Hello from Egypt!

ezekiel

Hey everyone! Been in Egypt for two weeks now. Did Hong Kong and Thailand very quickly before getting here. Anyway, I'm having an awesome time here (in Aswan right now, I'll be seeing Abu Simbel tomorrow, did the Valley of the Kings, Queens, Temple of Karnak, in the last few days and the view of the nile from my hotel room is to die for! Pretty darn cheap too, 5US$ for an air-conditioned room with clean shower/bathroom, small desk to write and a pool on the roof, can't ask for much more. Spent the last couple weeks doing the desert in western egypt, sleeping by starlight and all that.

I'll be going to Dahab by the red sea in a few days after I've sailed up the nile a bit. 10 days or so on the beach...aww...torture! ;)

K, nuff rubbing it in...I see I may not miss that much in-game time after all on the boards...hope Prof makes it back soon. Hopefully his back's better too. Anyway, I may give some news later, won't be back in Canada til end of July, still got Tunisia and the Italian and French coasts to do...

Hasta la vista! ::cool

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my advanced diving course, diving's gorgeous here! Anyway, my job wasn't anything special (teaching English in Taiwan), all you need is a university degree in anything and the will to travel...having half decent teaching skills doesn't hurt either.

Think I'm going a bit overbudget though, not holding myself back on anthing, can be expensive! ::blush

Read:

Getting hammered costs me bout 6US$ (80cents a beer)

Eating grilled fish til the stomach bursts costs me bout 8US$

Al Capone's Banana Chocolate Thick shake - 2US$

Advanced Padi Course 180US$

Diving the Canyon and Blue hole...priceless!

(so really its just excursions and courses that are budget busters)

Rubbing it in...off.

Zeke

- Certified to go deep ::wink

Archived