tossed casually by the girl who seemed to have no regrets or grief about having done so.

"I haven`t tried to access it since then for a lack of a need, but seeing how incompatible my Bankai is with this body I wouldn`t find it weird to have actually lost the ability." Valerie ran her hand through her hair, putting it behind her ear. "While it is a power up, most of them are not like Lily`s or my old, and are more like Kai`s where they power up your attacks and leave your defenses the same, an opening is still an opening, the fact that Hizashi is made of `Iwinium` does not mean he has no weak points, Skye, Lily and myself managed to make him bleed, so he is STILL human, just a really tough one."

"What I have been trying to say with this rambling over all, you are still a great asset Francis, and right now we need as many assets as we can gather."

Francis' lip curved at Valerie's comments about losing Bankai, but he quietly listened to the rest of what she had to say. "I guess so," he admitted, "but the way things go, I suspect we're not going to get Lily and Skye back without a fight against the terrible twosome again. For that matter, is there anyone allied with them who we can have the simulation put out?"

"Several captains and Luitenants, hell entire divisions, left with them when they abandoned Earth to the demons. I can`t remember any right now off hand, they were barely around when I first came to know about Satoshi and was kinda busy digesting the whole Ninja clan/International Business turned Military/Demonic Invasion."

"Kai would be better suited to tell you, or Captain Hoshino. Ryoma would know too, but why not go for the obvious one? Try what Kai did, fight yourself, nothing to force you to improve your reaction times that fighting somebody with exactly those reaction times. Don`t you think?"

Kai shook his head. "You know we have ways of healing fast, Sakura proved that earlier, I'm not the only one."

To francis he nodded. "Bankai can be developed, I know three people who did so. Granted they had three masters there."

He looked to Valerie. "You still have Bankai, it will just kill you if you activate the Witchblade's bankai. It always does."

"You do have a shikai, the ascendant witchblade. I wouldn't try it yet, simply because you've only had it a few hours."

Kai sighed. "Akina told me about Ayato Kamina, Hizashi's Lieutenant." his face darkened. "He could be worse than both of them, if he's there."

"He is."

Kai nodded. "Computer simulated opponent, Kamina, Ayato."

The form of a young man, maybe twenty years old materialized looking completely normal. Then in bright red letters. "Simulation ended, Access denied."

He looked to them. "Even Ruri hasn't been able to break the encryption. Nearest guess it takes at least four captains to unlock his file, and one of them must be Hizashi."

"Well somebody has been planning a lot." Francis remarked, with a mixture of annoyance and amusement simultaneously. "Anyway, as for what you said about Bankai, it sounds as if learning is going to have to wait till this mess is over. Well, you might as well give me more details if you can, aside from the uniqueness of each, I've only seen those that Hizashi and Takashi put out, and fortunately, I didn't find out what they do."

I've seen Takashi's before, so I can tell you about it. He's got an attack Called Dragon Twister, that is capable of destroying several city blocks."

He nodded. "In Bankai, his attacks can cause horrendous wounds, that overpower all but the strongest regenerative powers and healing magic, burning away the target's body from the inside."

"That was why we went to Ikaris actually, to get the flower that could heal Captain Kaunac."

He nodded to Francis. "I could show you mine, but while I can heal fast, Restoring my mana takes longer."

"Suffice it to stay my bankai's first form is a near perfect weapon and shield. The second form is an inescapable prison, and the third is my final attack."

• 2 weeks later...

Kai nodded. "We will fight with all we have."

"I can't guarantee anything Francis, they have the same tech we do, and more experience with it. All I know is that I am not going to be denied."

With that he motioned for Valerie to follow him, and left the training area.

Great, Francis thought as Kai and Valerie left. This is going to be bad. They rigged the flagship when it was raided, they've taken two of ours and we certainly have every intention of getting them back, what's to say it ain't a trap? If I didn't have principles and Takashi wasn't a psychotic, I'd switch sides in a heartbeat.

Archived