Aberrant: Dead Rising - Gathering Covens [Finished]

Courier

This happens on May 22nd, in the evening, after Confessions of a guilty conscience

James loaded his tray full of food and went to their ‘family table’. A group of prison women were sitting in the table James’ group normally sat at so Helen had taken a table a few over from it. James reflected ideally they’d be having a family dinner at a big table in the family home, with enough children that they’d need their own table. He’d grown up like that.

In reality, the family home was a hole in the ground which might never be finished, there were no children, and the six adults were having dinner in the cafeteria. James mentally shrugged and moved on. He’d work hard to make the future as bright as the past. He, JoAnna, Nashwa, Pat, Jan, and Helen had a table to themselves, it was enough for right now.

James let everyone eat and make small talk for a bit then he picked up his glass and tapped his spoon against it, making it chime like a bell. James said, “I’ve got some announcements; Like about five of them, all concerning Violet and Jill. First, Violet’s pregnant, with triplets.” Jo looked apprehensive and James immediately added, “Dan is the father.” JoAnna looked relieved. If Violet had been pregnant by James it wasn’t hard to see it’d get messy. Someone said, “I guess congratulations are in order.” Someone else comment, “Didn’t waste any time.”

James said, “Yes, and that’s where it gets complicated. One of Violet’s powers is that she can prevent herself from getting pregnant. However, Violet says it was an unplanned accident. Apparently she’s converted to Wicca, and she’s been experimenting with magic. She cast a fertility spell and boom, it ignored her birth control and worked anyway. Where it gets interesting is she says she’s sure she could do it again for other people. Personally I think that’s a solution in search of a problem, but she’s also trying to put together a coven.”

James stopped and waited to see how everyone reacted.

"So let me see... V knows you want babies, but gets knocked up by her new boyfriend rather than you?" Nashwa asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"It was an accident," Pat said softly.

"Accident my ass," Nashwa said. "She cast a spell for it. She wanted it. Consciously or not, she wanted to be knocked up by this Dan, I say. What a bitch."

"That's not what's important," Jo said softly. James noticed that she wasn't defending Violet. "What is important is that she is making his coven and she did a spell which worked."

"Those poor children," Pat whispered, closing her eyes and bowing her head. "Those poor, poor children." Nashwa put a hand on her arm but didn't say anything. She looked sad, terribly sad; James knew that Nashwa didn't agree with Pat's perspective on the dangers of magic. Or rather, she thought that something could be done to mitigate the danger.

"I'm not interested in the coven thing," Jo said, looking at the other women. "But I know some of you would be."

"I'll have to see," Jan said. "My mama didn't traffic with witches."

"Nice," Helen said, rolling her eyes playfully at Jan. "I'd be interested in knowing more, but reserve the right to say no." She gave James a little smile; they were small but genuine, and warmed his heart.

• 1 month later...

James nodded to Helen and said, "A woman's prerogative, and sometimes a man's too. wink " He said to Jan, "She couldn't have, this didn't exist then."

James looked around the table. These were his people and he had to make darn sure they weren't put into harms way. James said seriously, "The key issue is safety. That's always the first priority. If Myf weren't around there's no way I'd want anyone involved with this."

"Myf can directly see... 'Super-powers.' 'Magic'. Whatever we want to call it. She figured out what was wrong in Norman in a few minutes. Everything would have worked out fine if she'd been there at the start. Norman was a slow motion disaster, there was lots of time and opportunity to change. I'm going to be monitoring this too but I trust Myf more than I do me."

"Myf and I had a long talk today. We're at opposite extremes as too what's going on. She thinks there's a super behind everything. I think it's more like Magic came back into the world. The first wave of zombies. The failure of the crops. Norman. All of those are too big to be one super. I didn't mind thinking Pat was a lot stronger than me. But now I don't think she's a super which means... I'm not sure."

"If Myf is right then what V is doing is harmless. If she's not then magic isn't just for supers."

"So you want us to be your guinea pig?” Jan asked. The words might have been harsh, but as was typical of the Latina beauty, the tone was more tempered and inquisitive than angry. “You want us to do a few spells and see if we can make magic?”

Helen started to hum Every Little Thing You Do Is Magic, causing the women at the table to giggle. When the levity had died down, Helen said, “So what do we need for magic? James, I’m willing to help, but I’m not at all up on the hand-wavy stuff. What are we supposed to do?”

