Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero

ProfPotts

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alex leaps off the Skymaster, attempting to sky-dive on an intercept course with the pair as they fall past. His performance is masterful, those who don't know better would presume he's a professional sky-diver, even though he's never done this before. He soon realizes, however, that he'll not have time to close the gap between him & Nefertiti before they both impact on the ground below, rushing up to meet them (in something closer to 10 seconds than the 3-4 he estimated, but still pretty quick!).

Alex thinks, *This is easy ::hehe , fun even, but it is taking longer than I thought. D=1/2AT^2 => ... oh right, meters, not feet. I converted the wrong way.* Alex transforms ::ninja . He continues falling at the same rate. *I still think that the math implies that my gravimetric polarity should be reversed. Dark matter should oppose gravity. For that matter, conservation of momentum implies that I should slow down after this transformation. My mass when up a lot, why didn't I slow down*?

Nefertiti seeming quite calm, stretching out vertically, legs together & arms out to the side as gravity accelerates [her] downwards...

Alex thinks, *I don't see how she could know I'm up here. This might actually work. I'm still not happy. I'm about to drop on top of a city destroying nova, aka Pax, pretty much without backup, and I'm not even getting paid for this. Ethically, financially, socially, & practically this seems like such a bad idea. ::crazy I just don't see any better ones. ::Sigh::. At least this can't get any worse.*

As the distance between the black & gold Novas increases, small sparks of fire start to re-kindle over Nefertiti's body & hair.
*Oh wonderful*! ::nervous

Meanwhile......

Elsewhere, Derek is keeping quite busy, directing barrels being moved, lengths of pipe to be sealed and connected.

Almost all of the people around him are wearing heavy gloves, and the occasional sound of boiling liquid can be heard whenever a seal isn't *just right*, as the odd drop hits the ground.

A contraption of sorts is beginning to take shape.....

"YEEEEEHAAAAAWWW!!!!! ::laugh ... ahem ::lookaround ... ahh, sorry couldn't resist, this is great! ::bigsmile " William is loving the flight, the transformations, the ecitement! Nothing seems real tonight for him, it's like those daydream sessions he used to have in school when the world seemed too borring and lifeless... William was only hoping this dream didn't end!

No longer influenced by Terry's manipulations Nullifier is again gripped by the natural forces of gravity. His skintight black outfit ripples & flexes around him, & soon a huge pair of bat-like wings form from his shoulders, guiding his fall back towards Nefertiti, then folding against his back creating a streamlined form as he angles towards her & tries to catch up. As he nears her, the flames over her body die down again. His outfit continues to change, becoming a dark brownish-red in hue, & sprouting small bone-like spikes across his head, shoulders, & the backs of his arms giving him a decidedly demonic appearance. ::devil

Meanwhile, taking his turn under the influence of Terry's power, Alex rapidly starts to intercept the other falling Novas. As he transforms, becoming a behemoth of roiling Dark Matter, the "nudge" by Terry is reduced greatly, but by now, combined with his own sky-diving antics, he swoops within reach of Nefertiti & Nullifier. [At this point the trio are rounghly 800-odd feet from the ground, & will impact within the next 4 to 5 seconds.]

As both Nullifier & Alex close in on her, Nefertiti laughs (almost as if this was as much fun for her as it was for young William!). Just as Alex is about to reach her she twists in the air with lightning speed, slowing her descent just enough to get inside the giant's reach, grasps him with an iron grip, & (in a move that defies the laws of physics), hurls him at the ground! The crowd that had gathered in the streets below scatter as the dark meteorite impacts with incredible force, smashing hard into the road & sidewalk, sending a wave of debris hurtling outwards from the meter deep crater that results ::nervous ! The rain of debris & cloud of dust is accompanied by a spray of water from a burst main, a shower of glass from shattered windows, & the cacophanous noise of multiple car alarms going off.

Moments later Alex's dark form can be seen as a silhouette rising to it's feet in the dust clouded crater. Seconds later the golden form of Nefertiti impacts some ten meters away, the sidewalk cracking less severly as she lands in an almost feral crouch, her radiant glow now blocked from most of the city by the buildings that surround her. Nullifier also lands, leathery wings spreading wide at the last moment to slow his speed enough that, although hard, his arrival doesn't herald the damage to public property that those of the other two did.

With Nathan & Will flying close overhead, the Novas face each other across the battlefield of the streets...

Seemingly uninjured, Alex closes with the solar goddess and tries to grab her.

At the same time he yells, "Null! Stay out of her reach, if she takes you out this is all over."

