Aberrant RPG - Dumbo Syndrom as a Weakness

BlueNinja

I was arguing this in the N! Prime chat about whether or not certain Aberrations could be linked to powers, and what it would be worth. I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks about it.

Since you can take Aberrations as Flaws, could you take certain Aberrations as weaknesses on powers? Specifically, have Dumbo Syndrome linked to a single power, so that your nova could use other powers normally but require a focus for that single power?

How many points would such a weakness be worth?

How much less would it be worth if it relied on a type of item instead of a specific one? (example, needing any kind of pen instead of your Fancy Engraved Graduation Pen.)

How much less would it be worth if you didn't suffer the additional Permanent Taint gain for your unique item being destroyed?

My book isn't with me, but isn't Dumbo tied to all powers? Like Green Lantern's Ring?

That asside, this seems like a medium aberration, so it would be a -3 or -4 flaw.

If it's "all pens" then cut that in half.

AFAICT there could be no "taint" penality on this since it's already not a taint thing. That's good and bad. If you lose the gadget, and it's to one power, I'd say you just lose the power (harsh but just punishment). If it's all powers, then better figure out a way to get it back.

1) Yeah, and it's nasty (if you permanently lose the item, it's a point of perm taint, and you trade in the Dumbo Syndrome for another aberration). Without the item (temporarily, of course), you lose all powers and Mega-atts (APB).

2) Howver, the point was to take an aberration and apply it to a specific power to cheapen the power, rather than in general. Dumbo Syndrome is one of the few, though, that you can do it with. If you do want to do seomthing like this, just treat it as limiting the power's targets, and treat accordingly....

FR

Archived