Fiction Discussion Thread

jameson (ST)

So, after reading Carver's story "My Heart and My Soul" I commented to her in chat that I found it interesting how the bulk of detail was put into the mundane side of the story and the supernatural aspects were given only sparing detail. I noted that the entire story almost read like it was all the delusion of a mad woman.

Did anybody else catch this?

Jim, I am really enjoying your Nightbane story. Your care with crafting the various characters in particular has made it enjoyable; that kind of care helps us to care about that characters and gets us involved and rooting for them. This is also turning into a good introduction into the Nightbane world. Thanks for writing it.

Thanks! I have one (maybe two) more set(s) of characters I want to create before I start to double back on characters, so expect to meet somebody new with the next one and possibly the one after.

Edit: I should note for those who are familiar with Nightbane that this is my take on the setting which includes ignoring the 4th and 5th source books, The Survival Guide, and Shadows of Light, as well as my personal interpretations of the games various races and factions.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to second Dawn there - I finally found the time to read your fics and they are awesome. The setting sounds absolutely awesome and I got a good feeling of how the world of Nightbane works. This is based on a RPG? I never heard of it before and now that I read your fics, I need to find out more about it.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, I decided to bring up this proposal for people who'd be interested... who wants to do a Hellsing Abridged writing project? Really wouldn't be any different than our usual sort of fiction styles... The only major characters we'd probably need to have are Alucard, Integra, Walter and Police Girl (and only the first and last of those should be PCs). The rest would be original characters, working with the Hellsing organization.

Who's with me on this?

I'd have to make an original character, as I wouldn't do the core characters justice.

Would you mind if we parody ourselves in a way?

If no one has an issue - I'm not the GM, after all...

,, ,,

Can I call dibs on Police Girl? :D

Yeah, go for it.

Still thinking on my classy, intellectual character (who also knows Escrima) and is a capable fighter - and American too.

"To paraphrase Shakespeare: Foes, Nazis, zombies! ....Lend me your heads."

Archived