Jo shrugged. "I imagine that for now, we'll watch and learn from Violet. Though I'd like to add that what Violet does can't be classified as harmless. She's caused a lot of trouble, and most of it on accident, just being Violet." Despite the rough history between them, there was no anger or animosity in Jo's voice. "Is that what you were thinking, James? Watch and learn?"

James giggled with girls and hummed along.

At Jo's question he nodded and replied, "Yes. Watch and learn from Violet. I'll appoint myself coven guardian. If someone is going to become the... um... Wizard of Oz? Gandalf? Merlin? Somehow I can't picture any of your with a beard."

James tried again, "If someone is going to be the next Harry Potter..." Gack, a pre-teenage boy. That's worse. "...I'd rather it be one of you."

• 1 month later...

"So how do we do this?" Jo asked after a moment. "Just approach Violet about it and ask to get magiced up?"

Nashwa perked up. "I can give a primer on Wicca."

"This is a mistake," Pat said. She'd said little else since her lamentation about Violet's children. Now she raised her head and said, "We shouldn't learn this or encourage this. We should stop it. Stop it before more people get hurt."

Nashwa put a hand on her arm. "We will find out what went wrong," she told Pat softly. "And we'll make sure it never happens again."

• 2 weeks later...

James nodded to Pat and said, "Agreed. And maybe along the way we'll find you weren't involved in where it went wrong."

James clapped his hands together and saying to Jo and Nashwa, "Let's start with that primer. Then we'll find out what where she wants to go with this. Wicca is flexible, I'm sure V will have her own flavor."

• 1 month later...

The family finished eating and all but Pat retired to listen to Nashwa and JoAnna talk about Wicca.

They talked about the Triple Goddess and the Horned God. The Wiccan Rede ("an it harm none, do what ye will") and the Law of Threefold Return. About the Eight Virtues and The Five Elements. About Covens and rituals.

And they said trying to nail down "the laws of Wicca" was like trying to nail Jello to a wall. Wicca was diverse and there was a strong flavor of "Whatever worked".

Then they went to see Violet.

Every encounter with James was a challenge for her. Even after all the trouble they've been through and the grief that followed Violet still felt connected to James. Actually that connection could never be severed which was the major reason why she had so much trouble dealing with him.

The door knocked and Violet asked herself who this could be. She didn't expect Dan to come back that soon but maybe he decided to call it a day and spent the rest of the evening with her. The outrageously voluptous bombshell checked her reflection in the mirror before she went to answer the door. She was wearing a cream colored silken robe that was practically translucent given the slight glow she was emitting, underneath she was naked as the goddess created her.

A broad smile on her face she opened the door, "Dan! I...", her voice instantly died when she saw James and the women...

To see Violet was to want her, to remember loving her, to remember touching her soul and her touching his. James had expected that... and having her say another man's name was like a twenty minute ice cold shower.

If that's how she was going to greet Dan... maybe I'm glad I'm interrupting?

James felt a small pang of jealous satisfaction and suppressed it sharply. This won't work if we go down that road so we're not. Pure and simple. She looks great... more naked for wearing clothes. AHEM. Her face is up there.

James collected his emotions and said evenly, "Violet. Good to see you." Now there's a loaded phrase. "We'd like to talk to you about the coven?"

Violet blinked a few times before reality caught up with her. "Ah... sure... ahm. Why don't you make yourselves comfortable while I... I slip into something...", now this was really awkward. Although there was nothing to be ashamed of. She knew exactly how James looked under his shirt and pants. She knew every inch of his massive muscled body and she loved it so much. Her eyes briefly scanned over his impressive features resting for a second on his crotch before she forced herself to look away.

Her body betrayed her giving off unmistakable signals that she was more than ready to make love to him. As if a voice in her head constantly kept telling her just one more time, you know how good it was.... "I'm back in a few... ok?", she excused herself walking backwards trying to gain some distance from James. It seemed easier to handle the situation if she wasn't close to him.

The voluptous goddess quickly exited through the door which led upstairs to her quarters, taking the steps in twos. Without giving it much thought she picked up a black bikini top, matching hotpants and donned her robe again - that should do ok. She couldn't hide her outrageous curves anyway, but there was a difference between being almost naked and wearing at least something that covered her up.

