[OpNet] Red-Hot Nova News

N News Service

Terat Fugitive Timeslip's Whereabouts Still Unknown

Disappearing after the reading of the judgement at her precedent-setting trial, the Terat Terrorist Timeslip disappeared and has yet to be located. Sources within the Directive and Project Utopia have not been able to supply any information on her possible hiding place.

"The Terrorist known as Timeslip has disappeared from all our sources of surveilance," Directive Security Director Abrahms was quoted as saying. At this time there is much speculation as to how Timeslip's behavior will impact future requests by novas to be judged solely by their super-powered peers.

>>>more

Forensics Symposium to Focus on Nova Related Detection

For the first time ever the American Forensics Society has decided to focus on the contribution of novas to the collection of evidence in criminal justice. Well known officials such as Detective Preston of Boston, MA and Los Angeles City Deputy Attorney General Fransico Navarrete have been invited to attend.

>>>more

Sotheby's Cancels Planned 20th Anniversary Erutpion Day Auction

Despite past succesful auctions of nova-related memorabilia Sotheby's has cancelled next year's planned gala that was expected to surpass all previous auctions in size and grandeur.

Sotheby's representitive Denise Carlyle explained, "With the number of threats we've received regarding the sale of nova related items reaching an all time high the cost of security was simply too much to justify the sale."

>>>more

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh shit! Someone who had the option to check out after being found guilty of murder did so! I can't believe it.

Bah, fuck N! , I wanna know what Firefly was doing with those two thug-uglies at Starlords and exactly what she meant about "spit-roasted"! Get it right you bastards! Give me the important news!

Damn it.

I want to go to the Symposium. I really want to go to the Symposium. Unfortunately, the Mayor of Boise has decided that our fair city is somehow the natural target for whatever Timeslip has up her sleeve, and so I'm stuck here until she's apprehended or the Mayor takes a deep breath and calms down.

If you're reading this: thanks a lot, Timeslip, for wasting everyone's time with a trial that you then disregarded. Thanks for putting the better part of the law enforcement on the planet on alert. And thanks for giving people yet one more reason to distrust us. I hope you rot in hell.

So, the murderer gets her own way, a trial like no other, based on her own supremacist doctrine and then she boogies because it didn't work out the way she wanted? Fuck her.

When, and if, they catch her I hope they lock her away in some dark hole, with quantum supression tech pumping her full of "You're a baseline now" energy.

Bitch.

It is unfortunate that the matter comes to this. But then, did anyone truly believe that this trial would be successful?

Too many agendas were involved, too many questionable things accepted as givens.

The venue and methodology were wholly of "Western" cloth, with all of the presumptions and prejudices of the Western legal system held intact and no real effort made to create something nova.

The near-sanctity ascribed to Team Tomorrow was enough to ensure that any fairness would be purely coincidental, as the right for Timeslip to use force in her own defense was stripped from her by an appeal to authority, casually made and uncritically accepted.

And even as the trial went on in its flawed, predetermined fashion, so did the protests and riots against it. Had any verdict been reached other than Guilty, the baselines would have refused to accept it, and the trial would have gone down in flames just as surely as it did at Timeslip's own fickle hand.

In retrospect, the efforts at creating this trial were folly - well-intentioned folly, but folly nonetheless. It is a lesson I will remember.

This whole thing is a giant lollapalooza of suck. Timeslip has gone away, and probably won't ever come back.

I miss my friend. frown

It's easy to bash someone that you hardly know. I, for one, made the effort to be her friend. What she really needed was more friends, and sooner. She got totally messed over by the circumstances of her life. I think if she'd known more love and had more friends, none of this would have ever happened.

If any of you lurking out there have any way to get a message to her, please tell her that I miss her.

She's really, really confused. She doesn't need more hate piled on her. I mean, she's wicked smart, but all the things that people learn about right and wrong and how to live with others-- that part of her growing up got left out. She makes bad decisions, yes, but it's not like she ever really learned to make good ones.

