Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 7: A Heritage of Magic

Rorx

Suprisingly Kai was easy to find. One of training zones, with a level four shield in place, and the locator beacons of two Captains.

As Eiji arrived, Kai and Amane exchanged blows while Akina watched. "You call that a strike Kai?" Amane grabbed his wrist and tossed him away. He stood from the ground and nodded. "I was never a brawler."

"He's alot stronger than this Amane, you said you wanted to test him for real, let him show you his power. All you've done thus far is waste time tossing him around."

Amane looked to Akina and sighed. "Fine then, Draw your Zanpukto."

"You better use your Bankai, Kai. I'm not going to hold back on you."

Kai nods, and once again Eiji gets to view the spectacle of the Key's Bankai. Amane smiles, her form bulking out, her eyes shifting colors.

"Berserker."

The two echange a brutal series of blows. Kai doesn't dodge, but Amane's attacks don't breach Senbonzakura's upgraded defenses. Ten minutes pass and Amane returns to normal. "Fine I guess I should go for real against you too."

Kai smiles, even as Amane reveals her Bankai. As Opposed to Akina's pure Angel, One of Amane's wings is black feathered, and her armor a dichotomy of obsidian and brilliant silver and gold. She handily beats him, until he utilizes Senkei, just barely achieving a draw with her.

"Push it further Kai, just a bit further..." Then it ends as Senbonzakura fades, and Kai falls over. breathing hard, and sighs.

"Dammit."

"That was very good Kai. nobody's forced me into this form in a fight before. For someone not born to this to do so speaks volumes of your potential."

She smiles and helps him up. "You'll make a fine Captain."

It was only then the smiling Akina pointed to Eiji. "I see Contestant number two finally found his way here."

Eiji smiles as he bows to his various superiors, "If I'd known you were waiting for me I'd have come sooner. What would you have of me Akina-san?"

Given what he had just witnessed Eiji started preparing himself for a fight while he awaited the answer.

Akina smiles like a cat. "Why you're going to fight me, my Lieutenant, to see how much you've learned and whether or not you're ready to move up again."

She unsheathes her sword as Amane tends to Kai. "You may choose to fight augmented or unaugmented, but know that I wish to see the full extent of your power. Do not hesitate. I will not."

Eiji bows slightly saying, "I thought it might be something like that." As he straightens up he turns it into a backflip, landing 100ft away and drawing his sword.

"I guess we should start as we mean to go on, Bankai!"

Eiji summons the power of the Storm Dragon from within himself, the tatoo on his body coming to life and expanding into a 30ft long blue-black oriental dragon as it takes to the air of the training area.

"Bankai." In a flash the meek looking young girl is gone, replaced with the gron Miko Angel. Her sword blazes in her hand and her brilliant ivory wings frame her form. She smiles and from her left hand Launches a brilliant ble flash,"Sokatsui!" the 34th kido spell."

(dodge vs 20 You may have all your defenses errected as he was warned it was serious. Sokatsui does 150 damage.)

Eiiji had initiated Flashsteps as soon as he had started the Bankai, and with that it was easy to teleport away to avoid the effects of the spell. From his new position 50m behind her he launched a spell of his own off at her, barely waiting for the Ball Lightning to hit before he 'ported in next to her for a two handed sword strike. 'porting back to the same spot, in anticipation of her thinking he would go behind her again, he strikes again with his sword a blur leaving a sparking blue trail.

As the sinuous form of the Storm Dragon twists above the fight and starts returning Eiji 'ports out to the limit of his range with the Ball lightning that he launches at Akina and he jumps further back as the Storm Dragon unleashes his 'Thunder Cracker' breath weapon at her. A torrent of blue-white lightning cascades from the Dragons mouth, 'splashing' and crackling outwards as it hits the ground.

Click to reveal..

1st Action - Bankai and Flashsteps

1st Defence

(13:40:01) (Eiji): Dodge the spell heading towards him DCV 17, needs 20

(13:40:07) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,4.