James' entourage were gathered around him sitting at a table looking up at her expectantly as she returned. Violet went to the bar/kitchenette and got some glasses and water to drink, it was the least she could offer.

"I'm not quite sure what you mean? Did I get that right, you wanted to talk about my coven?", Violet had considered something like that, but only Jill knew about it... and maybe Jo but things had been complicated lately concerning her.

Her eyes wandered from woman to woman waiting for someone to answer her question. She was already guessing what this was about but she had learned to hold back and wait. It was all she did now - hold back and wait. It was difficult and tiring to constantly struggle against her nature but she had to or else...

As Violet left to change, James settled in to wait and considered. She smelled like sex.

This was a surprise...?

And she smelled like she was interested in me.

Yes. Same comment. We're amazingly compatable in bed. If you played your cards right she'd be yours for the night.

And then...

:Sigh:

And the next day your family would be pissed, and so would hers. And she's pregnant with Dan's kids. And kids should be with their parents. And even all that is just the start. One night isn't enough.

Don't go there.

By the time Violet came back James was more focussed. He replied, "Yes. Your coven. And hopefully joining up. It's nonsensical to pretend magic isn't around now."

Straight to the point..., "I was just entertaining the idea after reading some of the books I asked for. I'm still not sure if it's really what I'm looking for. You guys seem to have a clearer picture than I have. I'm only trying to find my place in this world, find a reason for why I can do what I can do. If I look around and compare my gifts with other so called supers, I find some similarities and some not so similar things. It's the latter that keeps me thinking and searching for answers.", Violet hesitated for a moment and gathered her thoughts.

"Magic? Why do you think or believe I'm practicing magic? Who told you about that?", her voice wasn't accusatory but she seemed surprised by this and honestly interested in finding out the reasons for this odd meeting.

"Tell me what you've heard about me - unfortunately 80% of the shit that people are gossiping about me is made up and totally out of this world.", Violet shifted her position on her chair, giving James a good, direct view of her enormous cleavage then she raised an eyebrow at him waiting for an answer.

"So..." Nashwa said, "you are practicing magic!" When the others looked at her, she said, "Violet just said, 'who told you about that?' That means there was something to tell!"

"You shouldn't do magic, dear," Pat spoke up suddenly. "It can't be good for the babies." The frail, mousey little woman looked too meek to have an opinion, but she spoke with conviction.

James frowned in confusion and echoed, "Made up gossip? Who told me? The possibility of you practicing magic? What...?"

James looked at his family then smiled in understanding. He said, "Ah... Right. I haven't introduced everyone. Violet, you already know JoAnna..." Literally and Biblically

Indicating each in turn, James continued "This is Pat, Helen, Janella, and Nashwa. As for who told them, I did. Shortly after you told me. wink I'm not leading a band of 'burn-the-witch' fundies. laugh "

Originally Posted By: Dawn OOC
"So..." Nashwa said, "you are practicing magic!" When the others looked at her, she said, "Violet just said, 'who told you about that?' That means there was something to tell!"

"You shouldn't do magic, dear," Pat spoke up suddenly. "It can't be good for the babies." The frail, mousey little woman looked too meek to have an opinion, but she spoke with conviction.

Violet gave Nashwa a poisonous look but before she could answer the old lady spoke up.

"My babies?", she asked incredulous and gave James an accusatory look instead of following up with more questions.

Originally Posted By: Courier

James frowned in confusion and echoed, "Made up gossip? Who told me? The possibility of you practicing magic? What...?"

James looked at his family then smiled in understanding. He said, "Ah... Right. I haven't introduced everyone. Violet, you already know JoAnna..." Literally and Biblically

Indicating each in turn, James continued "This is Pat, Helen, Janella, and Nashwa. As for who told them, I did. Shortly after you told me. I'm not leading a band of 'burn-the-witch' fundies. "

She looked at James for several seconds and acknowledged the short introduction of his women then she slowly nodded. Maybe she was imagining things but it seemed to her that every encounter with James bore the potential of causing collateral damage of unexpected proportions. Maybe she was reading too much into it.

"I don't know what to say... welcome?", Violet sighed making her enormous assets heave and bulge.