He thinks, *Smart lady. She threw me down to throw herself up, breaking her fall. Still, if she needed to then she might not be invulnerable.*

\"YEEEEEHAAAAAWWW!!!!!  ... ahem  ... ahh, sorry couldn't resist, this is great!  \"
::cool ::biggrin

- \"I know. What's the point of having superpowers if you can't fly, eh..? ::wink \"

Diving from the Skymaster, Nathan moves quick enough to reach streetlevel just a few seconds after Nefertiti hits the ground. Dropping Will off at a corner, he flies towards the golden woman just as Alex moves in on her.

Seemingly uninjured, Alex closes with the solar goddess and tries to grab her.

Hoping to distract her a bit, and give Alex as much of an edge as possible, Nathan feels the glow pulse more rapidly. His hands start glowing brighter, becoming white hot as he extends them both toward miss Egypt. Moments later a bolt of burning, white-hot plasma shoots out from his hands...

Hoping to distract her a bit, and give Alex as much of an edge as possible, Nathan feels the glow pulse more rapidly. His hands start glowing brighter, becoming white hot as he extends them both toward miss Egypt. Moments later a bolt of burning, white-hot plasma shoots out from his hands...

The twin plasma bolts shoot past Alex & impact on Nefertiti. She laughs loud as the super-heated gas caresses her golden form, smiling at Nathan as if he was a child just taking it's first steps, & she a proud parent ::bigsmile .

Much faster than Alex, Nefertiti steps over to a nearby silver saloon car (one of those with it's alarm screeching & it's lights flashing), grabs it, & swings it hard, just as the Dark Matter giant charges within reach. The automobile is destroyed in a spectacular explosion of torn metal & engine parts as it's smashed over Alex's dark form, but he barely seems to notice, instead continuing his attempt to grab the golden Nova that wielded it. She seems a little surprised that he managed to follow-through on his attack, as he lifts her in a crushing bear-hug, the vicious spikes lining his body cruelly biting into her, causing her to scream in pain. The watching crowd of baselines move further back, & those Novas present feel a shudder of guilt in their guts that such a beautiful, regal, figure should be made to suffer so horribly... ::smiley4

From behind Nefertiti a tendril-like blackish-red tongue shoots from the face of the demonic-Nullifier, wrapping itself around the golden Nova's neck, then pulsing like an obscene vein, as if something was flowing down it from her to him. ::confused

[Meanwhile, on board the Skymaster...]

Masters rejoins the crew & Terry in the rather windswept (thanks to the emergency door being blown) control car. After quickly giving the crew some orders (after which the airship starts to descend sharpely), he approaches the exhausted Nova,

"Well, she's down. I only hope they can subdue her before she gets really mad.", he has a distant, concerned, look in his eyes, but shakes it off as he continues,

"Thanks for all your help, Terry. I thought you might like to know that I've had a report that the Atenist you attacked in the vault, the Arabic gentleman, is still alive. Aparantly your assault did him some internal damage, & obviously caused him to pass-out, but he actually suffered more when Nefertiti woke up. Still, the medics think he'll live, despite the burns."

\"Thanks for all your help, Terry. I thought you might like to know that I've had a report that the Atenist you attacked in the vault, the Arabic gentleman, is still alive. Aparantly your assault did him some internal damage, & obviously caused him to pass-out, but he actually suffered more when Nefertiti woke up. Still, the medics think he'll live, despite the burns.\"

Terry's eyes widen in obvious surprise

"Really!! That's great news! I was holding myself back...but that was the first time I'd used my powers on a live subject. I was sort of hoping he'd be a Nova considering his entourage, able to pack a punch. I thought I'd be able to interrupt the "ritual". You don't know how relieved I am to learn he's alive, despite his obvious misgivings, no life should be discarded so recklessly."

Terry limps to a nearby chair and settles down and turns off his earpiece microphone...

"I'm afraid that now I really am in no condition to help anymore...I hope they manage all right down there. Could you broadcast from the airship? Maybe we could plead to Emma to take control, I'd hate to think what'd happen if she actually managed to take Alex out or fly away..."

"Ok... You're down here, now what?" Will says to himself. Seeing what she did with the car, he's feeling alittle vulnerable "Damnit! she'll swat me before I even get close... ::excl Decoy! Hmm... That just might work! Ahhh Maybe..." Looking around for a street bench from a bus stop, or something, if there are none around then he get's desperate and looks around for nearby fire hydrants!

(OOC: Hoping that his climb gave him an indication of his newly aquired strength.)

The twin plasma bolts shoot past Alex & impact on Nefertiti. She laughs loud as the super-heated gas caresses her golden form, smiling at Nathan as if he was a child just taking it's first steps, & she a proud parent ::bigsmile .