Society is to blame, but we can't arrest society.

This sucks.

The trial was a bad idea. I don't know why she thought it would be a good one. (see above comment about bad decisions)

She could never get a fair trial, anyway. She killed a Utopian. That's practically a religious crime anymore. Reason flies out the window and politics and pseudo-religious fervor kick in. The whole thing was a clusterfark.

I don't have a better alternative. I don't always know what's best, but I know that this wasn't it.

Originally Posted By: Mithril (was GMoT)
I don't have a better alternative. I don't always know what's best, but I know that this wasn't it.
I very delibrately didn't say this earlier to TS, but given that what happenned was exactly what she said happenned, she was guilty. Thus if the trial was fair, it would reflect this. Her problem wasn't the trial wasn't fair or T2M is respected, her problem was that she was guilty.

She knew that there was a dangerous, in her words "feral" nova running amoke. She knew T2M was there to stop him. Knowing this... she jumps into fight against T2M in an effort to stop them. Then, shock, a member of T2M responds to this by throwing down on her and she "has to defend herself".

The solution would have been to not put herself into a situation as messed up as it was, or, having placed herself into that situation, she could have helped the agents of law and not attacked them.

Originally Posted By: Machi Way Back When this Bullshit Started
As if you'd actually abide any such judgment. You fucking crack me up.

That outcome was so fucking obvious I can't even manage the pride to give myself a congratulatory back-pat for having called it on day one.

Hmm.

Well, she ran. I'm astounded actually. I only had about a 3% probability on that. A little higher than the < 1% chance of her being aquitted.

I honestly thought she'd be lynched before the trial began or somehow during the proceedings.

But I can say this, wherever she ran to, she cannot be reached. It would be like finding a particular, unique grain of sand in the Sahara.

I would have to agree with Endeavor; it is likely that Timeslip is well beyond the reach of the officers of this erstwhile court. It would surprise me if she ever returned to this world... and maybe that's for the best. Her last-minute flight from the very first court of the One Race - however imperfect it may have been - has set back the cause of self-governance by years, if not decades. I would hazard to guess that she would not be very welcome by anyone - nova or baseline, Terat or Utopian - at this juncture.

Everything that has gone on, and that's the biggest concern you can conjure up, Ptesan-Wi? A set-back for the Teragen pipe-dream of self-governance?

Let me remind you of a little someone named Min Ho. Let me remind you that Timeslip murdered her last August. Let me remind you that the same Timeslip came up with all kinds of excuses for her actions, excuses that were dismissed by a court of her own design!!!

Min is dead, her murderer is free, and the most you can say is that you're sad that it impacts your political hopes.

What the hell happened to the young girl that Wakinyan talked to me so much about when he was in a WCK cell? He said you were the most caring, warm-hearted person he'd ever known. To listen to him, you were like Lily from Labyrinth, nothing but sweetness and light. What happened to you? Did trying to wrap your head around the pack of lies the Teragen calls a philosophy crack your psyche, or have you started believing your own "I'm a goddess spirit" press?

Get yourself fixed, Ptesan-Wi, because from what I can see, you're on the same road that Timeslip walked down, and I'm getting very tired of watching that happen to the novas around me.

Originally Posted By: Doctor Nova Madigan
I can't speak for every "nova or baseline, Terat or Utopian," but she's welcome in my home, Ptesan-Wi.

Hey, from what I've heard and read you strike me as a sensible kind of lady, so I want to ask you something. How come? She killed someone, requested a trial, got that trial and then skipped out on a guilty verdict. I thought you were a law and order type, or at least a right and wrong type.

That's a good question, and it deserves a good answer. However, I'm afraid I don't have one. The best I can offer is this:

I have a feeling, and it's something I cannot quantify, that there is more to this situation than anyone knows. The pieces of the puzzle don't add up to a whole picture, and they don't fit together correctly anyway. It's not tidy. There's no solid cause and effect, or motive and action. I am left wondering why Timeslip did the things that she did, and there is no motive or compulsion or sequence of events--no matter how byzantine--that I can hypothesize which would re-create what actually happened.