"I'm really sorry about this but I wasn't expecting this anytime soon. I did talk with James about many things concerning Wicca and practicing magic but I'm still in a process of learning the true nature of my powers. The ritual I cast worked... it worked beyond my expectations and to be honest, I didn't mean to 'really' cast a spell, I just wanted to lend the moment more meaning - if not for my partner, at least for myself. Many things a I read about Wicca appeal to me but there are also some passages that simply don't add up. I'm trying to listen to my instincts and that's why I'm being so cautious about the whole topic. Currently I'm distancing myself a little more from the 'true' Wiccan ways but that's surely because of my lack of experience. I do know that I can repeat this ritual again and make it work - I can feel it. Actually, I could do this again without the entire ritual, it's now part of my power.", Violet gave each woman a long look and slowly she started to relax and feel more comfortable.

James' pick of women was exceptional and she wondered how many more he would need to compensate for the loss of her. She found herself fantasizing about spending a few hours with each of them or all together - that would surely be a welcomed change... but she mustn't indulge herself. The way she leaned forward on the table and subconsciously licked her lips implied that she was already entertaining the thought of having sex - no matter with whom.

James thought, V is sending out signals... interesting, maybe things aren't working out between her and Dan. Maybe I should...

...take a long very cold shower. No. After we're done here I'll take one or two of the girls back to my place. That's a good idea. Focus James, you're not here for V.

James relaxed marginally and asked, "Violet? This ritual, what exactly did you do and how did you do it?"

"What I did?", she repeated the question taking a deep breath.

"I called upon the Watchtowers, then I offered a rabbit as sacrifice for the gods of fertility...", Violet hesitated and not out of the obvious reason. She knew animal sacrifices were not part of the Wiccan belief. She hesitated because the next part would stab another dagger into James' chest and she didn't want to hurt him anymore.

"I don't know if you want to hear why I did that... you're not going to like it James...", she looked at him with truefelt compassion and her eyes spoke louder than words.

"It was my first night with Dan and I wantedd it to be special."

James went completely still, not even breathing. Open mouth, insert foot. There's 100 things that you could say. 99 of them would start a fight. Don't trust yourself to pick. Count to 10. Don't think of anything but the numbers. Exhale. Be very brief.

James voice was almost even when he said, "Please continue."

"No, don't continue," Nashwa said and her voice was hard. "You practiced black magic, Violet. That's very dangerous. The three-fold law applies to the sacrifice of animals as well." She shook her head. "I won't join a coven with you if you're going to practice black magic."

"Those, poor, poor children," Pat whispered, tears welling in her eyes.

"People used to sacrifice animals all the time as part of their faith," Helen intervened. "So she's not really Wiccan at all. The Druids did, as well as the Jewish faith. It's not like she sacrificed a human, guys."

"The Watchtowers are Wiccan," Nashwa insisted, her voice angry. Her eyes blazed as she said, "No animal-sacrificing faith called on the Watchtowers to do so."

Violet raised her hands in self defence, "Please calm down... I said I was moving away from it because it didn't feel right. It's hard to explain because you can't feel and perceive what I do. If you want to call it black magic.", she took another bust inflating breath which almost broke the bikini in two.

"I can't stop you... but trust me, it's not what I did. The Goddess heard my plea and gifted me with children. I'm expecting triplets... and I can grant her gift to any man or woman who wants to bear children. I feel it... and I think it's my calling to do so."

She gave James another look somewhere inbetween apologizing and condemning him for putting her in this situation.

"I don't think I'll make a good Wicca anyway - I was just looking for some kind of guidance and found quite a few guidelines and passages that appealed to me.", she looked at Helen giving her a warm smile. "I actually think I'm closer to being a Druidess or maybe some kind of nature spirit than a Wicca."

"But could you guys please stop giving me such accusatory looks? I haven't brought down the apocalypse upon us. I haven't done anything wrong, honestly. I can't see anything wrong in creating new life."

"You killed an animal," Nashwa said, her voice firm. "That's black magic and the fact you won't even admit it meanss you've learned nothing! And there are more things out there than the 'Goddess'. There are beings that would love to screw with you or your babies. Nothing wrong?! You created life with death, the death of an innocent creature! You want to talk about having done nothing wrong, there's the true definition! It was an innocent bunny-!"

"Nashwa. You're ranting," Janella said, her voice pitched to carry over the other woman's. "We get it, she's the big bad witch and you screaming at her about it isn't gonna change her mind or bring the bunny back."

