Demon the Fallen

needle

::blink How many of you have purchased this book? I was just wondering. I had it since its come out. I like what they've done with this thing but in places it seems to lag a bit but oh well. Some of my friends like it. The sales are very good according to the trade magazines. However it hasn't out sold Vampire or Exalted. White Wolf 's sales fell a bit in December but they should be ok now. Hunters sales are zzzzzzz ::sleeping but thats to be expected. I've been away for awhile, sorry gang things are very strange at times.. Has anyone run Abby or Trinity with CyberPunk 2020? Am starting a Cyberpunk/Vampire Crossover game for a con thats happening at the end of May. So I've started writing again ::wacko later....

Yup I bought it, on reflection, I'm not entirely sure why.

I haven't purchased a WoD related product for a looong time, thought I'd give this one a shot, read through it... and reminded myself why I lost interest in WoD in the first place.

Just M.O. though - and I don't really have the energy right now to go into why it wasn't my thing, it just wasn't ::wacko

Welcome back btw Needle ::biggrin

I bought it the day it came out. On hindsight, I really had expected something very different. But, also in hindsight, what I was expecting probably would never be marketed (at least not without massive "Mature Audiences" labels all over it... come on! It's called Demon for crying out loud!)

Still, I read it (all four chapters of background, sheesh!) and I still like it. Many opportunities for sorties, er, stories ::blush . In fact, most of my players and I have come up with at least 2 character ideas each for the game (I'm at 5 so far). The only reason we haven't played it yet is because we finally had the opportunity to resume a long-standing Trinity series very soon afterwards. Otherwise, I'd have tried it by now. I do have fun making 3 character backgrounds for each character, though (Angel, human, demon), that spans all of time. The scope of the game is kinda big. Must be frustrating being stuck inside that little body. Well, I guess not being in hell helps!

Anyone actually played it yet?

Am starting a Cyberpunk/Vampire Crossover game

I once played in a Vampire-Shadowrun cross. It was a post-Gehenna continuation of our previous VtM game. We got to make new clans based on our old (and now overpowered characters), and then make our new characters based on those clans! That was fun. You'd get bonuses and penalties to your attributes based on what "sub-clan" (bloodline) you belonged to, and other cool little things. Ah, the days of Clan Makulatum... ::smiley4

::rolleyes

Anyone actually played it yet?

We bought the book a few months ago and found it damn good, as for playing it... We've all setup characters but still haven't gotten around to playing it. Personal note though, I love how starting characters can't hold their ground in a fight with other starting WoD supernaturals!

Finally a game where humans are your objective!

::devilangel Meanwhile its a Sunday night & am watching Snowfall in the night. So the working answer to my question is no. Its like Mummy one oft the best WW rpgs that no buddy plays but hangs on to the book anyway. Now if I could only find the Dark Future Car game by Games Workshop my life would be complete ::unsure . Anyway am using some of the rules on cyberware from this page to make my players really paranoid for the whole Vampire/Cyberpunk crossover thing. Yes ,am taking this stuff really seriously ::rolleyes So what have been my latest endeavors? Hmm trying to get another Trinity Game going but everyones busy, Damn "Real life" Lets see Godlike will be releasing some new stuff in the coming months. I think about May or June. Has anyone used Silver Age Sentials or any of their product? Monday will mean the Abysaals book for Exalted ::dozingoff & another Demon Product ::lookaround. Yes a game that no one I know plays. Has any of you seen the Core? Was it good or good for the rental price?

DareDevil was cool ::devil Great to know that Shadowrun has been put to good use.

Now if I could only find the Dark Future Car game by Games Workshop my life would be complete.

I remember that! In one of the books wasn't Elvis on the run with some stolen orbital weapon codes or something? The game was cool, like a mad-max-esque version of that crappy 'Gorka-Moron' or whatever.

::tongue

Chloe

Archived