Oh...My...God

Wish

I have another good one that some of you have probably already seen.

Rainbow Plucking Orgy

There's a debate on whether or not this was an episode shown to children. This is the ACTUAL cast of the popular children's show Rainbow. I've heard one story that this was shown as a regular children's show, and I also heard it was taped only for a comedy segment on some late night comedy show like David Letterman. Does anyone know the real story? ::crazy

Does anyone know the real story? ::crazy

The FAQ at Rainbow.Web.Com fan site has this to say about it, quoting cast member Geoffrey Hayes:

RUDE RAINBOW?

We're often asked about the so called rude Rainbow, clips of which have been shown on the Channel Four programmes, TV Unzipped and TV Offal. The clip can now be found on the web, without too much effort. Although often introduced as the unaired pilot, this episode was actually specially made by the team at Thames Television. Geoffrey Hayes told us, "The VT department of each ITV company, every Christmas had a competition to enter all the outtakes from their particular companies programme out put, and see which ones were the funniest. But ours wasn’t an outtake, we specially did it. It was specially scripted and we did it and I never saw it! We did it and Thames won it, but what they actually won, I don’t know. But I never saw the video. I can’t remember much about it except for Zippy with a banana." The script was written by the voice of Zippy and George; Roy Skelton.

Archived