Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero

ProfPotts

Thinking quickly, John responds. \"Let's just say I'm here to protect Fabry. Call me The Stranger.\" His eyes flicking to the remaining clone, he asks, \"Would you be willing to take care of that last one? There are people upstairs in need of medical attention. I can help them, but I need your help to clear the way.\"

(Assuming that Glacier will take out the critter, The Stranger will then turn to the cellar wall, and open a secret panel that contains a security keypad.)

Glacier grins at the intruder's rather pathetic excuse, but sees the creature beginning to move. He backhands it as hard as he can, hopefully sending it into a wall. After dealing with it, he turns back to the Stranger, who is using a secret panel in the wall for some purpose.

"Not so fast. I'm supposed to believe that? How did you know he was in danger? And what makes you think that the others can't handle themselves?"

He pauses to think about that last for a second, then looks alarmed.

"When I get back, you'd better not be here." He turns tail and runs back up to the dining room to survey the carnage and help out whoever he can.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Glacier is out of sight, John quickly taps in the keycode. A section of the cellar wall slides up into the ceiling, revealing a large secret room. Rushing inside, the Stranger swiftly gathers a variety of medical equipment, along with the rest of his costume. Stepping back into the wine cellar, he presses another set of keys, and the door closes, presenting a now ordinary looking wall. *That was a lame excuse. Well, up to him to let it slide or not. Either way, I've got people to help. I'll worry about it later.* A small sigh of exasperation escapes him as he puts on his mask and LBE harness, then grabs the medical bag and sprints back upstairs.

[Wow - The Stranger & Glacier are off in a little world of their own... Enough with the whole "We beat the bad guys - then, after breakfast..." routine! ::sly It makes it really hard for me to maintain story flow...]

In the Wine Cellar:

His eyes flicking to the remaining clone, he asks, \"Would you be willing to take care of that last one? There are people upstairs in need of medical attention. I can help them, but I need your help to clear the way.\"

The 'clone' laughs, hissing,

\"They are beyond help if we have infected them - we are Virusss!\"

Glacier grins at the intruder's rather pathetic excuse, but sees the creature beginning to move. He backhands it as hard as he can, hopefully sending it into a wall.

Now aware that Glacier is actually trying to hurt it, the 'clone' easily avoids the glowing bear's unprovoked attack, dodging & twisting out of the way, before vanishing into the shadows of the wine cellar - it's chameleon skin hiding it well.

After 'dealing' with it, he turns back to the Stranger, who is using a secret panel in the wall for some purpose.

\"Not so fast. I'm supposed to believe that? How did you know he was in danger? And what makes you think that the others can't handle themselves?\"

He pauses to think about that last for a second, then looks alarmed.

\"When I get back, you'd better not be here.\" He turns tail and runs back up to the dining room to survey the carnage and help out whoever he can.

After Glacier is out of sight, John quickly taps in the keycode. A section of the cellar wall slides up into the ceiling, revealing a large secret room. Rushing inside, the Stranger swiftly gathers a variety of medical equipment, along with the rest of his costume. Stepping back into the wine cellar, he presses another set of keys, and the door closes, presenting a now ordinary looking wall. *That was a lame excuse. Well, up to him to let it slide or not. Either way, I've got people to help. I'll worry about it later.* A small sigh of exasperation escapes him as he puts on his mask and LBE harness, then grabs the medical bag and sprints back upstairs.

As the two Novas sprint off, one after the other, a quiet voice from the shadows whispers,

\"Interesssting...\"

Upstairs:

Hoping that display stunned the others just a little, Blaze blasts two of them just a second later.

The other creatures appear less 'stunned', & more prone to avoid Blaze's plasma blasts (& who could blame them?..) - the firey bolts both fly wide of their marks as their targets flex, squirm, & scuttle out of the way.

Staring the last one (hopefully) down, he says over his shoulder. \"Emma? Ash? How are we doing? Anyone seriously hurt?\"

\"Masters & Fabry's staff are bad - it looks like they're suffering from a disease - but I'm no doctor!\", yells Ash in response.

