Trinity Universe: Into the Void: Rules

knave

How do Resources and Backing work?

Good question.

Resources are pretty pointless except possibly at the beginning of the game if people able to run back to Earth. As such you may pick any resource level you like for free as long as it fits in with your background.

The game will begin two days after the ultimatum.

Backing or Status or whatever we want to call it will work as follows:

For those from a military background

Space Brigade Status (Military)

0 - 'Guest' (Status of new arrivals)

1 - Rookie

2 - Operator (All original Space Brigade members have at least this rating)

3 - Sergeant

4 - Lieutenant ( Officers are all present on the advisory council )

5 - N/A (only the commander has this level)

Those with military status are free to have their own opinions, but expected to tow the Commander's policy line in public and follow the chain of command.

The civilian members of the brigade don't so much have rank as pecking order.

Space Brigade Status (Civilian)

0 - 'Guest' (Status of new arrivals)

1 - Civilian (Low Profile Nova)

2 - Popular (Higher Profile)

3 - Council Member

4 - N/A - Council Member & Faction Leader

5 - N/A

Civilians are not required to follow military orders except in military situations or when they have been placed under the command of a particular commander by the council.

How closley will we be followed by the colony?  Are we going to be able to randevou with them often, or are we going to never see them untill we actually find a planet to land on?

I want to know if having a follower would work, even slightly ::laugh

You'll be seeing a lot of them. ::biggrin

How do Resources and Backing work?
Good question.

Resources are pretty pointless except possibly at the beginning of the game if people able to run back to Earth.  As such you may pick any resource level you like for free as long as it fits in with your background.

The game will begin two days after the ultimatum.

So if someone wants to "buy" a space craft and associated resources, this would be a good way and a good time.

Pilot would be a good thing as well.

Spaceships?  Hmmm...I feel a slight modification coming on.
Good for you. The history chart shows...

2024: USA launches Freedom, the first hyper-fusion powered spacecraft

2031: Olympus base established on the Galatea crater. Over the next twenty years Luna changes from a mining base to a genuinely independent colony.

2045: Britain's Camelot moonbase adjoining Olympus goes live followed two months later by Russia's Yeltsingrad Mining Station

2049: The U.N. declares war on "Nova Aggression" - The conflict begins

2049: 'The Space Brigade' strikes and takes Olympus after destroying several orbital weapons platforms.

2050: Olympus's defences are improved with weapons taken from orbital ships and several OMEN satellite platforms.

2053: China launches Xingyang Sujia - The first manned mission to Mars.

2054: 'Cultist' Christian Nova Calvert Wycoff...explodes destroying much of the USA's grain belt. Jason Brown erupts and is drafted into the Army.

2055: USA invades Canada with the aid of Quebec ostensibly to claim Canada's farm land.

2057: Kelly McGovern & Jason Brown arrive in Olympus.

2061: Nova Mungo Kuwasha of unknown affiliation destroys the OpNet

2061: China's Earthstrike Ultimatum.

Comments:

1) Mungo Kuwasha worked for Microsoft, or at least he did in 2008.

2) In 2025 it would have been a six or seven dot object, but by 2060 I'd think a fully stocked spaceship would be a 5 point gadget, or a 5 resource point object, or whatever. It might even be less than a 5 point object. ::blink

3) Hyper-fusion and space travel are obvious fields to be nova dominated.

4) It seems reasonable that Olympus would allow continued contact with spaceships, especially nova run spaceships.

Ok, got some Quantum Imprint questions:

1) The description states that you can imprint attributes, skills and quantum powers. Does this also include mega-attributes?

2) If the target is willing, is the dex+imprint roll required?

3) Is the nova with Imprint required to know what powers his target has, so as to be able to pick? If not, does using Imprint automatically give the nova an intuitive sense of what his target has?

4) Is it possible to maintain multiple instances of imprint (ie. I use it on one target to get flight, and another to get quantum bolt)?

I'm sure I have more, but that's a good start...

1. Yes, you just have to know he has them (its hard to find out who has MWits after all).

2. No, that is just a 'strike' roll.

3a. Yes, he has to know so he knows what he can take.

3b. No, He has to find out the hard way (either watching or getting hit).

4. Yes, but its going to cost a pretty penny in QP (multiple instances of a level 3 power? You know how quick Lodestone drains...). You will probably still have to abide by the rules in there (no more dots in a power then you have dots in Q-imprint). And you will still have to pay the cost to use the power (Q-bolt is 2 per shot).

1) Yes, but I suspect some of the usual rules still apply. Meaning you can’t get Mega-Stat 3 unless your basic stat is at least three.

2) No.

3) Definitely an ST call, the way I’ve seen done is Q-Imprint gives you a very limited sense of what is available. How limited depends on how many dots I have and how large a QI you have. If you only have one dot of Q-I and you have no idea what he can do, then you may be limited to his primary power the first time you use it. If you have three dots then you might be limited too his three powers/whatever with the most dots. If you have 5 dots of Q-I and this is the fifth time you’ve used the power on the target, then you know more or less what his character sheet looks like (as far as nova points anyway). If you know what a target has, or at least what you want, then QI works MUCH better.

4) Not without an extra. APG has extras for QI and “multiple targets” is one of them.

And you will still have to pay the cost to use the power (Q-bolt is 2 per shot).
3 per shot. All QI activation costs are +1.

Not sure what the book says about Q-minimums. I think you just ignore them for powers (which implies you could get 5 dots in a mega-stat even though you have Q4).

But I'd hope that "ignore Q-min" part not apply to things where the Q-min is 6+ (level 4 powers, Mastery).

1) The description states that you can imprint attributes, skills and quantum powers. Does this also include mega-attributes?

