Batwoman is a lesbian

Satyr

There have been some changes to the canon, yes, but Oracle is still around - I read about her in Birds of Prey.

There's also Rene' Montoya, who was outted in the Gotham Central story 'Half a Life.' A few other GLBT characters I'm a bit tired to put a name to - Alan Scott's son, Kate Spencer's co-worker, Maggie Sawyer, Mikal Tomas, John Constantine (dunno if he really counts, since he's sort of in his own corner) and Wonder Woman (dunno if she counts 'cause I might be reading a bit much into a few comments.)

Not a lot, but better than none. Right?

The name. :P

I know that sounds smart-arsed but that's basically it. Seperate characters, as far as I can tell, and I think Batwoman's not really going to start with ties to the existing Bat-clan, beyond the name and motif.

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami:
Okay... what is the diff between Batwoman and Batgirl?
Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) is a a pre-existing character in recent DC continuity and not a lesbian to my knowledge.

Batwoman whos secret identity is unknown for the time being, being that shes a brand new character.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
There have been some changes to the canon, yes, but Oracle is still around - I read about her in Birds of Prey.
What a coincidence...isn't there a Marvel character called Oracle that's also a lesbian? I believe she is also named Destiny? Destiny had a relationship with Mystique I think. I'm not exactly up-to-date with my comic canon. I gave up on comics years ago.

Quote:
RE: Wonder Woman
If true it breaks the hearts of lots of (fan)boys.
And I liked how she and Superman ended up together in Kingdom Come. Oh well. Kingdom Come isn't canon or anything, but still...

In Marvel Oracle is with the Imperial Guard and she is the former lover of it's leader. Link

Destiny is an Oracle type character (precog). She and Mystique were an item, there is a lot of backstory there that isn't fully done, I think they seperated and each got married but my comic lore is weak on this point. (Link can't be posted).

Archived