\"We've got to help them!\", adds Emma.

Looking out through the perforated walls he adds in a louder voice \"WILL? How are you doing out there?\"

The remaining creature grabs a nearby metal tray (scattered to the floor during the battle), & flings it 'frizby'-style at Blaze's throat with uncanny accuracy. Luckily Blaze's protective plasma field holds & the tray rebounds off (now melted). Unluckily the shot succeeds in it's true intent, & sends the severely weakened Blaze flying into the back wall of the room, narrowly missing where Ash & Emma are trying to help Masters, & sending the furniture barracade up in a plume of flames! The ladies (& cat) do their best to get away from the inferno they find themselves in... ::devil

Will replies while sidestepping another attack \"Could use a hand, my sister could scratch them up with more force than I can right now!\"

The creatures opposing him laugh at his comment, as one manages to land a punch on the crimson streak. His own protective field reduces the blow to a mere glancing one [he's Bruised], but, like Blaze, his weakened state means the punch sends him flying - smashing right into the pool of beer bottles! ::beer

Will replies while sidestepping another attack \"Could use a hand, my sister could scratch them up with more force than I can right now!\" 

The creatures opposing him laugh at his comment, as one manages to land a punch on the crimson streak. His own protective field reduces the blow to a mere glancing one [he's Bruised], but, like Blaze, his weakened state means the punch sends him flying - smashing right into the pool of beer bottles! 

"Son of a..." ::angry Will attempt to get out to resume his 'dance' with the clones.

(OOC: 3xp and let's see if they laugh, sorry just ranting.)

Hearing the destructive sounds and screams for help coming from the dining room, The Stranger stops behind one of the doors, unholstering both of his pistols. Sneaking a quick peek inside, he surveys the room, trying to locate the enemy. Seeing the other Novas battling, he leans around the door, taking careful aim at Virus' head.

(OOC: Using Stealth to hopefully go unnoticed while aiming, then squeezing off a headshot at Virus. MegaDex to reduce difficulty.)

The remaining creature grabs a nearby metal tray (scattered to the floor during the battle), & flings it 'frizby'-style at Blaze's throat with uncanny accuracy. Luckily Blaze's protective plasma field holds & the tray rebounds off (now melted). Unluckily the shot succeeds in it's true intent, & sends the severely weakened Blaze flying into the back wall of the room, narrowly missing where Ash & Emma are trying to help Masters, & sending the furniture barracade up in a plume of flames! The ladies (& cat) do their best to get away from the inferno they find themselves in... ::devil

Stopping his unvoluntary flight before he sets fire to too much of the house, Blaze swears under his breath and dives into the fray again. Realizing that he can't help the ladies directly right now, he decides to try and pick the bad guys off one by one. Aiming at the frisbee thrower he lets the plasma fly again (half force).

Into the midst of the pandemonium, a figure covered completely with eufiber steps into the room. The eufiber is covered in swirls of blue and black that appear to be shifting subtlely. The lights dim slightly around him as he reaches out his hand in Blaze's general direction... ::shocked ::ninja ::cheesy ::devilangel

Into the midst of the pandemonium, a figure covered completely with eufiber steps into the room. The eufiber is covered in swirls of blue and black that appear to be shifting subtlely. The lights dim slightly around him as he reaches out his hand in Blaze's general direction... ::shocked  ::ninja  ::cheesy  ::devilangel

If this figure isn't recognizable as the Nullifier Nathan has met before, he's prepared to dodge whatever it is that's coming, but too busy with the Virus to give the newcommer his full attention. *Damn!! Another one!!*

Into the midst of the pandemonium, a figure covered completely with eufiber steps into the room. The eufiber is covered in swirls of blue and black that appear to be shifting subtlely. The lights dim slightly around him as he reaches out his hand in Blaze's general direction...
Aiming at the frisbee thrower he lets the plasma fly again...