(13:40:17) (Eiji): So 9+17 = 26 - evaded

2nd Action - Ball lightning

(20:44:17) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,3.+15 ACV = 20

Damage if hits = 155 + reduce Armour rating by 12

3rd Action - Sword - Arc Inazuma

(20:49:34) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,4.+17 ACV = 25

Damage = 155, Penetrating 3, Piercing 3, Multi-D

4th Action - Sword - Arc Inazuma

(20:55:31) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 6,2.+17 ACV = 25

Damage = 155, Penetrating 3, Piercing 3, Multi-D

5th Action - Ball Lightning

(20:56:39) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,1.!!

Use Divine Relationshiip to get a re-roll

(20:57:02) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,6.+15 ACV = 26

Damage if hits = 155 + reduce Armour rating by 12

6th Action - if everyone else far enough away from Akina - Thunder Cracker from the Storm Dragon!!

(20:59:21) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,2.+18 ACV = 23

Weapon level 35, homing, accurate 3, range 3 (1km), area 5

(100m), Damage = 35x7+18 = 259

3 Defences with Flashsteps

(21:01:46) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,3.+17 DCV = 23

(21:03:35) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,2.+17 DCV = 21

(21:04:49) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,1.+17 DCV = 22

Akina smiled as he vanished, and the attacks all seemed to strike her. Dust obscured her from view as Thunder Cracker hit and there was a brilliant blue explosion.

The smoke cleared and She stood, her armor singed a little but not a hair out of place. "Impressive for one who's not yet used to such Power." She launches towards him, attacking first with her sword, attacks that should hve bisected him didn't but the pain arced over his body threatening his mind with pain overload.

"Come on Don't tell me this is it. You need to at least make me say the name of my blade before you go down."

She held out two fingers and grinned sadistically. "Hadou number 4, Byakurai!" a bolt of gleaming blue-white electricity sparked into him, and Eiji suddenly found himself reenergized. (Full HP and EP)

"That's your freebie, Now impress me boy."

(She used Mercy to drop him to one hp keeping him alive)

[Now has 220EP and 100HP from replenishment]

Eiji shakes his head to clear it slightly. Well that was about what I expected.

“I will try to do so Captain, but I am well aware that my defences need further improvement.”

Raising Inazuma to a 2 handed high guard position he taps into his inner strength and with a whisper that some how carries to all in the training area activates one of his latest abilities,

I challenge the laws of Nature and Reason,

I summon the power that is forbidden.

Socom Socom ra

Asp heluke unt,

Kotsf peo cois,

asp asp asp ran,

Accellerator, EXIST!

Crackling sparks of electricity spread rapidly outward from his chest leaving his skin the same dark blue of the Storm Dragon that flies above while the sparks continue travelling along his body’s major chakra.

Quickly circling around Akina looking for an opening he initiates a defence, his “Shield of Elements” and is quickly surrounded by an encircling patchwork of the 5 classic ninja elements – Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Void. As it finishes forming and partly obscures his form he strikes at the Captain with his sword before vanishing as lightning strikes where he had been standing. [Flashsteps away]

Appearing with another lightning strike 200m away Eiji calls on his Ikarin and Kage ancestors to watch over him, then circles his sword over his head “Inazuma”, gathering sparks of electricity from the air as he does so before launching them at Akina, “Thunderbolt Cut!”

As the Storm Dragon twists and turns in its flight over the training area Eiji continues to move about the area launching 2 more Thunderbolt Cuts at the altered but still young appearing form of Captain Akina. Finally he takes up a guard position some 200m from her as once again the Dragon’s lightning breath cascades down upon her.

Click to reveal..

1st action - Activate Accelerator : +1 action, +1 defence, +4 ACV/DCV, lose half current HP

Now has 6 actions left (7 total) (including Dragon Thunder Cracker), and 5 defences

Base ACV/DCV = 11 + 4 (Bankai/Flashsteps) + 4 (Accelerator) = 19 (21 with Sword)