Nashwa glared but remained silent. "Violet," Pat interjected into the silence, "please tell us what you did. If there's been lasting damage done, maybe we can help you unravel it, or shield the babies from it."

In stunned silence, James sat there for a moment with his mouth open at the revelations and let the women fight. Right out of the starting gate... and here I was worried about what I'd say. I don't mind killing what I'm going to eat, but I also don't want to see a repeat of Norman. If Nashwa was right about all this V could be in real trouble.

James nodded at what Pat said and added softly, "Please V."

Violet closed her eyes and tried to shield herself from the verbal assaults of James' women. When she opened them again they were glowing intensely as she gave James a long look.

"You were wrong James - you did bring the inquisition with you. Maybe even worse.", her voice

was even and calm. Her eyes remained focused on James' as she continued to speak.

Click to reveal..
James feels an odd sensation flooding his mind and for a moment it feels as if Violet is directly inside of him. Her presence is more than palpable and he feels something very akin to the soulmating they once practiced. When she spoke an almost overwhelming sadness carried with her words. A sadness he has never felt before and wasn't his own - it was hers.

"I drew a circle and cleansed it before I started calling upon the Watchtowers... once I felt the presence of the Guardians I sacrificed the rabbit for it is a potent symbol of fertility. I smeared it's blood on my womb and then I had sex with my chosen mate.", her voice turned into a whisper at the end.

James could feel the mixture of sadness and growing anger boiling somewhere deep inside of her. She was losing her patience and it was brewing like a tempest. She was upset and fed up but struggled to swallow it down.

"What will you do now?", she asked the women. "What do you want from me?"

James frowned for a moment at the sensation of Violet inside his head, he'd felt this before but only in bed. She's slipping... starting to lose control. Let's head this off before it gets ugly. James had some sympathy for Violet's plight but drowning out that was his deep concern. This was a path that ended with people dying.

James knocked on the table and said, "OK everyone, let's settle down." He took a deep breath and said, "First of all, the issue isn't animal rights. I've eaten rabbit. I wear leather. The issue is black magic, and much more specifically, Norman."

"Violet, I hope you got away with it. Myf has already looked at you and I assume she would have said something if your life energy was lower, so let's just assume you weren't personally affected. I hope you didn't leave a dead zone outside the compound, but if you did then we'll stake it out and avoid it."

James paused to let that sink in then continued, "As for what we do now, first thing tomorrow you're going to take me to where you cast that spell. Myf showed me what to look for, it's been long enough that if it's dead then I'll notice. Secondly... you said sacking the rabbit felt wrong? Well, we agree and ask you to not do it again."

"I know you see us as inquisitors, and perhaps Nashwa is," Pat started.

"Thanks," Nashwa growled. But the older woman laid a hand on her arm and she fell silent.

"I am not," Pat said, her wrinkled face both intent and gentle. "I learned to be very careful of magic the hard way, and the deaths of two people are a burden I have to carry. I want to help you, Violet, and more, I want to help your babies and, uh, Dan? Yes, Dan. I'm reacting because I'm afraid for you, not angry at you. So please, I need more detail. What exactly did you say? What exactly did you do? Everything could be important - anything could help us help you."

James' knocking on the wooden table brought her out of her semi trance. Her eyes stopped glowing and she nodded at the elderly woman. There was still an echo, actually a strong echo which James could feel from her emotional state but she was much more grounded now as she spoke with an even voice. Only he knew that it also required willpower to keep up this facade.

Click to reveal..
I'm not quite sure here ruleswise but I suppise spending a point of willpower should be appropriate. Violet has been acting against her nature for quite a while now.

With a heavy sigh she proceeded to deliver all the details of the ritual. At least as far as she remembered it.

"Like I mentioned at the beginning, I only 'borrowed' some aspects of the Wiccan tradition. If I offended any of you I apologize... But I won't take blame for anything that hasn't done any damage. I'm sure I would have noticed if it had caused something unwanted. The Ritual did exactly what I had envisioned. I only wasn't expecting it to work that well."

As far as James could tell she wasn't lying. Her emotions about her motives were true. Didn't she realize that she was laying bare her emotions to him?