... but nothing happens! Blaze feels the Quantum forces he was building in his hands scatter to the winds & his plasma bolt fizzles to nothing ::blink ! [blaze's Quantum Bolt is Disrupted]

Seeing the other Novas battling, he leans around the door, taking careful aim at Virus' head.

BLAM! The Stranger squeezes off a shot at the nearest Virus, catching it in the side of the temple. There's a greenish-brown 'splat', it squeals, & it's head snaps to the side with the impact - then it turns on the gunman & charges... ::angry

\"Son of a...\"

Just outside Will scrambles out of the broken glass & beer, just in time to roll past a double-fisted swing by the more muscled Virus, & to leap over the attempted grapple of the other.

The two remaining Viruses inside (apart from the one that turned on the Stranger) smile ::sly at each other as they realise that Blaze's plasma assaults seem to have stopped (although he himself is still burning brightly) & start to circle around the firey figure - one either side.

His element of surprise gone, the Stranger ignores the creature charging towards him, quickly holstering his pistols and snatching 2 flashbang grenades from his harness. Flicking the pins off with his thumbs, he rolls the grenades into the room, then slams shut the dining room door, closing his eyes and sliding down the darkened lenses of his mask.

(Sorry guys! Least this'll blind your opponents too, hopefully!)

... but nothing happens! Blaze feels the Quantum forces he was building in his hands scatter to the winds & his plasma bolt fizzles to nothing ::blink ! [blaze's Quantum Bolt is Disrupted]

*The f**king bastard!*

The two remaining Viruses inside (apart from the one that turned on the Stranger) smile  ::sly at each other as they realise that Blaze's plasma assaults seem to have stopped (although he himself is still burning brightly) & start to circle around the firey figure - one either side.

When he realizes his plasmablasts are gone, Blaze looks from one virus to the other, then charges the one nearest the newcommer. If he should happen to miss and hit the other guy instead, he's not going to cry about it... ::sly

[Wow - The Stranger & Glacier are off in a little world of their own... Enough with the whole \"We beat the bad guys - then, after breakfast...\" routine!  It makes it really hard for me to maintain story flow...]

OOC: Sorry.. ::blush

Glacier walks into the room cracking his knuckles, adding to the increased surreality of the scene (there's more than one of this guy all of a sudden, people are rushing in and out for no obvious reasons, and let's throw a polar bear in there too! Ha ha ha!) He takes in the complete inferno, muttering "Thanks a lot, Blaze.."

Coming to a decision, Glacier draws in breath, then lunges forward and roars for all he's worth. The outlines of the bear anima blurs slightly, almost as though the bear's fur is bristling, then snaps back to normal. The volume of noise is incredible, and a shockwave of blue, crystalline energy emanates from his body, putting out fire as it hits it in various places.

Coming to a decision, Glacier draws in breath, then lunges forward and roars for all he's worth. The outlines of the bear anima blurs slightly, almost as though the bear's fur is bristling, then snaps back to normal. The volume of noise is incredible, and a shockwave of blue, crystalline energy emanates from his body, putting out fire as it hits it in various places.

The incredible roar leaves a thin coating of frost over everything in the room - Ash & Emma both have their hands over their ears & are shivering (but it's better than being roasted alive ::wink ). The Viruses likewise cringe from the noise & cold, although they seem none the worse for it.

His element of surprise gone, the Stranger ignores the creature charging towards him, quickly holstering his pistols and snatching a flashbang grenade from his harness. Yanking the pin, he rolls the grenade towards Nathan's foes, then slams shut the dining room door, closing his eyes and sliding down the darkened lenses of his mask.

The charging Virus impacts the door hard, but The Stranger holds it closed easily.

When he realizes his plasmablasts are gone, Blaze looks from one virus to the other, then charges the one nearest the newcommer. If he should happen to miss and hit the other guy instead, he's not going to cry about it...

