Aberrant: Into the Demons Heart - Into the Demons Heart

Bahamut810

Michelle's story:

A light started to flash in Michelle's room. It was the familiar light of the TDD system that Michelle kept to keep in touch with her family and a few close friends. What was so strange about it, was that all her family was home right now. And fact that it was 1 AM didn't help either. The number on the caller ID came up as unknown.

Tobias' Story:

The night was quiet. Not long ago was the first encounter. It wasen't *much* of an encounter...but it was enough to scare the crap out of the boy. The fact that he was feeling much different now didn't help. The music he was playing in the background helped, but his mind kept coming back to the same thing.

The eyes. When he met the eyes he felt a cold chill run down his spine. He *knew* what he...no it...was, somewhat. At the time it didn't seem prudent. Too many people around who didn't seem to notice the evil being in their midst. That and the fact that he had never seen or felt anything like that before.

What was it? Why was it there? What was it doing? And to who?

Ben's Story:

Ben threw his bag over his shoulder as the bus pulled away. This was a new city to him. Hopefully it could help him start a new life, and forget his old one. He didn't know why but he had felt compelled to start new here in New York.

He looked down the bustleing terminal where a large sign proclaimed that he was in Manhattan and flashed the time, 1 AM. There was graffeti all over the walls in all different shapes and sizes. There was even a pair of kids who looked about 14 or 15 dressed in a new set gang colors making new art on the wall.

Something clicked in Ben's head. The symbol that was the center of the design. Something was familiar about it. It was a very smooth circular symbol that looked like most of a cursive "U" whoes right side combined with a curvy "E" shape. He looked at the kids again and noticed that they werent just *wearing* their gang colors (a deep red, and black...possibly the Bloods?) but they both had deep red hair and their eyes are the same. Something gnawed at the back at Ben's head. He *knew* the symbol...but from where? What was it for?

Maximillian's Story:

His back was halfway unpacked when he heard the knock at the front door. Max had just gotten back from a rather successful basejumping run at one of a few places that he enjoyed attending.

There was a slight scuffle as the Butler quickly made his way to it and opened it.

"Hello?" he said in his thick english accent.

"Is Mr. Maximillian Green in? My name is Thomas Kincade, Im with the NYPD. I was hoping to speak with him." came a smooth, young voice.

"The NYPD? Hmmm...Well, please wait here and I shall see if he is available to speak with you."

The elderly man makes his way to Max's room and knocks lightly on the nearly closed door.

"Mr. Green? There is a detective at the door who wishes to speak with you. Do you wish to speak to him?"

• 3 weeks later...

TO RECAP:

Michelle's Story

At 1am Michelle got a call. A woman named Anja Cunningham wanted to come meet her. Michelle quickly mobilised her own little strike force to prepare the parlor for her (not too trusted) guest.

When Anja arrived a bolt of recognition ran through Michelle. Not only that, but the newcomer seemed to know a lot of personal info about Michelle. Personal things like her 'real' sign name, and different gestures she used with her servants. She noticed not only how attractive Anja was, but a Tattoo on her forehead that seemed to disapear after a few seconds.

When we last left our hero, she was about to begin talks with the woman who knew so much about her.

Tobias' Story

After a rather satisfying night camping with his significant other (which was just want he needed after the 'incident'), Tobias decided to head back to the ranch and try to get on with his life.

While driving along, he (with his newfound enhanced senses) discovered an abnormal 'hole' in the foliage. Upon closer examination he found that there was a truck that was flipped over, and a man inside the cab who's arm was nearly amputated by the accident!

As he was trying to decide what to do with the man his senses save yet another life as he notices a large creature trying to sneak up on him. The Bear sized wolf/naked mole rat thing itself was suprised when Tobias turned on him and lept for an attack.

Ben's Story

Ben on the other hand, had quite an unproductive night (As far). After leaving the bus station, he came upon a suspicious man. The trenchcoat clad man (with no socks) slowly and carefully made sure they were alone and there was no one there to make an arrest should anything illegal happen.

The (rightly) suspicious Ben made sure to be on the defence. When the man ripped open his coat to show a slightly out of shape birthday suit, ben made his own move and vanished from sight.

The man was understandably considerably frightened. He quickly closed his coat and proceeded to run down the street screaming in fear.

When we last left this hero (?) he was furthering his progress down the street.

Maximillian's Story

Max, having just gotten back from an excellent adventure in basejumping, reluctantly agreed to see the police officer at the door.

After a rather short conversation Max found out that there was a cult of terrorist-crazies who called themselves the 'Body of Tiamat' who had decided that he was, in fact, part of the body of this god-figure.