- "Oh... my.... dog... ::blink Looks like I'm way out of my league here, guys..."

Nathan pulls away from the immediate vicinity of the two combatants, watching from a distance and trying to come up with a new and brilliant plan. Activating his radio again, he says: "Masters? Seems like there's nothing more i can do down here. She took my best shot and laughed... Any idea of any weak spots we can use, or is it all down to Alex now?"

Much faster than Alex, Nefertiti steps over to a nearby silver saloon car (one of those with it's alarm screeching & it's lights flashing), grabs it, & swings it hard...
Alex thinks, *MISTAKE!!! ::biggrin A car lacks the structural integrity to...*
...The automobile is destroyed in a spectacular explosion of torn metal & engine parts as it's smashed over Alex's dark form, but he barely seems to notice...
*HA! Thought so! Gotcha! Now all I have to do is...*
as he lifts her in a crushing bear-hug, the vicious spikes lining his body cruelly biting into her, causing her to scream in pain. The watching crowd of baselines move further back, & those Novas present feel a shudder of guilt in their guts that such a beautiful, regal, figure should be made to suffer so horribly...
*I’m hurting her. ::smiley4 I thought she would be like the polar bear, but its just like that guy up in the vault who went splat. I... I... don’t think I can do this... ::nervous but I have to... a compromise then.*

OOC: I lose the spikes, but keep the squeeze on. I.e. full strength but not lethal damage.

Looking quickly around, Will rushes to a nearby bus-stop, hefting the bench from the ground with his newfound physical might ::biggrin ! Meanwhile...

... A fraction of a second after Alex retracts his spikes, Nefertiti squirms her perfect body in his monstrous grip, her golden form slipping free out the top of his encircled arms. She deftly clambers up & over the giant, planting a foot firmly on his head, then pushing off in a dramatic leap, to land over fifteen meters away on top of a parked taxi, the roof of the vehicle being crushed somewhat, & the widows shattering as she lands. She easily rips free of Nullifier's "tongue" as she performs the acrobatic feat. Since the taxi rank is next to the bus-stop, Will is a bit surprised ::shocked to find himself face to face with the goddess, as she glances at him from her perch on top the cab. He's close enough to see the few scratches on her otherwise perfect (& apparantly naked ::blush ) polished-gold skin fade as if they were never there...

Noticing Will's distinct crimson glow, Nefertiti narrows her eyes, then in a voice that is a whispered half-hiss, but that can still be made out clearly, says,

"Henemi ah'a weser hefet'ye pen heben'ye neter." ::sly She then looks back towards Alex.

Standing to her full height on the car she calls to Nullifier,

"Nejeri, hyi meri. Heret-abek netef h'uyi?" ::confused

To Alex she declares,

"Nechetek, heben'ye neter. Sachi." ::angry

[The Skymaster]

The radio in the control car crackles to life,

\"Masters? Seems like there's nothing more i can do down here. She took my best shot and laughed... Any idea of any weak spots we can use, or is it all down to Alex now?\"

Taking his leave from terry, Masters heads over to answer,

"Nathan, wasn't it? We're heading down now. I'm afraid I have very little idea of what you can do, so I'm not sure what your best shot is, or how we could improve on it. I don't know any real weaknesses she has. You could always try & slow her down or something."

Removing his finger from the radio's "transmit" button he turns back to Terry & sighs,

"Don't they teach them anything in superhero school these days?" ::wink

[The Masters Building]

Not really wanting to interupt Derek's creative flow, Ash finally comes over to him, lays a gentle hand on his shoulder & points to the sky, indicating that the fire dome is gone, & that the daylight bright glow from Nefertiti appears to have dipped below the level of the buildings some way off in the metropolis.

"They've managed to ground her. It's several blocks from here. Can you finish your adjustments along the way?"

\"They've managed to ground her. It's several blocks from here. Can you finish your adjustments along the way?\" 

Derek looks up, pulled out of his creative reverie by the hand on his shoulder ::blink

"Um..... Sure. I just need to wire up the Turbine. Should only take a couple minutes, seeing as I've got most of it done already."

"By the way..... Who's going to be firing this, as I'll need to show them how to use it? I could, but I'm not really gonna be that accurate....." ::bigsmile

Noticing Will's distinct crimson glow, Nefertiti narrows her eyes, then in a voice that is a whispered half-hiss, but that can still be made out clearly, says,

\"Henemi ah'a weser hefet'ye pen heben'ye neter.\"  ::sly 

"Ahhh? Okay? You don't happen to speak english do you?" William say hoping to stall her.

(OOC: Did her tone seem threatening, when she "half-hissed"?)