It just doesn't add up.

Also, there are things which I know on a personal level that I cannot discuss. Whatever else may have transpired, I owe Timeslip my hospitality. Not out of indebtedness, but out of everyday human decency. I freely offer it at any time, no questions asked.

Seventeen days since she ran... and not a single sighting of Jager since. Dollars to donuts that she dragged him off to some other damned universe.

I'm not sure who I'm more angry with: Timeslip for doing it, or Jager for pulling another one-man-army trick and getting himself caught.

Originally Posted By: Sandcaster
Seventeen days since she ran... and not a single sighting of Jager since. Dollars to donuts that she dragged him off to some other damned universe.

Yeah, it would sure suck to be imprisoned in an entire universe. Beats the hell out of a 2-meter cube in Bahrain with an ice pick in your node, though, doesn't it?

I have no great love for Project Utopia, Dr. Madigan. That said, color me skeptical of the "torture-chamber" rumors that circulate regarding their holding facilities. I would be surprised if the reality bears any real semblance to the legend, beyond both involving a jail.

A bunch of crap that has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

That isn't the fucking point, though. She could have done this before this fucking joke of a trial even started. The fact remains that she asked for a trial on her terms, received a trial on her terms, and then refused to abide the judgment of that trial. What a load of horseshit. She's proven herself out to be nothing more than the compromising chickenshit I always knew she was.

I'm not sure who I'm more angry with: Timeslip for doing it, or Jager for pulling another one-man-army trick and getting himself caught.

The small child who put on a drama for the world to see with no care what fall-out would do the rest of us. I have this to say, if she did not wish to take the punishment, she should not have gone to trail.

Originally Posted By: Matryoshka

The small child who put on a drama for the world to see with no care what fall-out would do the rest of us. I have this to say, if she did not wish to take the punishment, she should not have gone to trail.

It's 'trial', genius.

Codex,

You're with the Project, and appear to not just be another mouthpiece. Mind giving us some indicator of what's going on in your camp these days, beyond the very terse and utterly uninformative sound-bytes that the PR types are releasing?

The increasingly insular nature of the Project only serves to spawn boogyman stories, and those stories are being used to stir up one hell of a lot of fear-mongering and discontent.

The Burrito Barn has their all you can eat nacho buffet for only $4.50! Free drink refills included. Why didn't that ever hit the 'news'?

Now that's important stuff that needs to be known. We should spend less time with our nose in everyone else's business an more time with our face in a bowl all you can eat nachos.

Originally Posted By: Tawny 'Codex' March
Originally Posted By: Matryoshka

It's 'trial', genius.

I meant what I said, child. Or did my pun slip past you? Oh if I have to explain it, it will lose all meaning.

I have a feeling, and it's something I cannot quantify, that there is more to this situation than anyone knows. The pieces of the puzzle don't add up to a whole picture, and they don't fit together correctly anyway. It's not tidy. There's no solid cause and effect, or motive and action. I am left wondering why Timeslip did the things that she did, and there is no motive or compulsion or sequence of events--no matter how byzantine--that I can hypothesize which would re-create what actually happened.
And so the conspiracy theories start. And of course one wouldn’t want to give undo weight to something as slight as a trial and the judgment there of, especially when compared against something as solid as an unquantified feeling not shared even by the accused. Excuse me, “the convicted”.

Post hoc ergo propter hocAfter this, therefore because of this.

I think Jager is known to be mysterious, sometimes for the purpose of being mysterious.

Yeah, it would sure suck to be imprisoned in an entire universe. Beats the hell out of a 2-meter cube in Bahrain with an ice pick in your node, though, doesn't it?
Sure, after all, it’s not like she was running around picking fights with law enforcement and then killing them… oh, wait…

Archived