Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero

ProfPotts

Janet gets a sly look ::sly on her face as Terry shakes her hand,

"Why Terry, you're even more handsome than they told me! And please, call me Jan. As for your question, it's a bit of both - these days I get a lot of artistic input, but I try to remain true to the visions of the directors & writers."

She turns to John,

"And this young man must be the 'Glacier' I've heard so much about.", she tosses her hair to one side & stares the youth in the eyes, "I take it you don't think much of our production? What would you suggest to improve it? I'd love to hear any ideas you may have."

Masters quickly moves to get on with the introductions, indicating William,

"This fine gentleman is my namesake, William. His father & I go back a long way - I lost a bet & now I have to look after his kid..." ::biggrin , he slaps Will on the shoulder in a friendly manner.

Indicating Nathan he continues, "Emma's companion is 'Blaze' - you can blame my PR people for that, they thought it necessary after all the heroics in New York a few weeks back."

"And this", he gestures towards Derek, "Is 'Interface' - MI's latest technological genius. We have high hopes for what he'll develop for us, & humanity, in the near future."

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
\"This fine gentleman is my namesake, William. His father & I go back a long way - I lost a bet & now I have to look after his kid...\"  , he slaps Will on the shoulder in a friendly manner.

Looks over at Masters "Look after indeed... ::sly " Incline's his head towards the actress "Ms. Thorne, an absolute pleasure to meet you". ::blush

Janet looks over at Will with mock annoyance ::angry ::smile ,

"You can call me 'Jan' too, young man - 'Ms Thorne' makes me sound positively ancient!"

Her eyes pass over Will's toned & imposing Nova physique,

"And the pleasure is all mine... You're quite the handsome fellow yourself, aren't you Will..."

There's something almost predatory in her smile... ::devil

\"You can call me 'Jan' too, young man - 'Ms Thorne' makes me sound positively ancient!\"

Her eyes pass over Will's toned & imposing Nova physique,

\"And the pleasure is all mine... You're quite the handsome fellow yourself, aren't you Will...\"

Only half kidding Will replies with a grin "Yes, yes I am ::biggrin . And I'll only call you Jan if you call me Will, do we have a deal?"

Only half kidding Will replies with a grin \"Yes, yes I am  . And I'll only call you Jan if you call me Will, do we have a deal?\"

"Well, Will", she replies, "you drive a hard bargain, but it's a deal! It was going to be either 'Will' or 'Junior' anyway..." ::bigsmile

\"Hey popsicle, you'd better watch out, you're on fire. Between this, the sun and the ladies its a wonder you haven't melted into a puddle yet...Guess we'd better introduce ourselves.\"

John is thankful, later, that Terry walked off before he could show his immature side with a remark about popsicles. What an image.

\"And this young man must be the 'Glacier' I've heard so much about.\", she tosses her hair to one side & stares the youth in the eyes, \"I take it you don't think much of our production? What would you suggest to improve it? I'd love to hear any ideas you may have.\"

Caught off guard, John stammers, "Oh, I, uh, I mean.. It's not that.. I didn't mean to.. er, um...

What?"

John thinks quickly, and realizes what has happened.

"Listen, your powers of perception are very impressive, but if you're going to use them, you forfeit the right to take offense at people's opinions, particularly the ones they choose to try to keep to themselves. I'm sure your picture is very good, but I must've seen about five movies in my life. No offense, but I've always found real life to be more interesting, especially recently." Deciding there's no reason to get on this person's bad side (shudder), he adds with a smile: "But of course, that can only be because I've never had the pleasure of seeing one of your pictures, Mrs.. um, Jan.

"And call me John. I'm not kidding."

Shaking hands with Terry, John smiles. "Nice to meet you too Terry. I hope you enjoy the stay while you're here. "

His deep voice resonating, he follows along with Master's introductions...

"William, a pleasure. Don't suppose you'd be interested in a game of hoops later? You look like you'd be a worthy opponent!" ::laugh

"Derek, is it? Nice to meet you. I hear you're quite the wizkid! Maybe we can talk later, I was always interested in science, just never very good at it."

