Trinity Movies

Needles

There's a lot to pull from, depending on the kind of Trinity game you want, but as an off the top of my head list:

Blade Runner (duh)

Minority Report (Clears, some cool tech and a little bioware inspiration)

Equilibrium (general near future action eye candy)

Fifth Element (arcologies, some tech, hover cars)

Alien & sequels (classic sci-fi horror/action)

Earth: Final Conflict (in the begining an interesting resourse for Qin and bioware, less so the goofier it got, stick to first season)

Spriggan (excellent resource for Superiors)

Top Gun (Pheonix Squad but in atmosphere)

Basic (general Legions/military refrence)

Cowboy Beebop (general sci-fi and mood refrence)

Ghost in the Shell 1 & 2 & TV (quintissential source for Japan in Trinity)

Confesssions of a Dangerous Mind (oddball Norca refrence)

Spy Game (another Norca/spy refrence)

Lain (wierd, but a lot of strange and intruiging ideas)

Read or Die *R.O.D.* (innovative neo pulp stylings and Aberrant level powers, general refrence)

Pitch Black (darker, more gritty sci-fi)

Firefly/ Serenity (similar to Beebop in some ways, a space western)

Event Horizon (space horror done fairly well)

Farscape (every hair-brained fantasy you EVER had about space and aliens)

New Battlestar Galactica (complex story, excellent Legions source)

Blue Sub 6 (post apocalyptic bent with some Aberrants in there, good for a France campiegn)

Aeon Flux (the movie at least has a TON of bioware and a fair amount of other cool gadgetry, I'm told the series is good if you can stand the animation)

Incredibles (more for Aberrant, but still decent for some tech ideas)

Well, that's off the top of my head anyway. I know there are a few serieses and TV shows in there, but even most of those have a movie component you can watch to get the gist of what the series will offer.

Aeon Flux (the movie at least has a TON of bioware and a fair amount of other cool gadgetry, I'm told the series is good if you can stand the animation)

The animation is one of the things that makes it stand out. It's not trying to look pretty, it's trying to look bizarre and strange. I highly recommend the series to anyone that likes anime. Really, the only bad thing I can take from this anime is that MTV brought a lawsuit against White Wolf over the word "Aeon"

On topic:

The last post pretty much named everything I could think of with a few exceptions.

X:1999 (It's not very good when compared to the manga since they crammed too much into so little time, but it's a good source for Aberrant inspiration. The

amount of power the people in this movie get is just ridiculous. Building smashing fun.)

Akira (An obvious choice...they even listed it as a reference in the main sourcebook. It's also great for Aberrant monster ideas, and the overall mood can mesh well with Trinity.)

Steamboy (A recent anime movie, and a MUST SEE if you plan on running any Adventure game. The tech in this movie is almost too perfect for an Adventure series. You could very easily place this movie directly into the Aeonverse.)

Babylon 5 (A good view of how life in a space station can be, especially during times of war. The stellar conflicts and politicking between aliens and factions is something Trinity can relate to on every level.)

And here are some video games. I know you requested movies, but video games can give good inspiration too. I pretty much only play Japanese RPGs on the Playstations, so my list will be limited.

Final Fantasy 7 (The beginning of the game focuses on the city of Midgar, which is a good reference for arcology life in Trinity. The Golden Saucer could also be inspiration for any Trinity amusement park. The city of Neibelheim could also very easily fit into the Trinity universe somewhere in Europe. Most of the game is just too different from Trinity after leaving Midgar, but if you look closely there are plenty of elements to draw from.)

Final Fantasy X (You can easily draw a paralell between Aberrant relic technology and the machina of FFX. Also, the people of FFX's Spira live in fear of their past, and in fear of the monster, Sin, that thier past has created. This is very similar to Trinity and its Aberrants.)

Xenosaga 1 (This game is just great inspiration for any sci-fi setting. There are all kinds of religious references thrown in, with just enough pseudo-science and fantasy to make it both believable and interesting. The game is great for not only ideas on aliens and technology, but for the storytelling. The characters in the game mesh well and thier stories are interesting, and the overall plot is a prime example of a story that has been planned out from the very beginning to the very end. Episode 2 was an okay game, but not nearly as good as the first. You're safer sticking with just Episode 1)

Star Ocean: Til the End of Time (The game has quite possibly the worst plot twist of anything I have ever encountered, but it still has strong points. Many parts of the game can be labeled "fantasy" but there are plenty of richly sci-fi parts with great atmosphere and technology. The intro alone made me think of Trinity after I saw it!)

That's all I can think of right now...

Outland: I needed Sean Connery...Great for an Aeon spacer series.

Alien: Replace the xenopmorph with an abbie

Aliens: Replace the Marines with Legionaires, and the alien with an abbie

Alien 3: Must Escape Bahrain! Replace alien with lobotomized abbie

Aline 4: Replace the tech with steampunk, the aliens with "otherdimensional monsters", and toss in some adventurers

Some other anime:

s-Crye-d: Great for abbies

FR

There is also an X tv series that takes things a bit slower and has an interesting difference in the ending from the movie. I haven't read the manga so I''m not sure which of the two is closer, but yeah, both are pretty over the top in regards to power level. There's also an anime series I believe regarding Subaru (from X) in specific, though I can't remember for the life of me what it's called.

Other movies I thought up in the meantime...

Returner (general whacky sci-fi)

X-Men (general Aberrant ref)

Imposter (not good, but somewhat entertaining, general sci-fi refrence)

Double Vision (more a horror ref, but good for creepy Aberrant inspiration)

Earth 2 (an older, and not per se exceptional TV show, but the opening premise and some of the colonization woes might be inspirational, and it's on DVD now strangely enough)

Archived