Aberrant RPG - Attuning People?

Manuel

Okay, "Exposure to Quantum Powers" is supposed to be one of the possible triggers of Eruption.

So I got to thinking... Novas with Attunement basically charge objects with Quantum to bring them along.  Including a person, at level 5.  (Say if you wanted to bring somebody along when you teleported, or share the Armor power with them to protect them.)

Could such a thing cause a latent to Erupt as a Nova? Your body is basically being suffused with Quantum energy when that  happens, after all.  Would that cause thier MR node to emerge?

I suppose it could, and it would probably be a very good reason for eruption too. It could bring about such powers as Quantum Imprint, Node Spark, Disrupt and various others dealing with the manipulation of raw quantum. You would also suspect that the new nova could be somewhat affected by the attuning nova's power theme, so that a certain similarity should be expected.

On a similar note: if Attunement 5 allows for sharing your powers with another person, what good are powers such as Boost (with the "affect others" extra), Density Control (with the same extra) and Nova Proxy (I think that's the name)? I would like to point out that Attunement 5 does NOT allow you to share your powers as such, but it makes the attuned person immune to the effects of the nova's powers similarly to how the nova itself is immune. A nova with Immolate would be able to carry an attuned person without harm, but his forcefield would add no extra soak to the attuned unless an extra is used for that purpose.

Hey, if you erupt, you erupt.  The powers you get depend on you, the trigger is just an influence.  Since this isn't an accident, presumably you don't have something you *have* to deal with, so there would be a very wide range here.

The fact that someone else has attuned you won't stop the fact that you love/hate someone/something or that you really want to fly.  If I had to guess, I'd say that this sort of eruption would tend towards Social abilities, because that is what the baseline is using at the time.  

But if you are planning to trigger someone, that raises the possibility of planning what his subscious wants as well, through Social powers, or perhaps hypnosis.

For that matter, I think you have to attune someone *before* you use your powers on them, so if they are going to erupt from this, chances are it would be then.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Fredrik

Attunment donsn't give any power to anyone.

It just make them Immune.

Thou Density Ctrl could have another way. And Invisibility and Silence and probably some more.

::downmal  ::smokin

the aberrant books do say that attuning someone does influence what their powers might be, however, it is a small influnce in most cases as that their mind/node/subconcious and situation have more to do with it... similar to erupting when exposed to a quantum power, the situation dictates how your mind reacts and then the powers grow from there... an example would be gaining mega stamina or abosorbtion after being on the receiving end of a quantum bolt...

Archived