Trinity RPG - Help for newcommers to Trinity

CHILL

• 1 month later...

Here's a good one....

Is the Trinity Technology Manual worth buying?

Its something I've seen asked on other forums before.  Personally, I've found it very useful on two levels.

1) backgroud information on the major players in the technology industries

2) Inspiration for interesting tech

3) I sometimes use the tech detailed within it

To be honest, although the VARG section is useful, I think I've used it once, but I have made use of the Minicomp's, Avatar's and Opnet stuff - as well as the medical supplies gear...

I think that most people would see is as 'the big book of gear' - which it is if you use it that way.

Its not an essential purchase though.  If you are a Player, you would want to get it and add it to your library, if you are a ST, then buy the Players Guide, and the Order books first.

I would agree with that evaluation.  It is certainly not as good a buy as the Order books - which are absolute quality, despite what is sometimes awful research that can leave holes in the meta-plot and in the continuity of a game as well asattempting to create a believable background with good locations.

:xmas

The Tech Manual was my second Trinity purchase. I'm a big techie at heart and love gear. Lots and lots of it, if I can get it. There were some really great ideas in there, but for all out usefullness, I'd have to agree that the order books are better.

I've found that the most useful parts of the Big Book o' Things have been the computers and the "spy gear." I've only twice had VARGs show up in my games.

The in character section relating how tech fits in with modern life was great. Lots of tasty bits about the who, why, and how.

-Joseph

actually, following that thought.....

It should be mentioned that some of the Order books (most?) follow up with 'giving the tech' by adding Order / region specific technology, which while can be very 'function specific', there are some very clever ideas in there, as well as some obvious ones.....

• 4 weeks later...

I liked the Tech Manual for Chapter Two's treatment of Computers. I was pleased with their "hacking" rules.  :Devil Then again, two out of six of the characters in the group at the time were into that kind of thing, so it took a lot of pressure off me to have a reference.

I was also mostly happy with the medical gear, although we re-wrote a couple of items to keep perspective with previously established levels of medical technology in our chronicle.

• 4 months later...

I've used the Tech many times. Mostly when I need a ship or something. It's been my part to fly the ships.

First I used a Scarab. But now Im using somthing smaller from the Tech.

Have you ever tried to run a Abbarent vs Psion game without VARGs? :P

Archived