[OpNet] Where am I?

okay, I finally have some solid data for you about our mysterious Father Ryan. I managed to find a survivor of an attack by a particularly vicious elite called Flare, who was in the middle of a fight with two directive Novas. The encounter took place in a C. of S.M. retreat camp. One where they keep their kids and those damaged indirectly by Nova attacks, eruptions etc. I have to paraphrase a bit.

" It was the middle of the night. One of the cabins suddenly exploded and there was light everywhere. Everyone started screaming and running for cover. There was a big man standing by the church, covered in flame. But he wasn't hurt. He just stood there and laughed. He sent a ball of flame towards another cabin and it exploded. You could hear them scream inside as the place went up. Then this man walked into the light in front of me. I couldn't see his face, but he was wearing a black robe or coat or something. He was holding a cross out in front of him and a chalice. The nova laughed at him. he just walked up holding the cross out praying loudly. The Nova said something to him, I couldn't hear properly, and then the man threw some of his holy water on him. There was a huge explosion of bright light, and everything was burnt. I looked away. When I looked again, the nova was gone. All that was standing there was a confused looking naked man with blond hair. The priest was getting up off the muddy ground, only he didn't have the cross in his hand anymore, he had a pistol. He walked up to the man, pointed it at his head and shot him. I ran then.....".

Thats what I have. Don't know if it's Father Ryan for sure. I do know that miss Aubery was there and that Flare was after her. Two more Novas turned up dead there. Anyway hope that helps a bit.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or did a noticeable portion of this forum's messages dissapear? I know one of my messages is interupted in the middle. Does anyone know what happened?

Bagman, thanks for the info. Father Ryan is going to be a continuing thorn in our side. As they say, when someone hunts the hunters, who is really doing the hunting?

Cornelius, I don't remember you from my time, but from what I have learned of you and your personality, here is what I surmise.

In the early days (2011-2013), as novas began to take control of Utopia, there were a few novas whose "unpopular" views and actions caused them to become inprisoned or 'removed'. With your views on simian rights and from what I learned about Utopian policies governing scientific applications as well as space exploration/colonization, you were probably one of the early martyrs to the cause of individual expression and freedom for all. I don't see you shutting up, stopping your quest for simian equality, or being small enough to be ignored. You probably argued your case, fought your fight, and died while I was still in school. We didn't find out about the earliest victims of Utopian purges until much later. With Utopia's mania about controlling off-planet movements, it is unlikely that you could have maintained a colony elsewhere without there snoops finding out about it. The only novas who escaped off-world that I was aware of were still on the run years later.

Sorry, but you seem like a stand-up guy and people tend to stick to form as much as possible, from what I have seen. My 'past' didn't tolerate those who dared to dream differently from the Powers on High. As I have said earlier, it was a place dominated by novas, for novas. It was the Utopian Ideal, as long as you didn't rock the boat. No war, disease, or famine. Everyone was taken care of. Everything was planned out and controlled. Earth and its colonies were a paradise, unless you wanted to be free.

Jager,

wonder if i should be pissed of that they killed me in an alternative universe, yep pissed, hope i went down with a fight, yep with my temperament, would have, upgrade the chimps and war without mercy, 10 times worse then planet of the apes hehe.

i heard about a nove able to contact alternative selfs, acouple years back, dont know what happened to him, utopia proble got him, either dead or in some clinic.

Whoops. Looks like I lost a post too. The dangers of not having a hosting company to complain to I suppose. We could send a note to the Directive but thats more than likely not a good idea.

Jager, do you have an alter ego here too? He (she?) would be about ten or so. Must be kinda strange, still I suppose you could give yourself extra pocket money and arrange to get yourself laid on your thirteenth birthday. (Just kidding!)

My heads splitting. I think I'll take a break and water the plants, maybe watch some old episodes of "Moonlighting" on the Nostalga channel. Bruce Willis is great in it.

Man this place is great! Clones, Cross time travelers, Sexually ambivilant super-geniuses, Intellient blue furred chimps, Black-ops in America's gay mecca! Cronenburg, Lynch, they got nuthin on you guys.

So tell me, how the hell do you keep a secret identity these days?

Ryan how the hell did you get on this forum? It's for Novas only for God's Sake. Or, is this you coming out of the closet?

We've gotten reports that your a bit of a bad ass Padre. How 'bout you try to work out those hostility issues?

It does not take a tainted mind to find this place, only belief and persistance.

