Spiderman 2

ProfPotts

I'll try to avoid spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet, but I really liked this film.

Maybe it was a bit long / slow in a few places, but generally excellent stuff! To be honest, I don't think I could imagine them doing Doc Ock better than he was portrayed in the movie - yeah hi-tech FX! ::thumbsup

There's also a couple of humourus bits that I laughed out loud at. ::laugh

Now if only they'd get round to actually releasing Hell Boy in this country, then I'd be happy... ::devil

Saw it yesterday. A bit more drama/soap opera than I would have preferred, but the action parts were great! The webswinging cuts are as good as - if not better than - last time, and I love the way they use split second moves and details to show off Spidey's insane reflexes and agility, like the half a second swing between a truck and it's trailer - shown in the teaser, I think - and a certain scene with a bridge.

Being an old, sworn fan I would have wished for more snappy comebacks and witty remarks and less Romeo & Juliet, but it worked. Doc Ock was excellent, as well as Spidey's nemesis J. Jonah Jameson... I won't be surprised if it finds its way into my DVD shelf...

I felt this movie was too much of a chick flik to be honest, I've seen it twice now (I was outvoted, damned democracy!) it doesn't get better with a rewatch but fortunately it doesn't get worse either. Doc Ock and J.J were awesome and Harry Osborn is turning out quite nicely ::biggrin but I never remebered Peter Parker being that pathetic, even before the spider bite. The excessive use of longfull glances made me want to puke and I'm usually quite resillient to Chick Flickitus (ok so I'm overdoing it...), lol even the girls that were there with us who usually like all that soppy stuff said it was overdone.

Now it's not all daisy's, vallentine's chocolates and champaign (HOORAAY!) the action scenes were great, the Marvel science (fic) was there in abundance (physicists will be upset with them for many years to come ::wink ) and the conflict of inner good, evil and the madness behind both famous in comics is brought to bare also.

If you haven't seen it then do so but be warned, it's quite drawn out and at times cloying, if you can get past that then you'll have a good time... even if there were some feats of strength I would only imagine the Hulk achieving ::devil

Well, I remember Spiderman lifting a huge crumbled underwater base from his shoulders in one comic book so nothing was out of his range in the movie.

I liked the movie, Doc Ock made it. It shows how a good villain can make or can a movie. The Green Goblin is kinda sucky and I think its bad that they hint at a sequel with the Goblin again. They could've had the Chameleon involved or the sandman or Rhino. Goblin is just...bleeh...

especially with the huge ugly plastic mask...

Anyway, if you liked the first movie, this one's much better.

All you need is venom

Well, if you go with the cartoon (rather than the comic) version of Venom's arrival, then they could have actually forshadowed that by featuring John Jameson. I can't see them doing the comic version (i.e. Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars), but, IIRC, the cartoon version turned up from space with J.J.'s astronaut son. CGI Venom would be pretty good in this day & age.

Of course, there's the plot when John Jameson turns into that werewolf-type dude (something to do with the moonstone, right ::confused ), Curt Conners as the Lizard, & good ol' Harry that could all be seen as being forshadowed in Spidey 2. Not to mention that someone could reasonably pay for the Scorpion's creation to stop Spidey at any time. Plus, of course, the question of whether Doc Ock is still around or not... ::lookaround

Personally I'd quite like to see the Sandman done with the level of quality they showed with Doc Ock.

If I had to guess at a villain for #3 (if they ever make one) then I'd plump for Green Goblin 2 & at least one other villain (probably the Lizard). Hey, maybe we'll see the 'Sinister Six'? To be honest, I just hope they keep making the things!

Archived