Trinity Universe: Masked Men

ProfPotts

Meanwhile, the Watchman rolls behind some cover of his own, & comes up firing! His first shot catches Sparkle in the shoulder - she screams & clutches at the wound as she drops to her knees behind the nearest overturned table. The vigillante's second shot goes wild. Glisten joins her friend behind the impromtu wooden shield & pops up to take a shot at the Watchman, only to have her small pistol jam! She quickly ducks back, as very un-lady-like comments from her drift across the room...

Looks like I don't have to worry about the broads right now...

Scanning the room and seeing that all the semi-innocent guests are safe, most of the gangsters disposed of and that the last of the ice-goons is moments away from an untimely death by decapitation, the Watchman calls out to the women across the room

"You're alone, girls! You're wounded and there's 15 feet [or insert correct distance here] between you and the door. If you wanna try to make a run for it, be my guests..." ::devil

There's a menacing tone in the man's voice, leaving no doubt as to what will happen if they do.

"Or you can throw down your weapons and come out with your hands above your heads. Your choice."

That said he waits for their response, ready to shoot should they decide to make a run for it or start firing again.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having felled the bartender, the White Dragon carefully looks around, moving as quickly as possible to Vito’s office. Assuming no one is guarding the door (I believe everyone is frozen at this point) he’ll bust through the door headlong, staying low to the ground to avoid any possible gunfire, then roll up into a crouching position (imagine a diving front forward somersault). He then takes a quick stock of the situation preparing to attack Vito…

Getting no response to his question from the rather occupied White Dragon, the Whistler calls across the room,

Miss Proctor! Where are you?

Once she responds, he'll quickly move to her position, scurrying from cover to cover to get there.

Again vaulting the bar, White Dragon sprints the length of the room, down into the ice-covered stage-area (where he has no problems maintaining his footing) & shoulder-barges the door to Vito's office. The door creaks at the impact, but doesn't give. From within the office the vigillante martial artist hears a woman gasp in shock & a man swear in Italian...

Closer to the bar, Ulf' grins as his twin blades impale Frosty through the armoured overcoat - ending the man's life. The blue-suited thug stares wide-eyed for a moment, then slides off the blades & collapses on the floor - a pool of his own blood staining his coat & spreading around his still form.

"You are of course correct, sir, but as I don't know who you are, it can be forgiven can it not?.. It's not like I placed huge ice walls to block the exit of terrified bystanders, now is it?"

Eckhardt shrugs slightly, ice-blue eyes still carefully watching the strangely attired young lady,

"We each do what we need to in order to get the job done."

"And I don't suppose you are going to tell me who that was? Or even why?"

A micro-smile flashes for the briefest of moments across the man in white's lips,

"You may not believe this, but I don't actually know. We came here to deal with some bad men in the only way they understand - I guess the guy who sparked off was a local thug; either that or a have-a-go-hero type. Whatever, he turned a simple situation into a bloody one."

"I've not a reason to attack you, yet, stranger. Please don't give me one. Is it not enough, I have to replace my gun?"

Glancing at her gunbelt, Eckhardt raises an eyebrow,

"You seem to have guns a-plenty, Miss; and, if you'll forgive my candour, I have no idea as to who you are, & what you're doing here. I'd like to get back inside & help my people, but what guarantees do I have that you won't shoot me in the back?" ::sly

Miss Proctor! Where are you?

The reply is spoken at not much more than a normal conversational level, but The Whistler hears all the same, & is soon over the bar & across the ice, heading towards the open doorway to the right of the stage where he can now see Polly's head poking out.

"You're alone, girls! You're wounded and there's 15 feet between you and the door. If you wanna try to make a run for it, be my guests... Or you can throw down your weapons and come out with your hands above your heads. Your choice."

The cool meance in the man's voice is indeed unnerving... The gun molls cease their firing, but don't throw down their guns or surrender - instead they remain behind cover as Glisten calls towards the stairwell (with obvious worry, & even a hint of panic, in her voice),

"We've got a situation here, Viktor - the boys are all dead, & Sparkle's been shot! What's the plan, boss?"

Eckhardt frowns &, still keeping his gaze fixed upon Black Lotus, calmly calls over his shoulder,

"Just stay put, girls, I'll be there in a moment."