Bagman, I don't know where you got your details from but their are not entirely correct. However I did, through God's intervention, kill that satanic spawn Flare. As well as those other two.

I do not care who you work for. I do not care what causes you fight for. I do not care what you do with your borrowed time.

God has judged you unclean. And your presence shall be purged from his creation, this world.

Your Nova powers make it so much easier to find you, when I strip them from you, through HIS will, I am filled with divine ectasy, knowing that you will all surely fall.

Your powers don't make you special snakes, they just make you damned.

Father, it is time for me to be blunt. We have a couple of possibilities here, one you are a Nova and are too ashamed to come to grips with that fact. If this is the case I simply pity you in your smallness. Two, you are a Nova and are under some delusion that whatever it is that happens to Novas when you're around is God's will. This is a possibility, my good friend Jay was under the misconception that his powers were God given blessings. If this is so, you are still a small minded, self deluded fool. Third, you are not a Nova, but one of those strange bastards that I have run into in the past. Jaeger ran into some also. Fine, I killed them with little problem as they made certain tactical errors. Fourth, the last possibility is that you are using some sort of tech to do this. This would pretty much duplicate the situation in number three, I still would win.

Ryan, the fact is you are an idiot. You are the simplistic sort of zealot who happily throws reasoning to the side whenever faced with a situation your weak and paltry faith cannot handle. Please note, I am not insulting faith in general. True faith is a beautiful and wonderfull thing, something I admire and treasure. Your faith is a withered little piece of refuse however. So, Padre, I beg of you, I implore you, stop abusing my eyes with your drivel. I believe the correct street vernacular is 'bring it on old man'.

Our intel on the good Father suggests that the "Holy Water" he carries around with him is more than it seems. Also the bullet that killed the Elite known as "Flare" was of an unknown highly explosive nature.

Is anyone here paranoid enough to think that the good priest might have set up this whole site as a means to track Nova activity?

Bagman, I suggest we mobilise the rest of Titan to bring this murderer to justice. I can have Boomer, The Doctor, Cassandra and the Mark XII's to go status in a few hours. If you do not wish to endanger Titan personel I can take a few of the other Rangers out and continue to gather intel on him for a possible ambush.

Ranger,

The opnet is not the place to discuss this. We will talk later.

I went over the area afterwards with the doctor. Eclipsidol, or whatever it's called. The bastard sprayed them with Eclipsidol as holy water, and when they had no protection shot them in the head.

We are dealing with a baseline here. A VERY well equiped baseline.

One with a lot of backing. I hate fanatics.

Huh? Uh Trauma, I think you're right man, this is totally not the toddlers sandbox! What the hell is Eclipisdol anyway? And who the hell are "the rangers" Are they like the Power Ranger or something? And Titan, do you mean the MOON Titan? Circling Jupiter?

Where the hell is this all taking place, 'cause I want to make sure I'm nowhere near whan it does!

The "Rangers", much to my chagrin, are a group of wannabes who have taken to following me around. Titan refers to the company known as Titan Inc., a company founded by the Bagman after the dissolution of his original team. "Titan" refers to the Titan class Nova classification of which Bagman is one.

Eclipsidol is a chemical which when introduced into a Novas body by contact causes his MR node to spasam and to expend all quantum energy at once.

Do not worry about where all this happends. Bagman and I are more than a little fond of fighting our battles offworld so as to prevent baseline fatalities.

So just how does this nova rating thing work anyway? Is titan the highest level? what are the names of the other rankings? What ranking are you Ranger?

Where the heck does that Eclipsical stuff come from and haw easy is it to get it? I would hate to run in to a bunch of Michaelites with this stuff.

Ace, don't worry, eclipisdol is particularly rare. I've only run across it once and that was by mistake. I am not sure who made the stuff as to be honest, it doesn't worry me. Threats of shutting off my ability to manipulate quantum don't frighten me. I've always been more of a tool user, and now, I've got some truly wicked tools.

If that's all the Padre has in his shorts he is more of a joke than I thought. But I doubt that's all he has though. I'll just keep checking.

This Eclipsidol sounds nasty. Where does it come from? What happends when its splashed on you?

On another topic did anyone see the news the other day about that kid who erupted and gave his classmates his mox telling them it would make them Novas too? Does anyone know more about that? What age was the kid and why did he do something like that? Why weren't Utopia monitoring his drug use?