Alex thinks, *Stupid. Really ******* stupid. You had her and then you let her get away. If she stops Nullifier that move is going to get you killed.*

To Alex she declares, \"Nechetek, heben'ye neter. Sachi.\"

Alex thinks, *I would imagine that is Arabic for "prepare to die foul creature" or something similar. Now what was her name? Emma? And she was raised English or at least her mom was. The other personality speaks English I'll bet.*

Alex says, "Emma! Emma Nazir! I know you can understand me! If you want to talk about all this lots of people would like to help you. If you want to fight, we can do that too."

Alex strides towards the gold woman, his extra height eating up the ground.

As he strides, the spines grow back. He thinks, *Like she is going to listen to me.*

\"Nejeri, hyi meri. Heret-abek netef h'uyi?\" 

Another tendril forming from his body and whipping out towards her, "Not really, but you've been decieved dear, you don't have all the facts, and until you do it would be uncaring of me to allow you to continue to act with impunity. So unless you decide you're going to come along with us peacefully and hear us out, we must continue to attempt to disable you." ::dontgetit ::unsure ::confused ::dry

[The Masters Building]

\"Um..... Sure. I just need to wire up the Turbine. Should only take a couple minutes, seeing as I've got most of it done already.\"

Ash smiles, then turns & calls a few orders to the surrounding armoured security people, who start to load loose equipment on board the vehicle, before climbing in themselves (where they can fit).

\"By the way..... Who's going to be firing this, as I'll need to show them how to use it? I could, but I'm not really gonna be that accurate.....\" 

Ash turns back to Derek, & ushers him in to the back of the armoured car,

\"We'll... er... work that out a bit closer to the time...\"

The engine guns & the group start to roll...

[The Skymaster]

Terry quickly accesses a dizzying amount of data on Akhenaten, Nefertiti, the Amarna period & related Egyptology - it may take him a while to sort through it though...

[The Street]

(OOC: Did her tone seem threatening, when she \"half-hissed\"?)

[it seemed to Will that her attitude was more conspiritorial than threatening, although her very presence is, well, 'awe-inspiring', & that's pretty intimidating in & of itself]

\"Ahhh? Okay? You don't happen to speak english do you?\" William says hoping to stall her

Nefertiti glances again at the young man close to her, looks confused (& rather annoyed), & gestures towards Alex's approaching form,

\"Nejerek nen nemet? Ah'a pef by'nef neteref!\"

Alex says, \"Emma! Emma Nazir! I know you can understand me! If you want to talk about all this lots of people would like to help you. If you want to fight, we can do that too.\"

Alex strides towards the gold woman, his extra height eating up the ground.

As he strides, the spines grow back.

The golden goddess stands tall with her hands on her hips, & commands,

\"Sekebechek! Nem'tyek!\"

Even though he can't comprehend her words, the Dark giant falters & stops in mid-stride, & the crowd of baselines goes quiet, as if the golden Nova really was a deity, & the rest, Nova & baseline alike, were but dust at her feet.

Another tendril forming from his body and whipping out towards her, \"Not really, but you've been decieved dear, you don't have all the facts, and until you do it would be uncaring of me to allow you to continue to act with impunity. So unless you decide you're going to come along with us peacefully and hear us out, we must continue to attempt to disable you.\"

Nullifier's voice seems small & empty next to that of Nefertiti, but she appears to listen all the same, even as he edges forwards. In a more soothing voice she answers him,

"Netek inek su'aen neteresen."

She steps from the top of the taxi, effortlessly avoiding Nullifier's whipping tendril as she does so, & walks right up to him. In a quiet voice she whispers,

"Seni, Akhenaten."

She steps from the top of the taxi, effortlessly avoiding Nullifier's whipping tendril as she does so, & walks right up to him. In a quiet voice she whispers,

\"Seni, Akhenaten.\"

Looking at her, he cocks his devilish-looking head impishly, "There are thousands of us 'gods' in the world nowadays, some even more powerful than you and I, I'm sure. Some careful planning of our dominion will be in order if we are to surpass them all. With that in mind, what say you and I go someplace quiet to rest up, get properly aquainted, and talk about our plans?" With that, he winks at her and leans in to kiss her. ::wink ::blush ::devilangel

The golden goddess stands tall with her hands on her hips, & commands,

\"Sekebechek! Nem'tyek!\"

Even though he can't comprehend her words, the Dark giant falters & stops in mid-stride, & the crowd of baselines goes quiet, as if the golden Nova really was a deity, & the rest, Nova & baseline alike, were but dust at her feet.

(Mentally) *Of course I'll obey and.... what? Wow, she is good! If she spoke English she would be down right dangerous. Really good looking as well, its a pity she's a nut.*

Hearing the others trying to talk their way out of this, Alex decides to stand back and let them.