Living up to his namesake, Blaze blazes at the Virus... as there's a deafening bang, blinding flash, & billow of white smoke from behind him! He slams full-tilt into the dazzled Virus, smashing it against the wall (& burning it), where it slides to the floor (although it's still conscious). Ash, Emma, Glacier, the eufiber clad Nova, & the Viruses are likewise dazzled ::blink & deafened as the grenade goes off (Will & the Viruses outside are OK).

Living up to his namesake, Blaze blazes at the Virus... as there's a deafening bang, blinding flash, & billow of white smoke from behind him! He slams full-tilt into the dazzled Virus, smashing it against the wall (& burning it), where it slides to the floor (although it's still conscious). Ash, Emma, Glacier, the eufiber clad Nova, & the Viruses are likewise dazzled ::blink  & deafened as the grenade goes off (Will & the Viruses outside are OK).

If this means they're not moving, but Blaze is....

He exploits the situation as fast as possible, sending full force plasmabolts (if possible, hoping the disruption wore off a bit...) into all the bad guys, starting with the new guy and the nearest virus.

If he still can't fire, he presses both hands to the virus's face, before moving on to the black figure.

There's a blinding FLASH! Suddenly Glacier's vision is gone. His head and upper torso snap backwards as though he had just been decked by someone powerful enough to make his torso and head snap backwards, and he roars with pain, clutching his eyes. He quickly rights himself, but can't see!

"God dammit!!!" Glacier makes a gesture as though to shoot his cuffs, and black claws apparently made of energy come hissing out of his wrists. He sniffs the air (and uses any other senses at his disposal) to try determine the location of the nearest enemy (re: anyone), which would be Nullifier. If and when he thinks he has some idea where he is, he lets out a berserk roar and lunges at him, carving broad arcs with his claws in order to increase his probability of hitting.

OOC: Activate Claws and attack Nullifier.

Hearing the grenade detonate, the Stranger rips open the door and swings a fist at Virus with all his strength, simultaneously drawing a pistol with his other hand and aiming at the unknown Nova as he steps into the room.

The Stranger's mightly blow pummels the Virus the length of the room - it smashes through the charred barracade & impacts the far wall - sending the blinded women screaming for cover. ::nervous The Virus is very unconscious ::wacko .

Drawing a bead on the unknown Nova, The Stranger's aim is suddenly blocked by Glacier...

He sniffs the air to try determine the location of the nearest enemy. If and when he thinks he has some idea where he is, he lets out a berserk roar and lunges at him, carving broad arcs with his claws in order to increase his probability of hitting.

In these close quarters Glacier's bear-like sense of smell does wonders in compensating for the spots before his eyes & the ringing in his ears - he quickly finds his prey, & lunges at him - frosty claws cutting a deep wound across the unknown Nova's chest & slamming him back out of the room! As the Nova lands sprawled on the floor his eufiber costume shifts, metallic-looking razor-sharp spikes pushing to the surface all over it, scoring deeply into Mr Fabry's polished wood flooring as he skids to a halt.

[He's Wounded - Lethal damage]

Blaze, realising his plasma blasts still aren't working (& are showing no signs of doing so any time soon)...

... presses both hands to the virus's face, before moving on to the black figure.

The Virus screams as it's face burns - a faintly barbeque-like smell fills the air. It collapses to it's knees, clutching it's ruined visage as Blaze flys out of the dining room after the unknown Nova.

His shot blocked by Glacier, the Stranger instead sends a burst at the remaining Virus near Blaze, then quickly reaches back around the door. Grabbing the medkit, he sprints towards the wounded behind the furniture barricade.

(MegaDex to reduce difficulty on the Burst)

Derek swears profusely at the sudden blinding pain.

"Dammit! What is with Masters, parties, and blindness!!!"

Pausing for a moment to take stock of his situation, Derek attempts to move so that he has his back to a wall.

"Ash! Emma! Follow the sound of my voice! Move to beside me, I'm at the back wall. I'm about to fill the room with Margharita. The hard stuff! Grab masters if you can, pray for him if you can't....."

Assuming Derek has found his way to the wall, he's going to start to concentrate, and hold it until Ash and Emma respond......