I think I need a vacation. I've been just worked two shifts in a row and I am beat. Does anyone know where I can get some Nova grade caffine?

Trauma, That kid was an idiot. I've got nothing against Utopia, They let me use their training facilities sometimes, but they do seem a little free with their meds. A better question to ask is where were the kids parents. I'm a Nova, I'm 17, that's why I work in a mailroom. My dad feel I will learn more, and value what I achieve if it isn't handed to me. I guess he's right but, man, someone offered me 5 Million Dollars last week just to have sex with them! Anyways, Eruption doesn't equal maturity, know what I mean?

So what happened to the kids who took it (the mox I mean? Are they O.K.?

My name is Jacob Webb, I work with Atwight, and have associations with Jager. Both currently seem to be missing, Atwight was forcibly taken from his lab several days ago, and has not been heard form since, and I am unsure what has happened to Jager, I am unable to contact him through any means at my disposal. I have a squad investigating Atwight's dissapearance but they have missed their last two contact times. Does anyone here have any information that could help me, I loathe having to rely on Utopia or Elites to solve this problem.

Webb here,

I cannot speak for Jager in any way, I have not known him long enough. He may just be on a job somewhere and keeping quiet.

Atwight, may or may not be psi-resistant, it depends on what tech he has with him. As far as I am aware he has no inborn resistances. Last report I recieved from my recovery team had our teleporter tracing a spatial anomoly back to it's source. I know Atwight is wanted by both Utopia and the Directive, however I believe this is retaliation for his raid on Delphi Inc. Gideon Delphi is a miserable bastard and this would be just like him.

Webb,

your messages are very concerning, both missing, Atwights disappearance concerns us here the most on Primus, as he knows our spatial co-ordinates, as such we have put our miltia forces on full alert, issued the power armour and non powered combat armoursuits to the patrols and doubled there number and frequency, issued all the high tech weapons to our personel, the needlers, and PA (particle accellerator) rifles and guns, and the rail guns, even got vehicle patrols armed with light to heavy railguns,even the high preasure water guns filled with Eclipsidol, which we mostly keep locked up, as we dont have much and our supplier only makes a little bit per/year.

We have even got our concealed weapons turrents online and opperational, which are both controlled and automated, and can identify none native personnel by face or by the badge there not wearing no need to worry we have atwights image in the database, so they willl recognize him, still bettter to be sure, dont want them to be fooled by a clone of him.

we will keep an eye open here, but atwight hasn't shown up here as of this message being sent.

Cornelius, I doubt you folks on Primus have anything to worry about. It is unlikely that anyone who was inclined to snatch him even knows about his connection to you. Still it is good to be alert. I still have nothing to report on eith Jager, Atwight, or my recovery team.

Jacob Webb

Well, I am finally back, Thanks to Mr.Webb's recovery team. Thank you to those of you showed some concern for my unfortunate disappearance. I am in need of some recovery time but eventually I will be fine. It seems there have been some interesting things going on here, I hope everyone is doing well? On a side note, has no one seen or heard from Jager?

Atwight, Webb, sorry for the long delay, but I was indisposed and the opposition was onto my normal contact methods. Needless to say, Tasha is in recovery and some Teragen pricks are going to pay. If Delphi put them up to this, he just made the list as well. As far as I could tell, the whole Wanton thing was a ruse. Now, for some well timed payback.

The rankings were devised by Utopia and the UN. I am unaware of the names of the other classifications but Titan is in fact the highest rating known including such luminaries as Cestus Pax and Divis Mal. This class has also been called "Prime Threat Class" by data corruption encountered... and the term is gaining popularity with Directive operatives. You correctly assumed that I am of the aformentioned grade.

Ranger, from what I have been able to gather, there are three other classifications above Titan class. No one has qualified for them yet, so they aren't in use. Since the designation is largely based on the cubic mileage that said individual could devastate, this is a small comfort.

For the uninitiated, Titan class is a threat to planetary stability. Anyone powerful and/or smart enough to devastate a land area larger than 10,000 sq. km but less than a continent is considered a Titan class threat. If they lost it, they could do great damage to the planet's ecosystem, but the planet would survive as a habitable place (assuming they were stopped). The next level max.'s at leaving the planet unihabitable and includes things like making the sun go nova, stripping off the atmosphere, and altering the worlds gravitic fields for a nano-second or so. The last stage we normally bother with is someone who reduces the planet to so much molecular debris. A Galaxy-class threat is someone capable of taking out the whole solar system (causing the sun to explode and the like).