Looking at her, he cocks his devilish-looking head impishly, \"There are thousands of us 'gods' in the world nowadays, some even more powerful than you and I, I'm sure. Some careful planning of our dominion will be in order if we are to surpass them all. With that in mind, what say you and I go someplace quiet to rest up, get properly aquainted, and talk about our plans?\" With that, he winks at her and leans in to kiss her.

Nefertiti & Nullifier embrace, & share a long, passionate, kiss ::blush ::wub . Pangs of jealousy are felt by the nearby male Novas, even though they have an idea of how dangerous this woman really is. Eventually the kiss is broken, Nefertiti takes a step back, & smiles at Nullifier. The observant notice that she seems a little fatigued, & he appears less-so than he was moments ago.

"Setepen Aten.", she says softly...

... then, fast as lightning, swings a backhanded slap into Nullifier's face ::blink ! The demonic-looking Nova is lifted off his feet & flung over thirty meters away down the street - the gathered crowd scatters at his approach. His flight is stopped by a jarring impact with a lamppost that leaves the Nova down & battered ::crazy (but not quite out), & the lamppost twisted & bent.

Without pause the golden goddess grabs the nearby Will, hoisting him into the air above her head, with the obvious intent of hurling him at the prone Nullifier! At this point Will's contemplation of Nefertiti's beauty & awe takes a back seat to more pressing matters... ::nervous

Elsewhere: Terry sorts through the wealth of information he's downloaded, Masters looking over his shoulder (& 'helpfully' pointing out that Tutankhamun - origonally Tutankhaten - is thought to have been the son of Akhenaten & one of his lesser wives, Lady Kiya, & was used by the priesthood as an instrument to remove all traces of the 'Amarnan heresy' associated with Akhenaten, Nefertiti, & their beliefs about the Aten. He also married Akhenaten & Nefertiti's daughter, the Princess Ankhesenamun - know as Ankhesenpaaten to her parents. As such, anything to do with the boy king would likely just annoy 'Nefertiti'... ::wink ).

Elsewhere still: Derek & friends speed through the night traffic (much of it at a standstill due to the unusual events going on), frantically trying to adjust his jury-rigged contraption... ::confused

... then, fast as lightning, swings a backhanded slap into Nullifier's face ::blink ! The demonic-looking Nova is lifted off his feet & flung over thirty meters away down the street - the gathered crowd scatters at his approach. His flight is stopped by a jarring impact with a lamppost that leaves the Nova down & battered  ::crazy (but not quite out), & the lamppost twisted & bent.

Without pause the golden goddess grabs the nearby Will, hoisting him into the air above her head, with the obvious intent of hurling him at the prone Nullifier! At this point Will's contemplation of Nefertiti's beauty & awe takes a back seat to more pressing matters... ::nervous

*Let's try this again,* Alex thinks as he tries to grab the insane golden goddess.

Without pause the golden goddess grabs the nearby Will, hoisting him into the air above her head, with the obvious intent of hurling him at the prone Nullifier! At this point Will's contemplation of Nefertiti's beauty & awe takes a back seat to more pressing matters... 

"WOW!!! ::shocked Holy S***!"

With extraudinary speed Will attemps to strike at her arm in an attemp to breake her hold.

(OOC: activates enhanced movement for the scene)

Will acts fast, feeling his newfound power surging through him - as well as a sudden pressure behind his eyes, as if his brain was ready to explode ::crazy . Even as he tries to fight back the pain, Nefetiti (quicker in action, if not speed, than Will) hurls him with all her might towards where Nullifier is sprawled on the ground...

... Will's glowing form hurtles past the advancing Alex, to smash into Nullifier as he scrambles to get up & out of the way. At the last moment before impact the glow around Will seems to grow more intense, even as the pain in his head becomes almost unbearable ::shocked . Nullifier has just managed to regain his feet when the two impact, & continue back to smash into the wall behind, sending concrete chips & dust flying everywhere. Although again knocked down, Nullifier is thankful that his trusty eufiber once again protected him from harm, whilst Will (somewhere in the back of his mind, beyond the pain) is amazed that he wasn't damaged - he didn't even seem to really touch Nullifier at the moment of impact, almost as if the 'glow' stopped him ::wink .

Alex rushes forward, trying to ignore the sounds of the crashing impact behind him, & again reaches for Nefertiti. This time the golden Nova is ready for his tactic, smoothly following through after her throw to duck under the giant's grasp, grab him firmly around the waist herself, & hoist him bodily into the air! With a loud cry of effort the goddess throws the dark behemoth - he arcs over the nearby buildings to land heavily several streets away - his impact smashing yet another hole in the city's roads & causing no less thah three motorists to swerve & skid to a halt (one, an elderly lady, even gives the dark Nova 'the finger' ::angry ).

Nefertiti stands proud in the street, her enemies scattered around her. However, those close enough notice her start to sway slightly, then she drops to one knee. The golden colour starts to fade from her body & hair, reverting to dusky skin & dark tresses... she seems exhausted, on the point of collapse ::sleep . Then, with a look of firm resolve, she grits her teeth, the word, "Ne!" escaping from her lips, her golden hue returns, & she again rises to her feet defiantly. With a stern look towards where Will & Nullifier are themselves getting untangled & to their respective feet, she strides over to a nearby lamppost, grips it in both hands, & snaps it off (a small shower of sparks sprays out as she does so). Thus armed, she turns again to the two Novas & starts to slowly advance... ::angry

Moving just a little too slow to catch Alex in the air, Nathan follows his flight to the crashsite a few blocks away. Finding him next to the crashed cars, he gets a good grip on his arm, grits his teeth, and pulls him out of the ground and even higher.

- "I figured you might need a lift, and this seems to be the only way i can contribute to the team here... I think we're.. er... you're wearing her down, but we're not there yet. Prepared to crash her party?"

Clearing the buildings along the street Nefertiti is busy trashing Nathan looks down on the fighting novas, hoping she won't notice him and Alex before she's got six tons of angry darkness crashing down on her.

- "Just say the word, and we'll make another hole in the streets..."

With a stern look towards where Will & Nullifier are themselves getting untangled & to their respective feet, she strides over to a nearby lamppost, grips it in both hands, & snaps it off (a small shower of sparks sprays out as she does so). Thus armed, she turns again to the two Novas & starts to slowly advance... 

"I guess 'bring it on b!tch' is apropriate." ::sneaky

Will sets himself in a defensive stance and prepaires to dodge the comming attack/s, as he waits for an openning to strike the insane Nefetiti.

Beads of sweat starting to drip from his forehead, Nathan holds on to Alex's arm untill they're as directly above Miss Egypt as he gets, then leaves the rest to the giant skydiver.

- "Give her one from me, OK? Bombs away....!

With those words, Alex is falling freely down on top of the golden woman.

Nathan swoops away after Alex as Nefertiti stalks her prey. Nullifier & Will both regain their footing as the golden Nova approaches.

Will steps a little forward, fighting the throbbing pain in his head, & focusing on the many years of martial arts training he's recieved. At first a little unsteady on his feet, he manages to focus, & sweeps his arms & legs into a solid defensive stance - motes of concrete dust scatter from his body as he does so, the red glow around him seeming to form a translucent, undulating layer covering his body. His eyes narrow as he faces Nefertiti with the immortal words,

\"I guess 'bring it on b!tch' is apropriate.\"

Not breaking her stride, Nefertiti swings her makeshift club at both her opponents. Still battling the pain in his head, Will manages to tumble over the swinging pole at the last moment, rolling a little across the street before smoothly regaining his feet. Nullifier isn't as quick, & gets smashed broadside by the huge weapon (which splinters on impact). The force of the blow is so great that he's smashed bodily through the concrete wall behind him to end up unconcious ::wacko & crumpled in a heap amongst smashed office furniture & a slow rain of paper from distrurbed files. His eufiber costume shifts around his comatose form, warping & shaping into a mass of projecting metallic spikes from every part of his body.

Although she still appears near to exhaustion, Nefertiti manages a broad grin ::biggrin as flames flicker to life across her golden body & hair. She hurls away the rapidly melting stump of lamppost still in her hands & again begins to rise into the air...

... then looks up as the the words:

\"Give her one from me, OK? Bombs away....!\"

... can be heard, & Alex's huge dark form begins it's quick (& short) descent towards her. The flames surrounding the golden Nova flare white-hot for a moment, as she dives up & away past the giant (who, this time, lands on his feet - although he still makes one heck of a mark in the road). She turns in the air as she climbs, pausing at about five or six floors high to look back towards where Alex is now standing. She stretches out a hand, & a stream of white-hot fire engulfs the dark giant & the road around him - the light so bright as to cause onlookers to avert their eyes, the heat so intense that they recoil, & the glass in the windows the blast travels past shatters & melts! The fire-stream fades & people eyes adjust - all that can be seen is a steam-filled blackened crater surrounded by melted tarmac...

Meanwhile, the Skymaster has descended as far as it can between the city's buildings & is now maybe 50 meters above the flaming golden goddess - giving Masters, Terry, & the crew a grandstand view of Nefertiti's actions. Images of Egyptian scenes - pyramids, tombs, temples, statues, etc. start to flick, seemingly at random, across the skin of the mighty vessel.