HP Left = 50

2nd Action – Start FF spell = 32 AR -10EP/turn = 210 left

3rd Action – Arc Inazuma strike

(03:02:41) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,6.+21 = 28

Damage = 159, Penetrating 3, Piercing 3, Multi-D

Spirit Command Guardian – 80EP = 130 left

4th Action – Thunderbolt Cut – 35EP = 95 left

(03:12:42) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,3.+21 = 27

Damage = 229, ignores all Armour and FF

5th Action – Thunderbolt Cut -35EP = 60EP

(03:50:17) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,4.+21 = 27

6th Action – Thunderbolt Cut -35EP = 25EP

(03:50:21) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 6,1.+21 = 28

7th Action – Thunder Cracker

(03:50:26) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,3.+22=26

Damage = 264, Homing, Range 1km, Area 100m

5 Defences at +21

(03:57:12) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 6,6.+21 = 33

(03:57:17) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,2.+21 = 25

(03:57:20) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 6,2.+21 = 29

(03:57:24) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 6,2.+21 = 29

(03:57:29) ChatBot: (Eiji) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,5.+21 = 30

The effects of the spell were impressive, the fact he didn't miss Akina evidence of that. Her miko outfit and armor shredded, her hair covering part of her face and her breathing ragged, she stood up and smiled. "Now that is what I was hoping you could do. Amane.."

The other Captain immediately moved to grab Kai and teleport him to safety. "It's not often I find someone who can survive what I'm about to do."

She put her hand to the back of her sword , it's rear edge slicing her flesh, the blood causing the blade to ignite. "Turn all the world to ash, Ryujin Jakka!"A wave of flame buffeted Eiji as the miko outfit burned away but did no real damage, leaving Akina clad only in brilliant pearl and gold armor. She launched into an attack and Eiji, seeing her first hadn't felled him. She sliced with her Zanpukto twice, then held it back as she held out her hand in front of his chest.

The words she spoke were ancient and powerful. Truly not of this world.

"I challenge the laws of Nature and Reason,

I summon the power of destruction,

Veluta aeim, quifa quifa,

Samda Maa kaav,

MagnaBlast, EXIST!"

A brilliant burst of gold and red energy shot forth from her hand knocking Eiji into the air.

Click to reveal..
Her attacks do 200, 200, 200 and magnablast does 500.

due to Guard that is 50/50/50/125 which you now apply your your defenses to each.

Eiji had reeled back slightly as each of her Zanpukto attacks forced it's way through his defences. As she began the incantation for her Magnablast he went visibly pale, but it didn't help him to deal with what hit him next. He flew a good 100ft before hitting, and bouncing a further 20 ft along the ground, ending in a bloody heap.

Click to reveal..

Armour = 14 AR

FF = 32 AR initially

HP = 50 (after activating Accellerator)

Damage inflicted after defences = 4 + 8 + 12 + 91 = 115

Therefore ends turn at -65HP

If it still works, he will Regen 5HP each turn.

He woke with a start, healed up and yet still very sore. "Perhaps I overdid it abit. Still you actually took my released attack, and several swings of my blade. Pretty impressive for someone so young."

"You're one of the few I trust with most thing Lieutenant. I need to be able to trust you now with something even more important."

"First I must ask this. "Do you Swear to obey the Laws of Satoshi, to obey my orders without question?"

Eiji got slowly and a little stiffly to his feet in order to give Captain Akina a low bow, "Hai Akina-san. I have lived all my life within Satoshi and have always obeyed our laws, I have no wish to do otherwise. As my appointed superior I will of course obey your orders."

"Then know this. Kai and Raisho and I have decided to expand Satoshi's CRT's in the time we have left. The teams we have wiil be dispersed, to form the center of thirteen new teams comprised of the best of the best.

"What you just endured and what Kai endured, were tests. Like Georgi The current officers tested the best candidates, and the three of you will be joining us as Fellow Captains."

Eiji nods at the need to expand back out to 13 teams, and gets a grim look when told he will be one of the new Captain's.

"Thank you for your confidence in me, I will do my best to be worthy of it. Did you have a particular team in mind for me?"

He takes a deep breath, unkinks his neck, and says with a smile "I guess I better get working on my defences."

"Yes because our goal is to Protect Kai, protect the gates, and protect our people, and our nation, in that order. I know our young friend is trying to work out a peaceful solution to the Federation Delimma, but if he cannot, then we will go to war facing an enemy hundreds of times larger than us. We must be stronger than ever, better than ever, to handle this task."

Archived