Hearing Derek, the Stranger shouts, "NO!" Changing direction midstride, he darts over to Derek, grabbing him by the arm and whispering furiously in his ear..."I need your help with the wounded! You're the only one who can generate the antibodies they'll need!"

The Virus screams as it's face burns - a faintly barbeque-like smell fills the air. It collapses to it's knees, clutching it's ruined visage as Blaze flys out of the dining room after the unknown Nova.
he quickly finds his prey, & lunges at him - frosty claws cutting a deep wound across the unknown Nova's chest & slamming him back out of the room! As the Nova lands sprawled on the floor his eufiber costume shifts, metallic-looking razor-sharp spikes pushing to the surface all over it, scoring deeply into Mr Fabry's polished wood flooring as he skids to a halt.

Seeing Glacier knock the new guy out of the room, Nathan breaks his pursuit and yells \"Yes!! Go get him, Popsicle!\"

His shot blocked by Glacier, the Stranger instead sends a burst at the remaining Virus near Blaze, then quickly reaches back around the door. Grabbing the medkit, he sprints towards the wounded behind the furniture barricade.

Seeing another stranger sprint for Masters and the ladies he pauses, not sure if that guy just shot at him or the virus. But when he mentally combines the facts that he's got a first aid kit, he's talking to Derek, and he has in fact knocked out some bad guys Nathan is pretty sure he's on the right side. He takes a moment to decide who to help, before he flies outside in Will's direction.

- "Will! Grab them if you can! Incoming!!!"

At the speed the viruses are moving there's really not much he can do without his strength or his plasmabolts, but if Will manages to hold one of them Blaze flies right up to them and gives the virus a big hug... ::devilangel

- \"Will! Grab them if you can! Incoming!!!\"

*Grab them he says and achive what exactly? oh well at least I'm getting an assist* Looking to the clones "You're screwed now!" ::devil

(OOC: if the clones maintain current tactics then so does Will, If they run then will chases them down with a bunch of Hyperstrikes untill they drop. hey Asbjorn grabbing them isn't a good idea if they drain the final point of strength then you'll be on your own untill QVampire runs out)

\"I need your help with the wounded! You're the only one who can generate the antibodies they'll need!\"

Still blind, it appears that Derek can't hear the warning, and continues concentrating.

After a moment he stops, looks a little perturbed, shrugs and places both hands in front of him.

"Ash, Emma, I can't see and there's a damn ringing in my ears! Move!"

Realisation dawns, as the penny drops that they're quite unlikely to be able to hear him.

He spends the next few moments racking his brain, going over information in his mind, trying desperately to think of anything that might decrease the duration of the effects of the Flash Bang....

OOC: Sorry for the edit, but Prof reminded me about the deafness. Sorry guys.... :(

Keeping an eye on the Virus he just shot at, he hurriedly explains. "Listen to me. If I can figure out what they need, and I can give you the chemical composition of it, can you create it? Just hold onto me till your vision clears."

Derek (naturally) panics as he gets picked up, swinging at the Stranger as hard as he can. Which, frankly, isn't very hard at all......

After a moment of realisation that he's not hitting icky Virus things, he stops attacking, but is still very tense.

Whispered to himself:

"This better be a friend, or I'm SOOOO dead......" ::smiley4

The effects of the flashbang grenade quickly fade...

The stranger empties the clip of his pistol at the last Virus standing (in the dining room that is) - blowing several holes in the walls & furniture, & a few in the Virus (which scuttles over the wall, out of the hole, & onto the outside of the house).

The Virus with the burnt face gets back on it's feet - screaming & looking around for Blaze (& some Payback™) - but then stops when it realises that the flaming Nova is heading outside ::sly ; instead it stretches it's body several metres across the room to grab a terrified Emma by the wrist & drag her to him - where it wraps itself around her tightly ::shocked . Ash yells for help.

Outside the weaker of the two Viruses attacking Will manages to land a punch - but it glances off his force field with little effect other than to send him sprawling across the lawn. The stronger Virus follows up - the grass of the lawn blackening & dying where the Virus touches it - but Will rolls to one side with lightning speed & flips back on his feet, ready to continue the 'chase'.