Stepping aside in the stairwell, the man in white politely gestures for the vigillante gunslinger to go first, a slight smile threatening to touch his expression,

"After you, my dear. Watch that last step - it's a killer..." ::sly

Eckhardt shrugs slightly, ice-blue eyes still carefully watching the strangely attired young lady,

"We each do what we need to in order to get the job done."

"Too true, sir."

A micro-smile flashes for the briefest of moments across the man in white's lips,

"You may not believe this, but I don't actually know. We came here to deal with some bad men in the only way they understand - I guess the guy who sparked off was a local thug; either that or a have-a-go-hero type. Whatever, he turned a simple situation into a bloody one."

Lotus looks uncertainly from the man to the bullet ridden scene beyond. "It is not as if I knew anyone in there. So much death..." Her eyes glaze just a little with moisture, but she blinks it away and rises slowly.

Glancing at her gunbelt, Eckhardt raises an eyebrow,

"You seem to have guns a-plenty, Miss; and, if you'll forgive my candour, I have no idea as to who you are, & what you're doing here. I'd like to get back inside & help my people, but what guarantees do I have that you won't shoot me in the back?" 

::blink "Oh, I apologize." ::blush "I do not pull my pistols unless I know of your crimes. We've only just met, it would be ill-mannered of me to presume in such a manner.' ::confused "I never shoot an unarmed man, especially one who doesn't attack first." ::unsure She glances at her shotgun. "*sigh*, I'll consider that my fault. Please, if you've ones to care for, do not fear my humble self shooting you in a cowardly fashion, if I find you've lied to me though, that will be another matter." ::sly

Stepping aside in the stairwell, the man in white politely gestures for the vigillante gunslinger to go first, a slight smile threatening to touch his expression,

"After you, my dear. Watch that last step - it's a killer..."

::blink She takes a quick glance up the stairs. "Oh, I rather think I can handle it."

A little wary, she bows to Viktor and slides in the room, taking in the situation as quickly as possible, prepared to duck away should there be any evil intent from the gent or his people. ::wink

Taking a moment to clean his blades on the dead man's coat, Ulf' finally sheathes them, then straightens up, dusting himself off and generally trying to make himself presentable before jogging over to the orchestra pit.

Looking down at the attractive redhead in the pit below, he squats, extending his hand and smiling. "Safe now. Come out, pretty one."

Cynthia grabs the hand and gives the Norse-in-Tux a grateful smile that would thaw an ice-man in half a second..

"You're either incredibly stupid or incredibly brave...Either way, I guess we're lucky you were here tonight, thank you big man. - The dazzling red head flickers her eyes at Ulf - Does my savior have a name?"

The reply is spoken at not much more than a normal conversational level, but The Whistler hears all the same, & is soon over the bar & across the ice, heading towards the open doorway to the right of the stage where he can now see Polly's head poking out.

Once at Polly's side, Whistler lays one hand on her shoulder, afraid to show too much affection for his associate in public; however, the slight quaver in his voice speaks volumes.

I'm...glad you're alright, Miss Proctor.

His eyes unreadable behind his mask, the Whistler quickly appraises the situation.

How is everyone over here? Were you or anyone else hurt?

"You're either incredibly stupid or incredibly brave...Either way, I guess we're lucky you were here tonight, thank you big man. - The dazzling red head flickers her eyes at Ulf - Does my savior have a name?"

Taking a moment to translate, he grins and hoists her up to floor level. Rolling his eyes in Kettle's general direction, he says, "Kettles call me Viking." Trusting to his other senses to warn him of danger, he starts walking her towards the bar. "What I call you?"

Again vaulting the bar, White Dragon sprints the length of the room, down into the ice-covered stage-area (where he has no problems maintaining his footing) & shoulder-barges the door to Vito's office. The door creaks at the impact, but doesn't give. From within the office the vigillante martial artist hears a woman gasp in shock & a man swear in Italian...

(ok, we’ll try this again…)

First, he’ll try the doorknob, to see if in his haste he failed to notice it was unlocked. If so he’ll open the door slightly and proceed as attempted before (dive in low, roll into a crouching position and locate Vito and anyone else in the room).