He chuckles, self-deprecatingly.

"Nathan...or should I call you Blaze? Maybe you'd be willing to join in on that basketball game? *stage whisper and nodding towards Janet with a sly grin* She's very beautiful you know, but for some reason, she never wants to play with me." ::sly

Striding over to Glacier, he plants himself in front of him and offers his hand to shake.

"And this must be the infamous Glacier. I sure hope you're better tempered than the news makes you out to be. Waving his hand dismissively, he continues. "I'm sure you're a great guy. Those N! reports can easily put a negative spin on something, even if it's not deserved." Flicking his eyes towards Janet, he lowers his voice and says, "Listen buddy, you need to go easy on the assumptions. I could see the derision on your face 30 feet away during the filming. Janet wasn't the only one that noticed, she's just very sensitive to unwanted criticism. I'm a little more thick-skinned, but at least do us the courtesy of not mocking our work while we're standing in front of you. I'm sure you meant no offense, just be mindful of others will ya? No hard feelings, ok?"

Stepping back slightly so he can address the group as a whole, he grins widely and raises his voice. "Mr. Masters, if you don't mind, I'd like to invite everyone to my place this evening for an impromptu get together. Nothing fancy, but I rarely get a chance to interact with this many Novas, and I'd like to get to know everyone better. Any objections?"

\"But of course, that can only be because I've never had the pleasure of seeing one of your pictures, Mrs.. um, Jan.

\"And call me John. I'm not kidding.\"

Jan gives a reassuring smile to Glacier ::smile ,

\"It's rare that I meet people who haven't seen my films before they meet me... 'in the flesh'... so to speak. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion of our work here, but I'd ask that you allow me to reserve my right to disagree with that opinion if I find it bias & crude. 'Real life' may be interesting for you right now but that in no way invalidates the service we provide by telling a good story, now does it 'John'? Although I rather liked 'Popsicle' as a name myself...\"

She's very beautiful you know, but for some reason, she never wants to play with me.\" 

\"John, darling\", Jan calls over, \"I'd love to play with you boys... it's just that basketball isn't the game I had in mind...\" ::wink

Stepping back slightly so he can address the group as a whole, he grins widely and raises his voice. \"Mr. Masters, if you don't mind, I'd like to invite everyone to my place this evening for an impromptu get together. Nothing fancy, but I rarely get a chance to interact with this many Novas, and I'd like to get to know everyone better. Any objections?\"

"Fine by me", replies Masters, "I never turn down the chance of a good party!" ::partyhat1

Striding over to Glacier, he plants himself in front of him and offers his hand to shake.

\"And this must be the infamous Glacier.

John interrupts. \"The name is John, sorry.\"

\"I sure hope you're better tempered than the news makes you out to be. Waving his hand dismissively, he continues. \"I'm sure you're a great guy. Those N! reports can easily put a negative spin on something, even if it's not deserved.\"

John laughs. \"What have they been saying about me? I'll kill them!!!\", he jokes.

\"It's rare that I meet people who haven't seen my films before they meet me... 'in the flesh'... so to speak. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion of our work here, but I'd ask that you allow me to reserve my right to disagree with that opinion if I find it bias & crude. 'Real life' may be interesting for you right now but that in no way invalidates the service we provide by telling a good story, now does it 'John'?