Glacier sniffs the air, trying to get a bead on where everyone is, and who's nearest him.

Somewhere in the more rational part of Glacier's mind he recognises the scent of The Stranger from the cellar as he sprints past - the part that's running the show now, however, just recognises the smell of prey ::crazy . He also sees & hears him as the spots fade from before his eyes, & his hearing begins to return...

He takes a moment to decide who to help, before he flies outside in Will's direction.

- \"Will! Grab them if you can! Incoming!!!\"

Blaze flies towards the hole in the wall, then pauses, his attention drawn back to Ash's screams & the Virus that just grabbed Emma...

Derek, although somewhat disorientated by being hoisted bodily in the air, manages to see (over The Stranger's shoulder) through the hole in the wall clearly enough to try to target a Virus & concentrate... The smaller Virus, unaware of Derek's actions, is surprised as an acidic cloud forms around it's head! It yells & claws at it's eyes as the acid eats them, falling into a screaming & writhing heap on the floor. ::smiley4

Meanwhile, the unidentified (& now spikey) Nova stands where he fell & appears to concentrate - seconds later a swirling vortex opens in front of him, he steps through, & then both he & the vortex are gone. ::blink ::teleport

The Virus with the burnt face gets back on it's feet - screaming & looking around for Blaze (& some Payback™) - but then stops when it realises that the flaming Nova is heading outside  ; instead it stretches it's body several metres across the room to grab a terrified Emma by the wrist & drag her to him - where it wraps itself around her tightly  . Ash yells for help.

*Dammit!* Dropping Derek with a thud, the Stranger runs over to Emma, grabbing ahold of the Virus' head and brutally twisting, trying to snap it's neck if possible.

(Using Crush if I can, I'm gonna pop this sucker's head off!)

Somewhere in the more rational part of Glacier's mind he recognises the scent of The Stranger from the cellar as he sprints past - the part that's running the show now, however, just recognises the smell of prey  . He also sees & hears him as the spots fade from before his eyes, & his hearing begins to return...

The bear anima appears to sniff around just as the Stranger runs by. Sensing him, it takes a swipe, but realizing that he's already past, lunges into pursuit! It runs on four legs after the Stranger and Derek, gaining fast (strangely, the figure inside is now nascent, and doesn't appear to be moving at all), when:

*Dammit!* Dropping Derek with a thud, the Stranger runs over to Emma, grabbing ahold of the Virus' head and brutally twisting, trying to snap it's neck if possible.

Glacier is suddenly presented with two targets when the Stranger drops Derek, but he is now locked on the former and pays no attention whatsoever to the the latter. Exhilarated from the chase, the freezing bear rushes into the mass of Virus, Stranger and Emma, tearing anything he can get at with his paws and blades.

Derek gives a little shriek as he falls to the ground, ending abruptly as the wind is knocked from him.

"All we need now is an empty elevator shaft, and the party's complete..." he mumbles to himself

Spotting the medical bag (first aid?) and Masters's horizontal form, Derek grabs the bag and starts to administer what help he can.

Comparing the bags content to Masters's condition:

::crazy

"Guys, I need WAY more than what we got here to be of any help. Unless I hear objections in the next couple seconds, I'm calling the paramedics...."

Hearing the rush of the bear behind him, the Stranger continues grappling Virus, trying to tear it free and shove Emma away, out of Glacier's path. Fearing the worst, he also tries to position so Glacier will hit him and Virus(mostly Virus), doing his best to shield Emma from damage!

(OOC: Edited for a more realistic maneuver...sorry. Stranger will try to avoid being hit if he can, but he's more concerned about protecting the defenseless ::rolleyes Emma.)