If not, he executes a front side kick right at the doorknob attempting to break in, and, assuming it opens and proceed as above.

Taking a moment to translate, he grins and hoists her up to floor level. Rolling his eyes in Kettle's general direction, he says, "Kettles call me Viking." Trusting to his other senses to warn him of danger, he starts walking her towards the bar. "What I call you?"

Cynthia raises an eyebrow at the Viking's monosyllabic response with an unsure smile (which somehow just makes her even more munchable..)

"You're not from around here, are you? You can call me Cyn..."

Cynthia slips on the ice, into Ulf's arms, and looks up into the man's eyes with an embarassed, sheepish smile.

"thia... ::blush Uh..What brings you to Nightingale's anyway?"

Her eyes dart around the room, making sure no other ice bombs are on their way.

Not realizing the break in her name was unintentional, he repeats it. "Cyn-thia." He smiles.

"Uh..What brings you to Nightingale's anyway?"

His smile spreads, a grin showing even white teeth. "Beer! Kettles say this place for beer."

"We've got a situation here, Viktor - the boys are all dead, & Sparkle's been shot! What's the plan, boss?"

So he hasn't left the party just yet... ::sly

"Just stay put, girls, I'll be there in a moment."

Deciding to move to a better angle now that the room sounds relatively safe - no fighting or shooting at the moment and conversations breaking out across the room - the Watchman slowly gets to his feet. His gun is aimed at the girls' hidingplace all the time as he moves across the floor, circling around to get them between the doorway and himself.

In a perfect world he'll end up behind their cover, or at least with a clear line of fire, holding them at gunpoint when their boss enters the room. Given the general state of the world things probably won't go that smoothly, so he's prepared to take cover again, or return fire if they do anything stupid.

"Oh, I rather think I can handle it."

Viktor watches as Black Lotus enters the room, a slight smile twitching on his lips for just a moment as his gaze takes in the graceful way in which the young lady moves.

Moving out into the room, the [still in civillian guise] Watchman covers Eckhardt's two female associates with his pistol, & has a perfect view as Black Lotus enters the room from the stairwell. The man in white himself follows a moment later, glancing around calmly.

How is everyone over here? Were you or anyone else hurt?

Polly shakes her head,

'We all seem to be okay, bo... ah... Mr Whistler, sir. Just a little shaken up."

She smiles sheepishly & checks to make sure that no-one caught her slip-up. ::lookaround

Calm having returned to the room, the brief silence is again shattered as White Dragon smashes open the door to Giovanni's office with a powerful and well-placed [over the lock, rather than the doorknob, one would hope ::wink ] kick. Inside, to his undoubted frustration, he discovers an anti-chamber, with another door to his right - this one sporting a mounted brass plate with the name 'Vito Giovanni' engraved upon it. The anti-chamber is furnished with a couple of comfortable looking couches and chairs, as well as a coffee table covered in newspapers and magazines. From the next door he can clearly hear Vito and MeiMei talking,

"Don't panic, doll, I'll take care o' ya'. No one's gonna' hurt ya' with me around."

"Please be careful, Vito; I couldn't stand it if anything were to happen to you!"

"Me & th' ol' Chicago typewriter can take care o' any yahoo that comes through th' door, doll face, don't ya' fret ya' pretty little head."

Meanwhile, the man in white surveys those left standing, keeping a particular eye on Black Lotus, Ulf', and the man with the gun [The Watchman]. He then speaks to the room as a whole,

"Come now, ladies & gentlemen. What is the meaning of all this? I see no one still standing I have any particular quarrel with. So, if you could all be so kind, perhaps introductions are in order?" ::sly

Viktor watches as Black Lotus enters the room, a slight smile twitching on his lips for just a moment as his gaze takes in the graceful way in which the young lady moves.

Moving out into the room, the [still in civillian guise] Watchman covers Eckhardt's two female associates with his pistol, & has a perfect view as Black Lotus enters the room from the stairwell. The man in white himself follows a moment later, glancing around calmly.

::blush Lotus tips her hat to the Watchman and moves nearer to Cynthia and Ulf, checking to make sure no one seems to need help.