John's face falls. \"Was I really that obvious? I apologize.\" He laughs. \"And here I was thinking you had to be using nova powers to read my poker face. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make fun of you; I'm just a little psyched from recent events.\" He grins. \"I'll be good. And I hope we can overcome our differences, Mrs..-\" he smacks himself over the head this time - \"sorry, Jany.\"

\"Although I rather liked 'Popsicle' as a name myself...\"

::biggrin \"Yeah, I've taken a fancy to it myself.. Do you think they let you change it?\"

\"Mr. Masters, if you don't mind, I'd like to invite everyone to my place this evening for an impromptu get together. Nothing fancy, but I rarely get a chance to interact with this many Novas, and I'd like to get to know everyone better. Any objections?\"

"Hmm. No, and in fact, I'm your new biggest fan ::bigsmile "

Jan gives a reassuring smile to Glacier  ,

\"It's rare that I meet people who haven't seen my films before they meet me... 'in the flesh'... so to speak. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion of our work here, but I'd ask that you allow me to reserve my right to disagree with that opinion if I find it bias & crude. 'Real life' may be interesting for you right now but that in no way invalidates the service we provide by telling a good story, now does it 'John'? Although I rather liked 'Popsicle' as a name myself...\"

\"Yeah, I've taken a fancy to it myself.. Do you think they let you change it?\"

Terry chuckles

"Well, I doubt that it'd be taken already...I for one enjoy movies very much, when I have the time to see them that is. Lately that hasn't been the case which makes this little vacation all the more welcome for me. - Terry turns towards the Johns (Glacier and Fabry...:P) - Perhaps you guys could double up against Blaze and Will? I'd be the oddball and besides, I'm sure Masters and I can entertain the ladies while we wait."

\"I'll be good. And I hope we can overcome our differences, Mrs..-\" he smacks himself over the head this time - \"sorry, Jany.\"

\"Oh, I'm sure you can learn to love me, Popsi\", replies Jan ::tongue , \"But it's definately not 'Mrs' anything - at least not until the right man comes along...\" ::sly

\"Hmm. No, and in fact, I'm your new biggest fan  \"

"I know a few girls who'd debate that", comments Jan, glancing at Mr Fabry's butt ::wub , "But it's good to see you boys getting along so well."

Perhaps you guys could double up against Blaze and Will? I'd be the oddball and besides, I'm sure Masters and I can entertain the ladies while we wait.\"

"Hmm.. Well, it's nice of you to offer - we would need a pretty odd ball to survive me touching it, but I doubt if my powering up for a basketball game would be smiled upon. I guess I'm stuck with you guys 'entertaining the ladies'", John grins, "and I'm sure they'll find us entertaining."

\"Fine by me\", replies Masters, \"I never turn down the chance of a good party!\" 

Laughing, he responds,

\"Well then, a party we shall have! And to make sure that us 'boys' aren't bored, I think a pool party would be just the thing. Provided, of course, that Janet isn't too shy to wear her bathing suit.\" ::halo

\"I'm sure Masters would be willing to provide transportation to my home, as I think cramming everyone into my car may be a bit too cozy! ::laugh Mr. Masters of course knows the way, shall we say everyone meet at my place in a few hours? I need some time to prepare for guests, but not to worry, there'll be plenty to eat and drink! ::biggrin

\"Hmm.. Well, it's nice of you to offer - we would need a pretty odd ball to survive me touching it, but I doubt if my powering up for a basketball game would be smiled upon. I guess I'm stuck with you guys 'entertaining the ladies'\", John grins, \"and I'm sure they'll find us entertaining.\"

"Don't sweat it too much, John. Hey, look at it this way, I can't power up, and I'm taking my chances on losing horribly! ::rolleyes Besides, who knows? Maybe Will and Nathan are really bad at basketball! ::smiley1

Waving to Masters, John starts walking to his car, a glossy black 1968 Camaro SS. "I'll see you folks there! Remember, bring your swimsuits and appetites!"

\"Don't sweat it too much, John. Hey, look at it this way, I can't power up, and I'm taking my chances on losing horribly!  Besides, who knows? Maybe Will and Nathan are really bad at basketball!\"

John laughs. "Okay, I'm in." He points threateningly at Will and Nathan. "You'll rue the day you went up against the Johns!"

\"Don't sweat it too much, John. Hey, look at it this way, I can't power up, and I'm taking my chances on losing horribly!  Besides, who knows? Maybe Will and Nathan are really bad at basketball! 

