Jager's status

z-Carver

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gang. I have learned the major lesson of not letting the Master of Processesses with the Electro-Schock Paddles know exactly what I was thinking. He asked and, silly me, I answered truthfully.

For those in the curiositity, I should know by Wednesday or Thursday if I'm permanently removed from Postal duty ... amen. frown

smile )

Because it doesn't rain, but it pours, I am currently watching a chlorine leak set off 4 propane tanks down the road from were I live. The family is safetly away while I've elected (I told ya I was crazy) to wait it out with my two dogs at home. The lightning strikes and steady rainfall are beautiful. I swear, I couldn't write this lame stuff up. Be talking at you later. Take care and have a nice day.

James

It's on CNN.com. Sounds like a chemical fire is going on in Raleigh. Durham and Apex sound like they're being evacuated.

I don't think Jager should stick around. There is a chemical cloud involved with it, and who knows how many carcinogens are in it. Even though air tests are showing up safe, I really dont believe anyone's "experts".

Ummm ... I'm in the big triangle of the evac zone. I got my Mother and the kids out to a hotel out of town (with an heated pool). Its about a mile away, but I am insane. I walked down to the local road block and they told me the evacuation was not manditory, but if I left I could not return.

The wife went to work at 6am and the kids are fine. The puppies are stuck here with me. I'm not leaving them as they are family too. Nothing else matters.

Take care.

FYI, I am right between higways 55, 64, and US1. laugh .

From http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic851.htm on chlorine gas poisoning:

Immediate effects

The immediate effects of chlorine gas toxicity include acute inflammation of the conjunctivae, nose, pharynx, larynx, trachea, and bronchi. Irritation of the airway mucosa leads to local edema secondary to active arterial and capillary hyperemia. Plasma exudation results in filling the alveoli with edema fluid, resulting in pulmonary congestion.

From scanning Wikipedia:

Chlorine gas dissolves very quickly in water. Also, Chlorine gas is heavier than air.

My friend, if you start to get a sore throat RUN, DON'T WALK to the nearest source of medical attention. And take your dogs, they'll be at least as bad as you, since they're lower to the ground.

Stay in the second floor of your home, and keep out of the basement. You might also considder wrapping a wet towel around your mouth to breathe through if you start to smell chlorine.

Good luck, and stay well.

Thank you for the information. Fortunately, my house sits on the top of a high ridge line, so we were pretty safe from the chlorine poisoning, though I kept tabs on some toads on and about the place and they remained lively throughout.

Today, the whole family is back an things are settling back to normal, outside of the killer headaches.

Archived