"Come now, ladies & gentlemen. What is the meaning of all this? I see no one still standing I have any particular quarrel with. So, if you could all be so kind, perhaps introductions are in order?"

Bowing to the room in general, those with weapons specifically. "Black Lotus." She seems to think that is all that is necessary. She stands back, looking to the others awaiting their response.

Lotus tips her hat to the Watchman and moves nearer to Cynthia and Ulf, checking to make sure no one seems to need help.

Quickly reaching the conclusion that Lotus is not one of the winter crew, the tux-clad man keeps his attention on the man entering the room behind her.

"Come now, ladies & gentlemen. What is the meaning of all this? I see no one still standing I have any particular quarrel with. So, if you could all be so kind, perhaps introductions are in order?" ::sly

Meeting Eckhardt's eyes over the edge of his dark glasses, the Watchman smiles slightly and says

"They call me the Watchman." ::sly

After the mandatory dramatic pause and taking in Eckhardt's reaction - if any - he continues

"And you, Viktor? What's your game? Are you another 'concerned citizen' with piss poor judgment and no regard for innocent lives? Or are you just taking care of the competition before setting up shop in the Big Apple?"

"And you, Viktor? What's your game? Are you another 'concerned citizen' with piss poor judgment and no regard for innocent lives? Or are you just taking care of the competition before setting up shop in the Big Apple?"

Lotus turns and eyes the the gentleman in the white suit warily. Sliding a little closer to an overturned table.

"Someone else started this fight... was not that what you implied, Mr... Viktor?" She seems a little annoyed and even slightly hurt. Her hands while not touching her guns, are relaxed and slightly ajar from her sides as if she is undecided.

Calm having returned to the room, the brief silence is again shattered as White Dragon smashes open the door to Giovanni's office with a powerful and well-placed [over the lock, rather than the doorknob, one would hope  ] kick. Inside, to his undoubted frustration, he discovers an anti-chamber, with another door to his right - this one sporting a mounted brass plate with the name 'Vito Giovanni' engraved upon it. The anti-chamber is furnished with a couple of comfortable looking couches and chairs, as well as a coffee table covered in newspapers and magazines. From the next door he can clearly hear Vito and MeiMei talking,

"Don't panic, doll, I'll take care o' ya'. No one's gonna' hurt ya' with me around."

"Please be careful, Vito; I couldn't stand it if anything were to happen to you!"

"Me & th' ol' Chicago typewriter can take care o' any yahoo that comes through th' door, doll face, don't ya' fret ya' pretty little head."

His frustration mounting as he enters the empty antechamber, Bai Long quickly scans the room for ideas. His tactic formed, he grabs one of the chairs and positions it in front of the door. Crouching down behind it, he starts running and quickly as possible at door, using the chair to (hopefully) smash through the door and provide a bit of cover from the inevitible hail of gunfire to ensue.

(adding destructive facet to damage done to the door to bash through it)

"Black Lotus."

The man in white nods to the masked young lady & flashes the briefest of smiles.

"They call me the Watchman."

Eckhardt turns to the armed man, his features revealing nothing but continued calm & shrewd awareness of the situation,

"Really? That explains a great deal."

"Call me Viking, ice-wizard."

Viktor nods,

"Apt."

"Someone else started this fight... was not that what you implied, Mr... Viktor?"

"I do believe The Watchman here threw the first punch, although our Viking friend was equally excitable, along with the other gentleman," he glances around until he spots the masked man talking to Polly, "who, if I'm not mistaken, is the infamous Whistler. I guess I should feel honoured to be in the presence of so many scourges of crime. Now..." he pauses as there are continued sounds of violence from Giovanni's office...

White Dragon smashes through the door to the office, sending splinters flying everywhere & runs - as he imagined - head-long into a 'wall of lead' as Vito unleashes a fully-automatic stream of fire from his Tommy Gun. Unsurprisingly, White Dragon is riddled with bullets - some catching the remains of the chair he used to smash through the door - but a significant number blowing holes in the man himself. Both maimed & dazed by the attack, the martial artist collapses on the spot. Through blurred vision, he can just make-out Vito standing over him, covering him with the smoking gun, & Mei Mei cowering behind Vito's heavy oak desk,

"Don't youse move, punk," orders Vito, "I don't wanna' have ta' grease ya' no more."