Will grins \"Don't be too sure, but I doubt your as bad as you're making out ::sly . Oh I assume we'll be playing by certain rules, yes?\" ::sly

John laughs. \"Okay, I'm in.\" He points threateningly at Will and Nathan. \"You'll rue the day you went up against the Johns!\"

"Hehehe ::laugh , you crack me up Johny boy... Let's head out you don't look too comfortable in this weather and I'd hate to see The Bear deciding he doesn't like it either".

\"And this\", he gestures towards Derek, \"Is 'Interface' - MI's latest technological genius. We have high hopes for what he'll develop for us, & humanity, in the near future.\" 

Derek looks somewhat uncomfortable with the situation, looks quite overwhelmed by the stars in front of him.

He timidly presents a hand for a handshake to each of the new people, and gives a friendly nod towards Glacier.

we would need a pretty odd ball to survive me touching it

Derek grins at that comment:

"Well, John, I'm sure something could be arranged....." ::wink

"As for me, I'm not that good at Basketball, but I'm sure I wouldn't penalise my team too much....." ::biggrin

Laughing, he responds,

\"Well then, a party we shall have! And to make sure that us 'boys' aren't bored, I think a pool party would be just the thing. Provided, of course, that Janet isn't too shy to wear her bathing suit.\" 

"Bathing suit?", asks Jan innocently ::halo , "Why, Mr Fabry, does that mean you're afraid of skinny-dipping?" ::devil

The actress then puts her arm around Emma's shoulder & steers her away from the gentlemen, asking,

"Now darling, you must tell me which one... or ones... of these studs you've laid claim to..." ::sly ::devil

Emma looks decidely embarrassed ::blush at the question (although the observant spot her quick glances between Terry & Nate ::sly ).

Masters, meanwhile, has flipped open a cell-phone & walked off slightly,

"Ash? No, no... everything's fine. Just a bit of a change of plans... no, not that... no, it's a party... no, not 'another one'... this one's being thrown by that young actor you like so much... no, not him - the Fabry fellow... yes, that one... yes, with the... yes... What? No. Get Kane to do it, he's good at it, you need the break..."

"No takers? Alright then...see you all at the house!" ::biggrin

With a final wave, John slides into the driver's seat. The car's engine rumbling like thunder in a bottle, John smirks as he revs it and drops into first gear, ripping out of the parking lot in a cloud of burnt rubber. ::smokin

(OOC: I will now leave it to the Prof to set the scene at John's house...thank you sir.)

\"Well, John, I'm sure something could be arranged.....\"

Cocking an eyebrow, John replies, \"Aah, no thanks - I'll just play like this, and I bet I still wipe the court with all of you..\"

With a final wave, John slides into the driver's seat. The car's engine rumbling like thunder in a bottle, John smirks as he revs it and drops into first gear, ripping out of the parking lot in a cloud of burnt rubber. 

For a single, insane moment, John wants to power up and chase the car, snapping at its hubcap like a dog. The moment passes. ::wink

\"Hehehe So much for basketball...\" Glancing over at Jan discretely so as not to grab her attention, he mutters to himself \"Ah, It's good to be alive!...\"

John feels very much the same way, particularly if Jany is serious about them skinny-dipping. (OOC: Prof, I'm trying not to make any popsicle jokes, but you gotta meet me halfway here ::wink ::bigsmile ::blink ).

\"Come along genltemen, the rest of the day awaits  \".

