One can only assume that it was going to be in Asia Ascendant, but Bruce Baugh and the others didn't get a chance to finish it up (or perhaps it was going to be covered by another writer?).

Interesting enough to cover though in an EON e-book...?

JC

I remember Snead saying that AsAs was in it's finished form, that it was only waiting for WW to make it into an e-book.

If an EON e-book was ever made for Indonesia, it would probably be really short. Probably smaller than a Trinity Field Report. Unless someone wanted to be very in depth.

AsAs was released in pdf form (no artwork unfortunately), I don't have the link as it was a long while ago but it's available at baugh's homepage, just google asia ascendant.

I know, I've had it for well over a year now. But I remember Baugh saying that the text in AsAs was pretty much what would have gone into the final version, if WW hadn't cancelled the series.

• 7 months later...

The actual answer is that I wrote the setting material for the Asia book before the Australia book was out, and I assumed incorrectly that Indonesia would be in the Australia book, and they likely assumed it would be dealt with in the Asia book.

The actual answer is that I wrote the setting material for the Asia book before the Australia book was out, and I assumed incorrectly that Indonesia would be in the Australia book, and they likely assumed it would be dealt with in the Asia book.

You wrote AsAs?? Really???

Yep, thats John Snead. He's worked on other Aeon books too. Every now and then he pops by here, like a phantom, and then he's gone again. He's mysterious like that.

Whoa whoa, wait...you guys had AsAs typed up at the same time as AuAu? Damn, that's thinking ahead. When was Terra Verde made? Too bad you guys didn't have any other stuff made up when the line was cancelled (aside from that bit on Qin that was going to go into the aliens book that was posted here long ago, and that robotic unit that you didn't put into AsAs because of space).

So did you guys have anything for Indonesia planned in your little noggins? Or was it all just going to be made up on the spot? I know that Bates (not sure about Baugh) didn't have anything special planned for the United African Nations. And for that matter, did you know if anything special was planned for the Middle East? I don't mean like a book supplement (Bates told me he couldn't imagine justifying a whole book for the Middle East, sales-wise) but any meta-plot plans? Or for Africa for that matter?

Sorry for asking so much. I'm a total Trinity nerd.

The Qin stuff was posted here by someone...either in this general discussion forum or the newcomers forum. Basically, they were rules for making a Qin character, with details on how they use psi and the cool biotech stuff you could add into their suits.

The robotic thing is...I don't know where. Snead was going to add in stats for a robot, but didn't have space for it in AsAs. he posted it in a thread somewhere here as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa whoa, wait...you guys had AsAs typed up at the same time as AuAu? Damn, that's thinking ahead. When was Terra Verde made? Too bad you guys didn't have any other stuff made up when the line was cancelled (aside from that bit on Qin that was going to go into the aliens book that was posted here long ago, and that robotic unit that you didn't put into AsAs because of space).

Actually, we were merely writing it while AuAu was in final editing, and I didn't ask for the files.
So did you guys have anything for Indonesia planned in your little noggins? Or was it all just going to be made up on the spot?
I don't know of any plans for indonesia and have no idea what I'd have written if I'd included it.
I know that Bates (not sure about Baugh) didn't have anything special planned for the United African Nations. And for that matter, did you know if anything special was planned for the Middle East? I don't mean like a book supplement (Bates told me he couldn't imagine justifying a whole book for the Middle East, sales-wise) but any meta-plot plans? Or for Africa for that matter?
There were plans for a UAN book, but they were never more than vague plans for a book describing Africa in a fairly utopian fashion while also talking about the new order that's been mentioned here before. My only thought at the time involved describing the ruins of some of the Nova-era African arcologies & the fact that much of the Sahara remained green and verdant after Antaeus effort's in the early 21st century.

• 5 months later...

That was a shame, I asked Andrew whether I should include anything on Indonesia since there would have a lot of interaction with Australia. He told me it would be in the Asia book.

Archived