From the end of the block there is the squeal of burning rubber, & the crowd scatter as the armoured truck carrying Derek, Ash, a few of Masters' men, & Derek's 'whatchamacallit' cold-thingy careers down the road. The vehicle skids to a sudden stop, leaving a semi-circle of black tire-marks on the road as it spins to come to rest with it's rear doors facing in the rough direction of the action. The doors burst open to reveal a jumbled mass of pipes, barrels, & air-compressors, with the occupants behind.

Inside the armoured car Ash turns to Derek, & interupts his 'last minute adjustments' to point out that they've stopped. Standing to peer out & up she calls back to the Nova inventor,

"I think you're up, Derek."

His eyes recovering from the heat and brightness of the blast Nathan finds himself slowly drifting away from Nefertiti, hoping she won't notice him too much. He activates his radio again.

- "Guys... we are so dead... She just totally wasted Alex, and I think the other guys on the ground are out cold too. Do we have a plan B? Or is it time to call the big guys? How about that cannon of yours, Masters?"

If Nefertiti turns her attention to him, Nathan will have to gamble everything on being able to dodge her attack, but he'll be a good boy as long as she looks like she doesn't intend to kill him right away.

Alex's huge dark form begins it's quick (& short) descent towards her. The flames surrounding the golden Nova flare white-hot for a moment, as she dives up & away past the giant (who, this time, lands on his feet - although he still makes one heck of a mark in the road). She turns in the air as she climbs, pausing at about five or six floors high to look back towards where Alex is now standing. She stretches out a hand, ...

*Uh oh*, Alex thinks. ::unsure

& a stream of white-hot fire engulfs the dark giant & the road around him - the light so bright as to cause onlookers to avert their eyes, the heat so intense that they recoil, & the glass in the windows the blast travels past shatters & melts! The fire-stream fades & people eyes adjust - all that can be seen is a steam-filled blackened crater surrounded by melted tarmac...

Unseen from outside the crater, a dark form shifts. Then a hand appears on the far edge of the crater, quickly followed by the rest of Alex! ::shocked His body awash with the heat he barely feels, he pulls himself out of the pit and rises to his feet. Molten tar and stone stream off of him, it almost looks like he just got out of a hot tub. ::cool

*Well that could have gone better*, Alex thinks to himself. Normally Alex is very even tempered, but this is starting to push it. ::angry

Looking around, Alex spies and then grabs the nearest large, empty, SUV (or truck). He intends to throw it as hard as he can at the golden "goddess".

(OOC: Hopefully as an Area Effect Attack.)

\"I think you're up, Derek.\"

::blink

"Damn... Ok, Ok...... Just need to check......."

Derek quickly rummages about, aware of the danger of the situation, but still working frantically on the machine to get it "finished".

"Ok, we're all good here."

Derek looks around.

"Right, so. Who's gonna be firing this thing, there's a couple things I gotta show ya first?"

There's a bit of a pause, as none of the men rush forward, obviously apprehensive of the machine.

"um....."

"......."

"Fine then......"

Derek turns to Ash

"Ash, can you get the driver to get me close to that woman? I have a rough idea of the range of this thing, but I'd rather overshoot than under. At least if it's pumping out too fast, I can adjust my aim....."

He turns around, checks the scene.

"wow....... The guys really have had a bit of a battle, eh?"

Surveys the scene some more.

"Wait.... She's in the AIR????? Aw, man...... This could get dicey......." ::unsure

He activates his radio again.

- \"Guys... we are so dead... She just totally wasted Alex, and I think the other guys on the ground are out cold too. Do we have a plan B? Or is it time to call the big guys? How about that cannon of yours, Masters?\"

Masters dashes to the open door of the control car &, holding on with one hand, leans out dangerously far to peer down at the fight scene below,

\"Damn it!\", he exclaims as he spys the steaming crater, then, a moment later, a smile breaks out on his face, \"Hold on... it's Alex, he's ok!\"

Pulling himself back to relative safety he adds quietly,

\"Damn that boy's tough.\"

He seems thoughtful for a moment, then adds with some eagerness,

\"If he's not dead that means she's weakening! Keep it up lads!\"

Looking around, Alex spies and then grabs the nearest large, empty, SUV (or truck). He intends to throw it as hard as he can at the golden \"goddess\".
A rumbling voice barrels out of the Skymasters' loudspeakers:

\"Neferneferuaten\"

Terry looks up at masters with a half-convinced look on his face.. 

