Aberrant: No Good Deed - Chapter One: The Establishment

Jaime Lowery

Again William nodded in agreement. He didn't know if he'd be willing to die instead of work with these people, but he certainly didn't have a problem initially stating that he would. Plus, what Dr. Aeon said made sense... more sense than anything else he'd heard since he woke up.

John thought, Kendra apparently knows more about what's going on than most of us. I wonder if she remembers what I said about communication without being monitored?

John tried to catch Kendra's eye and made a 'telephone' gesture next to his own head.

{If Kendra agrees he'll attempt a link}

Originally Posted By: Courier
Dr. Aeon sighed and said, "Open Defiance. I am nova ergo ego. People, a war is greater than it's warriors. More than that, openly announcing plans and what you will or won't do and how you will or won't react is tactically foolish."

"Why, you are so right." Tomas fixed the doctor with a hard stare, lip curling derisively. "I'm sure I'm denying myself all manner of options here: the colour of my collar, for instance? Or maybe a leather leash instead of a chain one? Maybe if I play nice I shall be given a nice food bowl." He made a dismissive gesture to the older man, his emerald eyes glowing with supressed rage. "Here and now, we have been kidnapped, imprisoned, and now a smug disembodied bastard is suggesting that we cooperate with this Research Group. I have zero interest in being a lab rat, flunky, or servant to anyone. I see no benefit, tactical or otherwise, to being an unquestioning yes-man."

"Indeed John is right," he replied as his gaze wandered to Tomas. "I personally meant to state that I have no reason as of the present to work for this Research Group. However, were I to be told the nature of this research and my role in it my mind could perhaps be changed. As a business man I am always open for negotiation," Siyu clarified to the voice as well as the others.

He leaned back in his chair arms folded and legs crossed. "Perhaps we should listen to what our ever so charitable host has to say before conspiring to level the establishment literally as well as figuratively."

John responded evenly, "A lot more people die from dogs than Tigers. Saying 'yes' makes the occasional 'no' much more interesting."

John added, "And yes, I know you're going to disagree. More interestingly, you seem like more a man of action, which makes your presence here interesting if we're going to be stuck here. For that matter, I am profoundly limited in here. I can plan and plot. I can predict and reason. But most of my abilities are far more useful in the world at large."

Davian moved to stand with his two sometime companions, offering no vocal opinion on the matter. Tomas especially, and Riana as well, knew small clues to his mannerisms and his silence itself that let them know that his opinion mirrored their own. As usual, however, the surviving Layton child kept himself collected and inscrutable in the presence of strangers and enemies.

She did note the gesture from John and she shook her head, she wasn't willing to make any obvious telepathic links at this time, though she might be willing later.

"I have been part of a group before, one who in the end abandoned me, I need more incentive then just; 'I want you to work for me'. If your offering a job, or insisting, I suggest you either get to the various threats, or offer the perks, then let us decide if they are acceptable."

Archived