Aberrant RPG - Stunt Lists

blushing_bunny

So, going off of Sprockets idea I think it's about time we set some solid standards for what we should expect from the differnt levels of Mega-Atts. As vague as they are now, it isn't unusual to see some discripancy in what is expected from any level of them most especially for the Mega Mentals.

Which is why I am suggesting we band togeher as a board and get a good idea of what can be expected at differnt levels of mentals, and perhaps later come up with a solid list of stunts for differnt levels of socials. Perhaps adding a new social combat mechanic to represent those Novas that choose to involve them selfs in public life at large. Just how many lives are all but defined by the Mega Charismatic? Just how massive are the throngs that raise their head at the mention of the current Hot-Mega-App? At which point does it become inevitble that all that you strive for is ever usurped by the Mega-Manipulator in the cornor? This list of possibilities and deminsions this could add to the game are endless, and can better serve to make players remmber that there is far more to the world of Abby then seek-and-beats.

Without further aduie lets get the ball rollin!

Mega Intelligence

Intelligence in the World of Abberant is defined as the ability for one to make intuitive leaps in trains of thought, and to better manifest the world around you in ones mind. This allows those gifted with this Mega to always remain aware of the bigger picture. Where a baseline genuise breaks down the barriers in their problems, like a train through a field of corn, a mega-int must simply take the single step across and arrive at the very least to the borders of baseline thought. This manifests as Mega smart chemists instantly aware of what is possible in the realm of matter. Where baselines spend years at a time coming up with a process to make that new hit chemical that will allow millions of lifes to be saved in the next big war thanks to sleek new fabric body armor, the Mega-Brainy Nova can do it in a matter of months, weeks, days, and to the utter horror of a few-mere minutes. Mega Brainy Novas stand to indiviudally shift the throes of whatever environment they choose to impact and will one day lead the world in a direction few today have even dared to dream of.

(Keep in mind, I think Int is irrevocably twined with skills, and therefore serves to enchance and benifit them)

Mega Int Stunts

Mega Int 1

*Defeat a grandmaster of Chess consistently while only vaguely paying attention.

*Correctly discern the location of all enimies on a given field, if given a proper layout of the land, and the resources at the disposal of those your tracking.

*Correctly discern the Flaws in modern day physics. (In other words, "I can make new kinds of bombs that utterly snigger in the face of the limitations thought of by modern man")

*You can now do adding, subracting, multiplication, division, instantenously in your head no matter how complex the numbers.

*All literature that you can atleast comprehend is understood second-naturedly. (I can read, and correctly repeat the morning news-paper)

*Can rightly claim that Stephen Hawkings, J.K Rowling, or any other famous authors latest publishing "Shallow and Pedantic"

*Skills can be learned in a manner of weeks where it takes Baselines months. "Some Mega-Jock dunked on me infront of a crowd, I go out and memorize and apply everything man knows about basketball to clown this foo with my supperior skills. Equally valid is mastering biology, or surgery.)

*Correctly discern the most ideal places for traps to be placed, in any structure the brain has some image of (Whether through memory, schematics, etc.) . (Assuming the subterfuge skill)

I wouild like to make a list of atleast 20 per a level, please feel free to submit your opinion, contributions, or arguments if you see fit.

EXCELLENT TOPIC BUNNY!!!

I'm going to assume that in each example the nova in question has the associated skills. If they don't have the associated skills then given enough time, someone with Mega-Int could recreate E=MC^2... however duplicating several hundred years (and thousands of researchers) worth of theories might take centuries.

It might be worthwhile to use the M-Str tables for multiples here. Example: A nova with M-Str can lift a ton. A nova with Str 5 can only lift X amount of kilos. This implies one man year's worth of work for the nova is Y man years worth of work for Einstein.

*Defeat a grandmaster of Chess consistently while only vaguely paying attention.

Agreed.

*Correctly discern the location of all enimies on a given field, if given a proper layout of the land, and the resources at the disposal of those your tracking.

You'd think so, but Abby lists "Tactics" as a Mega-Wits skill.

*Correctly discern the Flaws in modern day physics. (In other words, "I can make new kinds of bombs that utterly snigger in the face of the limitations thought of by modern man")

I.e. they can access the gadget rules.

*You can now do adding, subracting, multiplication, division, instantenously in your head no matter how complex the numbers.

*All literature that you can at least comprehend is understood second-naturedly. (I can read, and correctly repeat the morning news-paper)

Again, you'd think so but then we have enhancements which also do this. What I'd like to do is rebuild the rules on this subject, i.e. every level of Mega-Int gives you more bonuses, for example at Mega-1 you can "use" (i.e. duplicate) a calculator, and at Mega-4 a super-computer, with the enhancement giving you a bonus to your level of Mega-Int.

But with the rules we have it's probably better to just present math problems with difficulty modifiers, so someone with Mega-5 can just plow through the easier ones.

*Can rightly claim that Stephen Hawkings, J.K Rowling, or any other famous authors latest publishing "Shallow and Pedantic"

Agreed... although Rowling's work is based on Wits (i.e. Art), not Int.

*Correctly discern the most ideal places for traps to be placed, in any structure the brain has some image of (Whether through memory, schematics, etc.) . (Assuming the subterfuge skill)

Not sure. If we're talking about Intrusion, then yes, but this feels more like Awareness/Investigation, i.e. Mega-Perception. This might be a case you use Mega-Int to create traps and Mega-Perception to detect them.

*Skills can be learned in a manner of weeks where it takes Baselines months. "Some Mega-Jock dunked on me infront of a crowd, I go out and memorize and apply everything man knows about basketball to clown this foo with my supperior skills. Equally valid is mastering biology, or surgery.)

I think you mean "int skills", knowing everything written on basketball doesn't make you any quicker or taller. Note "learn quicker" doesn't mean "pays less experience". I'd suggest that having M-Dex would let you pick up Athletics & Melee easier, M-Chr command, etc.

I think the man year multiplier would help a LOT here.

Strength Chart (kilos) : 15-45-100-165-240

M-Str Chart (1000 kilos): 1-10-25-50-100

So at M-Int 1 one weeks worth of work is a month's worth of work for the smartest man currently alive, and 2.5 months of the average college student, and 4 months of work for the average joe.

So at M-Int 5 you can spend a week and have it be the functional equiv of 8.3 YEARS of work of the smartest man currently alive. So basically in 5 weeks you can duplicate Einstein's entire life's work (I'm not sure how long E was alive or productive, we might just want to limit him to 25 years of productivity).

Applying that to other stats, J.K Rowling takes about a year to write one of her Potter Books. So Mega-Wits one lets you do the same thing in 3 months. Mega-Wits 2 lets you do it in 9 days. Mega-Wits 3 lets you do it in 3.5 days. Above that we need to worry about your typing speed.

Nice going, blushing bunny! ::thumbup1 I'm still tied up dealing with the Mega-Dexterity stunts & RL interference at the moment, but a small listing of stunts for the Mega-Mentals & Mega-Socials was definitely in the works.

As for the number of stunts per dot rating, may I suggest limiting it to 5 or so? RL analogs for the 1-5 dot ratings are easy enough, but the 6+ ratings are very few & far between, as I've learned through exhausting experience. ::wacko

AFAICT these feats should be able to make it into Chapter 3 of AB:TNF w/out any real difficulty. You *will* get due credit for this!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived