Trinity RPG - Anima question for you all

Alistaire

So what do you real world people think of Anima culture and philosophy? Like? Dislike? Who cares? Do we see it in anything today? Any place where it might be useful or beneficial? I'm just curious... (And not a O-8 spy! )  :P

Anima, I am not familiar with this.  And yes, I think everyone is gone for now..  :(

EDIT IS AS FOLLOWS...

Ignore me tonight!  I have been working too stinking long for my own good.  I understand what this is in reference to and feel like a dolt for replying.

Luk

Ok, now I know that there are people around. Doesn't anyone have an opinion on this? I personally think that Anima is a very cool thing that came out of Trinity. I like the idea of thinking in less divisive and exclusionary ways, breaking down boarders, etc. This may seem odd for an individualist, but why adhere so strongly to catagories? Too much linear thinking, I think.

Luk: Well, I certainly hope knowing what I am talking about wouldn't have kept you from replying. I mean, really; I'm sure this isn't a hated or taboo topic or something... or did I miss something?

Ok, maybe this will help. I'll throw the defintion of anima into the Glossary thread. Then you don't have to be a Trinity player to get it. :)

I guess that I am a little Trinty oriented, because I've never played the other two. I am getting vaugely interested in Ab, but it will be a while before I can afford to get any books, which is ok because I don't know if I will want to play it anyhow.  :huh2

I've always thought that anima was one of the great parts of Trinity. (If one incorporates it, that it.) It shows especially when you have computer agents and other things that "talk" to you, and people regularly say their pleases and thank yous.

Then again, I tend towards that line of thought anyway.  :)

Harle: You almost got yourself Banned For Life! You recovered by admitting that Adventure is your favorite.

:P

-Joseph

Here is a quote from the main rule-book that I did not want to include with the def. It is from Alex Cassel, CEO and Proxy of Orgotek.

"Anima is about the melting of boarders and classifications. I think it's a fantastic idea that all the rigid assumptions of the last few centuries -- things like countries, federal governments, the relationship between human beings and our tools -- are really more pliable than people think. If biotech can melt a few distinctions, great!" (p. 59, hardcover)

Like I said, I can already see some of that today, even though we don't have biotech. Some people do beleive in some sort of "supernatural" things, whether from a scientific viewpoint, or a spiritual one. Do you see this too? Will it continue, or is it just a fad followed by people losing faith in the progress of our culture? (Of course I am mostly speaking of western culture here, reminding myself that I'm on the global 'net here)

rigid assumptions as a whole are gradually diminishing yeah, and i hope it does continue, the less people assume they know the more willing they are to learn and the easier it is to communicate across the board. i see anima as a cultural revolution that would a a lot of people good, and is more about hope and understanding than anything else, and we could all use more of that.

jake

You almost got yourself Banned For Life!
i figured... :D i knew you'd pick that up faster than i could post it so i toned it down just for you... :P besides, you couldn't get rid of me, i'm worse than weeds, no matter how hard you try i pop up somewhere!

back to anima... i seem to be understanding it as more of a spiritual tech thing... am i of? oh, the heck with it... which books and what pages, i'll go read it myself and stop being lazy... ;)

i'm worse than weeds

Sounds like a certain Pimp I know...  :sly How'd I live next to him for 18 years?  :P

which books

Try the core book to start, then run yourself through Luna Rising. Those should give you a start. I'll take another look when I get home to better give direction.

i throw peace vibes your way!!!

We do not throw peace, we gently emit its waves towards him. Let the kindness wash over you, child.

:dontgetit

:wink

-Joseph

Archived