Max was flabbergasted for a moment, but quickly gathered his wits as he say a couple places on the detectives forehead that started to shine. He felt different somehow...but regained his unbelieving composure.

When we left this anti-hero, he was in the process of asking for identification for Detective Thomas Kincade, and calling the police to verify it.

Nikki's story

When we left this latecomer, we had just found out that she was going to stay with a friend of the colleges disabled daughter for the duration.

They were about to leave, when they heard a frantic screaming from down the road.

As he was trying to decide what to do with the man his senses save yet another life as he notices a large creature trying to sneak up on him. The Bear sized wolf/naked mole rat thing itself was suprised when Tobias turned on him and lept for an attack.

[Well put. To summarize Tobias's gratuitously complex attack plan:]

Tobias gapes at the monstrosity as his mind sings with a silent horror. Then the teen bursts into action as he realizes that for the wounded man's sake, it must be dispatched quickly so that Tobias can start a frantic drive down the road to a house with a phone.

Hoping for a quick kill (though not quite embracing the concept of "kill" in his mind or his heart), Tobias feints to the right, then jumps as high as he can, plants his hands on the creature's shoulders, and tries to tumble over. If he makes it, he extends his claws from his wrists to hopefully decapitate the creature.

Ben's Story

Ben on the other hand, had quite an unproductive night (As far).  After leaving the bus station, he came upon a suspicious man.  ...  The man was understandably considerably frightened.  He quickly closed his coat and proceeded to run down the street screaming in fear.

When we last left this hero (?) he was furthering his progress down the street.

::innocent

Having thrown her bags into the trunk, Nikki hear's the scream and spins toward it, effortlessly snaging her Aluminum Bat in the process.

"What the f*&#?"

Shocked by the sheer horror in the shriek, the High School baseball star immediately sprints off in the direction of the scream---

Michelle gestures Jack and Rose out of the room before taking a seat at the delicate little table, pointing to the spare seat for Anja to take. Like all of her house, the parlour is a mixture of baroque and Victorian styles with an emphasis on the romantic and Pre-Raphaelite, the furniture made of well-polished oakwood and the fabrics light, airy, lacy and coloured in entirely feminine pastels. As a good hostess should, Michelle lays out the packet tea-cakes, the selection of fine teas from Early Grey to Ginger Zinger and the delicate floral-decorated tea set, each movement graceful with the ease of long practice.

When she has made tea to Anja's wishes, she makes herself a cup of chamomile and watches the pretty blonde expectantly.

OOC: Etiquette Roll may be appropriate here.

Michelle's Story

For the first time since she arrived Anja frowns. You can tell that she is very unsure right now...its almost as if the feeling is a bright shining beacon for you now. That quickly goes away as she looks back up at you, almost as if she herself sensed that you senced that she was unsure of herself (if you can keep up with that).

"Some Earl Grey if you would."

He waits and accepts her tea, then once Michelle has her own she starts in sign language.

"Well...I guess I should come out and say it. We are both...special people. Right now, Im not entirely sure why we are this way. But we are. I know that you saw my 'sign' when I walked in the door. I saw yours as well. Thats why I was so happy...I had found another one. Another piece of...something. The puzzle mabey. You have probably already awakened. Have you seen anything...monsterous latley? Or been able to do strange things?"

As you watch her you can pick up subtle hints about how she is feeling, and an uncanny feeling that she is telling the truth (as far ash she believes). That is something that strikes you as odd (yet another thing in this night of strangeness). Its not that you *think* that she believes what she is saying is truth. You *know* she thinks what she is saying is true. There is not any dought in your mind to that effect.

Tobias' Story

The ruse seems to work on the dim creature as it starts to go after you before you feign. You do a quick hop, skip and leap, landing your hands on its back expertly. Your claws quickly dig deep into its flesh as you roll off of it onto the ground behind it. As you come up from your tumble ready to face it again you hear it gasping for air, and a gurgleing sound coming from it. It slowly starts to turn and you can see purple blood coming from its throat and you see that where its esophagus should be is now several deep gouges. You get a whiff of a putrid stench that could only be that same blood as it steams when it lands. After another second, it falls forward and *seems* to be dead...

Ben's Story

You continue walking down the street. You smirk slowly fades as the mans screaming does in the distance. As you pass each building, you notice that each alley between them has grafetti lining the walls. You see the same symbol again and again...the combination of the U and the E. The grafetti seems odd in this nicer portion of the town.

Not much happens untill...

Maximillian's Story

Thomas Kincade smiles at the disturbed boy.

"Of course. I can understand you being a bit sceptical about this. I know I would be. Here you are."

