Slagheap

I was reading over that PDF of Bruce's post the other day

when I had a thought. Of all the things it covers for

effects of 418, there is no mention of Proto-Psions. Now

it would seem to me that if this thing were capable of

creating new Novas it should also have some effect on the

number of Protos. I figure that it's possible that he

didn't give us anything on that to keep it a surprise, or

that they just don't have anything planned.

So, my question is: How is everyone dealing with Proto-

Psions in post 418? Are some Psions getting "Unlocked"

and psudo erupting into Proto-Psions, are more latents

becoming Proto-Psions? Are they stronger now? Weaker?

Oh, and rules wise how do you guys work protos I'd be interested to see how differently if differently we run them.

-Slag

I considered it at one point, though I never have. Kevin Taylor, aka Operations, has (or had) a Proto in his Trinity game. He used slightly different rules, though.

I can't see why Proto's wouldn't be created by 418. In fact I'd think they'd be more numerous than the Novas.

Hm, a thought on your first post. A story could easily be made involving Order psions who were near the explosion (anywhere in Sudamerica will do, considering) who are exhibiting signs of other modes becoming active. Not something you want to spill the beans on, as anti-psion groups (Brotherhood of Human Purity) would have a field day with the "New Aberrant Threat."

Too bad I don't run Trinity often. My Adventure chronicle doesn't support ideas like this. Though my character, a mesmerist from "the Future" is somewhat proto-psion. I'm still working a lot of that side of him out, but Harle and I could take a deeper look at his situation to help give you ideas.

-Joseph

hmm...  In all honesty I personally don't use Prot-psions in my game.

I might do at some point, but i try to keep the three games as distinctly seperate as possible, and one of the ways I do this is to keep a close check on what psions can and cannot do with their abilities...  I haven't even yet let Teleporters into my game as PC's....  

Just my thoughts....

• 3 weeks later...

theres mention of it in several of the splatbooks and other such supplements, in which it describes a date beyond which the clairsentients could not see earth. in terra verde the event came to pass (then referred to as the venezuela phenomenon) wherein subquantum ripples were sent out from venezuela across the aeonverse (yeah yeah, cheesy term, so sue me) and started doing all kinds of nifty things, triggering new aberrants, messing with psion abilities, etc etc. lots of interesting stuff. if you go to the ww forums there migt still be the thread for it when bruce posted all the in game effects of the event (thanks again bruce!) otherwise the general effect is it makes aberrants, stalwarts, mesmerists, daredevils, and psiads (protopsions) more prevelant while messing with almost all current psionic abilities for a short period following the event.

jake

Jospeh remembered my game. How sweet.  ::hehe

I was using home grown rules for Neo-psions in my TT game, then when the APG came out, they were close enough, so Ginger and I converted her character (which fixed the few kinks it had, only real difference was that I let her select 3 aptitudes as primary, all the rest were Auxrillary. The selected modes didn't mesh well...).

At any rate, you could let a PC play a Neo-psion or even have an NPC one, but pre-VenPhem, I'd only allow one. After that, well, pretty much anything goes.

I'm actually glad that my TT game is concluding before the VenPhem in game date... by about a month.

My players are just glad they finally get to kill Adam. (Not the same one you're thinking of...)

Archived