\"It might be a good idea to charge that cannon...\"

\"Wait.... She's in the AIR????? Aw, man...... This could get dicey.......\"

At the sound of Terry's voice from the airship Nefertiti glances up, a look of confusion on her face ::confused . At that moment the still red-hot Alex hurls the SUV that was rapidly melting in his massive hands, just as Derek sends a steaming stream of freezing liquid into the air. In the airship's control car Masters' gun emits a high-pitched whine as he again leans out of the door & takes aim...

Almost as one the freezing spray, crimson laser, & hurled vehicle impact the golden goddess. A huge cloud of steam masks much of the attacks' results, as the freezing liquid from Derek's 'weapon' hits Nefertiti's flaming form, although a scream can be heard over the noise of the attacks ::smiley4 . Two forms are flung from the steam cloud, one the crumpled remains of the SUV (now falling towards the watching crowd ::nervous ), the other the beautiful golden Nova who smashes to the ground several blocks away...

Two forms are flung from the steam cloud, one the crumpled remains of the SUV (now falling towards the watching crowd ::nervous ), the other the beautiful golden Nova who smashes  to the ground several blocks away...

And in a flash, Nathan is there... redirecting the carwreck away from the bystanders. Since he can't exactly catch it, he simply gives it a quick push in the right direction, sending it crashing into the already thrashed street.

Having (hopefully) settled that matter, he follows the golden woman as fast as possible, ready to report if she's still alive or not.

Almost as one the freezing spray, crimson laser, & hurled vehicle impact the golden goddess. A huge cloud of steam masks much of the attacks' results, as the freezing liquid from Derek's 'weapon' hits Nefertiti's flaming form, although a scream can be heard over the noise of the attacks ::smiley4 . Two forms are flung from the steam cloud, one the crumpled remains of the SUV (now falling towards the watching crowd ::nervous ),...

\"NO!\" A horrified Alex yells. ::shocked

And in a flash, Nathan is there... redirecting the carwreck away from the bystanders. Since he can't exactly catch it, he simply gives it a quick push in the right direction, sending it crashing into the already thrashed street.

*Whew*, Alex thinks. *Good move Nathan, I need to watch that in the future. If I have a future. From the way that car melted when I touched it, I'm \"red\" hot. God knows what will happen when I turn human. Maybe I'd better smash a water main and cool off.*

...the other the beautiful golden Nova who smashes  to the ground several blocks away...

*Or maybe I should wait till I'm next to her and cool both of us down.*

Keeping to the road and away from baselines (who cringe at the heat of the super hot giant ::devil ), Alex sprints in that direction ::teleport , leaving steaming foot prints. As he runs, he intends to mentally note all fire hydrants and the like.

Flying at full tilt Nathan slams the SUV as hard as he can, giving his own shoulder a painful wrench in the process, but managing to re-direct it enough that it lands in front of the startled crowd (rather than on them). One by one the crowd start to cheer ::bigsmile ::thumbsup ! [Nathan takes a level of Bashing damage].

After taking a moment to recover from his impact with the automobile, the flying Nova shoots off towards where Nefertiti landed. As he does so the light the goddess was generating fades, plunging the city back into it's more normal night-time of artificially lit twilight. In the battered street where the fight took place there are few lights still working, but the red glow from Will is enough for those present to see by. The rapidly cooling Alex follows the flying figure at a more sedate pace, although his size alone means he moves pretty quickly via massive strides - onlookers scatter & run as he approaches, some even screaming in fear! ::shocked

Nathan arrives on the scene of Nefertiti's 'landing' first, noticing immediately the large hole her impact has created in the wall of a department store. A small crowd has stopped to stare at the rubble, broken glass, & strewn clothing from a destroyed window display. As Nathan appears overhead one glances up & notices him, then shouts & points, & soon they are all waving ::smiley5 , calling, taking photos or making rapid 'phone calls. From his vantage point Nathan can see what appears to be the body of a naked ::blush woman in the rubble, not a golden woman but rather a dusky skinned, dark haired, good-looking female who seems to be in her mid-twenties. As he watches she stirs & tries to sit up, fragments of concrete, glass, & clothes falling off her...

Meanwhile, in the back of the armoured car, Ash puts a hand on Derek's shoulder, saying quietly,

"I think you got her..."

In the Skymaster Masters is on his 'phone,

"Kane? Report - what's her status? Are you still tracking her?"

Then turns to Terry (as well as transmits through the radio links),

"She's down. Nathan's on the scene & Alex is rampaging in that direction too."

To the pilot he says,

"Takes us over there."

As the scene on the street calms down somewhat, the pain in Will's head increases to unbearable levels, causing him to collapse to his knees clutching his temples, even as the crimson glow surrounding him intensifies ::smiley4 ...

Archived