I need an answer

BlueNinja

Ok, in Greek mythology, the sun is Apollo's chariot that he pulls across the sky.

Can anyone tell me what the names of the horses are that pull it? I want to use one of them for the name of a spaceship, and it seems much cooler than simply calling it "Apollo's Chariot".

And Trans-D players, no this has nothing to do with the current episode.

Nothing on it in wikipedia or the rest of google...perhaps they werent given names...
Yes, I know, I've tried searching google with 7 different methods of writing it out, and while I did find a myth site that said there were four horses, none of them said what the names were.

If you start here and double check here, you get a decent list that includes Lampos and Actaeon. Neither of these points back to any primary source, however, and I always question unattributed claims like that.

Eos (Aurora/Dawn) definitely has horses named Lampus and Phaethon in line 246 of Book 23 of the Odyssey, although that's Eos rather than Apollo.

The Greek words (that I can find right now) for chariot are pōlikos, arma, and dithros, if that helps. A dithros has room for two (hence the di-) and is more specifically a war-chariot since it holds both a driver and a warrior. An arma seems to be the same thing as a dithros.

Archived