He hands you a wallet that has a photo ID shows his picture, the name " Detective Thomas M. Kincade" and a badge with the number "456598" on it. As you look at it, everything seems to look official.

"Would you like the name and number of my boss? Or would you rather look it up?" He dosent seem phased in the least that you would dought his credentials. He does seem like a nice enough guy though.

Nikki's story

You quickly make your way towards the screaming man. You slow down as he approaches, hoping to see whats wrong with him. Wether he is ok or not. When he reaches you...he...just...keeps running, screaming something about ghosts, demons, and minions from hell sent to take his soul for his wrong doings. You also gratefully notice as he passes that his trench coat didnt flair up as he ran up to you when you catch a glimpse of a hairy bottom as he lets go of his jacket in hopes of running faster.

After regaining your composure, that feeling comes back. You can feel a strong spiritual force from behind you. You turn and look...and you see a man with black hair. He is walking away from you and is a few blocks down. He is wearing a dark colored jacket and jeans. He has a bag slung across his back.

You can tell that he is the large source of spirit that you felt...and was probably the spike of it you felt before.

The ruse seems to work on the dim creature as it starts to go after you before you feign. You do a quick hop, skip and leap, landing your hands on its back expertly. Your claws quickly dig deep into its flesh as you roll off of it onto the ground behind it. As you come up from your tumble ready to face it again you hear it gasping for air, and a gurgleing sound coming from it. It slowly starts to turn and you can see purple blood coming from its throat and you see that where its esophagus should be is now several deep gouges. You get a whiff of a putrid stench that could only be that same blood as it steams when it lands. After another second, it falls forward and *seems* to be dead...

Sticking his landing and spinning to face the creature and the truck, Tobias narrows his eyes at the creature. On impulse, he calls out to the wounded man again.

"Sir? Hello?"

Cursing himself for his stupidity almost immediately after making the call, Tobias starts his run to his truck, or any house within under a quarter of a mile.

Michelle gestures Jack and Rose out of the room before taking a seat at the delicate little table, pointing to the spare seat for Anja to take. Like all of her house, the parlour is a mixture of baroque and Victorian styles with an emphasis on the romantic and Pre-Raphaelite, the furniture made of well-polished oakwood and the fabrics light, airy, lacy and coloured in entirely feminine pastels. As a good hostess should, Michelle lays out the packet tea-cakes, the selection of fine teas from Early Grey to Ginger Zinger and the delicate floral-decorated tea set, each movement graceful with the ease of long practice.

When she has made tea to Anja's wishes, she makes herself a cup of chamomile and watches the pretty blonde expectantly.

OOC: Etiquette Roll may be appropriate here.

"I .... know what you're feeling," Michelle finally admits, putting her teacup down. "But I have not seen anything monstrous..."

Thomas Kincade smiles at the disturbed boy.

Max shivers a bit as the 'officer' smiles at him.

"Of course. I can understand you being a bit sceptical about this. I know I would be. Here you are."

He hands you a wallet that has a photo ID shows his picture, the name " Detective Thomas M. Kincade" and a badge with the number "456598" on it. As you look at it, everything seems to look official.

"Would you like the name and number of my boss? Or would you rather look it up?" He dosent seem phased in the least that you would dought his credentials. He does seem like a nice enough guy though.

Max grabs the phonebook next to the phone and opens it, "What precinct did you say you're with?"

Getting the info, Max calls the precinct, "Yes, I was wondering if you have a Thomas Kincade that works there, badge number 456598? Yeah, could I speak with his supervisor?"

(if the supervisor is there)

"Hi, my name is Max, I have a man here claiming to be officer Kincade saying some pretty outrageous stuff. What does he look like? Do you know what case he's working on?"

The man seemed nice enough, but Max just couldn't get that weird symbol on the guy's forehead out of his mind...

(Sorry, WorkGhost post....more later ::wink )

Nikki's story

You can feel a strong spiritual force from behind you.  You turn and look...and you see a man with black hair.  He is walking away from you and is a few blocks down.  He is wearing a dark colored jacket and jeans.  He has a bag slung across his back.

You can tell that he is the large source of spirit that you felt...and was probably the spike of it you felt before.

Scooping up a stone, Nikki shoulders her bat, pitches the rock at the 'Stranger's' feet (for accuracy) and times her yell to start just at impact (an old dog training trick)---

"Hey! what did you do to that poor man?"

As he turns, she stands up straight and ready, trying to get a 'feel' off of him...

Michelle's Story:

Anja's head tilts downwards slightly. She is conserned, worried and a bit confused.