James would have trusted Violet's intentions even without 'feeling' them. The part that scared him was he trusted Pat's motivations and intentions too, and it hadn't helped. Pat hadn't meant to kill people in Norman or curse the city. Violet could feel an underlying uneasiness about the whole situation. It wasn't just that James didn't know where the safe boundaries were. James felt -no- -one- understood where sane 'magic' stopped and the seriously, perhaps accidentally, evil/destructive 'magic' started.

As Violet talked James alertly watched Pat, Nashwa, and JoAnna. If he couldn't trust himself to judge what was what, he'd have to trust them. After a few minutes of listening V describe things he didn't understand, James shifted to watching JoAnna specifically and his thoughts wandered. Very attractive woman, her outfit showed some cleavage and she had great body. Unlike V she was accessible. In fact he might be able to bend her over a table, say in this room, and...

"It took some time for us to notice what was wrong in Norman," Pat said. "But I'm assured by the fact that you haven't had a problem yet." The older woman smiled. "That's very good, in fact. Please see the doctor regularly, weekly I recommend. And if there is a problem, let us know immediately. Maybe we can do something."

"We can do something," Nashwa said softly. Her voice was taut with her attempt to speak softly but she was managing to not shout. "We can cleanse the ground where you did your ritual Violet."

"We should also dig up the rabbit's body and burn it, if predators haven't eaten it," Pat added. "We can perform a ceremony to thank the rabbit for its sacrifice. All of these steps should help, if something bad is happening."

"Sounds reasonable in a pseudo-scientific sort of way," Helen said dryly. "Are you game, Violet?"

"I see Myf on a daily basis - we work together at the Hospital. I'm sure I'll notice anything unusual with my babies... I can't explain it but I can feel it.", Violet was surprised at the sudden change of the women's attitude towards her. One moment she felt like a convicted criminal and now they were offering help.

"Of course I can show you the place... I just need to tell Dan.", she was briefly chewing on her lips as she pondered how to explain this to Dan. He had to know and she knew he wouldn't like it.

Originally Posted By: Courier
After a few minutes of listening V describe things he didn't understand, James shifted to watching JoAnna specifically and his thoughts wandered. Very attractive woman, her outfit showed some cleavage and she had great body. Unlike V she was accessible. In fact he might be able to bend her over a table, say in this room, and...

"I'm open for any...", her eyes suddenly wandered off to James and then to Jo and before she could finish her thought she felt a surge of adrenaline. She took quick breaths and exhaled almost moaning with pleasure as she felt her lust rising for Jo. It completely caught her off guard and she never experienced it like this before but right now she really really needed some kind of release.

The impossibly built succubus stood up, almost pushing herself away from the table and stepped backwards, her eyes practically glued on Jo's prominent features. Her lips... her hair... her breasts... everything... I want her...

"What is going on?", she managed to say in between gasps as one hand involuntarily reached for one of her mighty breasts and gently started to squeeze it.

"What is happening? James?", there was something familiar about this but she wasn't entirely sure what caused it.

James is in my head... somehow?, Violet stared at him momentarily just as confused as he was but at least it helped her to refocus... a little.

"I'm... I'm sorry.", she repeated just as James looking slightly embarassed at the women. And there she thought she had this 'problem' of hers mostly under control. Unfortunately now her arousal remained on a much higher level than it was just a few moments ago. She looked at Jo and still wanted to touch and caress her in ways she hasn't done in a while. Jo's inaccesibility made her fantasies even stronger and almost physically painful because she had to deny herself.

Her heart pounded fast and she felt moist all over. I need a shower or something... better. Without thinking much about it Violet filled herself a glass of water and poured it over her head - the sexual energy she gave off was electrifying.

"I'm really really sorry... you don't understand...", she tried to explain looking back and forth between James and the women.

Slightly embarrassed, James explained, "She's an empath. She feels what others feel, feedback loops are possible. She picked up on something I was feeling."

That's right James. Keep one leg over the other and don't try to stand up just yet. You're a grown man, not some teenager, you control your libido.

• 2 weeks later...

Violet still stared at James mouth half agape and her upper body half leaned towards him. Her heart simpky refused to calm down and the heat was still spreading over her entire body.

"This is different, James... i... I can't stop... Ngh...", another wave hit her and she moaned with pleasure.

"Stop it... please, James... I mustn't give in.", but she so much wanted it.