"Where did you have in mind? I'm open to suggestions..." ::cool

Stopping at his car, John looks back at the group and calls out, \"Hey, anyone want a preview tour of my place? I can only fit one passenger, but we'll sure get there fast!\" 

\"No thanks John, I'll stay with Masters. There's some...business we have to discuss on the way.\"

\"No takers? Alright then...see you all at the house!\" 

Terry's expression turns grave for an instant before he seems to notice and goes back to his normal smiling self again. He then walks off towards Masters and starts talking to him. As they walk side by side those looking can see Masters nodding then all of a sudden look up wide eyed at Terry. He grabs Terry's arm saying something and Terry curtly nods. As they walk back Terry can be heard saying:

"til after the party...- Terry looks up at Jan talking to Emma and his voice gives a low rumble - Yes, it'll have to wait. "

\"Hehehe So much for basketball...\" Glancing over at Jan discretely so as not to grab her attention, he mutters to himself \"Ah, It's good to be alive!...\" Looking over his shoulder to his fellow Nova's \"Come along genltemen, the rest of the day awaits  ::biggrin \".

- "Who knows... There might be time for more than one kind of game later." ::cool Following Will's look in the ladies' direction, Nathan smiles slyly and adds "And who are you calling 'gentlemen'? I have no plans of being gentle, no matter what game we end up playing...." ::devil

During the conversation Nate's been pretty quiet, letting the other guys make all the jokes. Whether that is due to trouble getting his jaw back in place or something else is hard to tell. He's open and polite when shaking hands with John Fabry and Janet, but gets a bit embarassed when asked about his name. He definitely prefers Nathan to Blaze, at least in a social setting like this one.

Seeing Terry and Masters return, he says "Well? Off to the pool party, is it? Or did you have something else planned for us?"

When Jan and Emma return he smiles at them both. Turning to Emma he asks "What do you say? You want to take the really scenic route to his house? ::wink Shouldn't be too hard to catch up with him..."

Terry's stares absent-mindedly towards Jan and Emma when:

Seeing Terry and Masters return, he says \"Well? Off to the pool party, is it? Or did you have something else planned for us?\"

"Mmm? Oh...yes, the party. Should we be leaving then? No I have nothing else planned but Nathan?...try to be somewhere I can find you after the party. We need to talk. Nothing truly urgent, lets just go have some fun..."

... but Nathan?...try to be somewhere I can find you after the party. We need to talk. Nothing truly urgent, lets just go have some fun...\"

Smiling, Nathan says "Sure. I've never been good at being hard to find, anyway..." ::biggrin

(OOC: Prof, I'm trying not to make any popsicle jokes, but you gotta meet me halfway here    ).

[Hey, don't blame me - I get it, really I do - Jan's just got that sort of a character! ::wink ... Schitzo-ST moment ::wacko ...]

Glancing over at Jan discretely so as not to grab her attention, he mutters to himself \"Ah, It's good to be alive!...\"

Jan looks up at the comment (no matter how discreet...), blows a kiss ::inlove & winks ::wink .

Terry's expression turns grave for an instant before he seems to notice and goes back to his normal smiling self again. He then walks off towards Masters and starts talking to him. As they walk side by side those looking can see Masters nodding then all of a sudden look up wide eyed at Terry. He grabs Terry's arm saying something and Terry curtly nods.

Jan also looks over at Terry & Masters at that point, giving a quick worried look at Emma, before (like Terry) her usual smile returns... ::smile

As they walk back Terry can be heard saying:

\"til after the party...- Terry looks up at Jan talking to Emma and his voice gives a low rumble - Yes, it'll have to wait. \"

Masters smiles (in a confidant & reassuring manner) as he addresses the group,

\"Sorry gentlemen, ladies, some... business... has been brought to my attention. I'll see you all at John's house later.\", he turns to go, then pauses & addresses Nate directly, \"Nathan - remember that you're on duty, ok?\", before heading off towards a waiting helicopter a little way away from the movie set.

Turning to Emma he asks \"What do you say? You want to take the really scenic route to his house?  Shouldn't be too hard to catch up with him...\"

Emma looks undecided & a little embarrassed ::blush at Nate's offer, then Jan whispers something in her ear, & she grins ::bigsmile & replies,

"Thankyou, Nathan - I guess a girl shouldn't refuse an offer to sweep her off her feet...", Emma & Jan then share another naughty giggle (Emma's eyes flashing over to Terry for a brief moment), before Emma heads to join Nate.