The Virus with the burnt face gets back on it's feet - screaming & looking around for Blaze (& some Payback™) - but then stops when it realises that the flaming Nova is heading outside ::sly ; instead it stretches it's body several metres across the room to grab a terrified Emma by the wrist & drag her to him - where it wraps itself around her tightly ::shocked . Ash yells for help.
Blaze flies towards the hole in the wall, then pauses, his attention drawn back to Ash's screams & the Virus that just grabbed Emma...

::shocked \"NOOO!!!\" Blaze turns in the air and moves at full speed towards Emma, mentally swearing *Goddamn idiot! Use your head, Nate. She's number one. Nothing else matters.*

[Assuming the Stranger is faster than Blaze]

Glacier is suddenly presented with two targets when the Stranger drops Derek, but he is now locked on the former and pays no attention whatsoever to the the latter. Exhilarated from the chase, the freezing bear rushes into the mass of Virus, Stranger and Emma, tearing anything he can get at with his paws and blades.

*Oh, crap... What the hell is he doing?*

Hearing the rush of the bear behind him, the Stranger continues grappling Virus, trying to tear it free and shove Emma away, out of Glacier's path. Fearing the worst, he also tries to position so Glacier will hit him and Virus(mostly Virus), doing his best to shield Emma from damage!

Letting the stranger take Glacier's attack Nathan goes for a flyby (assuming The Stranger actually manages to separate the Virus from Emma), yelling to the frightened woman "Emma! Take my hand and hold on tight!"

The searing hot, burning plasma surrounding him flares once, then dies out and leaves only the glowing forcefield as he approaches her, reaching out with his hand and hoping his flight and her own strength is enough to carry her away. (Is it possible to use Lifter without M-Str? ::confused I guess not... but that doesn't mean Nathan isn't trying! ::rolleyes )

If he does manage to get her along, he's taking her away from the action, to the gameroom or wherever he can set her down in relative safety and see if she's more or less all right.

The Stranger grasps the Virus' head & brutally twists - the things neck (being as flexible as the rest of it) is quite happy to twist with the masked-man's best efforts! However, with a little added application of pushing & pulling The Stranger does manage to seperate the Virus from it's victim. Emma falls to her knees gasping for air.

\"Emma! Take my hand and hold on tight!\"

The searing hot, burning plasma surrounding him flares once, then dies out and leaves only the glowing forcefield as he approaches her, reaching out with his hand and hoping his flight and her own strength is enough to carry her away.

Emma looks up, & has the good sense to follow Blaze's instructions - grabbing his extended arm & being yanked from the room. The couple end up in the game room, where Emma drops to the floor, then turns to Blaze,

\"Nathan, are you alright? You seem exhausted.\"

She seems genuinely concerned for her saviour, appearing to forget the danger she herself was in moments ago,

\"The others are still in trouble. There must be something we can do to help?\"

Meanwhile, back in the dining room, the Virus grappling with The Stranger smiles at it's opponent - The Stranger suddenly feels weakened, his Nova-strength gone, as the creature's muscles swell to mitoid-proportions!

Outside the remaining Virus facing Will pauses in it's attack, then turns & sprints back towards the house - although it doesn't appear to be heading for the action in the dining room.

Exhilarated from the chase, the freezing bear rushes into the mass of Virus & Stranger, tearing anything he can get at with his paws and blades.

The Stranger & the Virus both strain to move the other into Glacier's path - the (now) stronger Virus has the advantage & uses his stolen strength to lift the masked Nova between itself & the crazed bear-anima. There's no-way Glacier can miss - his claws carve through the back of The Stranger's overcoat & send both he & the Virus grappling him smashing through the internal walls to end up rolling across the floor of the lounge! There the Virus twists to it's feet & scurries away, but The Stranger lies still...

Over by Masters Derek completes his examination in record time, his rational mind ticking over the various procedures like lightning. He looks in the medical bag...

Comparing the bags content to Masters's condition:

::crazy

\"Guys, I need WAY more than what we got here to be of any help. Unless I hear objections in the next couple seconds, I'm calling the paramedics....\"

Based on the rapid symptoms expressed by Masters & the various infected staff his first rough guess is that the contagion is a form of single-stranded RNA retrovirus (like those believed to cause AIDS & cancer), obviously fast-acting &...