Her body betrayed her words as she made a few steps towards James, hips swaying seductively with each step she came closer.

Suddenly she bent over hands grasping her head as if she tried to wrench away the thoughts and emotions she had with physical force. James could feel the echo of her struggle but also the growing arousal. This was definitely different from his prior experiences with her, was she going through another powersurge?

I want her.

James stood up unsure of what he'd do. Part of him wanted to start taking Violet's clothes off right then and there.

Sure. I'll pick her up and we'll go off into the sunset. Raise Dan's children. Give up any chance of having my own with the girls.

James hissed in frustration and leaped to the foot of the stairs and then to their top.

Clothes and all, it's cold shower time.

Once James was out of sight things improved a little for Violet. She still struggled with her arousal but now she had the feeling she could do something about it. Hopefully no one would come closer and try to comfort her since she didn't know what would happen if she had any kind of physical contact with someone right now... things could turn ugly real quickly.

Her eyes were glowing intensively and her body was shining in a warm golden color making her supernatural beauty even more unreal. "I am so sorry... I didn't mean for this to happen.", she managed to say in between gasps but the women could tell now that James was gone things were slowly improving.

"Are you fuckin' kidding me?" Nashwa asked, looking irritated. "Do you really have that little self-control? We need James to get out to your little black-magic circle, and we can't afford to have him distracted by you. If I die because his cock was thinking about you, I'm going to be one pissed ghost."

"Nash, that probably isn't helping," Helen said pointedly.

"Yeah, I'm sure its the baby makin' her crazy," Jan pointed out with a smirk. "Pregnancy does that."

Nashwa took a deep breath. "Look, I know you've got all sorts of things going on, and you like sex. So do I. In fact, after this, I'd be happy to have sex with you. But you have got to not distract James, because we need both of you for this. And this is important."

As soon as James hit the shower Violet found herself to be able to refocus. It was almost as if she could feel the cold water on her own skin.

She was still entertaining the idea of having sex with James but it was easier to shake it off now. Staring at Nashwa she hesitated with a mixture of surprise and anger. How could she dare say such nasty things about her? Why was she being so resentful against her?

"It has nothing to do with my pregnancy, can you please stop saying that?"

What did she just say? She wants to have sex with me?

Nashwa's 'offer' was something she would surely pick up once this whole coven thing was done. "I didn't do anything, he started it.", Violet defended herself but she wasn't 100 percent sure if that was the truth. That she had the hots for him wasn't surprising but this kind of feedback was... new.

"I know everyone thinks I'm a nymphomaniac and maybe that's even true to some extend but I do know when to hold back. I think what just happened must be some kind of echo or aftereffect of our... soulmating we did. I know you need him. We all need him if we want to do this."

Violet waited a moment gathering her thoughts. She somehow had lost track of her last coherent thoughts and could only remember they were talking about founding a coven eventually but there was something else... something about the Ritual, right.

"I'm sorry but what do you want from me now? What do I have to do to apeace you?", she tried not to sound aggressive or offended by Nashwa's general hostile attitude. She really wanted to work this out with James and his women.

"I just want you to show us to the site and detail it for us," Nashwa said after a visible pause. During that pause, she'd clenched her fists and Pat had stood up and put a hand on her arm. It was clear that something Violet said had upset her, but the woman was also making an effort to not react. "That's all we need from you."

"We might need you to help with the cleansing," Pat added quickly.

"Mmm, right," Nashwa said. She gave Violet a once-over with her eyes. "Annnnd... we should cleanse her first... fragrant oils... a sea salt bath... it would be good to make sure she's safe, first." There was a gleam in her eye that Violet didn't see in all womens'. Normally, there was some jealousy, but Nashwa, aside from the fading irritation, had none of that in her eyes. Instead, there was a rising heat that told her a couple of things about Nashwa:

First, they were more alike than either woman had realized. Nashwa was just as much of a sexual creature as Violet, though certainly not to the same degree.

Second, it didn't matter how badly Violet pissed her off, or that she practiced magic that Nashwa didn't approve of; the woman would still have sex with Violet - eagerly and joyfully.

Pat was shaking her head, but she looked bemused by Nashwa's statement. "If you two ladies desire to do the cleansing, I suggest you start soon. The sooner you finish, the sooner we can get started on circumventing any danger there may be."

Archived