At the lower end (down with peons like myself) the Directive and Utopia use some different designations and qualify people differently. I know the Directive places a higher emphasis on economic stability and threats to the same than Utopia does. Ranger, if you would be so kind...

Thanks you Jager. Utopia's classifications tend to deal with raw power and are derived from the Aeon Societies own classification system.

Aeon itself quantifies Novas purely on distabilising capability. A prime threat class Nova is one capable of any of the actions listed by Jager above. (Utopia feels the need for the sub-classifications, Aeon does not) In Aeon classification a prime threat class Nova might also be one who could cause massive economic or social change or has intellectual or perception levels which are a threat to national and world security.

The Aeon classifications include, but are not limited to the following (weakest first):

Pandora Class

Hopalite Class

Nemisis Class

Archimeades Class

Prime Threat/Titan Class

There are further breakdowns available for these based on the type of threat posed. (social, economic etc) The directive tends to use Russian words or names to indicate threat levels, I am not sure of the nomenclature as I have had little dealing with them.

I just took a peak through an old back door and I was upgraded since my last look. I am rated a Nemisis Threat now. I feel so much more omnipotent. Really, I can't imagine what I have done to earn this distinguished honor. It took me forever to just make Hopalite <snif>. I'm all broken up about this. Now back to some real world concerns.

I am curious also as to what classification I would merit. I have no ability to personally harm a large quantity of people, but my technical skills could rectify that. Jaeger, are you aware as to the classifications of those Novas who regularly post here?

James, your a Prime Threat/Titan Class problem-child and have been for some time. Seems your inventive tendancies, willingness to 'create' more novas, as well as your list of known associates all classify in the big-bad category. Man, you have a huge laundry list of sins. I didn't know your were responsible for half the crap that leads back to your door. Hat's off.

Atwight, your still a Archimeades Threat, but your file is currently under review (gosh, who could be causing that) and I predict an upgrade in your future. It seems some of your financial transactions as well as your propenisty for black market tech haven't gone unnoticed. Don't feel bad, though; Geryon is in your category.

Hmmm, little 'ol me a Titan? I think they give me more credit than I deserve. Oh well, sometimes it's a good thing to be thought of as being a big, bad, mofo. Hopefully it won't cause me too much trouble.

Sins eh? Damn, I thought I had done a better job of covering my tracks than that. Well, secrets are hard to keep these days. I haven't caused too many deaths, and most of those were at least moderatly deserving. The creating Novas comment though I feel is off the mark. I simply created an environmnet in which my compatriots children could be raised and protected. I didn't think that the Nursery's time dilation field would be as effective as it was. I thought that their maturation would take at least 2 years of subjective time. With their little nodes working overtime on pumping up the field's integrity they were out and fully matured within a month. So, to be honest, I didn't 'create' any Novas, I was more of a foster father. Oh, by the by, I've run some tests on them and have found that 2nd gen's have an intrinsically better foundation for quantum manipulation than we do. But you with your time hopping probably already knew that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
James, your a...

Jager, I find myself curious. Could your sources find out what Aeon / Utopia knows about me?

I only know of three novas reported to have an ability like mine and only one used the ability with any creatively. Even she limited herself to humanoid simulacra. None of them seemed to be express quantum powers through their constructs except for durability and strength.

Within limits of the juice I can bring to bear at any particular moment, I seem to be able to "construct" any thing I can conceive of, including Q-powers that I do not possess personally. Since erupting I've tried to keep a low profile, sometimes manifesting powers through device-like constructs. My data trail is difficult but not impossible to trace if you knew what to look for.

You may find it advantageous to cross-reference the following names (ignore the abilities associated with the persona's. I only possess one "power."):

Dream
Louise Syfer
Warlock
John Prestor
Wizard
Morpheous
Jack Springheel
Sandman
Scott Free

Thank you. I am aware your time is valuable and will owe you for this favor.

Jager:

My apologies. After consideration, I realize I given you little to go on, considering my preference for avoiding the spotlight and using multiple identities.

As I remarked earlier, I have considerable abilities in the creation of quantum constructs, moreso than anyone else I've been able to track down. As part of that ability I can utilize quantum powers that I myself have no particular gift for by making a construct that does.