In the main bar, as the noise again stops for a moment, Viktor shrugs, then continues what he was saying,

"Now it looks like I've got a wounded lady to attend to here, & that the people I came to talk to are all dead. Unless any of you upstanding vigilante types feel a burning desire to continue the bloodshed, I'm going to take my people & leave. If you want to talk further I'm staying at the Monolith hotel, penthouse apartment. My people won't let you in, of course, but if you're any good that won't be an issue." ::sly

The man in white waits for responses to his comments.

The man in white nods to the masked young lady & flashes the briefest of smiles.
If you want to talk further I'm staying at the Monolith hotel, penthouse apartment. My people won't let you in, of course, but if you're any good that won't be an issue."

Lotus smiles slightly, ::blush but keeps darting looks back at the sounds of gunfire in the back. Almost reluctantly, she turns and rushes towards the sounds, pausing to take cover from the doorway to peak inwards to identify who the combatants are, pulling a gun as she flatttens against the wall.

"Don't youse move, punk," orders Vito, "I don't wanna' have ta' grease ya' no more."

::unsure "Do you need aid?" Not really addressing either men, she stays ducked back but tries to watch carefully to see who seems to be in the wrong. ::dontgetit

His smile spreads, a grin showing even white teeth. "Beer! Kettles say this place for beer."

Cynthia rolls her eyes

"That's a surprise..."

With a wary eye and hard look, Ulf' steps in front of Cynthia protectively.

"Call me Viking, ice-wizard."

Cynthia looks over the Viking's shoulder and studies Viktor for a moment

"Now it looks like I've got a wounded lady to attend to here, & that the people I came to talk to are all dead. Unless any of you upstanding vigilante types feel a burning desire to continue the bloodshed, I'm going to take my people & leave. If you want to talk further I'm staying at the Monolith hotel, penthouse apartment. My people won't let you in, of course, but if you're any good that won't be an issue." 

*Penthouse, huh? Seems like the Banshee will be visiting someone soon..*

White Dragon smashes through the door to the office, sending splinters flying everywhere & runs - as he imagined - head-long into a 'wall of lead' as Vito unleashes a fully-automatic stream of fire from his Tommy Gun. Unsurprisingly, White Dragon is riddled with bullets - some catching the remains of the chair he used to smash through the door - but a significant number blowing holes in the man himself. Both maimed & dazed by the attack, the martial artist collapses on the spot. Through blurred vision, he can just make-out Vito standing over him, covering him with the smoking gun, & Mei Mei cowering behind Vito's heavy oak desk,

(it’s not looking good for the home team…)

Seeing the world become blurry and insubstantial, Bai Long starts blinking his eyes rapidly hoping to bring the world back into focus.

(this is all assuming that Vito is still gloating over him after his round of being dazed…)

As his vision slowly starts to recover, he starts mumbling something incoherent (trying to get Vito to lean down a bit), and then, (first action) through pure force of will (spending willpower for an automatic success) he heroically (spending inspiration for double dice pool) grabs Vito, places his foot in his stomach and heaves him over his head, back through the door into the anteroom. (second action) Rolling over to see the landing place of Vito, Bai Long will advance on him if he somehow has dropped his weapon, or prepare to dodge.

The Whistler stands with Polly, his eyes as ever unreadable behind his mask, but when he speaks, his tone is as cold as the ice that covers much of the room.

We shall speak in the future, Eckhardt - you can be sure of that.

Hearing the sounds of commotion coming from the office, he turns to whisper to Polly.

Tend to them, my dear - I'm off to save my saviour ::wink

And with that, he dashes across the room to aid White Dragon in any way he can.

"Go. And leave your men."

The Watchman remains standing as the others rush to White Dragon's aid, not giving his coldblooded opponent the chance to shoot him in the back. ::sly Not until Eckhardt and his girls have left - leaving the corpses and their weapons behind - does he turn his attention to the commotion at the back of the room.