"Hmmm...I thought that we all had to actually see something to 'awaken'..."

She shakes her head. "As you can tell...Im not too clear on all this yet. I have been having...visions since it happened. Im still trying to piece all the information together. They have told me where to find you...and some others like us. Im pretty sure at least. Most of them are already in the city. I think that if we can get in touch with them, things will become clearer for me."

She sighs. "I must sound crazy...I wouldent believe myself if I hadent seen something...and the symbol on your forehead. I mean...does anything feel differently to you? At all?"

Tobias' Story:

The man is silent...and the smell of blood is strong in the air.

You remember that there was a general-store about a mile down the line, and quickly get to your truck.

After a brief drive you get there, and make the call to the emergency services to get someone out there to help. You give them a good description of where everything is, and they tell you to stay on the line (and asks for your name) when a urgent thought surges to the front of your mind.

The accident site has a truck that was obviously flipped over from a difficult posisition and a dead thing that isent close to anything that you have heard of...

Ben and Nikki's Story:

Ben hears the sharp *Crack* of the rock when it hits and hears a female voice yell...

Hey! what did you do to that poor man?

Nikki feels something *different* about him. Its not as malicious as *some* that you have encountered before...but its much more energised.

Maxamillian's Story:

A pert young female officer answeres the phone. "3rd precinct, this is Rhonda. "

"Yes, I was wondering if you have a Thomas Kincade that works there, badge number 456598? Yeah, could I speak with his supervisor?"

You hear some clacking. "Just one moment, sir. Ill look him up right now. It looks like he is with the second Counter-terrorism unit that we have. It looks like he is in charge of the local cult activities that could turn into terrorist plots. His supervisor is Albert Simon. It looks like he is not here at the moment though...I could either leave him a message, or call him and patch you two together. I normally wouldent do that...but if its something to do with that unit...it might require his attention!"

Mr. Kincade sits there patiently, looking around. He seems calm enough right now.

The accident site has a truck that was obviously flipped over from a difficult posisition and a dead thing that isent close to anything that you have heard of...

Tobias shrugs.

Not my problem.

He gives his name and asks if there's anything he can do to help.

Ben and Nikki's Story:

Ben hears the sharp *Crack* of the rock when it hits and hears a female voice yell...

Nikki feels something *different* about him.  Its not as malicious as *some* that you have encountered before...but its much more energised.

Nikki swings her bat around behind her and uses it as a stool. He's not a 'Creepy', but sure has some power! Kinda like me.

"Hey guy, you sure scared that dude! I get the feeling we may have something in common, mind if we talk about it?"

Michelle's Story:

Anja's head tilts downwards slightly. She is conserned, worried and a bit confused.

"Hmmm...I thought that we all had to actually see something to 'awaken'..."

She shakes her head. "As you can tell...Im not too clear on all this yet. I have been having...visions since it happened. Im still trying to piece all the information together. They have told me where to find you...and some others like us. Im pretty sure at least. Most of them are already in the city. I think that if we can get in touch with them, things will become clearer for me."

She sighs. "I must sound crazy...I wouldent believe myself if I hadent seen something...and the symbol on your forehead. I mean...does anything feel differently to you? At all?"

"I can feel what you are feeling," Michelle repeats calmly. "Perhaps I have seen nothing yet because the monsters haven't searched me out yet? It's the only logical conclusion in my mind."

You hear some clacking. "Just one moment, sir. Ill look him up right now. It looks like he is with the second Counter-terrorism unit that we have. It looks like he is in charge of the local cult activities that could turn into terrorist plots. His supervisor is Albert Simon. It looks like he is not here at the moment though...I could either leave him a message, or call him and patch you two together. I normally wouldent do that...but if its something to do with that unit...it might require his attention!"

Not one to care too much about causing trouble to those in a position of authority, Max shoots a glance back at the detective then responds, "uhm, yeah, could you patch me through?"

Ben and Nikki's Story:

Ben ignored the woman at first, both because she was blocks away and because he’s playing the “innocent”, but as it became clear she either saw something or knew something he decided he had to respond.

Ben says easily,

”Oh, he just scared himself. But what did you have in mind?”

Michelle's Story:

"I can feel what you are feeling," Michelle repeats calmly. "Perhaps I have seen nothing yet because the monsters haven't searched me out yet? It's the only logical conclusion in my mind."

She looks unsure. "Thats strange. I guess we can awaken when we see eachother as well...not just when we 'need' the powers. Thats good to know. I am pretty sure that we..."

He looks over he shoulder to a wall thats to her left.

"Well speak of the devil...Some more of 'us' are here."

She smiles slightly, then her face turns to a frown.