You may recall my mentioning the construction of a city model for a friend. The hard part was tracking down imagery of the city before the bomb and building a mental image of the city frozen in an instant of time. Once I had the cityscape firmly in my mind I only had to visualize a machine that I could communicate the image to and guide it's beams to remove the part of the raw material that didn't fit my image. That same friend that received that gift compared me to an old pre-galatea comicbook about a guy with ring that could do something similiar. I've read it but seen only a sufercial similiarity.

Beyond that, I am more intelligent than pre-eruption with photographic memory. I'm still quite energetic despite having seen a half century and climate conditions seem to have no effect on me. I can feel the heat or cold but I neither sweat nor shiver from it. My artwork has improved vastly since eruption and compliments my construct work.

My switching identities isn't as difficult as I first thought it would be as I seem to have a gift for leading questions away from sensitive areas.

I've seen a (probably low level from your perspective) dust-up or two with other novas but no elite style combat. Mainly just instances where their paths crossed mine in a manner I wasn't prepared to tolerate.

I've never had a direct run in with Utopians or Team Tomorrow although I've been contacted (in various identities) to enter a rashoud facility. Twice by the same recruiter. He seemed to recognize me at first then forget he'd seen me before after I emphatically told him he was mistaken.

Mainly, I work jobs that interest me and provide a creative challenge. I've never signed a long term contract and try not to work for the same company in more than one identity. My real pleasure is in solving problems, the more it helps other and satisfies my creative urge, the better I like the work.

Thanks for taking the time to check this for me.

Ahh, it is always nice to be underestimated. So they have a file on me again eh? Time for a little monkey wrenching again.

Wizard,

Your power seems very similar to some of my own. I have the ability to transform raw quantum energy into just about anything. Organics, Inorganics, complex or simplistic, it makes no difference. My only real limit is how much quantum I have currently stored, and how much I can channel through my node at any given time. Couple that with complete and total recall, super genius with a flair for engineering, science, medicine and mathematics, and an intuitive understanding of aesthetics? What you end up with is a walking, talking research, design, and production facility.

Quote:
Originally posted by Atwight:
Ahh, Your power seems very similar to some of my own. I have the ability to transform raw quantum energy into just about anything. Organics, Inorganics, complex or simplistic, it makes no difference

When you say organic, are you referring to chemical substances containing carbon... or living structures?

In either case (especially in the latter case), I would say your abilities outstrip my own in almost all areas. My constructs are essentially simulacra which reacts as I expect it to. For instance, I've created a PDA to access my OPNET messages and it performed as I desired though I have no knowledge of the OPNET beyond that of a user.

Or, and I relate this story knowing SOVEM may well disaprove, I once created a futuristic energy weapon. I gave this to a friend that was assisting me in a shadow of the night endevor for her own protection while I was elsewhere. Circumstances at one point dictated that she use the weapon and upon firing it promptly stunned the guards that had chanced upon her.

The weapon, based off an old TV (pre-opnet) show in the 1960's worked exactly as I had envisioned it though I possess no power to stun living beings or possess the knowledge to engineer such a device. It was, in many ways, a props which performs as desires then evaporates back into quantum matrix.

Actually, that is a very good descriptor. These creations are quantum props which seem to work independent of my ignorance to create such devices the hard way. It is also that impermanance which caused me to develop methods of accomplishing my tasks indirectly. To refer to an earlier example of the cityscape, if I had simply created it with pure quantum it would have evaporated back into nothingness (a phrase I use guardedly) in only a few minutes. So instead I created the tool to allow me to shape the material as I desired and accomplished a less transitory creation.

Atwight, I thought they underestimated you as well, but if you have been altering their files, that would explain the paucity of information on you and your lower rating.

Wizard...oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!!!!

I think I know what you do. Stay away form any really powerful novas. My friend, you may subconciously alter the paradigm around yourself. The Universe reacts somewhat poorly to this. Do me a favor. Look into an area were you have used a great deal of power. Don't use your powers near the area when your doing the search. Look for signs of quantum disruption, molecular decay and any signs of quantum pollution. If you find these signs, then I'm probably right. If I am right, your one seriously bad dude.

As for your 'aliases'; There is no mention of Syfer or Sandman(at least no one with that name in your neck of the woods) and none of the others exceed Nemisis level. Still, if you have the ability to alter things like you say, then the powers-that-be are getting conflicting information from the field. Keep it that way. You DO NOT want to be the first kid on your block to break Titan class.