Jan watches the couple for a moment, then says to the remaining crowd,

"Well, boys, I'm off to shower & change before the party, so it looks like you've got a few hours free to waste in Hollywood by yourselves", she turns & heads towards a large trailer parked nearby (the set is actually located quite a way out of the city), but calls over her shoulder as she goes, "Unless anyone wants to scrub my back?" - she doesn't stop & it's hard to tell if she's kidding or not ::sly ::blush ::confused ...

Jan looks up at the comment (no matter how discreet...), blows a kiss  & winks  .

::smile Will can't help but smile, not at all embarrassed by her noticing.

Masters smiles (in a confidant & reassuring manner) as he addresses the group,

\"Sorry gentlemen, ladies, some... business... has been brought to my attention. I'll see you all at John's house later.\", he turns to go, then pauses & addresses Nate directly, \"Nathan - remember that you're on duty, ok?\", before heading off towards a waiting helicopter a little way away from the movie set.

Leaning over to Nathan \"You gonna need any help?\"

\"Well, boys, I'm off to shower & change before the party, so it looks like you've got a few hours free to waste in Hollywood by yourselves\", she turns & heads towards a large trailer parked nearby (the set is actually located quite a way out of the city), but calls over her shoulder as she goes, \"Unless anyone wants to scrub my back?\" - she doesn't stop & it's hard to tell if she's kidding or not    ...

Will winces, turns and starts to walk shaking his head with a chuckle ::laugh "Yep, so verry good to be alive! Looking over to the other Nova's "I didn't pack all that much stuff I think I'll go shopping, anyone wanna come with?"

[Hey, don't blame me - I get it, really I do - Jan's just got that sort of a character!  ... Schitzo-ST moment  ...]

OOC: ::rolleyes Okay fine, but John's a teenager. From now on, he's returning fire.

\"I didn't pack all that much stuff I think I'll go shopping, anyone wanna come with?\"

John shrugs. "Sure, nothing better to do."

\"I didn't pack all that much stuff I think I'll go shopping, anyone wanna come with?\" 

Derek perks up at the offer:

"Sounds like a plan. I've got all this cash from the new job, and I've never really had money to spend, if you catch my drift." ::cool

Derek perks up at the offer:

\"Sounds like a plan. I've got all this cash from the new job, and I've never really had money to spend, if you catch my drift.\" 

"Hehe you'll get used to it ::bigsmile " Will looks around then says "I'll get us a cab, ahh... maybe two." Pulling out his mobile phone, and turning it on (closed sets frown on phones I think) and calls a cab company "Nate, Emma you coming too?"

\"Nathan - remember that you're on duty, ok?\"

- \"Yeah, yeah... ::rolleyes Don't worry about it, boss. I'm a responsible guy, remember..? ::cool \"

\"Nate, Emma you coming too?\"

- "Nah. Like I said, we'll do some sightseeing first..." As Emma comes over to him, Nate puts his arms around her and lifts them both slowly up in the air. Smiling, he turns back to Will, saying "And besides... I think the last thing we need is you guys helping Emma pick out a swimsuit! ::wink See you later!"

That said, the two of them shoot off towards the city, looking for Fabry's car on the way. A shiny black camaro shouldn't be too hard to find, or catch up with for that matter... ::tongue

After a few minutes in the air they find the car and follow it at about 300', low enough to keep an eye on it and high enough to get a good view of the city.

- "You doing ok, Emma? By the way: You do have a swimsuit, don't you?"

(ooc: How fast can you fly? Wanna race? ::sly )

Cruising down the freeway at about 80mph, oblivious to the couple above him, John flips open his cellphone.

"Kenny, how you doing? Me? Fine...listen, I'm throwing a party tonight at the house...yes, another one. Feel free to swing by. Yes, Janet will be there....of course you're in her league! ::rolleyes Anyways, give me a call if you're gonna show. And if you've got any new info, let me know, ok? Later, buddy."