"Now it looks like I've got a wounded lady to attend to here, & that the people I came to talk to are all dead. Unless any of you upstanding vigilante types feel a burning desire to continue the bloodshed, I'm going to take my people & leave. If you want to talk further I'm staying at the Monolith hotel, penthouse apartment. My people won't let you in, of course, but if you're any good that won't be an issue."

Baring his teeth in something that might pass for a smile, Ulfmund dips his head slightly. Wisps of blond hair dangle over his eyes, giving the Norseman an almost maniacal appearance as he stares at Eckhardt. Tapping the side of his head with a finger, he says, "Wizard not be forgotten. Time later."

Noticing that both Whistler and Lotus have gone to check the gunfire in the other room, he calls out to his friend, in his native language. "Scholar? Are you and the others well?"

"Do you need aid?"

As the White Dragon tries to clear his spinning head, Vito calls out in reply,

"I dunno' who youse are, sister, but if ya' wit' this hooded creep, then take 'im away before I hafta' plug 'im fulla' more holes..."

We shall speak in the future, Eckhardt - you can be sure of that.

The man in white glances towards the Whistler & says with a poker-faced calm,

"I'll look forward to that meeting."

Tend to them, my dear - I'm off to save my saviour

Polly nods & whispers back,

"Sure thing boss." ::wink

"Go. And leave your men."

Eckhardt looks at The Watchman, & shakes his head slightly,

"Have a sideline as an undertaker do we? In any case, as I'm sure the masked lady will confirm, I have an aversion to turning my back on anyone pointing a gun at me..." ::sly

Quick as a flash frost covers The Watchman's pistol, chilling it enough so that he has to drop it to avoid severe damage to his own hand. A wisp of vapour trails behind the frozen weapon as it falls... then shatters into a dozen pieces as it impacts the floor! The man in white gives a fleeting micro-smile, then signals for his lady-friends to exit the building, before backing himself to the stairwell...

"Wizard not be forgotten. Time later."

... Eckhardt pauses, glancing back towards Ulf'. His eyes narrow slightly as he considers the Viking, then he says, quietly, more to himself than to those in the room,

"Our time will come sooner than you think, my brother..." before turning & leaving.

Meanwhile, in Vito's office, Bai Long's head has cleared. His pitiful attempt to lull his foe closer wouldn't fool the most inept attendee of a village idiots convention [the guy has a total Subterfuge dice pool of 1! ::tongue ], so the maimed warrior resorts to more direct methods - grabbing for Vito in an attempt at a classic sacrifice throw. Ready for any sudden moves, the speakeasy owner's finger reflexively tightens on the trigger of his Chicago typewriter...

CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!

... the usual wall of lead fails to appear as fortune favours the bold & the lethal weapon jams! Fastening his fists about Vito's jacket lapels, gritting his teeth against the pain that stabs through his form from the many bullet wounds he's endured, White Dragon rolls back, planting his feet firmly on the other man's chest & using every ounce of strength he has remaining, & every muscle in his body, to hurl his opponent back, over his own head, & out into the office waiting room. The surprised ::blink Giovanni lands on the coffee table with a loud crash, smashing it & scattering magazines & newspapers everywhere! Cursing in Italian as he tries to struggle from the wreckage the man calls over to Black Lotus (in his anger not even not even registering surprise at her costumed appearance),

"Okay doll, now youse can kill th' bum!"

The Chinese flapper cowering behind the desk in the office screams as Vito is thrown, & makes a move to go to his side - only to stop & shrink back from the bloodied & hooded White Dragon as he regains his feet,

"Please don't hurt him!" she begs the vigillante in Chinese...

((OOC: Edited to change "The Stranger" to "The Watchman"... ::cool ))

As the White Dragon tries to clear his spinning head, Vito calls out in reply,

"I dunno' who youse are, sister, but if ya' wit' this hooded creep, then take 'im away before I hafta' plug 'im fulla' more holes..."

"You are mistaken. I know this man not. I am here only to aid in the dispatch of scum." ::sly

::blink Surprised by the injured man's painful throw, Black Lotus watches Vito go sailing through the air only to land in a painful sprawl.