"And they are in trouble! Im going to go help them...do you want to go?"

She seems so sure of herself. She *know* what is happening and possibly where they are. You even felt when her emotions took the quick jog from nervous, to relieved, to scared for their lives.

Tobias' Story:

The woman on the line tells you to hold tight and you have a plesant bout of small talk before a squad car pulls up.

A pair of police officers walk into the store.

"Is there a Tobias Connolly here?"

Ben and Nikki's Story:

As Ben turns around and looks at Nikki, both of them have a feeling of recognition...and they see glowing Tattoos on eachothers heads. Nikki sees a pie shape on Bens head pointing downwards and to the right, while Ben sees one on Nikki's head pointing down and to the left.

The moment, of course, passes and the marks fade and Nikki gets a strange feeling of empowerment she never had before...

Maxamillian's Story:

The cheery woman says, "Of course, sir! Just one second..." and she puts you on hold to some nice hold music.

Ben and Nikki's Story:

Your moment of zen is inturrupted when you start to hear a ringing...and a voice.

"Sh!t!...What could they want now? Damnedable technology..."

A man standing on the other side of the street fumbles in his jacket for (you assume) to be his phone. When ben gets a look at him, he notices that it is the man from the bus station. The man takes his phone out and quickly turns it off, then looks up at them.

He puts the phone away and retrieves a hankerchief from another pocket.

"Im sorry to intrude...but I couldent help but notice you both." he says as he wipes the sweat from his forhead. Once the cloth is moved out of the way, he makes a startleing change. His hair grows about 2 inches, and turns a dark shade of red. A pair of small 'devil' horns quickly materialise on his forhead as if they were invisable. A symbol appears on his forhead that is a duplicate of the one that was on the Bus Terminal wall.

"We have much to discuss...and you, are two very special people. I was hoping that we could talk about your future alliances."

Maxamillian's Story:

The phone rings a few times, but no one answers. After the 5th ring, the girl picks the line back up.

"Sir? It seems like he is not available to answer the line right now. Could I take a message?"

Ben and Nikki's Story:

… a feeling of recognition …Ben sees [a pie shaped tattoo] on Nikki's head pointing down and to the left.
Ben says to Nikki, half a statement and half a question,

“I know you.”

…the man from the bus station. …

"Im sorry to intrude...but I couldn’t help but notice you both." he says as he wipes the sweat from his forehead.  Once the cloth is moved out of the way, he makes a startling change.  His hair grows about 2 inches, and turns a dark shade of red.  A pair of small 'devil' horns quickly materialize on his forehead as if they were invisible.  A symbol appears on his forehead that is a duplicate of the one that was on the Bus Terminal wall. 

"We have much to discuss...and you, are two very special people.  I was hoping that we could talk about your future alliances."

Ben thinks *Do I see this… or do I just think I see this?*

Ben says, “… Alright. I’m listening. Who are you?”

The officer takes note of you, then he and his partner walk over.

"My name is officer Bentley, and this is Officer Griffin. We were hoping we could take you down to the station and ask you a few questions."

Tobias angles his head slightly and raises an eyebrow.

"Uh, no problem. What about the guy in the truck down there?"

He gestures vaguely down the road.

"I'm not under arrest or anything, am I?"

Maxamillian's Story:

The phone rings a few times, but no one answers. After the 5th ring, the girl picks the line back up.

"Sir? It seems like he is not available to answer the line right now. Could I take a message?"

A look of annoyance passes across Max's face, "No, thanks, that's fine... forget it."

He hangs up the phone and looks back at the detective, "Alright, so what was it you wanted detective? Like I said, I don't want any of your people staying in the house..."

She looks unsure. "Thats strange. I guess we can awaken when we see eachother as well...not just when we 'need' the powers. Thats good to know. I am pretty sure that we..."

He looks over he shoulder to a wall thats to her left.

"Well speak of the devil...Some more of 'us' are here."

She smiles slightly, then her face turns to a frown.

"And they are in trouble! I'm going to go help them...do you want to go?"

She seems so sure of herself. She *know* what is happening and possibly where they are. You even felt when her emotions took the quick jog from nervous, to relieved, to scared for their lives.

"From the sounds of it, I ought to. It doesn't sound good." Michelle presses an alarm that alerts Jack, who comes rushing in. She makes a few gestures that are too quick and strange to catch, telling him to get the car and some weapons ready and promising an explanation later. "There's no secrets between me, Jack and Rose. This will affect them also."