A troubled look on his face, John taps his chin with the phone before opening it to make another call..."Roger, my man, I need some catering...what kind of food this time? Huh...I'm thinking Caribbean, yeah? Dessert? Nah, I'll handle that. *sigh* Yes, Roger, I know you're a better cook than I am. That's why I hired you. Can you have the food there by 8 o'clock?" Holding the phone away from his ear, he winces at the volume(and language) of the caterer... "Look, I'll double your normal fee! Okay, okay. No more parties this week...oh, and Roger? I''l have around eight or nine guests...they're all Novas. Didn't I mention that? ::laugh Ciao!"

Snapping the phone shut, he laughs to himself. "I never get tired of that... Oh, there's my exit." Signaling, he switches lanes just in time, heading north towards a cluster of very large estates on hills overlooking the beaches below.

\"And besides... I think the last thing we need is you guys helping Emma pick out a swimsuit!  See you later!\"

"Hahaha It's not like that... ::sly am I that transparent?" Will waves the two goodbye ::laugh "Enjoy yourselves, if you need anything give me a call you have my number!"

\"You doing ok, Emma? By the way: You do have a swimsuit, don't you?\"

Emma holds on tightly, her arms around the back of Nate's neck, her body pressed close, skirts flapping in the breeze, but with a happy grin ::biggrin on her face as she watches the world from above,

"Well, no, actually", she replies in her rather upper-class accent, leaning in close to Nate's ear so that he can hear her above the wind whistling past, "none of the ones you showed me on all those OpNet sites appeared to cover anything. It was all rather shocking, even to a modern girl like me; I mean, those women might as well have been nude... you know, like all those other sites you showed me... I could never wear something like that, could I? It'd be indecent!" ::blush

Meanwhile, a phone-call & taxi ride later, the other Novas hit the Hollywood shopping scene: They draw a small crowd as they tour (they are Novas after all, some of them pretty distinctive too) - some people ask for autographs or their pictures to be taken together, some asking various questions (some innocent - 'so, like, how do you fly?', some stupid - 'do you guys all wear your underwear on the outside?', some personal - 'is it true you all fire blanks?', etc.), & several ladies (& a few gentlemen ::confused ) offering their phone numbers (mostly to Terry, naturally, but the others get some of his cast-offs... ::smokin ).

[buying anything, or going anywhere, specific?]

Derek is window shopping mainly. Geeks and their need to spend money on *practical* things.... ;)

Other than that, some clothes are probably a good plan. Other than that, unless something leaps out at him, that's about it/

\"Well, no, actually\", she replies in her rather upper-class accent, leaning in close to Nate's ear so that he can hear her above the wind whistling past, \"none of the ones you showed me on all those OpNet sites appeared to cover anything. It was all rather shocking, even to a modern girl like me; I mean, those women might as well have been nude... you know, like all those other sites you showed me... I could never wear something like that, could I? It'd be indecent!\" ::blush

- "I'm afraid that's the way it is, baby... You gotta move with the times, you know...." ::wink Nathan can't help laughing a bit when the image of Emma in a 1920's full body bathing suit comes to mind. Smiling he turns his head to look at her over his shoulder: "Well, even if i bet the guys wouldn't mind, I don't think going nude is an option, so we gotta get you something. What do you want? A pyjamas? A 50's bikini? ::tongue Remember, swimming shorts for guys aren't exactly huge these days, either..."

As they speak, Nate breaks off from the highway and follows the camaro into the estate neighbourhood. Once they see the car park, he flies off towards the city again. Bob knows where they'll find a swimsuit Emma will be comfortable in, but he's gonna try, anyway.

\"Well, even if i bet the guys wouldn't mind, I don't think going nude is an option, so we gotta get you something. What do you want? A pyjamas? A 50's bikini?  Remember, swimming shorts for guys aren't exactly huge these days, either...\"

"This is all so new to me still", replies Emma, actually sounding quite serious, "You better pick something out for me, Nathan; if you would - I wouldn't want to appear foolish."

Archived