EarthDawn: A Brave New World - The Tavern Table: OOC Talk

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding character ties, I sort of kept a few open possibilities..

Misthal's mother is a Illusionist and his father a Troubadour, his teacher was female Archer (Also an elf), I see any of those as possible tie ins.

For example, if our Human Wizard sought to use versatility to learn the illusion threadweaving talent, so that he could caste both illusion and wizardry, he could have learned it from Misthal's mother. (Just an idea here, nothing you have to go with Gamrin).

Sense there are only around 375 elves in the Kaer (with a population of roughly 2500, the elves are 15% of that, that comes to about 375), maybe as many as 400, sense it's not set in stone the Kair's population, I figure the chances that the two Elves know each other is good.. they may even be related. [in humans it would be almost certainly related at such small numbers, but elven lifespan stretches that a lot].

Sense the Windlings and Elves lived together in the Kair, I also think, and the Windling population shouldn't be too much more then a 100 (125 actually, if the population is exactly 2500 and the percentage is exact, which I don't expect.. likely that can fluctuate up and down a couple of numbers).

Mainly, I think we should all look at a few connections between characters, gives us some chance to flesh out the characters a bit more.

But really, if you have a good idea for a character tie in with my Archer wink let me know, I'm sure it can be cool and fun to run with.

SG: As to the character sheet.. I'm not too picky.

Ok, I know I said that I would wait, but I can't, so here it is:

Click to reveal..
It is the 7th day of the 10th week of the Theran year 1187. The true air in kaer Nilak gave a gentle breeze, the temperature was comfortable, and the giant light crystal that someone in generations past had named ’Orson’ was already on its’ way across the ceiling. Once somebody had tried to enchant the ceiling so that white puffy shapes would drift across a blue ceiling, but it went wrong and now it just had shifting blue and white swirls across the otherwise rocky surface.

It was just like any other 7th day; the adepts were out of training for two days, and the kaer had a more relaxed feeling. Well, as relaxed as it could be. There was the ever present sense of unease that had everybody not talking since the magical clock had stopped falling. The T’skrang were exceeding their breeding limit… again. The Orks and Trolls were complaining about their generous housing and unfair and inflated market prices, and the Obsidimen had one again melded together; but in the public square this time. More Elves had wood-longing than usual (at least usual since the thread ceremony), Windling ‘pranks’ were on the rise in both frequency and audacity, the dwarves were protesting their wages and the humans were trying to keep everything together, as always.

So, it was just like any other 7th day in kaer Nilak, as the 1st hour neared its end.

Hours in the kaer are similar to watches. There are 8 in a day, each one consisting of roughly 3 regular hours. The 1st hour starts with the rising of the light crystal ‘sun’ around 8 o’clock AM.

Please create a thread, using what is in the spoiler, and tell what your character is doing around 10:30 or so on a Saturday morning. Oh, and we have to post here until we get enough posts/threads for Chosen to give us our own forum. Please put [ED] and your character name in the title of the thread.

Have fun and enjoy... and for those of you without sheets yet, don't worry, we won't leave you too far behind, and you can catch up quickly.

Ok, I have starting posts from Arcata, Catslayer and Misthal. Gamrin, you can post an opening as well, when you're ready (if you have any questions just send me a PM. We're all here to help), and Joani, I'm still waiting on that sheet.

If I've asked you for something to finish rounding out your sheet, please add that as soon as you can.

Otherwise, have fun, and feedback is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys and... well, guys I guess. We've got our own forum, so that's cool.

If everybody could create a thread for their character sheet. Title it with your character name, put your sheet in the first post and your common knowledge background in the second post (AW, you can put your story either in the second post as part of your background or in a third post all its' own).

Just as a note, besides today (I don't post IC on Sundays), I also won't be posting on Monday. I'm taking my wife on a surprise day trip and we won't be back until late evening.

Should be able to post on Tuesday afternoon but Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be spotty. Saturday should be back to normal.

Of course, I should be caught up on everything right now, right?

Let me just say this, no one's performance has been sub-par. If we're all enjoying ourselves, then everyone is doing things right. It's once we stop having fun that we need to talk about bringing something up to par.

But, hopefully, we won't have to worry about that.

SM and Krul, are you waiting for something in your thread?

Catslayer, you're on your way to the main story thread, you can have one more post if you so desire. Gamrin and Misthal, you guys are almost there. Arcata, as soon as the police can find you, hidden in your alley as you are.

Nayobee, we'll just keep plugging along and hope that you aren't too far ahead of the rest of the characters.

Needless to say there is going to be lots of LP awarded for creative and good roleplaying.

Nope. Waiting on Krul/Misthal. I'm hoping that this next post will close that thread and we'll all get together in the main thread (except Nayobee of course).

My apologies to all of those who are already finished with their threads and waiting.

Krul, you have until Monday evening (6:00pm EST) to post or I'm going to push on through.

to quote 'They fly using two double-wings, similar to a dragonfly’s, made of a tough,iridescent membrane.'

so, no, wouldn't destroy his wings, otherwise, Windlings would be screwed in a heavy rainstorm, or downpour, not to mention falling into a river. It might make it a little harder to fly, but nothing more.

No, but covered in paint, they are already wet, I'm surprised he can even fly.

Checking over Denizen's, I can see that water does make their wings more fragile, more easy to tear, and heavy.. pour fellow can't fly at all. If he started to fall out of the air, and I expect he will, I'd have Misthal catch him, assuming the GM allows it.. Misthal will also be somewhat surprised when that happens.

Krul, you are correct in that it will keep him from flying. (and AW and SM are correct in that it would be like watching or being in a horror movie to see or have that happen)

Windlings with wet wings have to make a strength test to see if they can even fly, and then they have to make a toughness test to avoid strain damage from flying. Bad things happen if you botch that toughness test (or any of the subsequent ones)...

Cob has already taken strain just from lifting off.

Also, as an FYI, provided that you don't abuse it, I wasn't planning on imposing the flight restrictions that Denizens does. Basically just pick someone's shoulder/head/pack to ride on while you're traveling (or something similar) and we'll call the rest even. Sound good?

Archived