"I apologize, but that I can not do. Sir, what are your intentions?" She calls calmly to the moving White Dragon. "If you mean her harm, I fear you must address me." Keeping her guns at her sides, she looks to the man and woman in the office. ::lookaround

Quick as a flash frost covers The Watchman's pistol, chilling it enough so that he has to drop it to avoid severe damage to his own hand. A wisp of vapour trails behind the frozen weapon as it falls... then shatters into a dozen pieces as it impacts the floor!

::blink

Had it not been for the dark glasses, an astute observer might have seen a momentary look of disbelief cross the Watchman's face as his gun shatters. Without comment he keeps his eyes on the villain until he's left the room, then quickly starts taking the coat off one of Eckhardt's goons and wrap the iceguns in it. While he's working, he calls over to the group around Vito and Bai Long

"The party's over, people! Now the gunfight's over and Eckhardt's gone there's nothing keeping New York's boys in blue from showing up anytime. Let's get everybody who's worth worrying about up and out of here!"

"Can it, mister. I think you have more than enough trouble already, don't you? Walk away."

Then he turns to the White Dragon and adds

"Can you walk out of here? I know a good doctor..."

To the others he says

"Everybody else ok?"

"I apologize, but that I can not do. Sir, what are your intentions?" She calls calmly to the moving White Dragon. "If you mean her harm, I fear you must address me." Keeping her guns at her sides, she looks to the man and woman in the office.

As he slowly regains his footing, Bai Long looks at the woman in surprise, and, between coughing up blood responds, "Lady, he's the one with the gun! I came here to rescue her from these criminals..."

He turns his head slightly, keeping one eye on the doorway, "(in Chinese) Mei Mei, your family is worried about you. This is no place for a beautiful young girl like yourself. As long as you stay with these criminals your life is in danger. Please, come with me and I will take you home."

(during this time he is readying a full defense action to dodge if he sees Vito preparing to fire)

Then looks to Ulf,

"Thank you "Viking". I'm gonna leave now before the cops show up, you should do the same..."

Seeing the wisdom in that statement, Ulf' nods and quickly makes his way to the room he left Kettles in. From the doorway, he watches longingly as Cynthia's svelte form leaves, then sighs. "Scholar, we should leave before the justice-keepers arrive, yes? I have no wish to see the inside of a dungeon again."

The Whistler is stunned by both White Dragon's bloodied state and his ability to throw someone while plugged full of lead ::nervous He interposes himself between the wounded vigilante and any would-be attackers.

Haven't you killed this man enough?

"Can it, mister. I think you have more than enough trouble already, don't you? Walk away."

Regaining his feet & brushing debris from his suit, Vito's face curls into a snarl,

"I 'ain't no lily-livered bum, pal - I 'ain't gonna' abandon my girl to th' tender mercies of no creeps - hooded or otherwise."

The Italian-American takes a step towards the White Dragon, hands curling into fists as he does so.

"Lady, he's the one with the gun! I came here to rescue her from these criminals..."

Vito fixes his stare upon Bai Long,

"Th' lady don't need no rescuing, pal - except maybe from you. Now step away from her, slow-like, before my fists finish what th' gun started..." ::angry

"(in Chinese) Mei Mei, your family is worried about you. This is no place for a beautiful young girl like yourself. As long as you stay with these criminals your life is in danger. Please, come with me and I will take you home."

Mei Mei cowers away from White Dragon, behind the desk, crying out [in English this time],

"No! Stay away from me! Why do you want to hurt us? We haven't done anything wrong! Just leave us alone!" ::nervous

Haven't you killed this man enough?

Vito stops in his tracks as The Whistler steps between him & White Dragon. As the club owner raises his fists in a classic boxing pose, the perceptive Whistler catches a glimpse of a roll of dimes in either hand, ready to add weight to the man's punches. Vito's eyes narrow as he replies with quiet menace,

"I just run th' club, friend, I ain't no cheap hood. You people are th' ones who came lookin' fer trouble, & Eckhardt's th' one who smashed up my place. But just 'cos I don't like killin' people, don't mean that I won't, capice? Mei Mei's more important t' me than any club - I'll go through you, th' guy in th' hood, & all o' youse bums if I havta' to protect her..."

"Scholar, we should leave before the justice-keepers arrive, yes? I have no wish to see the inside of a dungeon again."

