Aberrant RPG - Mega-Attributes & Comic Book Characters

Black Death

The thing is, those aren't the only feats he's had, strengthwise. He's also:

-Held onto a flying ICBM

-Made Kleiser feel his punches ( Note this is the same guy who mostly got annoyed when Nick Fury emptied an M16 into his skull )

-Grappled with Spiderman on even terms ( and with Spidey in rather a state at the time, and Cap trying to calm him down; IOW, not likely he's holding back )

-Caught and lifted a rather large tree ( as in, one big enough around he couldn't get his arms all the way around it )

-Impaled his shield into a stone wall from several hundred feet away ( WWII era shield, too, so probably not even adamantium )

-Lept what looked to be several stories up ( the scene was a bit ambiguous, however )

Also, I think you underestimate how much strength the Giant Man fight demonstrated. Yeah, Giant Man isn't that tough, but he was still strong enough to do stuff like picking up and throwing heavy machinery, and smashing a jeep. Also, while most of the damage done to Hank was by the pipes dropped on him, Cap dropped the pipes by throwing a metal pulley at the chains holding them up. Which is to say, he threw something with enough force to go quite a distance ( looked to be at least a hundred feet ) and smash a rig strong enough to hold quite alot of tons of piping. ( and it didn't look like he merely damaged it and let the weight do the rest, either )

As for the Hulk fight, gonna have to disagree there, too. I didn't see any sign that he was faking it. . . or that he knew particularly that Cap had the antidote on him til he pulled it out. Admittedly, all he did was Stun him, essentially, but he did succeed at that.

Oh, and regarding cars, someone ( I think Nick Fury? ) actually did mention him as "able to benchpress a Buick," though that was in banter, so its not really strong evidence in itself.

( Btw, Wikipedia? Not exactly what I'd call a strong source of info. . . )

Oh, and just for my sanity's benefit, quick question: You don't believe 616 Captain America is as strong or stronger than Ultimate Cap, do you?

-Held onto a flying ICBM

Standard Strength field. He only needs to hold his own weight and 5 auto should do that.

-Made Kleiser feel his punches ( Note this is the same guy who mostly got annoyed when Nick Fury emptied an M16 into his skull )

M16 is what, 7d lethal? Cap's punches would be 7[5]+acc, or roughly 13-ish... and that's before we might have to factor in Find Weakness.

-Grappled with Spiderman on even terms ( and with Spidey in rather a state at the time, and Cap trying to calm him down; IOW, not likely he's holding back )

I didn't see that one, nor do I have a good feel for how strong Ultimate Spidey is or whether he has 616's inhibitions towards hurting people.

-Caught and lifted a rather large tree ( as in, one big enough around he couldn't get his arms all the way around it )

Give him 5 dots in Might and he basically doubles his lifting ability.

-Impaled his shield into a stone wall from several hundred feet away ( WWII era shield, too, so probably not even adamantium )

That's about right for Mega-Strength 1. To put that in perspective, the wall took 5[5] and didn't fall. Most walls are going to fall over if they take 5[10] or 5[15].

Also, I think you underestimate how much strength the Giant Man fight demonstrated. Yeah, Giant Man isn't that tough, but he was still strong enough to do stuff like picking up and throwing heavy machinery, and smashing a jeep.

Considering G-Man never hit Cap that doesn't mean anything. For that matter, if Cap had Mega-Strength 2 then he could be the one throwing jeeps and heavy machinery around.

Also, while most of the damage done to Hank was by the pipes dropped on him, Cap dropped the pipes by throwing a metal pulley at the chains holding them up. Which is to say, he threw something with enough force to go quite a distance ( looked to be at least a hundred feet ) and smash a rig strong enough to hold quite alot of tons of piping. ( and it didn't look like he merely damaged it and let the weight do the rest, either )

He cut an moving, undodging steel cable. Even assuming he didn't use find weakness on it (and Capt's the kind of a guy who would have it) he's going to get lots of acc on it.

The Math: Thrown object does 5[5]+acc, and as Cap is an expert at throwing objects, he has 10 dice, maybe with one Mega-Die. So his acc bonus on this would be 5. So that's 10d[5], on an object that might have a soak of 8 and 2 health levels.

As for the Hulk fight, gonna have to disagree there, too. I didn't see any sign that he was faking it. . . or that he knew particularly that Cap had the antidote on him til he pulled it out.

And who gave him the antidote? Banner, right? He made up one dose before he left.

And even if we assume that the Hulk didn't know that it was Cap that had the antidote, the fight had been pretty frustrating so far with Cap dodging everything. Nor am I inclined to give someone an extra dot or two of strength just because in one fight at one time he rolled really well.

Oh, and regarding cars, someone ( I think Nick Fury? ) actually did mention him as "able to benchpress a Buick," though that was in banter, so its not really strong evidence in itself.

No it's not. But with one dot of Mega-Strength and a 5 might, he could press 2 tones, or 4 thousand pounds. The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) for the buick rainer is 5550lbs. http://www.buick.com/rainier/specs_all.jsp Granted, that's only one car, but it's pretty close.

Oh, and just for my sanity's benefit, quick question: You don't believe 616 Captain America is as strong or stronger than Ultimate Cap, do you?

No. Ultimate Cap is much stronger.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to be clear, Fury refers to Cap being able to press a Toyota...not quite in Buick territory there. ::biggrin

As for the tree...yeah, that's a good example, but IIRC, Cap actually deflects(with his strength mind you) that tree onto a nearby truck. So he didn't really have to hold it up.

Archived