Ben and Nikki's Story:

As Ben turns around and looks at Nikki, both of them have a feeling of recognition...and they see glowing Tattoos on each others heads.
Eyes getting wide, Miss Brass thinks; What sort of tattoo is that?...
The moment, of course, passes and the marks fade and Nikki gets a strange feeling of empowerment she never had before...
Even more confused, Nikki starts to her feet, her aluminum bat clanking to the ground behind her.
Ben says to Nikki, half a statement and half a question,

“I know you.”

She can only nod in agreement...
"I'm sorry to intrude...but I couldn’t help but notice you both." ...he makes a startling change.  His hair grows about 2 inches, and turns a dark shade of red.  A pair of small 'devil' horns quickly materialize on his forehead as if they were invisible.  A symbol appears on his forehead that is a duplicate of the one that was on the Bus Terminal wall. 
Nikki reaches up and touches her forehead, lightly brushing here hair back(just to check)
."We have much to discuss...and you, are two very special people.  I was hoping that we could talk about your future alliances."
Nikki nods and gulps at the same time, "...and what are you?"

Michelle's Story:

"There's no secrets between me, Jack and Rose. This will affect them also."

"Yes, of course. Lets hurry though! They are only a few minutes away..."

Once everyone is assembled that will be going (Jack, Michelle and Anja) the quickly make their way outside, and to Anja's car thats parked out front, right outside the building. Jack is very suprised to see that there is no ticket on the car, something that has never happened to him.

Anja quickly explains that she knew it wouldent happen. ::wink

The three pile into the car, with Anja at the wheel and the three are off.

Tobias' Story:

"I'm not under arrest or anything, am I?"

"Not at all. We are mainly wanting a statement from you. We want to know what happened, what everything was like when you got there. Stuff like that. Are you ok to go?"

Ben and Nikki's Story:

Nikki nods and gulps at the same time, "...and what are you?"

He nods slowly. "I can understand your confusion. You both dont *remember* where you are from...what happened. It only happened a few lifetimes ago." He smiles what would be a friendly smile if it were from another person...thing. As it is, its more creepy then not.

"My name is Albert Simon. I am sure that you have noticed my appearance...my *true* appearance. And you have both noticed differences in each other as well, as I notice them. We are all one in the same. We are all decendant of *gods*. Different gods, mind you...but gods none the less. I would like to offer my services to help you realise your potential."

Maxamillian's Story:

"Alright, so what was it you wanted detective? Like I said, I don't want any of your people staying in the house..."

He looks up at you. "Well...we were hoping to set up to protect you. It is our job after all. But...you are right, you are pretty protected here. If you dont mind...we will go ahead and set up outside though. Now that you have warning of these crazy b@stards, you should be ok. Especially with the NYPD and your own guards on the case. I can go ahead and call your parents, and smooth all this out with them as well." He looks into Max's eyes, and for a second Max thinks he see's a glint of red...

"Dont worry about us cramping your style or anything. You wont even know we are here...and as soon as we can lock'em up, we will be out of your hair. Having a a buncha religious wacko's out dedicated to converting you into their folds isent the most fun thing ever. So...will you help us help you?"

Ben and Nikki's Story:

He nods slowly.  "I can understand your confusion.  You both don’t *remember* where you are from...what happened.  It only happened a few lifetimes ago."  He smiles what would be a friendly smile if it were from another person...thing.  As it is, it’s more creepy then not.

"My name is Albert Simon.  I am sure that you have noticed my appearance...my *true* appearance.  And you have both noticed differences in each other as well, as I notice them.  We are all one in the same.  We are all descendants of *gods*.  Different gods, mind you...but gods none the less.  I would like to offer my services to help you realize your potential."

Ben hesitates,

*I don’t remember and he seems to know a great deal… but why do I keep thinking ‘Chicken Hawk’ whenever I see him? A guy who preys on and misleads the ignorant and vulnerable. Me? All of a sudden I have more sympathy for those girls back at the bus stop. Maybe they know they are headed for a life of prostitution and they still can’t help but take that first step. Which isn’t a decision.*

Ben responds slowly,

“Define, 'realize your potential'”

"Not at all. We are mainly wanting a statement from you. We want to know what happened, what everything was like when you got there. Stuff like that. Are you ok to go?"

Tobias grabs his cherry Coke and Snickers bar from the counter, and laden with these new possesions, joins the millicents.

"Sure."

Yes, of course. Lets hurry though! They are only a few minutes away..."

Once everyone is assembled that will be going (Jack, Michelle and Anja) the quickly make their way outside, and to Anja's car thats parked out front, right outside the building. Jack is very suprised to see that there is no ticket on the car, something that has never happened to him.

Anja quickly explains that she knew it wouldent happen. 