2) If the target is willing, is the dex+imprint roll required?

3) Is the nova with Imprint required to know what powers his target has, so as to be able to pick? If not, does using Imprint automatically give the nova an intuitive sense of what his target has?

4) Is it possible to maintain multiple instances of imprint (ie. I use it on one target to get flight, and another to get quantum bolt)?

1) Yes - but all normal restrictions apply. You cannot imprint a mega att that you don't have the basic att for, neither can you imprint a power you don't have the quantum requirement for.

2) No.

4) There's an extra that does that.

3) You may go for any power that you see in action. Alternatively touching a target or something the target has attuned will tell you Q-Impint dots worth of powers available per round. Most powerful to least powerful.

1) Yes - but all normal restrictions apply. You cannot imprint a mega att that you don't have the basic att for, neither can you imprint a power you don't have the quantum requirement for.

2) Yes

3) No. There's an extra.

4) You may go for any power that you see in action. Alternatively touching a target or something the target has attuned will tell you Q-Impint dots worth of powers available per round. Most powerful to least powerful.

Knave, I'm assuming your 3 and 4 are switched...

Thanks, I hadn't even noticed the extra for multiple instances... definately reduces his viability, but I think I'm stioll gonna give it a try.

Regarding Space Ships and Gadgets

Gadgets

With the current state of the world Nova speciality weapons are highly regulated. You're going to need a device background to have something really nice. If you think I'm talking to you - I am.

Yes, you may have space ships. Technology doesn't so much restrict space ships - it's more about regulation.

A ship the size of Spaceship1 (3 passenger) would be a level 4 Device.

A ship the size of the Shuttle would be a level 5 Device.

Pilot ratings of at least 4 and computer ratings of 2 are required to fly a space ship.

Dirty Pool and You've been warned

Some people have asked me about playing slightly unusual characters. Now - I've been inclined to say yes with the rider that characters like these are highly likely to get into a lot of trouble. So, if you've made an usual character and not stuck to the rules I've set out - be warned - PCs are the most dangerous animals in any game and if they eat you alive I will not save you.

The reason I'm not completely opposed to these things is just because stories where someone kills their dad and shags their mum are just as important as any other kind.

Next - I've obviously not got a lot of time to run around policing points spreads and things... So if I figure out you made an addition error (or are nasty dirty cheaters ::tongue) sometime during the game I'll just have a ninjas pitch up and throw stink-bombs at you whenever you're trying to make biscuits with a girl.

Lastly and most pedantically: Geez Bahamut - did you have to make a Samurai clone in MY game? Apart from the actual number of Nova points: The powers are exactly the same - the stats are exactly the same - your wish list is exactly the same. Sheesh! ::tongue

NINJA != Samuri. I think that goes back to the discussion we (EON as a whole) had before about different consepts, different personalities, same stats ::biggrin .

I didnt think he would be so close though, considering im going UBERSTEALTH...I thoght Samuri was more strait forward then that...as what I will be doing is *very* dishonorable... ::sly

And now Im very afraid of Samuri...

Some people have asked me about playing slightly unusual characters.
Pulls out and double checks his sheet.

I’m going to assume being Wycroff’s nephew doesn’t count.

Speaking of which, I have in game suspicions that using eclispsol on a Q6+ nova who’s in the middle of a power max isn’t a good idea.

NINJA != Samuri. I think that goes back to the discussion we (EON as a whole) had before about different consepts, different personalities, same stats

::tongue

.I thoght Samuri was more strait forward then that...as what I will be doing is *very* dishonorable...

Yes and No. He's conflicted. ::biggrin

And now Im very afraid of Samuri...

Now that's just wisdom

Pulls out and double checks his sheet.

I’m going to assume being Wycroff’s nephew doesn’t count.

Speaking of which, I have in game suspicions that using eclispsol on a Q6+ nova who’s in the middle of a power max isn’t a good idea.

Having just read up on what that is... ::blink Yes...

Top bombing as they say! ::biggrin

As noted, there are problems with it, mostly around the "we aren't tough enough to take that" type problem.

If the nova in question has Disintegration, expect it to be used. Maybe on the surrounding area. Maybe on you. Maybe over an area.

The Wycroff explosion is a good example of both types of it's potential (although granted we don't know in cannon that was the problem).

On the plus side, after they are out of juice they lose most or all of their powers.

OK, other BIG, BIG Problem.

I just looked up the radius of the blight and it has a radius of 1,200 km.

By some coincidence that happens to match 5 dots in a power (say, Elmental Mastery: Taint) with Mastery x2.

Wycoff wasn't Q6, Wycoff was Q8. ::blink

In theory this would let him do such things as... oh... just for example, adjust the quantum field of the Earth (with Taint Supremancy) to do things like make all new abbies erupt with a ton of taint. ::crazy

Not that I think he'd do so, even though he's a Harvester, he probably wouldn't do something like that of his own violition. Not that this applies to a nova who is under the influence of elipsol.

Is Imprint "Additive" on Mega-Stats/Powers?

Example:

Copy-Kid has Q-Imprint 4, Mega-Stam 1.

He copies a guy with 2 dots of each Physical Mega-Stat and Q-Bolt(fire).

He then copies another guy with 2 dots of each Physical Mega-Stat and Q-Bolt(Water).

Does he have

A) Mega-Str 4, Mega-Stam 5, Q-Bolt4(Fire+Water)?

B) Mega-Str 2, Mega-Stam 3, Q-Bolt2(Fire), Q-Bolt2(Water)?

C) Mega-Str 2, Mega-Stam 2, Q-Bolt2(Fire), Q-Bolt2(Water)?

Archived