Kettles nods,

"Me neither! Not that I ever... well there was that one time at university... the thing with the policeman's helmet... but that was just youthful... ah... yes, anyway... I agree, let's go." ::lookaround

Following Cynthia & the rest of the bystanders, the scholar exits the building.

A marine blue Rolls-Royce 'Silver Ghost' drives up to the club's door as Cynthia steps out. The passenger-side door is opened by the driver as the diva approaches the car and, with a last wink at Ulf, she jumps in and the car drives off.

"Thanks Al!"

She starts undressing in the car...

"There was a new face tonight, Eckhardt, ever heard of 'im? Dangerous type, seemed to create Ice out of thin air! His goons were all armed with ice-weapons...I would've grabbed one for you but then it wouldn't do for Cynthia Lewis to save the day...besides, there were other hero types in there."

Opening a bag left on a seat of the car, Cynthia grabs a black costume and starts putting it on as the listens to Albert.

Kettles nods,

"Me neither! Not that I ever... well there was that one time at university... the thing with the policeman's helmet... but that was just youthful... ah... yes, anyway... I agree, let's go." 

Following Cynthia & the rest of the bystanders, the scholar exits the building.

Chuckling to himself, Ulf' follows his friend outside.

"I just run th' club, friend, I ain't no cheap hood. You people are th' ones who came lookin' fer trouble, & Eckhardt's th' one who smashed up my place. But just 'cos I don't like killin' people, don't mean that I won't, capice?

The White Dragon seems prepared to respond when,

Mei Mei's more important t' me than any club - I'll go through you, th' guy in th' hood, & all o' youse bums if I havta' to protect her..."

He pauses, obviously not expecting this admission. He looks back at Mei Mei, then again at Vito, "Sir, if you truly do care for her, and now I believe you do, you have to believe that this isn't the safest place for her. Regardless of your own criminal acts, you hosted numerous underworld figures tonight. How can you possibly expect to keep her from harm in that environment. Please, let me take her to her family where she will be safe, and I promise you I will cause no more trouble here..."

Mei Mei's more important t' me than any club - I'll go through you, th' guy in th' hood, & all o' youse bums if I havta' to protect her..."

::blink *He loves her, so he can't mean her harm, and the other seems to just wish to take her home*

Looking to the men in the room, "I apologize for my interruption, it was inappropriate of me." She bows to each and turns to leave. Raising her voice just slightly she addresses White Dragon, "Though family is the blood in your veins, love is what keeps the heart beating. She'll not leave her love lightly." She'll nod to Mei Mei on her way back out the door.

Walking quickly out of the building, Lotus heads to her small apartment watching carefully to make sure she is not followed. Relocking the door, she removes the mask and lays it gently next to the small altar. Kneeling, she bows her head and relights the candle and incense and prays quietly for those that are gone and the future of those that will join them. ::devilangel

Seeing that the White Dragon seems none the worse for wear from his wounds and doesn't want any help, and that the situation seems to turn less explosive the Watchman heads for the door, ice shotguns bundled in the coat under his arm.

When he reaches the doorway to the stairs, he turns around and says to the only rational man left standing

"Whistler. Meet me at Chambers street subway station. One hour."

Then he heads outside and disappears into the night...

"Sir, if you truly do care for her, and now I believe you do, you have to believe that this isn't the safest place for her. Regardless of your own criminal acts, you hosted numerous underworld figures tonight. How can you possibly expect to keep her from harm in that environment. Please, let me take her to her family where she will be safe, and I promise you I will cause no more trouble here..."
"I apologize for my interruption, it was inappropriate of me... Though family is the blood in your veins, love is what keeps the heart beating. She'll not leave her love lightly."

Still ready to face off against White Dragon, Vito replies in a low, dangerous, growl,

"I told ya' before, I ain't about ta' let no hooded freak walk away with my girl. With me she's protected, like she was tonight. Back in Chinatown she's a target fer th' Tongs, & any other bums who'd want ta' lay their grubbies on her. No-where in this city is 'safe' - but she's safer with me than with most. Mei Mei stays, it's what she wants, & I ain't gonna' let ya' take her. Now get outta here, before I really get mad..." ::angry

Archived