The three pile into the car, with Anja at the wheel and the three are off.

Michelle remains silent throughout the drive as Jack loads a couple of pistols in the backseat.

Tobias' Story:

The officers escort you to their modern looking cruiser, and guarentee you that your truck will be safe where it is.

After a brief trip, you all arrive at the station. You are quickly escorted to a dual line of desks, to one where a reasonably aged man is sitting.

"Detective Dalton? Mr. Connelly is here to see you." says Officer Griffen, then he gives you an encouraging nod.

The detective seems to be looking over something that interests him greatly. He has a magnifying glass out and is hunched over his desk. Its hard to see what he is looking at, but upon further examination it looks like a picture of the creature that you had slaughtered on the roadside. He lifts his hand in a come hither motion as he starts to look up.

"Please, sit. As he said my name is Detective Dalton. I will be taking your statement...and I have a few questions for you as well. Lets go ahead and start from the beginning...what happened?"

The officers escort you to their modern looking cruiser, and guarentee you that your truck will be safe where it is.

"Could I actually just follow you guys, so I won't have to get a ride back here?"

"Please, sit. As he said my name is Detective Dalton. I will be taking your statement...and I have a few questions for you as well. Lets go ahead and start from the beginning...what happened?"

Tobias tells him, leaving some modest ambiguity around his purposes for camping out that morning. He also leaves out the appearance of the creature, and any reference to the appearance of his new powers. Realizing that he stupidly flipped the truck over, he also avoids referring to the truck's position upon his arrival.

He looks up at you. "Well...we were hoping to set up to protect you. It is our job after all. But...you are right, you are pretty protected here. If you dont mind...we will go ahead and set up outside though. Now that you have warning of these crazy b@stards, you should be ok. Especially with the NYPD and your own guards on the case. I can go ahead and call your parents, and smooth all this out with them as well." He looks into Max's eyes, and for a second Max thinks he see's a glint of red...

"Dont worry about us cramping your style or anything. You wont even know we are here...and as soon as we can lock'em up, we will be out of your hair. Having a a buncha religious wacko's out dedicated to converting you into their folds isent the most fun thing ever. So...will you help us help you?"

Max blinks his eyes as he sees the red, and then it's gone. He shakes his head, he was clearly just getting tired, it had been a long day. "Sure, whatever. Look detective, I just got home and it's been a long day. Are we done here?"

Tobias' Story:

They dont have a problem with you driving your truck, but they go at the speed limit, making sure that you keep up.

Tobias tells him, leaving some modest ambiguity around his purposes for camping out that morning. He also leaves out the appearance of the creature, and any reference to the appearance of his new powers. Realizing that he stupidly flipped the truck over, he also avoids referring to the truck's position upon his arrival.

He writes notes down in a small notepad as you speak, and when you finish your story he looks over a prior page of notes.

After his quick review, he does ask the dreded question...

"So...what was the scene like when you arrived? Did you see anything strange there? Where exactly was the truck?"

Maxamillian's Story

"Sure, whatever. Look detective, I just got home and it's been a long day. Are we done here?"

"Yes, sir. Yes we are. If anything happens, I want you to call me though. Building security is all well and good, but this is a police issue. If anyone contacts you about this...I want to know about it. This is a serious business...these people have *killed* in the past. Help us to help you." he says as he flicks out a business card that has his name, rank, badge number, his cell phone number and a land line number as well as a large shield on the left half of the card.

"Hopefully I dont have to hear from you...but better safe then sorry. You have a nice night."

He leaves the room, and the apartment (if you dont have any questions).

"So...what was the scene like when you arrived? Did you see anything strange there? Where exactly was the truck?"

"Well, when was driving past I noticed that there was a big hole in the foliage where there used to be a bush. I drive by there a lot. When I got there, the truck was upside down, and the guy's arm was hanging out the door. I could see that it was nearly.. you know.. chopped off by the weight of the truck."

Ben and Nikki's Story:

"My name is Albert Simon.  I am sure that you have noticed my appearance...my *true* appearance.  And you have both noticed differences in each other as well, as I notice them.  We are all one in the same.  We are all decendant of *gods*.  Different gods, mind you...but gods none the less.  I would like to offer my services to help you realise your potential."

Hearing this, Nikki's head clears (spend a will power)having something to relate to.

*Gods? Potential? Great a religious freak!!! ::angry ::angry ::angry *

"OK, stop right there. At least this guy here (as she points at Ben)looks normal, except for that weird tattoo on his head, but that one on yours is just like that graffiti back in the bus station. Is that some sort of 'Gathering' sign? And your spiel sounds a lot like the those Cults that come through back home, Dragging off those dim-witted girls to become their sex slaves..."

