RPG Book project

Ian Watson

Hey, everyone. I've started up a new project, one which I hope will find a wide audience. This may not look immediately applicable to the Trinity Universe at first, but keep reading. Mods can move the thread if they deem necessary. (:

I've just started the RPGBooks Wiki. Unlike many other Wikis, this one isn't an encyclopedia. The idea here is to provide a central nexus for people who want to create their own RPG ebooks. Anyone can start a project if they have a valid outline.

The only requirements are that the book be for a "dead" game line (i.e. not in active production, like Vampire: The Requiem, but stuff like the old World of Darkness or the Trinity Universe is okay), and that everything be open.

By "open," I mean that anyone can contribute. Anyone can edit any of the text at any time. There are no assigned authors and nothing stays behind the curtain. The whole way, the book's out in the open.

How well will it work? I have no idea. I'm hoping it'll be a success, but I don't know.

To get things started, I've put up the outline for the unfinished CtheC project, Trinity Storytellers Handbook. As I get permission from the original authors, I'll be adding their drafts, as well. (Alejandro Melchor's chapter is available at the time I post this.) With the entire community pitching in, maybe we'll finally finish the dang thing. (:

I'll also be adding the outlines for the Aberrant ST Handbook and Trinity: Battleground - LoneStar. There was nearly no work done on either of those, so those'll be pretty much fresh projects from the ground up.

This is all one big experiment. I hope I'm laying some new ground here. I'd love it if any of you wanted to join me.

::blink My plate's already full for the forseeable future, but I think (or at least hope ::rolleyes ) that you'll find some serious takers here at EON and/or N!Prime.

Best of luck to you. ::thumbup1

Well, I'm not really placing a time limit on anything, although there's certainly the potential for that if people want it for their own projects. Thanks for the well wishes. (:

Yeah, that's the one drawback of the WIKI format that immediately came to my mind. It's the tradeoff for getting new material in more quickly, but I'm far from sure that I'd care for such immediate editing. At least with peer review one has to give good reason for the suggested changes.

Of course, all that might be moot if Ian (& his crew) retains some sort of general editorial oversight over the whole deal. ::cool

Archived