(... he notices that Ash, although she hasn't been touched by Virus is starting to sweat, just like Masters & the other victims of direct contact...)

... highly contagious; although, so far, Nova physioligy appears to be immune. Rather than the paramedics he may have to call the CDC! Not that it'll do much good for these poor souls - unless the Nova genius misses his guess it'd take weeks, even for a Nova scientist, to produce a tailored retrovirus to counter the one in the victim's systems. These victims don't have weeks, they have hours (at most), & it seems unlikely that this particular virus isn't deadly. Radiation therapy could possible eliminate the virus' progress, but the dosage would need to be dangerously high... ::nervous

The Stranger & the Virus both strain to move the other into Glacier's path - the (now) stronger Virus has the advantage & uses his stolen strength to lift the masked Nova between itself & the crazed bear-anima. There's no-way Glacier can miss - his claws carve through the back of The Stranger's overcoat & send both he & the Virus grappling him smashing through the internal walls to end up rolling across the floor of the lounge! There the Virus twists to it's feet & scurries away, but The Stranger lies still...

Glacier relentlessly pursues the Stranger and the Virus. He crashes into the lounge, not even noticing whether or not he takes out any more walls, and percieves the Stranger not moving and the Virus running away. The latter attracts his attention, and he lunges into pursuit.

If the Virus appears to be cornered, he closes with it, becoming a icy hurricane of death in his attack.

If there is a clear exit for the V., he activates Enhanced Movement for the turn and chases it.

Emma looks up, & has the good sense to follow Blaze's instructions - grabbing his extended arm & being yanked from the room. The couple end up in the game room, where Emma drops to the floor, then turns to Blaze,

\"Nathan, are you alright? You seem exhausted.\"

She seems genuinely concerned for her saviour, appearing to forget the danger she herself was in moments ago,

Nathan tries to keep a straight face and look fresh and healthy, but probably fails spectacularly. \"I'm fine. Really. Oh, hell... who am I kidding...?\" - He sags a bit, keeping an eye on any doorways or windows. Then he looks back at Emma and sighs... \"Right now the only thing I can do is fly, and I might not be able to keep that up very long either.\"

\"The others are still in trouble. There must be something we can do to help?\"

::confused "I don't know, Emma. I really don't. I keep thinking they're after you, and in that case the best I can do is get you out of here. If I can carry you at all, that is. I feel like I couldn't even keep myself on my feet now..."

Nathan takes a deep breath and tries to calm down and think clearly.

Outside the remaining Virus facing Will pauses in it's attack, then turns & sprints back towards the house - although it doesn't appear to be heading for the action in the dining room.

*I have you now!* Will moves into action with incredible speeds, catching up to his oponent in a split second and delivers a devastating punch to the back of its head.

(OOC: Hypersrike (hyper+enh.movement), Targetting head, quickness aswell. Will's gonna be pretty much drained after this)

(OOC: I always have to remind myself to be descriptive)

Based on the rapid symptoms expressed by Masters & the various infected staff his first rough guess is that the contagion is a form of single-stranded RNA retrovirus (like those believed to cause AIDS & cancer), obviously fast-acting &...

Derek pales.

"....."

"....."

Derek calls out, his shout, almost shriek as he nears hysterics.....

"Guys, Masters needs help NOW! Chemical and biological assistance is worthless at this point, we need to kill the virus.

"There are two options, ones bad the other is worse. Either we generate enough radiation to kill the virus (and NOT kill Masters and Ash), or we freeze them to slow it's progress."

"....."

"Unless one of you has some sort of radiation ability, you've got 2 minutes to get me a solution, or I'm creating a hunk of Pluntonium right here and NOW!"

Derek looks like he's about to pass out.

Unmoving and sprawled on the lounge floor, The Stranger lies still. His chest rises and falls ever so slightly, evidence that he's still breathing...though it doesn't look as if he'll be waking up anytime soon.

Archived