Using her fear to fuel her anger, The Brass Ball Breaker raises her tone a notch and goes on.

"I've been around some Horny creeps, Preacher, but you take the cake. Go crawl back up the asshole you oozed out of and brain wash someone dumb enough to fall for you! Handsome here and I have something IMPORTANT to talk about!"

With dismissal, she picks up her bat and STRIDES over toward Ben ::angry

Michelle's Story:

The ride is fast and dangerous as Anja weaves from one lane to another, and presses through yellow lights as if they had just turned green.

As you watch the world pass you can feel the urgency in Anja and the confusion that Jack has about the situation. The way Anja feels suddenly turns to dread as you pass a piece of graffetti that is common in the city now, a cursive U and its attached E within a fancy design. Its hard to tell why, but you dont like that symbol either...it reeks of bad feelings.

Tobias' Story:

"Well, when was driving past I noticed that there was a big hole in the foliage where there used to be a bush. I drive by there a lot. When I got there, the truck was upside down, and the guy's arm was hanging out the door. I could see that it was nearly.. you know.. chopped off by the weight of the truck."

He writes that down in his book, then looks back up at you.

"Did you touch anything while you were there? If it was how you described, then someone has tampered with the site. If you did anything to try and help him, we need to know about it."

Ben and Nikki's Story:

“Define, 'realize your potential'”

"Well, my boy, I mean learning all of what you can do. Your 'superpowers' to coin the term..." he says before he is inturrupted.

"OK, stop right there. At least this guy here (as she points at Ben)looks normal, except for that weird tattoo on his head, but that one on yours is just like that graffiti back in the bus station. Is that some sort of 'Gathering' sign? And your spiel sounds a lot like the those Cults that come through back home, Dragging off those dim-witted girls to become their sex slaves..."

Using her fear to fuel her anger, The Brass Ball Breaker raises her tone a notch and goes on.

"I've been around some Horny creeps, Preacher, but you take the cake. Go crawl back up the asshole you oozed out of and brain wash someone dumb enough to fall for you! Handsome here and I have something IMPORTANT to talk about!"

"Please, calm down. Im not trying to recruit you into come cult. I have no intention of making you into a sex slave of any sort. Im not even trying to preach to you. I just want to help the two of you learn what you can do. Its a harsh life out here when you awaken like you have. I would like you to think of me as the Rameirez to your Connor MacLeod if at all possible. I dont like to leave the young behind to be destroyed by the old

(OOC: No social powers were used, no need to spend that WP)

Maxamillian's Story:

The man's exit seems to loosen up the room considerably. You haden't even realised how much of the rooms atmosphere had been taken up by him.

The question to ask yourself now is, what is your next move? What to do about the fanatics that seem to be stalking you?

He writes that down in his book, then looks back up at you.

"Did you touch anything while you were there? If it was how you described, then someone has tampered with the site. If you did anything to try and help him, we need to know about it."

Tobias frowns.

"What? There was nothing I could do - he was pinned under the truck by what remained of his arm. I sort of walked up to look at it like a dumbass for a minute, and tried to talk to him, but after that I just left to get help. What do you mean, someone tampered with the site?"

Ben and Nikki's Story:

Ben listens to the “Brass Ball Breaker’s” tirade with amusement and decides,

*Wish I’d watched more ‘Star Trek’ growing up, might have a better idea what I can do. But looks like I’m not learning from him. She’s getting the same vibes off of him. Rival gang. Demon. Chicken hawk. Slaver. Whatever. Guess we find out if he’s the kind of guy to take a “no” gracefully.*

Ben offers his hand to Nikki and says calmly, “Let’s go somewhere else”.

Ben says to the stranger, “I guess that’s a no. Or at least a not now.”

Ben watches him carefully, if his intuition starts going off he will act decisively on it.

The ride is fast and dangerous as Anja weaves from one lane to another, and presses through yellow lights as if they had just turned green.

As you watch the world pass you can feel the urgency in Anja and the confusion that Jack has about the situation. The way Anja feels suddenly turns to dread as you pass a piece of graffetti that is common in the city now, a cursive U and its attached E within a fancy design. Its hard to tell why, but you dont like that symbol either...it reeks of bad feelings.

"Anja, bad feelings!" Michelle slurrs aloud, gesturing to the UE stymbol. It was hard to explain...

"Bad feelings?" Jack asks in confusion.

"Yes, bad," Michelle said emphatically. The fact that she spoke aloud indicates how important the situation is to Jack. Her next words confirm it. "Expect trouble."

Archived